•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Coach Tom Greer is Retiring…. What’s next for Corbin Football…..
How many kids will hit the transfer portal?
(05-07-2024, 01:33 AM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 11:39 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Good Riddance…
I just suspect people will wish they had Coach Greer back after all is said and done.   We'll see.
You must be outside your mind for having thoughts like this…
(05-07-2024, 08:17 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: How many kids will hit the transfer portal?
None will hit the portal.  It’s Corbin football man, come on.
The guy was 46-5 in four yrs and people were wanting him out. This in mind-boggling to me. Was there any other coach in Corbin history with those kind of results??
[-] The following 4 users Like runthepill's post:
  • Hatz, insideinfo, jax, king360
(05-07-2024, 09:21 AM)runthepill Wrote: The guy was 46-5 in four yrs and people were wanting him out. This in mind-boggling to me. Was there any other coach in Corbin history with those kind of results??

Region runner up with two ESPN top 150 recruits in the nation and a D1 QB. Douglass win in 2023, Franklin win in 2022 probably the two big wins out of those 46. Who else did they beat they shouldn't have?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Cowboy42
(05-06-2024, 09:15 PM)Old School 18 Wrote: Idk why Chris McNamee from Pikeville isn’t being discussed. He’s right their with Haddix as the most successful coaches in the state if u go by the run he’s been on in recent years. It would be tough to get him to leave the situation he’s in at the minute but Corbin isn’t your average Job in eastern ky.

Why would Coach McNamee want to take a step back by going to Corbin?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • jetpilot
(05-06-2024, 09:15 PM)Old School 18 Wrote: Idk why Chris McNamee from Pikeville isn’t being discussed. He’s right their with Haddix as the most successful coaches in the state if u go by the run he’s been on in recent years. It would be tough to get him to leave the situation he’s in at the minute but Corbin isn’t your average Job in eastern ky.

There is a better chance of you finding a nice piece of ocean front property in South Dakota than McNamee going to Corbin. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • jetpilot
If it’s not someone on the inside, It would take a complete psychopath to agree to this job and deal with these fans.

Parents and players better get out now and head to greener pastures. Corbin is full.
[-] The following 2 users Like RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • insideinfo, jax
(05-07-2024, 10:04 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 09:21 AM)runthepill Wrote: The guy was 46-5 in four yrs and people were wanting him out. This in mind-boggling to me. Was there any other coach in Corbin history with those kind of results??

Region runner up with two ESPN top 150 recruits in the nation and a D1 QB. Douglass win in 2023, Franklin win in 2022 probably the two big wins out of those 46. Who else did they beat they shouldn't have?

only because of how the brackets and rpi fell.
pretty sure everyone knew that game was the title game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • Hatz
(05-07-2024, 10:39 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:

Maybe Cov Cath will send them their runner up trophy then based off of "everyone knowing".
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Cowboy42
Joe Chirico.
Lots of politics with this job.

Lots of good things about it as well...

But LOTS of politics.

I'll throw a controversial take out there...
If I were Corbin:
1. Get every single dollar I can find and pool it together. Pass the offering plate around churches. Get the boot out at red lights.

2. Call Brock Vandagriff's dad, Greg Vandagriff, who is an ultra successful Head Coach in Georgia and an offensive innovator. He had made the State Finals the past 4 years and won three of them in Georgia. He has a made Prince Avenue into one of the best small school football programs in America.

3. Give him a house, a car, and a big check so he can go watch his son play at UK and his daughter play at EKU without having to catch a plane early in the morning or drive 7 hours after a game on Friday Night.

4. Find your Head Coach in waiting and let him learn under Vandagriff like what he is doing with Mark Richt's son right now.

IMHO, the natives in Corbin aren't going to be happy until they win a title and Haddix ain't going nowhere except up at Boyle. If you want to beat Haddix you need to go get someone who can do it better than Haddix and I am not sure that coach exists in Kentucky right now, or at least won't be able to do it with those politics and pressure.
[-] The following 4 users Like EKUAlum05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, papagrit, RunItUpTheGut
(05-07-2024, 10:43 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Maybe Cov Cath will send them their runner up trophy then based off of "everyone knowing".

Smile
A few names to look out for

Joe Chirico

Mark Payne
After the treatment Coach Haddix received at Corbin, I doubt very many successful coaches will be lining up for this job.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • BEChargers, RunItUpTheGut

Title game was two weeks later on Kroger Field..
(05-07-2024, 11:30 AM)Westside Wrote: After the treatment Coach Haddix received at Corbin, I doubt very many successful coaches will be lining up for this job.
And just as bad, the way Coach Jones was treated during the hiring process.
(05-07-2024, 10:43 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:

I probably would
(05-07-2024, 11:37 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

Title game was two weeks later on Kroger Field..

congrats I guess. 
That 41-0 ballgame that could have been 81-0 was a real fun watch
(05-07-2024, 11:30 AM)Westside Wrote: After the treatment Coach Haddix received at Corbin, I doubt very many successful coaches will be lining up for this job.

