•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central coaching search
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I still can't get over that they are having LL soccer during the fall.

Criminal is what that is.

Communist sport.

Agreed, it's a huge pain in the ass to have to deal with splitting the field with them. But honestly what makes more money? K-12 kickball in a whole season doesn't pull a quarter of the revenue that 5 home high school football games will. Hopefully the PCBOE will realize that and make a good hire.
What I cant figure out is why they just didnt give the old football field to the soccer team. Why share a field when you have 2? I think the fieldhouse at the new field should of been much much bigger so the football team could of lifted and done everything up there but it is what it is.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I still can't get over that they are having LL soccer during the fall.

Criminal is what that is.

Communist sport.
They don't have LL soccer in the fall, they are playing right now on the field about 3 nights a week and someone is practicing on it the other 4, but in the Fall, during football season, it is also High school soccer season, and that is state mandated so that is when it has to be. I agree they should of given the old field to the soccer team, then they would of had their own field with locker rooms, storage, weights, etc., was just a no brainer.
I look for Kyle Moore from Breathitt to be the new coach
Perry is going to have a good group of offensive lineman coming back this year. Three of them played as freshman. Confusederiously:
doresfanatic Wrote:Perry is going to have a good group of offensive lineman coming back this year. Three of them played as freshman. Confusederiously:

This is true, they also have a very good crop of 8th graders moving up this year as well, there's plenty of talent waiting for the next coach.
Gonna be tough on any coach at PCC to fill Justin Haddix's shoes. Haddix had a very good thing going here. Kids absolutely loved him and so did the fans. I hope they get someone in here that can get all the kids to stay. Have heard some are going with Blue and Gold next year.
I'd say some will go blue/gold, some might even go red/grey.... Never know
They may just change the new coaches colors from blue and gold to red and black.
This season will be interesting for pcc
Heard Holcomb has accepted the job... Just a rumor tho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Why would hazards coach go from great chance to win state to a zero chance.
former Wrote:Why would hazards coach go from great chance to win state to a zero chance.

Hazard's coach is Mark Dixon.

He's talking about Letcher Central head coach and former Breathitt County head coach, Mike Holcomb.
ekff Wrote:Heard Holcomb has accepted the job... Just a rumor tho

This would not surprise me a great deal. I just thought Chapman for sure,I believe he would jump at the chance and do a great job.
Strikeout King Wrote:Hazard's coach is Mark Dixon.

He's talking about Letcher Central head coach and former Breathitt County head coach, Mike Holcomb.

They mentioned blue and gold, isn't that hazards colors
Dixon turned the job down yesterday, so that is not going to happen. Halcomb is being courted now and the deal is trying to be made with him and hopefully Chapman too by the end of the week. Also a third coach "Beader" (sp) maybe is also being talked to as another assistant coach. Looks like they are bringing in 3 good names to replace Haddix. I know he was good but dang, needing 3 to replace him, that doesn't say a lot for the assistants that are left at the school. That is probably why they didn't even consider them as coaches in the first place.
Who else will they throw on the line with Austin Caudill, Jeremy Woolum, and Donnie noble?
Wall4president Wrote:Dixon turned the job down yesterday, so that is not going to happen. Halcomb is being courted now and the deal is trying to be made with him and hopefully Chapman too by the end of the week. Also a third coach "Beader" (sp) maybe is also being talked to as another assistant coach. Looks like they are bringing in 3 good names to replace Haddix. I know he was good but dang, needing 3 to replace him, that doesn't say a lot for the assistants that are left at the school. That is probably why they didn't even consider them as coaches in the first place.

Joe Beder, good coach, be glad to have him. There were only a few assistants left, they simply just need a few more coaches. Really no need to insult the ones still there, they are very good coaches and very capable.
Joe Beder is a topnotch guy in my books. :popcorn:
Just ready to see who the coach will be. imo I think Perry will go out of their way to get coach mike Holcomb, and john Paul Chapman. IMO
I don't see halcomb and chapman getting joe beder if they get anyone it will be hollon
IMO. Perry coaching staff will be Head Coach: Mike Holcomb, Defensive Coordinator: John Paul Chapman, Offense Line Coach: Jeff Norman, Defensive Line: David Jones, Linebackers and safety: Gene Smith. This is my opinion. :Holcomb will be offense coordinator, and work with the backs and receivers
Who else do you think they will put on the line with the three freshman. Soon to be sophomores? Jeremy Woolum, Austin Caudill, and Donnie Noble
^^^Why would Hollan leave a HC job for an assistant job at PCC?
former Wrote:They mentioned blue and gold, isn't that hazards colors

We're talking about two different people/teams. Sorry for the mishap
Can someone with any knowledge of the situation say why Holcomb's name keeps pooping up for all of these jobs? I mean I know the plan is for him to stay retired for the rest of the year and return in the Fall at Letcher Central but where there is smoke there is at least some kind of fire and his name has come up A LOT in all of these jobs that have come open.
I don't see the situation at PCC being drastically better for Chapman than it is at Pike County Central, in my opinion.
Only two paid assistants on the staff. Way understaffed. Could retain everyone and stlll be at reasonable number of coaches. Coaches other than head coach have to be hired anyway in other words. Really no reflection on current staff one way or anther
Holcomb and Chapman both may want to get closer to home. Chapman isnt far from retirement either from what I have heard. Them two together will help Perrys program a ton. Perrys assistant coaches are good coaches from what I hear from reliable sources. I really do hope Perry can get a good coach so we can beat their brains out in a couple years. Realy miss the Black Gold Bowl at beating the Commoders.
How old was the assistant coach?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Joe Beder, good coach, be glad to have him. There were only a few assistants left, they simply just need a few more coaches. Really no need to insult the ones still there, they are very good coaches and very capable.
It wasn't meant as an insult, if I were the coaches left, I would be insulted by the school trying to bring in more than just a head coach, why bring in more assistants too? That was what I was getting at. Coach Jones, Norman, Combs, Willis all should be insulted.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next