Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd 46 East Ridge 18
vundy33 Wrote:ER has one of the biggest 3A schools in terms of students in the state don't they? Anyone have any info on that?

On KHSAA it looks like there are 17 schools bigger than East ridge playing 3A.
WOW! I didn't see this one coming out like it did.
This thread is being closely monitored, so watch what you say.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:East Ridge went about two whole weeks without a real practice. I'm hearing they didn't work on defense at all. The last defensive practice was over two weeks ago.
I find it hard to believe that Coach Branham wouldn't practice their defense as much as the offense. If anything, smaller teams that have players that go both ways, should give more time to the defense in practice.
Elwayfan Wrote:I find it hard to believe that Coach Branham wouldn't practice their defense as much as the offense. If anything, smaller teams that have players that go both ways, should give more time to the defense in practice.
Hey like I said, thats just what I heard from some of the players. And about the ER student enrollment questions, I believe it is the largest school student wise in the county at least.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Look, I haven't been digging through the Cantrell Ratings, but South Floyd is not ranked very high in Class A. Have they done well for such a small team? Yes. But my point was with no disrespect to South Floyd, that a 3A should not be getting dismantled by a low-rated Class A team. That goes for any team in class A other than a select few year in and year out. With the amount of students East Ridge has they should be able to field a team that could be a low-rated Class A school. No disrespect to SF at all, Coach Daniels does a great job and they are a nice team for the limited amount of players they have, but my point is that East Ridge should not be at the point they are.Wink

Thank You panther for clearing that up. I agree a 3A school should be loaded with players.
Nice win SF
Congrats South Floyd!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Benchwarmer Wrote:On KHSAA it looks like there are 17 schools bigger than East ridge playing 3A.

Thanks.
i thought east ridge was better than that
This game was "an all system failure".
warriorpride Wrote:This game was "an all system failure".

I think ER is just that bad this year...from the players I've spoken to they seem like they hate the coach. I don't think he'll be there next year.
vundy33 Wrote:I think ER is just that bad this year...from the players I've spoken to they seem like they hate the coach. I don't think he'll be there next year.

I get the same thing from some of them that I talk to. I am even hearing from some that theier decision to play next year will be based on it. I hate that for everyone. I believe he will be back next year though because the administration would feel pressured to keep him another year. I worry about the future of ER. It can't take too many more blows.
xwarrior Wrote:I get the same thing from some of them that I talk to. I am even hearing from some that theier decision to play next year will be based on it. I hate that for everyone. I believe he will be back next year though because the administration would feel pressured to keep him another year. I worry about the future of ER. It can't take too many more blows.

IMO all East Ridge needs is stabilization.....If they're like any other school in that area, they probably have some VERY athletic kids who dont participate in sports....The administration needs to find someone who will be dedicated to the program, and willing to work on getting these kids out for football....Then the community and everyone around ER needs to understand that it takes YEARS to build a successful football program...It starts with building a successful little league program where the kids learn all the fundamentals of football......The next step is having a member of your JV staff involved with the feeder school's grade school football programs, learing the basics to the offense and defense that the high school runs.........Then by the time the kids get to high school they are already head and shoulders above where they normally would be.....

Just my opinion.....
Thats what Ive been pointing out all along Football Frenzy, glad to see someone else sees it my way.
Coach Cline Wrote:Thats what Ive been pointing out all along Football Frenzy, glad to see someone else sees it my way.

:Thumbs:
I agree also...lol
ER, if you work hard and together things will get better.
Football Frenzy Wrote:IMO all East Ridge needs is stabilization.....If they're like any other school in that area, they probably have some VERY athletic kids who dont participate in sports....The administration needs to find someone who will be dedicated to the program, and willing to work on getting these kids out for football....Then the community and everyone around ER needs to understand that it takes YEARS to build a successful football program...It starts with building a successful little league program where the kids learn all the fundamentals of football......The next step is having a member of your JV staff involved with the feeder school's grade school football programs, learing the basics to the offense and defense that the high school runs.........Then by the time the kids get to high school they are already head and shoulders above where they normally would be.....

Just my opinion.....

I AGREE!!!
Benchwarmer Wrote:ER, if you work hard and together things will get better.

I don't think they know how to do that on Lick Creek....matter of fact I don't think they know the meaning of "together".
Football Frenzy Wrote:IMO all East Ridge needs is stabilization.....If they're like any other school in that area, they probably have some VERY athletic kids who dont participate in sports....The administration needs to find someone who will be dedicated to the program, and willing to work on getting these kids out for football....Then the community and everyone around ER needs to understand that it takes YEARS to build a successful football program...It starts with building a successful little league program where the kids learn all the fundamentals of football......The next step is having a member of your JV staff involved with the feeder school's grade school football programs, learing the basics to the offense and defense that the high school runs.........Then by the time the kids get to high school they are already head and shoulders above where they normally would be.....

Just my opinion.....

Absolutely agree. We all thought we had a dedicated coach, but after missing several practices early on, and then a do-nothing attitude during off week opened some eyes. I think he may be a good fit for someone, but he is not what ER needs. His skill level is below what Er kids are already capable of. There are several good players on the field and in the hallways. HE has not got the football knowledge to give them what they need. He may be better suited for a Betsy Layne, or Phelps (NO OFFENSE MEANT HERE) who lack more of the fundamentals and general knowledge due to a lack of strong feeders etc... I think he is over his head here though.
xwarrior Wrote:Absolutely agree. We all thought we had a dedicated coach, but after missing several practices early on, and then a do-nothing attitude during off week opened some eyes. I think he may be a good fit for someone, but he is not what ER needs. His skill level is below what Er kids are already capable of. There are several good players on the field and in the hallways. HE has not got the football knowledge to give them what they need. He may be better suited for a Betsy Layne, or Phelps (NO OFFENSE MEANT HERE) who lack more of the fundamentals and general knowledge due to a lack of strong feeders etc... I think he is over his head here though.

