Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Possible Recruiting clinic for 14th coaches.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Lets give PCC the Humanitarian/Good Citizenship Award for their unselfishness and goodwill. They are bringing players in not for their own benefit, but for the GOOD of the REGION. There is a special place for wonderful, unselfish, kind-hearted people like that. :flush:

Thxs, Much Deserve!!!!! Lol
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Lets give PCC the Humanitarian/Good Citizenship Award for their unselfishness and goodwill. They are bringing players in not for their own benefit, but for the GOOD of the REGION. There is a special place for wonderful, unselfish, kind-hearted people like that. :flush:

:1:
Im sure there is a few other schools in the 14th that are more deserving. lol
ballstar Wrote:Im sure there is a few other schools in the 14th that are more deserving. lol

CORDIA?????????? lol i mean they are trying to brang 7 players to the region in one year lol
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I don't see where it is any worse for a kid to move to a southeast Ky school from Texas than it would be for them to move from one southeast Ky school to another southeast Ky school. A move is a move. It's happened in the mountains since basketball became a sanctioned state high school sport in the 1920's. In the modern era I suppose the boundaries have expanded outside the Commonwealth's borders. Where they move from is irrelevant. A recruit is a recruit (if that indeed is what the move was for, it's not always for that reason, of course) whether they move from Bell County to Hazard or from Texas to Hazard. If a kid is talked into moving, or a parent giving a job to get the kid, it's all the same.
Heck, I'm still trying to figure out how Stephen Sizemore scored 12 points for Breathitt against Wolfe County on one Friday night back in the late '90's, and then played and scored for the Hazard Bulldogs in a game the next Friday night, and never moved from Breathitt County. If that was legal then the KHSAA needs to revise some transfer rules asap.

And what is the difference in what is going on in the mountains than what has happened in Jefferson County for a long time: Open Enrollment. Jefferson County has over 600,000 population. And they have school districts just like all counties. But in Jefferson a kid can enroll at any public school he wished to attend (if he/she is accepted, and most talented athletes would be) if they enroll straight out of middle school. In many cases some of the best middle school talent accumulate at the same Jefferson County schools when they get to high school. That's why you see the same group of schools always dominating in basketball. And 600,000 people living in a county makes for a lot of middle schoolers getting ready to move on to the next level. I was told that they were thinking about changing their rules to require a decision where they attend high school by the end of their 7th grade, that once they enter 8th grade they are locked into that particular middle school's feeder system. That would help a little. But Open Enrollment really gives some schools a big advantage in Jefferson, and makes an unbalanced situation imo.

Transfers is not getting out of hand, it has been out of hand since the beginning. I suppose it is easier now though, in the age of twitter and facebook, than it was in the 1930's. In that regard it is now more widespread and has crossed state borders.

Stephen Sizemore was in the 8th grade when he came to Hazard. You establish eligibility starting your 9th grade or freshman year.
ballstar Wrote:Strain at swallowing a gnat but u can swallow a camel(i think thats how the saying goes, LOL). Its no different at all, just the location they come from. No punt intended but PCC didnt need to 1 up Cordia. They were most likely the best team this yr without this new kid. I just think its good for the region. Im happy to have them.

Are they 4th and 20 backed up against their own goal line??
kai Wrote:you are correct, local district could impose this on their district alone however because khsaa does not govern middle school could not be done statewide. If school district are smart they will never let khsaa have any authority over middle schools. The KHSAA enforcement of the transfer rules are hit an miss at best, more selective enforcement than any uniform following of their own rules.

