Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville RPI and Class A RPI analysis
(11-02-2020, 12:16 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 11:57 AM)Go Blazers Go Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 11:52 AM)2000PHS Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 11:32 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 11:26 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Not exactly apples and oranges but I see your argument. Pikeville is going to do what is best for them this week and in the playoffs. If a bad large school pops up on your schedule this week, it is as clear as Walter White crystal what Pikeville is doing. If I were Pikeville, I would do one of two things:

1. Not play, get healthy
2. Play the best team I could find 3A or below to get challenged and work on stuff.
You are becoming a Pikeville fan 2000! Holding Pikeville to higher standards than Paintsville like all Pikeville fans do...

Well then I fully expect you to condemn the Pikeville coaching staff when a “large, bad team” pops up, if it does. Or you could go ahead and speak out against it. 
I think I was pretty firm on my thoughts about canceling with LCA.

(11-02-2020, 11:44 AM)Go Blazers Go Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 10:03 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Point out anything in this thread you find to be false.

I'm glad KCD bailed on Bardstown, I want the two mountain teams to go to Louisville and demolish KCD and Holy Cross.

Ya'll keep sleeping on Crittenden County...
I watched CC last year, unless they have improved by 6 TDs... they ain’t touching the East top 3.

"I watched CC last year".
They just outplayed the 6th best team in 6a, Henderson.  
CC probably has the best defense by a fairly wide margin in 1a.  they'll beat Holy Cross or KCD in the regional finals this year.  We'll see what happens moving forward.
Um, no.

They just held a top 10 6a team to their lowest point total of the season.  Name a better defensive performance by a class a team this year?
(11-02-2020, 11:26 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Not exactly apples and oranges but I see your argument. Pikeville is going to do what is best for them this week and in the playoffs. If a bad large school pops up on your schedule this week, it is as clear as Walter White crystal what Pikeville is doing. If I were Pikeville, I would do one of two things:

1. Not play, get healthy
2. Play the best team I could find 3A or below to get challenged and work on stuff.
You are becoming a Pikeville fan 2000! Holding Pikeville to higher standards than Paintsville like all Pikeville fans do...

Well then I fully expect you to condemn the Pikeville coaching staff when a “large, bad team” pops up, if it does. Or you could go ahead and speak out against it. 

(11-02-2020, 10:03 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Point out anything in this thread you find to be false.

I'm glad KCD bailed on Bardstown, I want the two mountain teams to go to Louisville and demolish KCD and Holy Cross.

I watched CC last year, unless they have improved by 6 TDs... they ain’t touching the East top 3.

CC probably has the best defense by a fairly wide margin in 1a.  they'll beat Holy Cross or KCD in the regional finals this year.  We'll see what happens moving forward.
Um, no.
^Pikeville held Belfry to 14. Belfry would beat Crittenden by 35 minimum.

1. Not play, get healthy

Um, no.
I agree do not sleep on Crittenden, not the same team as last year.  Could be wrong, but definitely not the team from last year.

1. Not play, get healthy
Total apples to oranges. We didn’t cancel on Knox, they cancelled on us. It has been some time. We did not sell our character to try and pick up a win IF we pick up a win. Fact is, still a lot of teams who won’t agree to play because it’s Pikeville and it’s a potential loss.
(11-02-2020, 02:41 PM)PHSForever Wrote:

1. Not play, get healthy
Total apples to oranges. We didn’t cancel on Knox, they cancelled on us. It has been some time. We did not sell our character to try and pick up a win IF we pick up a win. Fact is, still a lot of teams who won’t agree to play because it’s Pikeville and it’s a potential loss.
Respectfully disagree. it is rumored you have turned down a few games (JC) and I don’t blame you for that. If Pikeville picks up a game it will be exactly the type that Paintsville did last week. It backfired on us. Only difference is we canceled a game to get to it.
Do a little research. I’d put Crittenden’s D against any others in Class A.
^The research card has been played lol...
2000PHS

1. Not play, get healthy
Respectfully disagree. it is rumored you have turned down a few games (JC) and I don’t blame you for that. If Pikeville picks up a game it will be exactly the type that Paintsville did last week. It backfired on us. Only difference is we canceled a game to get to it.

uhhh, so. We should schedule a guaranteed loss on purpose to assuage the hurt feelings of other Paintsville posters, who are hurt because Pikeville and any other fan base in the state can see the program leaders there are gutless cowards who backed out of a game, immediately scheduled another one that would have been a slaughter, then scheduled another they THOUGHT would be a win, took an L, and now want everyone to hold their hands and cry and commiserate with them?  No. 

