Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malik Hines (Cordia) ruled ineligible
They should know what their talking about but you never know. The lions should be alright while the others are out.
Hope this kid gets eligible. Would love to see him and Johnson go at it!
I don't think Johnson wants any part of Hines, lol.
Ballers Wrote:I don't think Johnson wants any part of Hines, lol.

I agree :Cheerlead
Ballers Wrote:I don't think Johnson wants any part of Hines, lol.

Watch out what you wish for guys. I watch PCC beat Cordia easily this summer w/ Hines. JJ will hold his own against ANYONE and you can bet on that. You guys kill me w/ this talk. Justice, Johnson and Beverly can hold their own against anyone. Need to get out of EKY and watch them n EYBL.
You also probably didn't know that Malik just had a cast taken off for a broken elbow and probably hadn't touched a ball in about four months. He was a shell of himself when he first arrivedin ky.
KHSAA12 Wrote:You also probably didn't know that Malik just had a cast taken off for a broken elbow and probably hadn't touched a ball in about four months. He was a shell of himself when he first arrivedin ky.

I've asked this question several times but no one can seem to answer it: If Hines is as good as y'all say and is eligible and is a qualifier then why ain't the BIG offers coming in? Yall keep saying OSU offered him but it was NEVER verified. Why aint UK, UL and the others right here not jumped on him. Seems like yall are very smart bball guys and should know that the signing season has came and gone. Especially when you talking about a player of the caliber y'all are saying Hines is!! You guys get on here and try to make these transfers that Cordia has out to be the next Kobe. Time will tell how good he is and how much better he is than he was this summer. I truly hope he gets eligible because I hate to see a kid sit. I will never change the way I feel about that! I will say this though, I just don't think you will put anybody on the floor that the 3 kids I said can't hold their own against.
yawn...
The first crop of Cordia kids were supposed to be something special and none of them were really that good.

Hudson is a nice player but to be honest he is probably a better football player than a basketball player.

Owootoah was alright but he still wasn't any better of a high school guard than any of the top guards around here.

Why will these kids be any different?
May be a little more special because they are frigging 6'8 and 6'9. Just sayin.
zaga_fan Wrote:The first crop of Cordia kids were supposed to be something special and none of them were really that good.

Hudson is a nice player but to be honest he is probably a better football player than a basketball player.

Owootoah was alright but he still wasn't any better of a high school guard than any of the top guards around here.

Why will these kids be any different?

Well zaga think about it. First year don't even make out of district. Second year lose a close game for district championship and go to final four of region and lose by only two to the team highly favored to go to state. If they move forward like they have the last two years then they should go out of here with bigger players at every position and more depth. I'm just sayin that's one way to look at it since Rhodes has been here.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Well zaga think about it. First year don't even make out of district. Second year lose a close game for district championship and go to final four of region and lose by only two to the team highly favored to go to state. If they move forward like they have the last two years then they should go out of here with bigger players at every position and more depth. I'm just sayin that's one way to look at it since Rhodes has been here.

I agree w/ you on this. Lets be real here, Cordia should have the best team in the region IF all kids are eligible. Not because they have the best players but because they will have 9/10 solid players w/ a couple of those being very good. You have never heard me down Rod for his recruiting service he runs and I've always wanted the kids to b eligible because I hate to see kids have to sit. The problem I have is the way Rod goes about things here n EKY. Example: Ky Elite Shootout guy pays Cordia $1000 to drive 9 miles for a scrimmage because they know the Lions will bring a lot of fans from Lotts Creek. He gets to the gym and acts like a complete jackass, puts his team back on the bus and DEMANDS his $1000 in cash b4 he plays the game. So, The guy pays him and what does he do, sit all his eligible players on the freakn bench. He had already told everyone on Lotts Creek not to come because he wasnt gonna show his hand. I lost all respect for him that day and you would have to if you would have seen the way he acted. 22ft, Hunt Prep and all the other coaches got paid after their games and were a class act about it all. I love the ex-UK players as much as anyone but no reason at all to come off that way to ppl here that have done nothing but supported him. I couldn't blame any team that's on his schedule to just call at about 5pm on game day and simply cancel. It is what it is!!!
Lol cool story bro.
Sounds like I'd never invite Cordia back to PCC. I must admit, I
didn't like watching their JV team play even though I thought the
big 8th grader is a nice prospect for Cordia. Rod you should of let your
eligible players play. Rod should of paid KY Elite for the invite. Cordia has
won nothing. Didn't really belong at PCC. Knott Central would of
been better considering all their players were there any way.
Very cool story that I was an EYE witness to Bro!
Rod Rhodes had a reason for doing what he did and it was a good reason. If you new the type of person that was putting this thing on you would be smart to do the same. What blows things like this way out of proportion are these jokes tha pcc has in charge like Neal feltner who has a hatred for cordia and cordia has been nothing but good to him. They gave him and education and put him through college and he is un grateful. Give him a little time and he will be out at perry co he will hang himself same ol Neal hahaha.
Might be right about Feltner, I don't really know him that good. I do know the person that put this event on and I thought he did I terrific job. I don't see you or anyone else for that matter pulling this event off w/out throwing out about $25,000. This guy has more respect around prep school coaches and college coaches than you might think. Regardless what you think about the guy that held the event, Rod agreed on the terms and didn't follow through w/ his end of the deal. If he didn't like the guy why play, no one begged Cordia to play n this. This event would have been ALOT better had he put someone in Cordia's place that took it serious. Every game that night kept score but his game. He MADE the score keeper start over at zero. Lol, kinda weird from a school that has done more recruiting than the National Guard. He first says he wants to play Hunt Prep and finds out they already have a game then says he will play 22ft Acad because he wants to play a prep school. The director of the event gets that schedule then he backs out 3/4 days b4 the event so then PCC has to play 22ft. Then acts the way he did about money after they accommodated his every need. No sympathy here, it is what it is!
He played he eligible players. Cunningham was on a visit to Harvard. Felix n fritz are eligible for the season nothing before besides tonights game against pville. Frimpong will play. jj played aj played. He played who was eligible. No sense in breaking rules.
Lol, no sense in breaking rules!!!!! Lol, lol. I seriously can't believe that you just said that. The AD from your Cordia said their was 3 kids on the bench eligible but didn't play. I think he would know b4 anyone else would.
Malik hines Richard Chapman and Josh Ortiz aree the three not eligible and couldn't play. Felix became eligible Nov.20. A year to date that he had sat out for ball. Four days after the panorama at pcc. Fritz will be eligible Dec.3. A year to date that he had sat out. Tell me the other three players names. Cause I'm calling bullshit.
Congrats to Fritz and Felix on their eligibility. When is the appeal date for the remaining three?
Should know Dec11 if they will be eligible off the appeal.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Should know Dec11 if they will be eligible off the appeal.

You are correct.
I've read several ohio state recruiting reports and have saw nothing of him going there or being offered by them so what's the story on that
Buford T Justice Wrote:Rod Rhodes had a reason for doing what he did and it was a good reason. If you new the type of person that was putting this thing on you would be smart to do the same. What blows things like this way out of proportion are these jokes tha pcc has in charge like Neal feltner who has a hatred for cordia and cordia has been nothing but good to him. They gave him and education and put him through college and he is un grateful. Give him a little time and he will be out at perry co he will hang himself same ol Neal hahaha.

I don't know too many that would be find if Cordia after an exit like Feltner had.

Honeycutt had a similar one and I bet he shares the same sentiments.