Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Coach resigns
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:I know. You know the thing that gets me is that people can get on computers and have screen names where no one knows who they are then can talk about players and coaches with reckless abandon. I just wish people would remember the players are just kids and shouldn't even be put down at all. The coaches are adults, yes they should be able to handle some criticism, but when it is unfounded or rumors and gossip, that just makes no sense at all to me. I mean, why get on here and put out rumors with no substantial support and want everyone to believe it is the truth. I think it should be like writing college papers, you must cite your sources and prove your "theories" rather than just spit out rumors, gossip, or "half-truths."

Amen! It is easy for some to forget they are messing with people's lives and reputations and gossip hurts more than it helps!
PHS95 Wrote:Amen! It is easy for some to forget they are messing with people's lives and reputations and gossip hurts more than it helps!

I'm glad JR got on here and voiced his opinion, from the view of a coach! Of course, I asked where the info came and never got a response so now we all know the rest of the story! Thanks JR!!

Best wishes to Coach Stiltner in whatever she chooses to do!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Where is the coach that was there before Amanda?
The things that I have discussed are under the table right now.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:I know. You know the thing that gets me is that people can get on computers and have screen names where no one knows who they are then can talk about players and coaches with reckless abandon. I just wish people would remember the players are just kids and shouldn't even be put down at all. The coaches are adults, yes they should be able to handle some criticism, but when it is unfounded or rumors and gossip, that just makes no sense at all to me. I mean, why get on here and put out rumors with no substantial support and want everyone to believe it is the truth. I think it should be like writing college papers, you must cite your sources and prove your "theories" rather than just spit out rumors, gossip, or "half-truths."

AMEN!:worthy:
Faith Wrote:Where is the coach that was there before Amanda?

I can honestly say I have not been approach(ed) about any situation. There has never been any discussion about me leaving the girls team. Just people saying that was what I was going to do, pretty much like now! It will be a busy off season for us this year, but that is what I like about coaching, doesn't bother me to work hard. As far as it being easy to coach talent, yes it is easy in some respect but like Coach Runyon told me after the Paintsville game, you have to have that talent in the right places so that they can use their skills to the best of their abilities. You also have to mold them into a team where they know how to play with each other and know what skills each of them bring to the table. As far as proving myself as a coach, that is not why I am into coaching. I am not one who has to prove myself to others, I just believe in myself and what I am doing and make sure that my girls are having fun playing the game and learning skills that will help them become successful adults. In my playing days I had to prove to people that I could play and when I was done playing I was glad, I had stopped playing for myself, I was playing for others. I will be **** if I am going to do that as a coach. I don't care about my wins/loss record when I am done or what people think about my coaching. I want these kids to enjoy being young, playing a "game" and being part of a team. That is what I care about, not proving myself to you, or any other nameless person who has something to say about my team!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:I can honestly say I have not been approach(ed) about any situation. There has never been any discussion about me leaving the girls team. Just people saying that was what I was going to do, pretty much like now! It will be a busy off season for us this year, but that is what I like about coaching, doesn't bother me to work hard. As far as it being easy to coach talent, yes it is easy in some respect but like Coach Runyon told me after the Paintsville game, you have to have that talent in the right places so that they can use their skills to the best of their abilities. You also have to mold them into a team where they know how to play with each other and know what skills each of them bring to the table. As far as proving myself as a coach, that is not why I am into coaching. I am not one who has to prove myself to others, I just believe in myself and what I am doing and make sure that my girls are having fun playing the game and learning skills that will help them become successful adults. In my playing days I had to prove to people that I could play and when I was done playing I was glad, I had stopped playing for myself, I was playing for others. I will be **** if I am going to do that as a coach. I don't care about my wins/loss record when I am done or what people think about my coaching. I want these kids to enjoy being young, playing a "game" and being part of a team. That is what I care about, not proving myself to you, or any other nameless person who has something to say about my team!

All coaches should have this attitude

and to Faith. you know so much speak up what do you know. your aparently to scared to post your name and what you know your just a wanna be starter. this is suppose to be about AMANDA not VANHOOSE! your pathetic
Okay, I have edited posts, deleted posts, and have read and re-read this thread. Please put it back on topic as Coach VanHoose has already spoken as to the situtation he was brought into on here by a poster. DO NOT POST rumored information and if you wish to start a thread on Phelps, do so.

KEEP THIS ON TOPIC!!!!

Final Warning

Faith Wrote:Where is the coach that was there before Amanda?