You have nailed it in your last sentence. This has always been a problem with the KHSAA imo. It's who you are and who you know....or how big you are and how much influence you have. The little guys get hammered with rule enforcement to try to send a message to the big guys.
I really feel sorry for kids like Trevor Kelly for instance at PCC. He has worked tremendously hard to improve. Now with the big new transfer for NY, he will be in a reserve roll. All that HARD WORK stuff some of these guys preach is starting to be a crock. I know the principal is ok with this at PCC but how would he feel if his kid was a JR or SR and someone came down here and just took his sons spot? Yeah I know everyone says practice practice practice but NOBODY around here is better than Jaysean Paige, I dont care how long they practice. Hard situation for some kids to be in. But some kids like Braxton Beverly will prosper from this. So will Huff, Cornett, and Combs. But that 5th guy has lost his spot to Jaysean.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:You have nailed it in your last sentence. This has always been a problem with the KHSAA imo. It's who you are and who you know....or how big you are and how much influence you have. The little guys get hammered with rule enforcement to try to send a message to the big guys.

^agree. Its just really hard to prove recruiting especially when a kid make a REAL change of residence. As for the bold im not sure. I really dont know the behind the scenes stuff. Ive always heard that kids can get eligible if they go to certain schools though. Dont know if this is true!! but i have heard it b4.
BlueGold1 Wrote:Stephen Sizemore was in the 8th grade when he came to Hazard. You establish eligibility starting your 9th grade or freshman year.
I suppose it was within the guidelines and the kid did what he was allowed to do, but imo there need to be some stricter rules on something like that happening. The KHSAA doesn't regulate middle schools but they do have the power to say what grade level one needs to be in to play high school varsity. Simply pass a rule that in order to play varsity basketball the student/athlete must be in 9th grade. Problem solved. I think it is already that way in football and wrestling. Also takes care of most of the redshirting issue. Why redshirt if you're only going to play 4 years of high school anyway. Then we would no longer have 15 year old 7th graders playing high school varsity ball and graduating just shy of their 20th birthday.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I suppose it was within the guidelines and the kid did what he was allowed to do, but imo there need to be some stricter rules on something like that happening. The KHSAA doesn't regulate middle schools but they do have the power to say what grade level one needs to be in to play high school varsity. Simply pass a rule that in order to play varsity basketball the student/athlete must be in 9th grade. Problem solved. I think it is already that way in football and wrestling. Also takes care of most of the redshirting issue. Why redshirt if you're only going to play 4 years of high school anyway. Then we would no longer have 15 year old 7th graders playing high school varsity ball and graduating just shy of their 20th birthday.

If ur 15 in the 7th grade u arent eligible to play KY hs bball!! I think the rule is that u cant turn 16 b4 august 1st of ur freshman yr. Not sure about that but i think im right.
If ur talking about holdbacks in gradeschool there is a middleschool forum for that.
kai Wrote:you are correct, local district could impose this on their district alone however because khsaa does not govern middle school could not be done statewide. If school district are smart they will never let khsaa have any authority over middle schools. The KHSAA enforcement of the transfer rules are hit an miss at best, more selective enforcement than any uniform following of their own rules.

Your are exactly right. Selective enforcement is right on target.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I really feel sorry for kids like Trevor Kelly for instance at PCC. He has worked tremendously hard to improve. Now with the big new transfer for NY, he will be in a reserve roll. All that HARD WORK stuff some of these guys preach is starting to be a crock. I know the principal is ok with this at PCC but how would he feel if his kid was a JR or SR and someone came down here and just took his sons spot? Yeah I know everyone says practice practice practice but NOBODY around here is better than Jaysean Paige, I dont care how long they practice. Hard situation for some kids to be in. But some kids like Braxton Beverly will prosper from this. So will Huff, Cornett, and Combs. But that 5th guy has lost his spot to Jaysean.

Not disagreeing with you but Jaysean didn't get as good as he is by walking the streets in NY. Id say this kid lived in the gym. That's what kids around here need to realize. Ball isn't a god given talent.
If ur 15 in the 7th grade u arent eligible to play KY hs bball!! I think the rule is that u cant turn 16 b4 august 1st of ur freshman yr. Not sure about that but i think im right.

