Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite High School Gym
BigEastZebra Wrote:Owensboro has a new Gym. Pulaski County's is nice, and for an old style gym Casey County.

forgot about Pulaski they do have a nice gym :Thumbs:
Harlan County has by far the best Gym or Arena i should say!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:Harlan County has by far the best Gym or Arena i should say!!

I have never been.
I'd love to check it out.
I heard it was epic.
^It looks like they play Buckhorn this year.
I may roll up for that one.
14TH REGION!!!!
What about Sportsplex???
I know it's not technically a "highschool gym".. but still a nice facility.
Ballers Wrote:What about Sportsplex???
I know it's not technically a "highschool gym".. but still a nice facility.

I wouldn't count it.
A lot of courts....
not a lot of seats lol
Expo Center is a very nice facility, the 15th regional tourament is has been held there the like couple of years.
zaga_fan Wrote:I have never been.
I'd love to check it out.
I heard it was epic.

It is awesome, it's like the high school version of Rupp Arena!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Arena at Montgomery County
Aslan Wrote:Of course I'm going to say Perry's. A lot of good times there.
But I also like, Valley's, Hazards, SC, Lex Cath.
I've never been to the fieldhouse.

Agree with all but Hazard. My comments here are basicly concerned with the post season tournaments.
I know, I know...Memorial has a lot of history and tradition, blah, blah, blah!!! It also has NO Parking, a steep hill to climb for whoever isn't fortunate enough to find parking around the gym, ancient dressing rooms with poor sewage drainage (unless it's been fixed), and the number 1 negative---it seats only about 2200 fans, and that might be stretching it. You might could scrouge another 200 around the rails for standing room, but that's about it. In a nutshell Hazard Memorial has inadequate parking and does not even come close to seating capacity to be able to hold a regional tournament.

Now, with that said, it's not a terrible place to play for a season game because the above mentioned negatives don't come into play, mainly because the crowds aren't that large...unless it's a Hazard-Perry Central game, but since they don't schedule anymore I guess that's not happening unless it's post season.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Agree with all but Hazard. My comments here are basicly concerned with the post season tournaments.
I know, I know...Memorial has a lot of history and tradition, blah, blah, blah!!! It also has NO Parking, a steep hill to climb for whoever isn't fortunate enough to find parking around the gym, ancient dressing rooms with poor sewage drainage (unless it's been fixed), and the number 1 negative---it seats only about 2200 fans, and that might be stretching it. You might could scrouge another 200 around the rails for standing room, but that's about it. In a nutshell Hazard Memorial has inadequate parking and does not even come close to seating capacity to be able to hold a regional tournament.

Now, with that said, it's not a terrible place to play for a season game because the above mentioned negatives don't come into play, mainly because the crowds aren't that large...unless it's a Hazard-Perry Central game, but since they don't schedule anymore I guess that's not happening unless it's post season.

Lucky me...I have some friends that live next door to the place.
So I can park at their place and walk down.
Unluck me....they have a lot of friends that like HS basketball as much as me lol
Breathitt has a nice place.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Knott Central
leecoukfan Wrote:It is awesome, it's like the high school version of Rupp Arena!

It would be nice if there is anyone that has pictures of Harlan County's gym if they could post them on here because I had some but I can't find them.:please:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Okay, I am obviously a little bias but I love my ole school's gym. The Shelby Valley Sports Complex is in my opinion, one of the best in the region and I would like to think it is one of the best in the mountains. It means a lot to look up at the rafters and see all of the history attached to the school (kind of like going to Belfy for football). Those banners are just way too impressive to not included in the gyms appeal.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
leecoukfan Wrote:It is awesome, it's like the high school version of Rupp Arena!

I finally got a picture of Harlan County's gym, Courtesy of Mama Bear!

[Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e213/kyhen165/gym.jpg]

But I do have to say it does look MUCH bigger in person!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
leecoukfan Wrote:I finally got a picture of Harlan County's gym, Courtesy of Mama Bear!

Looks very small. How much does it seat?
aslan Wrote:looks very small. How much does it seat?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aslan Wrote:Looks very small. How much does it seat?

leecoukfan Wrote:3670

And thats not including all the standing room available on the upper level
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dang that is a pretty good size for a high school gym. It looks really nice.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It looks a little bit like Perry County Central's gym. I think PCC's gym seats around 4500, so it is quite a bit larger than Harlan County's. But they still resemble a whole lot.
It's far from the newest, but no other gym is a actual land mark like my choice! Howard Field House, home of Betsy Layne...or as it is more commonly know, THE DOME!
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:It looks a little bit like Perry County Central's gym. I think PCC's gym seats around 4500, so it is quite a bit larger than Harlan County's. But they still resemble a whole lot.

Yeah I know but the weird thing is that I have been to both gyms and the Harlan County Gym looks twice as big as PCC's gym!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Of course, Harlan County, hands down. It's absolutely beautiful. I do have to say I love Hazard's gym, the history there is amazing.
BEAR Facts Wrote:Of course, Harlan County, hands down. It's absolutely beautiful. I do have to say I love Hazard's gym, the history there is amazing.

Ah it looks really small and I agree, the history at Hazard's gym makes for a great atmosphere.
Mason County
The Greenhouse used to get mighty hot when the General patroled the sidelines.
Hazard's Memorial Gym.
leecoukfan Wrote:I finally got a picture of Harlan County's gym, Courtesy of Mama Bear!

I like it, looks really nice. I'd like to go catch and game here and see how nice it really is. Thanks for showing the pic bro.
magoffin county has a really nice gym