Knox cancelled on Pikeville. Pikeville worked on finding reasonable games that would not decimate the roster, scheduled LCA and actually followed through with it (quite different than the Tiggers), and now is in need of another game. I wholeheartedly endorse Mac and staff lining up Letcher. And not to disparage LCC, but I would hope if they play, PHS hangs 50 on them. Stop trying to spin it like Pikeville is avoiding games. You going to endorse the Tiggers lining up Trinity or St. X?
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSForever's post:
  • jetpilot
(11-02-2020, 03:12 PM)2000PHS Wrote:

1. Not play, get healthy
"Only difference is we were gutless and classless."  

Pikeville should do whatever it takes to stay ahead of Paintsville in RPI. PERIOD. They aren't breaking any commitments, they don't owe anyone a game, they don't owe anyone an explanation, they aren't harming anyone. They are only improving the odds they win another championship. Which is the goal. End of story.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHSForever
(11-01-2020, 07:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Going to watch Apollo 13 with the baby girl, will give analysis later.

Bottom line Pikeville needs a game with Letcher Central, West Carter, Pike Central or Shelby Valley...or someone similar to not end up playing at Paintsville where Pikeville being 3 TDs or better could be in jeopardy...

Won't matter Jet, I read somewhere on this site that Sayre has it rapped up.  Pikeville is playing for 2nd  Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like MayfieldCardinal's post:
  • 2000PHS, jetpilot, PHSForever, Westside
I think I was the most vocal critic of what happened. And I agree Pikeville should schedule a game that makes sense and I’ve been consistent with that as well. I’m just saying they have been selective with who they schedule and decline. Y’all ain’t above gaming the system so get off that high horse.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
RPI Bible
1. Do not leave a game unscheduled.
2. If you are going to play someone out of state, make sure you beat them.
3. If you are going to schedule someone from a lower class, make sure you beat them.
4. If you are going to schedule someone from a higher class, you should probably make sure you beat them.
5. If you are going to to schedule someone you may lose to, make sure they are from the biggest class possible and they win games.

Such a broken system.. the RPI doesn't give a rat's behind about strength of schedule or strength of victory/loss.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • 2000PHS
(11-02-2020, 04:42 PM)2000PHS Wrote: I think I was the most vocal critic of what happened. And I agree Pikeville should schedule a game that makes sense and I’ve been consistent with that as well. I’m just saying they have been selective with who they schedule and decline. Y’all ain’t above gaming the system so get off that high horse.
If we aren't above it, we sure are bad at it. Going to play LCA on the road when we didn't have to is a really horrible way to game the system...
The only high horse I'm on is not backing out of commitments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHSForever
(11-02-2020, 04:53 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: RPI Bible
1. Do not leave a game unscheduled.
2. If you are going to play someone out of state, make sure you beat them.
3. If you are going to schedule someone from a lower class, make sure you beat them.
4. If you are going to schedule someone from a higher class, you should probably make sure you beat them.
5. If you are going to to schedule someone you may lose to, make sure they are from the biggest class possible and they win games.

Such a broken system.. the RPI doesn't give a rat's behind about strength of schedule or strength of victory/loss.
Good bible but Holy Cross and KCD add a chapter that works even better. Play the crappiest teams in the highest class that you can beat, and even better crappiest teams in the highest class you can beat who also play (and beat) other crappy teams.

Scrap the RPI and just use Calpreps, simple solution.
(11-02-2020, 05:19 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 04:42 PM)2000PHS Wrote: I think I was the most vocal critic of what happened. And I agree Pikeville should schedule a game that makes sense and I’ve been consistent with that as well. I’m just saying they have been selective with who they schedule and decline. Y’all ain’t above gaming the system so get off that high horse.
If we aren't above it, we sure are bad at it. Going to play LCA on the road when we didn't have to is a really horrible way to game the system...
Playing LCA and losing was better than not playing at all that week which is what was going to happen until LCA had yet another team back out on them.
(11-02-2020, 05:30 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
Playing LCA and losing was better than not playing at all that week which is what was going to happen until LCA had yet another team back out on them.
No, there are plenty of bad teams out there to play wink wink.
Also, I would say Pikeville probably thought they were mathematically eliminated from getting ahead of Paintsville in the RPI when we scheduled LCC. I could understand the thought process at that point “we can’t catch them in RPI, so let’s play this game and get reps.” Now that we got beat, it changes everything. If I were Pikeville I would be throwing some serious cash at teams to get them to come take an L.
2000 PHS you get a half of a point to not play because of COVID. You get 0 if you lose. They would have been better off to not play. That’s the way I’ve had it explained to me.
(11-02-2020, 05:43 PM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: 2000 PHS you get a half of a point to not play because of COVID. You get 0 if you lose. They would have been better off to not play. That’s the way I’ve had it explained to me.
Not if you think the teams above you can’t be mathematically reached. Then you have nothing to lose and can play and not worry about RPI. Am I making sense? Even if you don’t agree?
(11-02-2020, 05:35 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
Also, I would say Pikeville probably thought they were mathematically eliminated from getting ahead of Paintsville in the RPI when we scheduled LCC. I could understand the thought process at that point “we can’t catch them in RPI, so let’s play this game and get reps.” Now that we got beat, it changes everything. If I were Pikeville I would be throwing some serious cash at teams to get them to come take an L.
Seriously you are grasping at straws now, lol, although it's amusing to see you try to make the best of a really bad hand...It's all in fun though hehehe