Believe the rule is you can't be 19 on Aug. 1 and participate that year. You can turn 19 after Aug. 1 and play that year. So, once you hit 19 then you can't play the next school year. If you start HS at 16(birthday before Aug. 1), you will lose your sr year. I think this is correct.
^thxs.
Beautifully. We would be honored to accept this award :Sad04:
KHSAA12 Wrote:Not disagreeing with you but Jaysean didn't get as good as he is by walking the streets in NY. Id say this kid lived in the gym. That's what kids around here need to realize. Ball isn't a god given talent.

:Thumbs:
KHSAA12 Wrote:Not disagreeing with you but Jaysean didn't get as good as he is by walking the streets in NY. Id say this kid lived in the gym. That's what kids around here need to realize. Ball isn't a god given talent.

Unless your name is Lebron and you live in Miami
ballstar Wrote:If ur talking about holdbacks in gradeschool there is a middleschool forum for that.
If a middle school kid is playing high school basketball then that makes the discussion high school forum material too.
ANEWPAT Wrote:I say send the kids back where they came from. Let our mountain boys fight it out with mountain boys. Let our kids get the attention and the scholarships from what ever school they may come from. If the transfers are so great they should be able to get their D1 offers by playing for their own local schools instead of coming here and taking way from our kids. Besides, by recruiting these boys the coaches are saying two things. One, our kids here are not good enough and don't deserve to play ball. Two, they can't coach well enough to build a team. Solution, they go out of state and steal someone else's talent and throw our kids to the curb.

Ohhh, they can't coach well enough to build a team, huh? I am pretty sure they didn't have any recruits last year, and they beat your A*S, actually beat you right out of a nice little trip to Rupp Arena...hahahahahahahah...please get over it and let the freaking kids play...geez why does it always have to be about the parents???
OrangenowBlue Wrote:There has been rumors spreading that a recruiting clinic for 14th region coaches is in the works. It is to help the lowly schools that try to compete with homegrown talent developed through their feeder programs, get into the 21st Century. Developing talent is a thing of the past. Recruiting is all the rave. A RUMORED tentative line-up has been discussed, but nothing is set in stone. It is suppose to cover both boys and girls basketball coaches.

(All speakers listed are just rumored, nothing factual)

On the Boys Side:

Keynote Speaker: John Calipari discussing recruiting at the collegiate level in Big Blue Nation and fighting to keep them off probation.

Other possible speakers and their topics:

Roderick Rhodes: How to get kids from the hoods to the backwoods.

Allan Hatcher: How recruiting can be a father/son bonding experience.

Randy Napier: How to take your neighbors talent when your feeder programs has gone to the dogs.

It is rumored that a lifetime achievement award is being presented to Hazard High School. It is titled "Sixty years of successful recruiting and still going strong".

It is rumored that training sessions will include such topics as:

1. How to skirt KHSAA rules through deception and/or political connections.

2. How to get your picture made with the big hunk, Julian Tackett.

3. Job Search - Using and finding jobs for possible recruits parents.

4. Foreign Exchange - How to establish a foreign exchange program overnight.

5. F to an A - How to turn a failing student into an honor student in 24 hours.

6. Physical Education Nation - Rumored that unnamed Representatives from the Breathitt County school district will discuss how you can have poor athletes attend 5 to 6 PE classes a day and keep their GPA up and graduate. This is tentative depending if school officials can be released from house arrest.

Ok ONB, I will first of all give you credit, this post is hilarious...on the other hand though, pot meet kettle once again! Isn't it quite convenient that you can point the finger at all these other schools, but just so happen to forget to mention YOUR lovely KCC Patriots??? Let's not forget all those JBS kids that fell outta the sky to KCC's program...I am pretty sure they none came from Knott County's feeder program, ok so I am positive they didn't,lol. Ohh, let me guess it was due to all that "turmoil" at JBS...yeah yeah call it whatever you want, it's no different. But, on a more personal note with you...how bout that Justice kid........well we won't even go there will we??