Before Coach Stiltner was Mark Gannon, he resigned to become administrator of Belfry's Freshman Academy.
phs1986 Wrote:What makes you think the bolded, highlighted "new" coach status will happen here??
AND are you talking just girls?

Also, I heard today that Rick Mounts will be the coach at BHS for the girls next season.

Rick Mounts...huh???
good luck coach collins in the future!! GOOD LUCK LADY PIRATES!!
Amen!!! Well said.
Good luck to Coach Stiltner in the future. She dealt with losses due to graduation, transfers, and injuries this season. With only one senior and a chance to heal up the Lady Pirates could have a very good year next year.

This is a great opportunity for the Principal to make a good hire and really get the program pointed back in the right direction. However, I don't have any confidence in him to do that. He will likely make a "good ole boy in-house hire" just to get the position filled. I honestly don't think he cares about basketball-boys or girls and puts very little support behind girls sports at BHS. If this were a football coaching position it would be a whole diffent story..................

Just out of curiousity, I wonder how many female coaches are on staff at Belfry? Does anyone know?
Momma Madea Wrote:Good luck to Coach Stiltner in the future. She dealt with losses due to graduation, transfers, and injuries this season. With only one senior and a chance to heal up the Lady Pirates could have a very good year next year.

This is a great opportunity for the Principal to make a good hire and really get the program pointed back in the right direction. However, I don't have any confidence in him to do that. He will likely make a "good ole boy in-house hire" just to get the position filled. I honestly don't think he cares about basketball-boys or girls and puts very little support behind girls sports at BHS. If this were a football coaching position it would be a whole diffent story..................

Just out of curiousity, I wonder how many female coaches are on staff at Belfry? Does anyone know?

He has hired an in house good ole boy, and that good ole boy kept a female on his staff...
ImagineThat! Wrote:PHS1986, you are correct. Rick Mounts will be the next BHS Girls' Basketball coach. He announced it to the girls Wednesday or Thursday.

Stiltner reported to the girls "Family Reasons" for resigning, but IMO she was forced out. Unless my sources are incorrect, this is the first season since BHS has had girls' basketball that they have not reached the regional tournament. The fact that she had trouble last year, two girls transfer, two girls sit out and the trouble that she had this year led administration to make a move, IMO.

whatever. thats totally not true. & i honestly cant blame her for doin that. i wouldnt have stayed w/ them as long as she did. to much negative attitude mosty from the older players.
good luck to her, she is a great person
ajismyhero Wrote:whatever. thats totally not true. & i honestly cant blame her for doin that. i wouldnt have stayed w/ them as long as she did. to much negative attitude mosty from the older players.

What older players? BHS had one senior and zero juniors this past season.

During Stiltner's first season at BHS, it was "wait until the seniors (Moon, Robinette and Trout)leave, thier attitudes are horrible".

The next year, it was "Deskins, Pruitt and Staten's attitudes are horrible, next year will be different."

This past season, Deskins, Pruitt and Staten are not there and there were still problems. Pruitt and Whitt transfer; Staten and Thacker do not play; many of next year's returning players (and parents) stated that they would not play for her.

Now, you tell me. What is the common denominator here?
ImagineThat! Wrote:What older players? BHS had one senior and zero juniors this past season.

During Stiltner's first season at BHS, it was "wait until the seniors (Moon, Robinette and Trout)leave, thier attitudes are horrible".

The next year, it was "Deskins, Pruitt and Staten's attitudes are horrible, next year will be different."

This past season, Deskins, Pruitt and Staten are not there and there were still problems. Pruitt and Whitt transfer; Staten and Thacker do not play; many of next year's returning players (and parents) stated that they would not play for her.

Now, you tell me. What is the common denominator here?

well its not only the older players. actually if you want the truth it was mostly 2 certain players.....& YOU defineltly know who i'm talkin about.!
but they have horrible attitudes, one quits then decides to come back when its right for her, then one convientley injures herself.!

