Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions on Magoffin's Team Next Season
Magoffin looks good in areas. They played Knott Central today at Hazard and lost by 10 or 12. I look for them to do fairly well. Placing second to a very good Johnson Central team and possibly winning a game in region.
Tricky Wrote:I think you all in Martin County will be disappointed this year; just like you have been the previous 6 years.
Last year you all were on here talking about how good Sheldon Clark was going to be. But again, you didnt make it out of the District. So don't set yourself up for failure like you did last year.
Your in a 5 team district and at best your a 4 or 5 seed.
Last year everyone talked of how much "BETTER" Sc would be. Not that they were going to win region and go to state. They improved tremendously. And they did do very well this last season. They weren't failures at all, and it's ignorant to call a team a failure after going from a 3 win season to 2 winning seasons in a row.
JC will win District. Plain and simple. SC or Paintsville will be in the championship game with them.
Tricky Wrote:One more point: Get a coach first, before you start beating teams in the off season.
I'm sure they could win some without a coach. SC has been lifting weights and practicing every day during the week this summer. Not just a couple girls. ALL of them, the entire team has. And that's WITHOUT having a coach. This is a determined bunch, and it's people like you who make them want to win even more. It isn't the players faults they haven't hired a coach yet. So remarks towards the team regarding that situation are irrelevant.
Hoe did Magoffin do in the Raceland League last night?
i heard today that magoffin beat johnson central by 19 or more pts. in the tournament in hazard ...but yet central is far better than magoffin??:confused: ok...
cards_athlete Wrote:Last year everyone talked of how much "BETTER" Sc would be. Not that they were going to win region and go to state. They improved tremendously. And they did do very well this last season. They weren't failures at all, and it's ignorant to call a team a failure after going from a 3 win season to 2 winning seasons in a row.
JC will win District. Plain and simple. SC or Paintsville will be in the championship game with them.

Let see, what do you base your assumptions on?????? I didn't say they were failures; but it seems that for the past 2 or 3 years , you all have been bragging how good they would be.
Lets see; how many player did Sheldon Clark lose last year??????? And what are they replacing them with?????
Even though you say the team has been lifting and running, they havent been practicing. If you can't put the ball through the goal, then you will be out scored and that means the other team wins........
Sheldon Clark in the finals at Magoffin County; which is where the District is held at this year; That is flat out Hilarious!
gotgame? Wrote:i heard today that magoffin beat johnson central by 19 or more pts. in the tournament in hazard ...but yet central is far better than magoffin??:confused: ok...

Yea, but that dosen't mean anything.......or wait does it???? And without Megan Powers, their Senior Power Forward.

But according to Cards Athlete Sheldon Clark is better; so where does that them move to.

Are we to assume that Sheldon Clark should be favored to win the district now??????Smile Rolleyes Rolleyes
Tricky Wrote:Yea, but that dosen't mean anything.......or wait does it???? And without Megan Powers, their Senior Power Forward.

But according to Cards Athlete Sheldon Clark is better; so where does that them move to.

Are we to assume that Sheldon Clark should be favored to win the district now??????Smile Rolleyes Rolleyes

Chill guys - it's summer ball. No one really has their "full" teams right now. Magoffin's without a couple and Johnson Central is, too. There's enough pressure during the season; just let the girls play some ball this summer without all the who's the best now stuff. What's said now doesn't matter anyway.
cards_athlete Wrote:I'm sure they could win some without a coach. SC has been lifting weights and practicing every day during the week this summer. Not just a couple girls. ALL of them, the entire team has. And that's WITHOUT having a coach. This is a determined bunch, and it's people like you who make them want to win even more. It isn't the players faults they haven't hired a coach yet. So remarks towards the team regarding that situation are irrelevant.
when is the tv crews coming to Inez to make the movie of the week about the team that wins without a coach ?
The Fan Wrote:when is the tv crews coming to Inez to make the movie of the week about the team that wins without a coach ?
Oh yeah. Forgot to mention that. They'll be here next week.Rolleyes
BballFan63 Wrote:Chill guys - it's summer ball. No one really has their "full" teams right now. Magoffin's without a couple and Johnson Central is, too. There's enough pressure during the season; just let the girls play some ball this summer without all the who's the best now stuff. What's said now doesn't matter anyway.
EXACTLY! I just don't like people thinking that the Sheldon Clark girls basketball team is a failure, and making rude remarks dealing with the coaching situation.
cards_athlete Wrote:EXACTLY! I just don't like people thinking that the Sheldon Clark girls basketball team is a failure, and making rude remarks dealing with the coaching situation.

Yea, it is SUMMER BALL, I didnt say you were failures. I said " Don't set yourself up for failure." A slight difference.
I can't help your coaching issues, you need to discuss that with your school adminstrators. But you make some pretty bold statements, considering that you haven't played one game this summer, you don't have a coach. So to say you are a better team than Magoffin is just flat out funny. Of course, your going to get some people who disagree.
Call Coach Miller and see if you can schedule of the summer games against the Hornets and if you beat them, then you can talk trash.
BballFan63 Wrote:Chill guys - it's summer ball. No one really has their "full" teams right now. Magoffin's without a couple and Johnson Central is, too. There's enough pressure during the season; just let the girls play some ball this summer without all the who's the best now stuff. What's said now doesn't matter anyway.