Look, I really don't care who plays where...I am just excited to watch some competitive basketball. My overall point is just to show everyone that it happens at EVERY school. I don't really care if it is within the same county, region or whatever, it's ALL THE SAME! However, I do find it funny that PCC was the LAST one to receive a new kid on the roster, yet they are the ones getting most of the heat on here. I am sure Coach Hatcher just thought that the first rule for the 2011-2012 season was you had to add a new kid to your roster, I mean what else was he supposed to think,lol...everyone else was doing it.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:If a middle school kid is playing high school basketball then that makes the discussion high school forum material too.

Guess ur right. didnt think about that. lol
hoopaholic Wrote:Ohhh, they can't coach well enough to build a team, huh? I am pretty sure they didn't have any recruits last year, and they beat your A*S, actually beat you right out of a nice little trip to Rupp Arena...hahahahahahahah...please get over it and let the freaking kids play...geez why does it always have to be about the parents???

1. I am not a parent! 2. I am not from Knott County. I am Perry County. My name on here is anewpat because of the reason I first created my account. Meaning I was going to become a new pat. 3. Hatcher's coaching did not beat KCC's *ss last year. KCC's unbelievable bad luck with all the injuries beat their *ss. With one starter out because of the technical the night before, and three players playing with severe injuries, PCC beat them by something like 3 points. Really wouldn't brag about that one. 4. I actually posted on here that it is my opinion that PCC will repeat this year, and I posted that before they got Jaysean Paige.
hoopaholic Wrote:Ok ONB, I will first of all give you credit, this post is hilarious...on the other hand though, pot meet kettle once again! Isn't it quite convenient that you can point the finger at all these other schools, but just so happen to forget to mention YOUR lovely KCC Patriots??? Let's not forget all those JBS kids that fell outta the sky to KCC's program...I am pretty sure they none came from Knott County's feeder program, ok so I am positive they didn't,lol. Ohh, let me guess it was due to all that "turmoil" at JBS...yeah yeah call it whatever you want, it's no different. But, on a more personal note with you...how bout that Justice kid........well we won't even go there will we??

Look, I really don't care who plays where...I am just excited to watch some competitive basketball. My overall point is just to show everyone that it happens at EVERY school. I don't really care if it is within the same county, region or whatever, it's ALL THE SAME! However, I do find it funny that PCC was the LAST one to receive a new kid on the roster, yet they are the ones getting most of the heat on here. I am sure Coach Hatcher just thought that the first rule for the 2011-2012 season was you had to add a new kid to your roster, I mean what else was he supposed to think,lol...everyone else was doing it.

To be a hoopaholic you sure have a severe lack of knowledge about a few things. It doesn't take a person with great intellect, and to be honest, most people who rode the short bus to school can easily figure out I am not from Knott County or a Knott County fan. If you actually think that Perry Central has been given a harder time then Cordia, then I think you are severely misguided. I have great respect for Coach Hatcher as he rarely needs or uses transfers. However, this situation does appear suspicious in nature due to the information that has circulated. I love the logic that he had no other alternative to do because everyone else was. This is the same logic that drug abusers use when they are arrested, "everyone else was doing it so it makes it alright".
Since Tate Cox transferred about 4 years ago, the PCC faithful have been continually whining about and beating the JBS deadhorse in regards to Knott Central for which most of the JBS players players have lived in Knott County most of their lives with the exception of the Collins twins. Some have also questioned Cordia about recruiting(which I have also). Then when you question them about a player coming from New York under suspicious circumstances or them having 5 transfers on their girls team in two seasons, they get highly offended.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I have great respect for Coach Hatcher as he rarely needs or uses transfers. However, this situation does appear suspicious in nature due to the information that has circulated. .

Just wanted to go on the record saying that my previous comment about last years regional championship game does not mean that I do not respect Hatcher as a coach. I do. His record speaks for itself. I do stand by the comment though that his coaching abilities were not what got him that particular regional title. I don't think anyone would say that having those three guys healthy and Adams in the game would not have made at least a 3 point difference in KCC's game.