Also you said Pikeville declined some offers. Don't know if that's actually true but they did want to play Paintsville.
(11-02-2020, 05:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Seriously you are grasping at straws now, lol, although it's amusing to see you try to make the best of a really bad hand...It's all in fun though hehehe

Also you said Pikeville declined some offers. Don't know if that's actually true but they did want to play Paintsville.
What else would we be talking about on here!? Hahah 

I’m not saying that happened, just that it makes sense if it did.
I have been around Ky football for more than 50 years, and have never seen anything belittle our sport like this.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlueSky's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(11-02-2020, 03:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 03:12 PM)2000PHS Wrote:

1. Not play, get healthy
"Only difference is we were gutless and classless."  

Pikeville should do whatever it takes to stay ahead of Paintsville in RPI. PERIOD. They aren't breaking any commitments, they don't owe anyone a game, they don't owe anyone an explanation, they aren't harming anyone. They are only improving the odds they win another championship. Which is the goal. End of story.

Funny how when Pikeville does whatever they need to put themselves in the best position it’s ok, because they don’t owe anyone anything! It’s always different when it comes to Pikeville! Hehehe
Hey Bird who is the 4-5 starters that you stated that the tigers had out against Letcher??? Shows on the Khsaa website that the only player that didn’t play was 72.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panthers Dominate's post:
  • jetpilot
(11-02-2020, 05:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Somerset is open this week.  I think they'll have their starters back.   That used to be a good series several years back.
High horse ? Lol !! You sound like obumer a few yrs. ago. Paintsville thought they would cancel LCA because they new their ass would get kicked in a bad way, so they schedule an LCC team with a bad record and by doing so thought they could win and then be on the "High horse rpi rating", but it backfired on them and instead of being on a  "High horse" it backfired and ended up on a jackass.!! Great job coach!!
(11-02-2020, 09:34 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote:
High horse ? Lol !! You sound like obumer a few yrs. ago. Paintsville thought they would cancel LCA because they new their ass would get kicked in a bad way, so they schedule an LCC team with a bad record and by doing so thought they could win and then be on the "High horse rpi rating", but it backfired on them and instead of being on a  "High horse" it backfired and ended up on a jackass.!! Great job coach!!
Well, if Pikeville turns around and schedules a large, bad school I guess we can ride into the sunset together up on them ponies! 

Good luck Pikeville and stay healthy. Hopefully we meet again in the finals. I’ve said since May y’all are the favorites.
All the more reason to watch RPI...Crittenden

I agree Crittenden can win their region...look who Holy Cross schedules lol...it's like JV...

Nickname: Cougars
Coach: Eric Dick
Class: 1A
District: 2
Roster: Click here
Latest Game Stats Report Summary
Other Seasons for Holy Cross (Louisville) Football:

2020 KY Football

Return to latest scores for 2020 KY Football
DATE OPPONENT SITE SCORE STATS?
Sep 11, 20 Holmes away (W) 19 - 6 Click
Sep 18, 20 Moore away (W) 37 - 0 Click
Sep 26, 20 Providence (Clarksville), IN home (W) 35 - 28 Click
Oct 2, 20 Southern home (W) 56 - 20 Click
Oct 9, 20 Bethlehem home (W) 54 - 43 Click
Oct 30, 20 Walton-Verona away (L) 28 - 40 Click
Nov 6, 20 Marion County away 0 - 0 - COVID Cancelation-RPI per policy

So if after regular season it's
1/2 Holy Cross/KCD
3/4 Pikeville/Paintsville

Then Crittenden wins their region, it's 4 seed Crittenden vs 1 seed KCD
And 3 seed at 2 seed...
2 seed needs to be Pikeville...
(11-02-2020, 08:59 PM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: Hey Bird who is the 4-5 starters that you stated that the tigers had out against Letcher??? Shows on the Khsaa website that the only player that didn’t play was 72.
Pikeville has had more injuries to deal with all year than Paintsville.