May they get what they deserve  Smile
  • Westside
(05-07-2024, 11:01 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: Lots of politics with this job.

Lots of good things about it as well...

But LOTS of politics.

I'll throw a controversial take out there...
If I were Corbin:
1. Get every single dollar I can find and pool it together. Pass the offering plate around churches. Get the boot out at red lights.

2. Call Brock Vandagriff's dad, Greg Vandagriff, who is an ultra successful Head Coach in Georgia and an offensive innovator. He had made the State Finals the past 4 years and won three of them in Georgia. He has a made Prince Avenue into one of the best small school football programs in America.

3. Give him a house, a car, and a big check so he can go watch his son play at UK and his daughter play at EKU without having to catch a plane early in the morning or drive 7 hours after a game on Friday Night.

4. Find your Head Coach in waiting and let him learn under Vandagriff like what he is doing with Mark Richt's son right now.

IMHO, the natives in Corbin aren't going to be happy until they win a title and Haddix ain't going nowhere except up at Boyle. If you want to beat Haddix you need to go get someone who can do it better than Haddix and I am not sure that coach exists in Kentucky right now, or at least won't be able to do it with those politics and pressure.

Id do that if i was pretty much any school in central and southern Kentucky whether i had a coach right now or not. 
I gotta feeling it’s gonna be an inside hire. It’s been coming for a while. Look at the movement for the past few weeks and who has stuck around knowing it was coming…
  • Bull got out!
(05-07-2024, 01:33 AM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 11:39 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Good Riddance…
I just suspect people will wish they had Coach Greer back after all is said and done.   We'll see.
Think again I never wanted him to begin with and I don’t think I’ve tried at all to hide it….
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, Old School Hound
(05-07-2024, 10:14 AM)Westside Wrote:
More money due to better boosters, better overall team consistently, better tradition, and last but not least more passionate fanbase. 
(05-07-2024, 12:20 PM)Old School 18 Wrote:
More money due to better boosters, better overall team consistently, better tradition, and last but not least more passionate fanbase. 

There's a lot of money in Pikeville as far as boosters go, look at the indoor and their locker room. 
At the level each of them are at, Pikeville has been much more consistent over the last decade. 
Mac has straight up revived and ignited the Pikeville tradition. 
As far as passion goes, not sure on that one either. 

No knocking Corbin, but everything is clicking for Pikeville and has been for a while now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • Hatz
I just hear where some fans are wanting a new hiring committee in Corbin. I think that is a smart move....

No, no, no, no and no.  You are wrong on all accounts.  I guarantee Corbin doesn't have more money backing the program than Pikeville.  Corbin doesn't have more consistency, and they don't have better tradition.  You are apparently have no knowledge at all about Pikeville or their football program.  Pikeville has won 7 state championships since Corbin last won one.
[-] The following 4 users Like Westside's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!, Jack Lambert, RunItUpTheGut
Bart will be the next man. He doesn't solve the large term issue but he covers them in the short term. No hire will beat Boyle no matter what Corbin fans think. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes GotYouInMyScope's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-07-2024, 12:55 PM)Westside Wrote:

No, no, no, no and no.  You are wrong on all accounts.  I guarantee Corbin doesn't have more money backing the program than Pikeville.  Corbin doesn't have more consistency, and they don't have better tradition.  You are apparently have no knowledge at all about Pikeville or their football program.  Pikeville has won 7 state championships since Corbin last won one.
I think you read his comment wrong. He’s saying Mac has more money and backing, etc at Pikeville than Corbin currently has. It was a little clunky in the wording but that’s what I read it as. Especially because he said “why would he want to take a step back” by going to Corbin. I can promise you he has a ton of knowledge about Pikeville and the program. Lol
(05-07-2024, 12:55 PM)Westside Wrote:

42 years is along time to wait in my opinion. However, we must compare apples to apples. And not apples to oranges. Pikeville winning 1A State Championships is far easier done than Pikeville winning 7 State Championships in 4A or 3A. I’ll agree Pikeville is very well coached and has a rich history in Kentucky High School Football. In my opinion Pikeville should at the very least be playing in Class 3A Football. Pikeville is consistently better than most 1A, 2A, and 3A teams so why not move up and prove to the state you can Win in the higher classes. If Corbin was playing in Class 1A they would win State Championship every year and that’s for real… I really like Pikevilles coach tho as he makes more adjustments than most I’ve watched..
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next