•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County Football 2007
Batpuff Wrote:Well biz thats how much you really know now isnt it. For the last 6 years the Belfry game has always been one of the best games in the area. They wasnt even blown out this year. Belfry didnt take control until midway through the 4th qtr. You can even ask any Belfry fan that when it comes to our games you just dont count the dawgs out. I think Russell will not be as strong this year either but thats just IMO.
Year before last if we would have got that 2 point conversion we would have won and the first year they won the state it went right down to the final horn.When we beat them 50-6 at Belfry, Gerad Parkers senior year I knew that might never happen again and we should really really enjoy this because like i just said,,this probably will never happen again.
Sports Nut Wrote:I thought you were a true Bulldog fan, I question that now????????
Way to get that sick out and start stiring!!!!!!:dontthink
I played on the first LCHS team in 78 and not hardly missed a game since and while getting a haircut in downtown Louisa that is what was being talked about.I ask on here.You all act like even saying something like that might give one of our players an idea.You need to respect your elders pal or look me up and talk to me face to face ask anybody they know who I am and I am very loyal to all our players and asking a question about a player leaving coming from ME IS not stiring.Im sorry if Im being harse but LC fans need to toughen up or stay away.I wrote letters and still will for any players who want to go to college.ask Dontae who contacted Miami of Ohio first.Ask Mike west who wrote to Marshall 100 days in a row.Ask Todd Isacc who got him tied in with Thomas More.Im all for helping any player not hurting them Sports Nut.What have u done other than falsely accusing another fan?
Sports Nut Wrote:Go to the All other sports site and read Bat Puffs report he found on the out break of HERPIES in wrestling and you will see why I disagree that everyone should be made to wrestle not only can herpies be spread but staph can easly be transmitted I think the sport is NASTY!!! Have year around weight lifting we do at LC.Just my opinion!!!!
Sports nut they shouldnt be made to do anything but if there not willing to either wrestle or play basketball or just flat out hit the weights they dont even need to bother coming out.How many games have we lost in the last 4 years where we were close at half only to get blown away.We need to be in better shape than we have been the last four years.We need a group of boys who would dedicate their selves year around to just football.Our kids do that for basketball and baseball.I Knew our fans took our winning so many games in the 90,s for granted, but I dont they realize what it takes to get back to that level.This message board will not affect the team in any way.I wish the players never got on here.
Old school Dawg Wrote:You have got to be kidding or maybe your 5 or 6 years old.Dont have a chance?Sounds like Mike Tyson before he fought Buster Douglas.I am one who thinks Sheldon Clark is getting ready to have some of the best teams in the history of that school.If they have any players who think the way you are Black and Gold they will be a big disappointment.Anybody can get beat.Sheldon Clarks coach would jump out of his shoes if he ever hears a player make such an stupid statement.Dont get mad at me Black and gold but you learn from this and never say a team is going to win and you now this for sure.:ChairHit:

i knew we was going to beat belfry and we did.
Black and gold you guys had the best middle school team around who are some of the players on that team to watch out for.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Black and gold you guys had the best middle school team around who are some of the players on that team to watch out for.

im not for sure but we will see in a few weeks when spring football starts
They beat Johnson central and central was very very good.You all did lose JJ Jude to central and that could haunt you,,what do u think?
A sheldon Clark fan called Black and Gold,,,explain the black and gold.
Old school Dawg Wrote:They beat Johnson central and central was very very good.You all did lose JJ Jude to central and that could haunt you,,what do u think?

i think it will but they wont make a big impact on the team for a few years dials and kelly will lead the team again this year.
Dials and Kelly will probably run for over 3000 yards next year if they stay healthy.
I thought this was a Lawrence County thread?????????
It is a Lawrence Co thread so lets get back on topic of Lawrence Co. Football.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:It is a Lawrence Co thread so lets get back on topic of Lawrence Co. Football.