but watever, you just postin these stupid things cause u dont like caoch stiltner. && whatever thats fine, i oculd rlly care less if u do or not. but dont blame her for all the drama that was caused by the 2 girls, who honestly didnt even deserve to be on the team.
BULL CRAP!!!! she is NOT a coach. How many girls quit or tranfered in the last 3 years since she been coach! Every year it was blamed on one or two girls. Watch next year and see what a team Belfry will have, stop blaming the girls and put the blame were it goes on the COACH
The only people that didn't want to see Stiltner go were the other 15th Region teams! This coaching change was like getting rid of Gillispie and getting Calipari. :moon:
:lmao: :lmao:
bigsis22 Wrote:The only people that didn't want to see Stiltner go were the other 15th Region teams! This coaching change was like getting rid of Gillispie and getting Calipari. :moon:
AMEN
ajismyhero Wrote:well its not only the older players. actually if you want the truth it was mostly 2 certain players.....& YOU defineltly know who i'm talkin about.!
but they have horrible attitudes, one quits then decides to come back when its right for her, then one convientley injures herself.!

but watever, you just postin these stupid things cause u dont like caoch stiltner. && whatever thats fine, i oculd rlly care less if u do or not. but dont blame her for all the drama that was caused by the 2 girls, who honestly didnt even deserve to be on the team.

You forgot to put "April Fool's" at the end of your post!
ajismyhero Wrote:well its not only the older players. actually if you want the truth it was mostly 2 certain players.....& YOU defineltly know who i'm talkin about.!

Do Not try to make this a personal issue. I do not like her coaching, she is/was not the right person for that job. Like Mitch Barnhart said about Gillispie, Stiltner was not "the right fit". It has nothing to do with her personally. As for the two girls you refer to, come back at the end of next season and let's see what you have to say. I guess those two girls you're referring to are the reason Pruitt and Whitt transferred....the reason Staten and Thacker did not play. Come on now!
ImagineThat! Wrote:Do Not try to make this a personal issue. I do not like her coaching, she is/was not the right person for that job. Like Mitch Barnhart said about Gillispie, Stiltner was not "the right fit". It has nothing to do with her personally. As for the two girls you refer to, come back at the end of next season and let's see what you have to say. I guess those two girls you're referring to are the reason Pruitt and Whitt transferred....the reason Staten and Thacker did not play. Come on now!

well i think its clear why Pruitt & Whitt transferred, & you cant blame that one on her. & i dont rlly care why the other 2 didnt play, thats not the point. it might have been her fault. but as far as the 2 girls you are talkin about, im sorry but they will probally find an excuse to quit next year too if they dont get their way again. thats whats wrong w/ that team. no matter WHO coaches it! seriously, get a life!
ajismyhero Wrote:well i think its clear why Pruitt & Whitt transferred, & you cant blame that one on her. & i dont rlly care why the other 2 didnt play, thats not the point. it might have been her fault. but as far as the 2 girls you are talkin about, im sorry but they will probally find an excuse to quit next year too if they dont get their way again. thats whats wrong w/ that team. no matter WHO coaches it! seriously, get a life!

Yeah we do know the reason Pruitt & Whitt transfered.....BECAUSE OF THE COACH!! That's the reason the other girls' didn't play either... just ask them they will tell you...You know it's bad when you have people in the community go to the principal and tell him they need to get rid of her...believe me people actually did this, and it's people that has nothing to do with girls basketball.....as far as the 2 girls your talking about they have played sports their whole lives and have put up with alot and they have never quit at anything.....until this year.... and they both love basketball, so for one of them to quit, it had to be pretty bad...and she wouldn't have came back then if she didn't have people telling her to stick it out this year because Stiltner would be gone next year.....she didn't want to let a bad coach ruin her basketball career...this will be a totally different team next year they will actually like the game again....
ajismyhero Wrote:well i think its clear why Pruitt & Whitt transferred, & you cant blame that one on her. & i dont rlly care why the other 2 didnt play, thats not the point. it might have been her fault. but as far as the 2 girls you are talkin about, im sorry but they will probally find an excuse to quit next year too if they dont get their way again. thats whats wrong w/ that team. no matter WHO coaches it! seriously, get a life!

You need to go back and do some research Belfry was one of the top teams in the 15th region when Stiltner took it over.It has went down hill the last three years.Other coachs has coached these girls NEVER had any problem with them . Then have never QUIT ANYTHING so stop blaming them. And how do you know that one was not hurt are you a doctor? I'm sure their parents will let you see their medical records. If you where at any games you would see what everyone is talking about, Stiltner COULD NOT coach pee wee because shes NOT A COACH. And as for the two girls not getting their way what in the world are you talking aboutall they want was to be on a team that someone knew just alittle of what they where doing. Ask anyone in the Belfry area and they will tell you the same thing so don't blame it on two girls come on GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well.... I think this one has ran it's course....

CLOSED!