As for the recruiting comments, the vast majority of my comments are directly at Cordia. Go back through my posts, I didn't have as big a problem about any of it until I was told to read what was being posted by these kids on facebook. Here is why the Cordia situation is different for me. Rhodes was sitting there in Texas, and for what ever reason he decided that he was going to find him some high school ball players to coach. He found these kids who had talent but just happened to be at schools where the players were so good that these boys were only considered average. He decided that if he moved them to some small school in Kentucky where the talent is so down they will look like NBA stars in comparison and it would make them look even better than they are. He then applied for every open position in the state of Kentucky. Why did he pick Kentucky? My guess is because he thought we were so stupid that we wouldn't figure out what he was up to. Or, maybe it's because he knew that he could get the KHSAA commissioner to approve their eligibility. Why did he pick Cordia? Because those poor people are so hungry for a regional title that as long as he promises them one, they are going to let him do what ever he wants to. He took the job and put his players in place. Then, they all started openly bragging about it all. I guess you can say, he didn't recruit players as much as he just hand pick him a basketball team and then recruited himself a school that would let them play.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Okay....I just received a private message correcting me. Not sure if this is true, but it is what I was just told. Davis and Adams both transferred to KCC at the beginning of their Freshman year. The only player on the KCC team that played any high school basketball for any school other than KCC after becoming a Freshman is Justice. Justice transferred to KCC because his father was hired to help coach. That being said, I am sure that they have recruited boys. Every school has. But KCC nor any other local school has recruited from out of state like is going on this year. And, absolutley no other local school has recruited them and entire basketball team in one season.

Justice is an incoming Freshman; therefore he is allowed to go where he wants.
Doctor J Wrote:Justice is an incoming Freshman; therefore he is allowed to go where he wants.

That is correct, but rarely mentioned.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Just wanted to go on the record saying that my previous comment about last years regional championship game does not mean that I do not respect Hatcher as a coach. I do. His record speaks for itself. I do stand by the comment though that his coaching abilities were not what got him that particular regional title. I don't think anyone would say that having those three guys healthy and Adams in the game would not have made at least a 3 point difference in KCC's game.

As for the recruiting comments, the vast majority of my comments are directly at Cordia. Go back through my posts, I didn't have as big a problem about any of it until I was told to read what was being posted by these kids on facebook. Here is why the Cordia situation is different for me. Rhodes was sitting there in Texas, and for what ever reason he decided that he was going to find him some high school ball players to coach. He found these kids who had talent but just happened to be at schools where the players were so good that these boys were only considered average. He decided that if he moved them to some small school in Kentucky where the talent is so down they will look like NBA stars in comparison and it would make them look even better than they are. He then applied for every open position in the state of Kentucky. Why did he pick Kentucky? My guess is because he thought we were so stupid that we wouldn't figure out what he was up to. Or, maybe it's because he knew that he could get the KHSAA commissioner to approve their eligibility. Why did he pick Cordia? Because those poor people are so hungry for a regional title that as long as he promises them one, they are going to let him do what ever he wants to. He took the job and put his players in place. Then, they all started openly bragging about it all. I guess you can say, he didn't recruit players as much as he just hand pick him a basketball team and then recruited himself a school that would let them play.

LMAO..Please tell me this is your opinion about the whole rhodes situation, because if your trying to stat a fact your completely wrong. 1. rhodes is from jersey bro not texas. 2. Transfers came with their father not rhodes. 3. He applied for two other coaching positions besides cordia. 4. Why he picked Kentucky is because unless you haven't realized ball is a big tradition down here and he played 2 years at uk. I know u don't know Rhodes personally, but trust me man he don't look down on anyone for being born and raised here. And he didn't even know the comissioner until this year so i know he didnt think he could get one over on him when he didn't even know the man. If your upset with this whole thing ok but damn dude rhodes ant bad guy, he treats everyone around with respect and you can tell he really cares about those boys.