Who is central without this summer i kno that magoffin is without powers and marshall? and also magoffin has to be just as or better than central and they had played 5 games thursday and friday and central had only played two leading up to that game at which they got beat by 19. i just dont want people counting out magoffin to soon i think by january they will be 1 of the top in the region.
I know Central was without their two main backup guards their main backup forward and still without their starting forward. Also, most of the girls went to the baseball game the night before and didn't get home till around 1 am. Magoffin will be a good team this year, and IMO will finish no worse than 3rd behind JC and LC. Ashley Hall is a great player and Adams is the 2nd best center in the district.
eaglehoops Wrote:I know Central was without their two main backup guards their main backup forward and still without their starting forward. Also, most of the girls went to the baseball game the night before and didn't get home till around 1 am. Magoffin will be a good team this year, and IMO will finish no worse than 3rd behind JC and LC. Ashley Hall is a great player and Adams is the 2nd best center in the district.

Since Welch isn't playing for Paintsville; I would say that makes her the Best Center in the 57th District.
stash3 Wrote:Who is central without this summer i kno that magoffin is without powers and marshall? and also magoffin has to be just as or better than central and they had played 5 games thursday and friday and central had only played two leading up to that game at which they got beat by 19. i just dont want people counting out magoffin to soon i think by january they will be 1 of the top in the region.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Central had played 9 games before this one against Magoffin County, not two. This was Central's only loss for the week, and they looked flat and sloppy. But by saying that, I'm not knocking Magoffin County either. They didn't look bad at all even without Powers. If anyone is counting Magoffin out too early then they are wrong and don't know what they're talking about. I also think it's wrong to start slamming other teams, too. You are doing the same thing to Central based on this one loss that you don't want people to do to your team. So what's the difference?
eaglehoops Wrote:I know Central was without their two main backup guards their main backup forward and still without their starting forward. Also, most of the girls went to the baseball game the night before and didn't get home till around 1 am. Magoffin will be a good team this year, and IMO will finish no worse than 3rd behind JC and LC. Ashley Hall is a great player and Adams is the 2nd best center in the district.

Yea magoffin played like 4 games that day and got home around 1 am. as well but they wasnt watching a baseball game they were playing basketball games......... but anyways everyone just needs to wait until Febuary or March rolls around .
If Magoffin's girls couldn't win the 15th with the "WNBA" they had last year, I wouldn't expect a whimper out of them this year!!!
BballFan63 Wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Central had played 9 games before this one against Magoffin County, not two. This was Central's only loss for the week, and they looked flat and sloppy. But by saying that, I'm not knocking Magoffin County either. They didn't look bad at all even without Powers. If anyone is counting Magoffin out too early then they are wrong and don't know what they're talking about. I also think it's wrong to start slamming other teams, too. You are doing the same thing to Central based on this one loss that you don't want people to do to your team. So what's the difference?

no im not slamming central they are a really good team but everyones saying centrals going to dominate the 57th welll peoples wrong and also i was talking about thurday and friday they had only played two games leading up to this one.. if you are talkin about all last week magoffin played twelve to centrals 9 and ashley hall played 13 because she was playing against the ky allstars.
bball fan Wrote:If Magoffin's girls couldn't win the 15th with the "WNBA" they had last year, I wouldn't expect a whimper out of them this year!!!

maggofin could have won with the wnba they had last year but they just gave up michaela was the only one of the seniors that actually played
Smile We don't have all those Howards this year Sad
how many seniors did magoffin have last year?
magoffin lost alot of their load last season look 4 magoffin 2 be in rebuilding mode this season
They will be in rebuilding mode for years to come. They lost alot of their scoring from last season. Ashley Hall is a really good player as well as Megan Powers, I just dont see those two being able to carry this team by themselves. I could be wrong and wouldnt mind being wrong on this but I just dont think I will be. If so, then I will be the first to admit it.
many people believe magoffin is going to be in rebuilding year and yes they did lose a lot of their scoring but ashley hall along with other player on the magoffin team have a really got scoring ability but didnt have the chance to show it because of the three seniors. Also magoffin defense and team ball will be better this year. I believe they will suprise alot of people and be a possible 15th region championship contendor.Big Grin
The height of Hornets will pose a lot of match up problems for other teams this year comming.

It isn't just the fact that they are taller, with two players over 6 foot. They will be surprised with how athletic they are also.

Felcia Prater and Breanna Adams both over 6' can run the floor, block shots and rebound.

Put them in with Katlin Minix, Ashley Hall and Megan Powers; you have an athletic team that can run, jump, score and just as important, play defense.
all im gonna say is that magoffin will surprise a few this season...yea we lost the seniors. but so did all the other teams in america..u kno what im sayin??
i look for magoffin to be a pretty good team this year. Im excited to get to watch these new group of girls and see what they got.
I agree with above posts, rebuilding mode is in session.
Magoffin Co. will be a good team next year. Decent team.