Sounds good to me. I need to run by the football field and see how many boys are in there lifting and busting their tail already. Batpuff, LC going to be doing any camps this year and where will they practice at during the spring?
I wish there WAS SOME NEWS.Im disappointed at the low number of boys lifting.Expections are high but workout numbers are a disappointment.I hope baseball doesnt take away too many of our players.Guys I dont think you all realize how much work needs to get done to get back to the level Lawrence County football had reached.The last season where we played at times to that level was the 7-3 team led by James storts,Kyle Barnett,Short.That was a class alot of us believed had a chance at winning the state.That team got stunned by an early loss to Belfry, but of course Belfry went on to win the 2a state championship that year.The year we lost in the semi-final to Bourbon County, by a Jason Michael led team,I still believe we had the best team in the state.The team led by Nick Meadows had the biggest win in the history of the school over undefeated Breathith county and the biggest crowd to ever watch a sporting event in the county.The Gerad Parker led team ran into a buzz saw in Highlands.We scored 34 or 35 but could not stop them as they rolled up 70 points against us and that was in some peoples eyes the greatest team In LCHS history.I thought it was amazing that Parker led the state in receiving and we threw about 1 pass every ten plays but we also had Lawrence countys best back ever,,Michael west.Our offensive line on that team was far superior to our o-line the last four seasons for sure.Our linebacker play needs to improve drastically.Cody roberts is a good player to led a linebacker core.Defensive tackles need to make more plays for negative yardage.We have the players coming up that could take us to that level again but if they dont totally dedicate themselves to the football program we will stay just an average team.Back to the basics,,smash mouth football with a team that leans on its defense when things get tough!!I think we have some exciting football laying ahead myself but its not a guarantee.
In the times I went by the weight room there were around twenty.Now that might just be the days I checked them.Low numbers on snow days too and that is understandable but we have to be there in big numbers every day.Are there kids who need rides?We need to be willing to give rides to kids who live way out in the county.I myself get off of work at 5 and would love to give any kid or kids rides to their homes.For lifting to make a difference they need to be lifting no later than the middle of March and that is really late.They need to get our bigger kids running a whole lot more than we have been too.
Guys the number arent really down we have an avg. of about 40 kids that lift everyday. yes we have some that are playing other sports. The total number of kids that have came out to play football over the last couple of years are just down. Its from the Youth League all the way up to the High School. Kids these days are more worried bout there video games then getting out and doing anything that they have to put an effort into it. Even if we only have a total number of 40 kids on team that is what we have to win with and we will have to get the most out of them. So no matter how many we have lets just support the ones that are coming out and giving it there all. Go DAWGS !!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
easternkysportsguru Wrote:Sounds good to me. I need to run by the football field and see how many boys are in there lifting and busting their tail already. Batpuff, LC going to be doing any camps this year and where will they practice at during the spring?

It should be at the high school field. As far as camps not to sure right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Guys the number arent really down we have an avg. of about 40 kids that lift everyday. yes we have some that are playing other sports. The total number of kids that have came out to play football over the last couple of years are just down. Its from the Youth League all the way up to the High School. Kids these days are more worried bout there video games then getting out and doing anything that they have to put an effort into it. Even if we only have a total number of 40 kids on team that is what we have to win with and we will have to get the most out of them. So no matter how many we have lets just support the ones that are coming out and giving it there all. Go DAWGS !!!!!
Good post!!good number 40
Lawrence co needs to get in shape!!
Yea we have to find away to get them in better game time shape.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think spring ball starts Monday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:I think spring ball starts Monday.
From what I was told it does start Monday and it's mostly going to be
conditioning and play learning . They might not even have any contact but if I know billy I'm sure they will mix it up some I know the boys is wanting to they got 15 days to get in 10 days of practice and the weather is suppose to be pretty nice next week . The 07 season is here lets get behind this team and make it like the days of old GO DAWGS>
Not havong contact in the spring is okay with my way of seeing things.I would hate to lose someone to a knee or something.What we do from December till July far far outweighs spring ball.LC went for 100 years without spring practice so its not something that has helped us in the past.But to get to know the offense and the conditioning its got to help so spring practice has to be a plus.
I am sure they will have some contact and they may or may not have a red black game. They wanted to in the past and really not sure if they did last year or not. Cant wait will be there with bells on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes its here we start spring ball today!!!! I know we will have some kids that will play alot next year that wont be here because of baseball and track. We will get a good look at what we have coming back next year and it should be fun.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How are they doing with their spring ball
They had 40+ out the first day . It was so dang windy it was hard to work on everything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:They had 40+ out the first day . It was so dang windy it was hard to work on everything.

I will be up there today at 4.
It will be 4:30 before
i get there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:It will be 4:30 before
i get there.

My father and I are planning on getting there at 4. Look for us if you can buddyBig Grin
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next