Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
top players in the 16th region and favorites for player of the year
The article was written by Ashland's Mark Maynard. I would also agree with Skip Pass that this looks like a solid ten. Happy to see Fraley and Wheeler get some respect. Congrats to Farris for being chosen pre-season player of the 16th region.
FrankenMonkey Wrote:You Ashlanders are great at self promotion. It's a good thing that the coaches pick the POY. Hey heres a novel idea, start promoting both Farris and Robinson for Miss Basketball candidates. Bottom line is that Taylor Wheeler is the best athlete in the region with Farris a close second. Fraley has improved her game a great deal and to say she is not top ten????

So lets hear it Ashland Nation who is Bradley's starting five going be....

I agree that Fraley is probably top 5 in region, I disagree Taylor Wheeler is a good athlete but Farris is by far better all-round athlete, I believe she is a two time all-state track also. As far as Miss basketball neither is in that high of level for that consideration.

ashland starters

robinson
gambill/slone
farris
heaberlin
cullop
ncis Wrote:Cats pause top ten
Farris
Day
Gambill
Gee
Fraley
Lacks
Duff
Haeberlin
Wheeler
Gross
Lewis County never gets any respect in that garbage. Taylor Frye is one of the most talented guards in the region.
Don't know how Gambill could not start, best three point shooter in region. My five would be Farris, Gambill, Haeberlin, cullop, ,,,,,,,,,slone or Robinson
I agree ncis, how could you not start gambill. I would go with Farris, Heaberlin, Gambill, Cullop and Slone. This would leave freshman superstar Robinson to come off the bench as 6th man. This would allow her to get more mature and stronger to play against 18 year old women.
Spongebob Wrote:I agree ncis, how could you not start gambill. I would go with Farris, Heaberlin, Gambill, Cullop and Slone. This would leave freshman superstar Robinson to come off the bench as 6th man. This would allow her to get more mature and stronger to play against 18 year old women.

I also agree with Spongebob and NCIS - No way does Ashland not start Gambill.
16th Lion Wrote:the top players from the 16th region according to Rick Bolus in alphabetical order
Duff- Rowan
Farris- Ashland
Moore- Boyd
Robinson- Ashland

Rick Bolus and the Yankees...both wrong.....great!
Spongebob Wrote:I agree ncis, how could you not start gambill. I would go with Farris, Heaberlin, Gambill, Cullop and Slone. This would leave freshman superstar Robinson to come off the bench as 6th man. This would allow her to get more mature and stronger to play against 18 year old women.

Who runs point? Where is Jones? She ran point last year and they were region runner up. Why would Bradley change a line up that was fine to begin with.
ncis Wrote:Yes fraley played well in post season, but no where near top player in region. She is good and will get better but she is going to have a rough few years unless boyd gets some help. Plus, she had 4 seniors that other teams were worried about gaurding. Playing good last 4 games of year does not make you top player in region. Please don't take me wrong, she is a good player but let's see how she does this year

BINGO ! Same goes for the Robinson girl

:worthy:
[quote=dei227]BINGO ! Same goes for the Robinson girl

Don't understand what your talking about
Bombshell Stomp Wrote:Who runs point? Where is Jones? She ran point last year and they were region runner up. Why would Bradley change a line up that was fine to begin with.

Slone and Robinson were running the point throughout the summer.
I think Jones has been moved to the 4.
As to why the change I can only speculate and give my opinion. The biggest thing that hurts Jones is her defense, she has to get better defensively. Another reason would be turnovers, I'm pretty sure she led the team in turnovers and that is not what you want from your PG. Just my opinion.
dei227 Wrote:BINGO ! Same goes for the Robinson girl

:worthy:

I agree dei, I'm taking a wait and see attitude before I'm ready to say Robinson and Fraley are top 10 players in the region. Lets see how they do this season. I know both are really good and that their future is bright.
Anyone that thinks Farris is not the best and most important player for the Kittens is very wrong. She will dictate how far this team goes this year, point blank, no doubt about it. And Gambill has to start, why wouldn't a coach have one of the better outside shooters and most experienced players coming off the bench? Bradley knows what he is doing, and hopefully this is the year that he gets the Kittens to state.
Brooke Gee is not a top ten player, even in this weaker region. She was the second or third best player on a team that couldn't hardly win a game the past two years.
Demurrer

Expunge

Juvenile
Coach Bradley will go with the same starting 5 as he did last year.
I like Farris of Ashland for POY
16th Region Wrote:Coach Bradley will go with the same starting 5 as he did last year.