Wait a second there xwarrior. Id ont' believe that anyone from ER can put down Phelps or BL. They didn't cheat to pick up the wins that they had. They both won more games than you did and did it legally. Your coach is a joke and I agree with that part of your statement. Maybe he is not over his head, maybe he just doesn't have the players like thye have never had at ER. Your not very good and it is not entirely the coach's fault. You have to place some of the blame on what is actually put on the field. At ER with or without a coach that product just isn't very good. These punk kids now a days don't want to take any blame for the lack of product that they allow themselves to put on the field. IT is always the coach's fault I guess. How many coaches has ER had versus how many winning seasons they have had?
I wouldn't call what ER did as cheating...Just a stupid mistake. I don't think anyone knew besides the players that were ineligble.
When ER starts caring about the kids and quit playing politics they will succeed. No offense to anyone but it is true and the football program has definitely enlighted that situation. I hate it for the kids because they are who loose, in the class room and on the field, gym, or whatever extracurricular activity they choose to be in.
Capt. DH Wrote:Wait a second there xwarrior. Id ont' believe that anyone from ER can put down Phelps or BL. They didn't cheat to pick up the wins that they had. They both won more games than you did and did it legally. Your coach is a joke and I agree with that part of your statement. Maybe he is not over his head, maybe he just doesn't have the players like thye have never had at ER. Your not very good and it is not entirely the coach's fault. You have to place some of the blame on what is actually put on the field. At ER with or without a coach that product just isn't very good. These punk kids now a days don't want to take any blame for the lack of product that they allow themselves to put on the field. IT is always the coach's fault I guess. How many coaches has ER had versus how many winning seasons they have had?
I agree there Capt. DH, everyone always wants to blame the coach. The coach isn't very good, but he does't deserve all the blame. He's not the only coach they've had and they have always performed way below average for a school that size.
Capt. DH Wrote:Wait a second there xwarrior. Id ont' believe that anyone from ER can put down Phelps or BL. They didn't cheat to pick up the wins that they had. They both won more games than you did and did it legally. Your coach is a joke and I agree with that part of your statement. Maybe he is not over his head, maybe he just doesn't have the players like thye have never had at ER. Your not very good and it is not entirely the coach's fault. You have to place some of the blame on what is actually put on the field. At ER with or without a coach that product just isn't very good. These punk kids now a days don't want to take any blame for the lack of product that they allow themselves to put on the field. IT is always the coach's fault I guess. How many coaches has ER had versus how many winning seasons they have had?

You wait a minute. I don't really think that you can put down players from ER. If you think "with or without a coach at ER, the products not very good" then you've had your head in a hole all season and have apparently not watched this team play. The players are there with plenty of talent. It is true that someone needs to recruit some more players from inside the hallways to come out and join the team. But, if there was a season to come out and win more games than any other year in school history it should have been this one. Instead it was a losing record. You can't have a coach that knows less about the game of football than some of the players. it just don't work. I feel bad that ER did have to forfeit their games, but I don't think that they purposely cheated. They turned themselves in! I don't always feel that a losing season means it's the coaches fault, but in this situation I definately feel the opposite. :fedup:
with the success the feeder schools have had the past 4 years something is screwy. ****, elkhorn city in the championship game in 04 and 05, Millard nearly making in there, losing by only 2 to pville last year, something is just not right. There are way to many kids who don't play, and it's because they don't like the coach and/or are not encourged by the coaches to come out. There is a lot of love for football roaming the hallways on lick creek, and someone needs to do work getting those kids involved in the offseason and get them on the field next season.
I seriously doubt that the players know more than the coach about football. I know Coach B and he knows football. It's hard to coach any team when you don't have enough quality help. When these schools combined how many of those schools even had football at the high school level. I know Elkhorn did. ER has never been a football school. There has been so much turnover in coaches in almost all the sports there that it's hard to build any of there programs. It takes time to implement what you want to do as a coach. The only program that has been successful year in and year out is the girls softball team. Jill has been there since day one. She does a great job. Ask Shelby Valley how hard it is to build a program when it's a basketball school. They are finally on the right track. Give Coach B some time he will get it turned around. How can you expect to have a good season when you hire a coach so late in the year? It's impossible unless your coming into a powerhouse and you would still have your work cut out for ya. Just my two cents.
formerallamerican11 Wrote:I seriously doubt that the players know more than the coach about football. I know Coach B and he knows football. It's hard to coach any team when you don't have enough quality help. When these schools combined how many of those schools even had football at the high school level. I know Elkhorn did. ER has never been a football school. There has been so much turnover in coaches in almost all the sports there that it's hard to build any of there programs. It takes time to implement what you want to do as a coach. The only program that has been successful year in and year out is the girls softball team. Jill has been there since day one. She does a great job. Ask Shelby Valley how hard it is to build a program when it's a basketball school. They are finally on the right track. Give Coach B some time he will get it turned around. How can you expect to have a good season when you hire a coach so late in the year? It's impossible unless your coming into a powerhouse and you would still have your work cut out for ya. Just my two cents.

:lmao: :wtf1:
BRanham should have stayed at Betsy Layne. Those kids believe in him.