Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region tournament
Wreakit Wrote:If anyone thinks Corbin will beat Clay then I take all bets. Weather u want to realize or not it's Williamsburg. They went deep in football but it's dang class A. My gosh it shows how weak this region Is when anyone thinks Clay will not win

Seems like if everyone thought Clay would win that would show how weak the region is! Clay will probably have to beat the 4th 3rd and 2nd best RANKED teams, by the "experts". So if they do that they deserve to be region champs.
CC does not have A player as good as Andrew Taylor he is really good, and Hopper is just almost as good as Andrew. Clay CO. Fans just watch.
Wreakit Wrote:If anyone thinks Corbin will beat Clay then I take all bets. Weather u want to realize or not it's Williamsburg. They went deep in football but it's dang class A. My gosh it shows how weak this region Is when anyone thinks Clay will not win

This guy would have to go at least 5 years to get a degree from Corbin High "weather" you believe it or not. Williamsburg's class A football team would have put a running clock on your tigers before the first quarter was over if they played last year.
footballfever Wrote:Seems like if everyone thought Clay would win that would show how weak the region is! Clay will probably have to beat the 4th 3rd and 2nd best RANKED teams, by the "experts". So if they do that they deserve to be region champs.

1 game at a time-:flame:
topnotch Wrote:CC does not have A player as good as Andrew Taylor he is really good, and Hopper is just almost as good as Andrew. Clay CO. Fans just watch.

Smith, Wolfe ,Farmer, House, Sexton

ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar
Just a thought...Set the 13th Region up like the Ryder Cup in golf...CC against everyone else...Might be competetive...
:kneel:
topnotch Wrote:CC does not have A player as good as Andrew Taylor he is really good, and Hopper is just almost as good as Andrew. Clay CO. Fans just watch.

Taylor is a nice player , but to say that kid is om the same level as Smith shows 1. That u have either not seen Smith play, 2. That u know nothing about basketball, 3 you are an idiot like BrokenArrow said, or 4. All of the above.

But this game will not come down and tournament will not come down to Taylor or Smith, it's a team game and while Smith is a stud he is all about winning as are all of clays players that's why they will be cutting down the nets. Nobody cares who does what as long as the W column gets checked.

WOW, that's all there is to say. If you say it enough I guess you will eventually believe it is true yourself. Help is available out there.
I will say this....and this will be my last post until after the game.....if the officals let the kids play (like they did last year at the regional tourny).......Blake Smith can shut down any of the opposing teams best player......and not only that he can drop 20-30 on the opposing teams best player......so if anyone thinks Taylor or Hopper is better than him they don't know basketball.......and I really really hope that it is Clay and Williamsburg in the finals because I'm afraid it could be just like last years semifinal game....and we all know what happened there so I won't go into details.
I really hope the officials are a non-factor in this tournament!! ALL the kids have worked so hard, and they ALL deserve the opportunity.
JMO Clay will have A real problem with Taylor, and Hopper. What was the score last year, they beat Corbin by----- I don't know, but I do know that Corbin is A much better team than last year.
I do believe it will be A great game, I will admit that CC does have the tradition and ability to upset Corbin, but I think coach P is aware of that, should be one of the best match ups of the Tourney.
topnotch Wrote:I do believe it will be A great game, I will admit that CC does have the tradition and ability to upset Corbin, but I think coach P is aware of that, should be one of the best match ups of the Tourney.

I am aware that your posts are fully intended to get a reaction from the Clay County fans, but even suggesting that a Clay win would be an upset shoots what little credibility you had to pieces. I will say that you are good at what you do!
I guess I will say in the end Clay will be the 13th region champs
He wants Corbin to be a good team so it will appear Williamsburg is a great team because they beat Corbin. They do the same in football. They will be playing a team that hasn't won a game and say it will be a tough game. Same old story for that crew.
He kinda reminds me of a hemorrhoid, they aggravate u just enough to let u know that they are there but are rarely worth the trouble of getting rid of them.
Does anyone know what region refs the 13th has this year?
10th, I think.

Smith is one of the best players in the region.If Smith gets the assignment of guarding Taylor,he could be in for a sombering night.
You see kids who have a great game that impresses you; like Zak did the other night against Bell. But Smith is one that has impressed me every single time I've seen him play. Does he ever have an off night??
Not all Williamsburg fans think that Corbin is that good like Topnotch thinks. I think CC will crush them by 20-30 points and that wouldn't surprise me at all. And there's no way Andrew or Hopper from Corbin are better then Smith and Farmer not even close. Now maybe when Andrew when hes a senior but that's a different story. Also the last game Williamsburg played Corbin in should have been a big blow out if they wouldn't have started subbing way down in the second quarter of the game it would have been. Once they did that it seems liked they all relaxed and Corbin made a little Jump on them but it was never really in question what the out come was going to be.
I will tell you this one of the posters is A assistant coach at CC.
topnotch Wrote:I will tell you this one of the posters is A assistant coach at CC.

I apologize I made A mistake. No harm intended
Game day!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't flood or cover the roads with ice before game time!!

Be safe everyone.
Flash154 Wrote:He wants Corbin to be a good team so it will appear Williamsburg is a great team because they beat Corbin. They do the same in football. They will be playing a team that hasn't won a game and say it will be a tough game. Same old story for that crew.
Topnotch supports his team and has the courage to do it even though you and others may not like what he says...Flash 312 at least he's got the balls to man up publicly on this site and name his team, you need to decide if you are Jack or Jill...
Clay is the favorite and should win this region, they have a good coach and the best 5 starters IMO...But anything can happen on a given night in a tourney...
Watched Corbin play 3 times this year. Taylor is a nice player. Just watched Smith shut down Frazier from OBI in Dist. Tourney. Smith is the best defensive player I've seen this year and not to shabby on Off. either. Clay wins by 10+ Just remember this is
tourney play and things get tight. 10 in Tourney is like 15 to 17 in regular season.
walterwhite Wrote:I am aware that your posts are fully intended to get a reaction from the Clay County fans, but even suggesting that a Clay win would be an upset shoots what little credibility you had to pieces. I will say that you are good at what you do!

He might be a williamsburg fan just trying to stir up some trouble.:devilflam Everyone knows that clay county is a heavy favorite.
Smith wont guard taylor except on occasion. Taylor drives to the basket alot and would get smith in foul trouble and that would be bad for clay county.
If Taylor gets going,Smith will be guarding him and he won't get in much foul trouble as most think.He has had tough defensive assignments on great shooters,those that penetrate,and good ball handlers.He is intelligent enough to guard without committing silly fouls.
Heisenberg Effect Wrote:If Taylor gets going,Smith will be guarding him and he won't get in much foul trouble as most think.He has had tough defensive assignments on great shooters,those that penetrate,and good ball handlers.He is intelligent enough to guard without committing silly fouls.

To add to this...I think some players, after a couple of attempts, become less aggressive attacking him and settle for contested jumpers...Frazier was a good example of that. After a few trip he turned into a passer and pick setter, But GREAT defenders do that to people.