I think Bradley is as loyal to his players as a coach can be, but I'm not sure if he even knows who will start for the Kittens this year. Its going to be extremely competitive between Oct 15 and opening game. Bradley will start the players that give his team the best chance of winning, regardless of whether the players did or did not start last year.
Farris may be Pres-Season POY but who knows what will happen and what will determine POY at the end of the season.
blessed Wrote:I agree that Fraley is probably top 5 in region, I disagree Taylor Wheeler is a good athlete but Farris is by far better all-round athlete, I believe she is a two time all-state track also. As far as Miss basketball neither is in that high of level for that consideration.

ashland starters

robinson
gambill/slone
farris
heaberlin
cullop

My opinion on starting 5 for ashland this season

Gambill is a very good shooter I will not disagree but from what I have seen for the summer league games I have watched the younger girls(Robinson,Slone) have really stepped up their game and Gambill seems to be struggling to find her shot. Gambill struggles on defense and rebounding and the other girls have better all round game.
Gambill will start for shooting ability,,bradly won't bench her just because she missed shots in summer ball.
Farris will start because of athletic ability
Haeberlin will start for inside game
Cullop will start for toughness and defense
Slone or robinson either for defense and point

Awesome 6,7,8 man
ncis Wrote:Gambill will start for shooting ability,,bradly won't bench her just because she missed shots in summer ball.
Farris will start because of athletic ability
Haeberlin will start for inside game
Cullop will start for toughness and defense
Slone or robinson either for defense and point

Awesome 6,7,8 man

Interesting analysis. I watched both of the mixed and matched Kitten Teams in the Aries League and you may be slightly off on your starting five.
I believe Gambill was All-Area last year. Never heard of an All-Area player not starting the next season. Heaberlin and farris were All-Area as well.
Bradley will start Gambill
blessed Wrote:I agree that Fraley is probably top 5 in region, I disagree Taylor Wheeler is a good athlete but Farris is by far better all-round athlete, I believe she is a two time all-state track also. As far as Miss basketball neither is in that high of level for that consideration.

ashland starters

robinson
gambill/slone
farris
heaberlin
cullop

Farris is a really good athlete. Not saying she wasn't 2 time All State in Track but I find that difficult to believe that someone that good would quit their best sport. Can you validate any of this. Once again before you Ashlanders go haywire, I'm not saying she wasnt just never seen it in the Daily Chronciles of Ashland formerly known as the ADI.
FrankenMonkey Wrote:Farris is a really good athlete. Not saying she wasn't 2 time All State in Track but I find that difficult to believe that someone that good would quit their best sport. Can you validate any of this. Once again before you Ashlanders go haywire, I'm not saying she wasnt just never seen it in the Daily Chronciles of Ashland formerly known as the ADI.

Farris was all-state in track her Sophomore year (I don't know about her Freshman year). She did not participate in track as a Junior.
It's a new year so you never know who's who as far as top 10 I think all these girls have an opportunity to be, but I do believe Farris will be player of the year and Ashland will make it to Diddle this year. Go Cats
Skip Pass Wrote:Farris was all-state in track her Sophomore year (I don't know about her Freshman year). She did not participate in track as a Junior.

1st Team?
2nd Team?

Class AA?
Class AAA?
bluegrass nation Wrote:It's a new year so you never know who's who as far as top 10 I think all these girls have an opportunity to be, but I do believe Farris will be player of the year and Ashland will make it to Diddle this year. Go Cats

Farris has improved over this summer no doubt but the real basketball player for the Kittens is by far Robinson. Wait and see, she will break some ankles. My question to all the posters of any region is, "What determines POY?" and does it have to go to a senior?
Ashland Diomedes Wrote:Farris has improved over this summer no doubt but the real basketball player for the Kittens is by far Robinson. Wait and see, she will break some ankles. My question to all the posters of any region is, "What determines POY?" and does it have to go to a senior?

No doubt Robinson is a good player with alot of upside but is to young to start praising. She did get a alot of playing time at the end of last year, and she didn't look great in the Aries league games I saw. Think it will be a toss up between Slone and Robinson for point position. I would give nod to Slone for experience and strenght, Robinson still will have her time to shine the next three years.