•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Tomcats @ Belfry Pirates 11-22-2019
Ole Kentucky Wrote:I like Ashland’s chances against Belfry. They have played a couple of team better than Belfry that play a similar style of offense. I think it has prepared them for this game. If we play offensively like we did today we should pull this one out. Ashland 21-14

And besides maybe Spring Valley, that would be who? All of the brutal 1A schools they have played?

Belfry with a running clock!!
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I can tell you from just the little bit of film that I’ve watched on your pirates that Ashland has played four teams that are better that Belfry this year. Wheelersburg, Ironton, GW and Spring Valley would all beat the Pirates this year. Russell, in my opinion, would’ve also gave Belfry all they wanted. Belfry has played only one good team (Johnson Central) in almost two months and was destroyed on their home field, so spare is with the upcoming chest pounding.
Although I am not totally sold on Pikeville, CalPreps has them rated #10 in all classes in the state of Kentucky (i.e., above Ashland). I think that Pikeville definitely qualifies as a good team - at least as good as the two little schools on your list of good teams - and Belfry lost a very close game to the Panthers while playing without their best running back.
AngryMob Wrote:Going to play the smart bet. Belfry wins 1-0, Ashland forfeits.

They is basically what they have done for years, isn't it?

Cluck!! Cluck!! Cluck!!
nekysportsfan Wrote:I’ll go ahead throw out the disclaimer for Bob Seger who is sure to show up in this thread talking about how great Johnson Central is and how terrible Ashland is...we know, Bob...please just worry about your mighty Eagles trying to win state, something they’ve amazingly only been able to do once during their recent run of “dominance”.

Hmmm, Seger "on the road again" in your head?

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
nekysportsfan Wrote:It is enjoyable debating this with you rather than Bob Seger. At least I don't feel like you are just getting ready to post "cluck cluck" and something about some poster who used to post a decade ago named "Bad Cat" or the "Prideful One".

I agree that Matney has done a tremendous job at Johnson Central. I attended many of those Ashland-Johnson Central games over the years, though, and a layman fan could see who was going to win simply by looking at the teams in warmups. Johnson Central has consistently fielded lines that look like small college lines. Matney has done a great job with them, but it is much easier to do a great job when you are working with 6-6 300lb athletes as opposed to working with 6-2 220lb athletes.

It just seems to me that Johnson Central should start focusing on putting some state title trophies in their hallways rather than constantly dwelling on how they have lapped the competition here in Eastern Kentucky including Ashland. In the past decade, they have proven to consistently be far better than Ashland. Move on now and win some state titles. Be better than everyone. I hope they can manage to do so this season. I think it's good and rather amazing that any team from Eastern Kentucky can be better than the rest of the state in anything given the economy in our area.
Thank you Sporty, perhaps my highest compliment ever. I love you equally, as well.
Me and a couple of friends were discussing at our game last night which route would be the best way to get to Belfry from Ashland. Most agree that traveling south on 23 to 119 would be the better roads but the phone gps is showing the quicker route is getting on 52 in Ceredo and traveling south. Can any of the Belfry fans help? I figured it would be less traffic coming in from the Pikeville side than it would the Williamson side , with the enormous amount of traffic coming to the game from West Virginia. Any help is appreciated Belfry fans.
nekysportsfan Wrote:It is enjoyable debating this with you rather than Bob Seger. At least I don't feel like you are just getting ready to post "cluck cluck" and something about some poster who used to post a decade ago named "Bad Cat" or the "Prideful One".

I agree that Matney has done a tremendous job at Johnson Central. I attended many of those Ashland-Johnson Central games over the years, though, and a layman fan could see who was going to win simply by looking at the teams in warmups. Johnson Central has consistently fielded lines that look like small college lines. Matney has done a great job with them, but it is much easier to do a great job when you are working with 6-6 300lb athletes as opposed to working with 6-2 220lb athletes.

It just seems to me that Johnson Central should start focusing on putting some state title trophies in their hallways rather than constantly dwelling on how they have lapped the competition here in Eastern Kentucky including Ashland. In the past decade, they have proven to consistently be far better than Ashland. Move on now and win some state titles. Be better than everyone. I hope they can manage to do so this season. I think it's good and rather amazing that any team from Eastern Kentucky can be better than the rest of the state in anything given the economy in our area.

And perhaps ASH-land should worry more about putting a team on the field that they are not scared to death to play a good team with..Of course the likes of T-CATS, The Prideful One and "Newcomer of the Year", Ole Yellar could not puff them big ole chests out and proclaim that "this is the year" after a steady schedule diet of mediocre 1A schools.

Cluck!! Cluck!! Cluck!!
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Me and a couple of friends were discussing at our game last night which route would be the best way to get to Belfry from Ashland. Most agree that traveling south on 23 to 119 would be the better roads but the phone gps is showing the quicker route is getting on 52 in Ceredo and traveling south. Can any of the Belfry fans help? I figured it would be less traffic coming in from the Pikeville side than it would the Williamson side , with the enormous amount of traffic coming to the game from West Virginia. Any help is appreciated Belfry fans.

There you see what happens when you don't play someone for decades because you are scared to death of them? Must have been before you were born the last time ASH-land had the kahunas to play Belfry.

I'd say that you all have permanently blocked out how to find your way to Paintsville too.

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

Cluck!! Cluck!! Cluck!!
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Me and a couple of friends were discussing at our game last night which route would be the best way to get to Belfry from Ashland. Most agree that traveling south on 23 to 119 would be the better roads but the phone gps is showing the quicker route is getting on 52 in Ceredo and traveling south. Can any of the Belfry fans help? I figured it would be less traffic coming in from the Pikeville side than it would the Williamson side , with the enormous amount of traffic coming to the game from West Virginia. Any help is appreciated Belfry fans.

I see. I'd say that NotsoBADCAT, T-CHICKEN, Sporty, and Ole Yellar are pretty much the Cluckered sum of that statement. Ya'll been confused and bewildered for years.
I would have answered that question but like you always do threw that true TomcatPride comment in it so for you stay on 23 because to many turns would definitely get you screwed up
[quote=Tomcat Pride]Me and a couple of friends were discussing at our game last night which route would be the best way to get to Belfry from Ashland. Most agree that traveling south on 23 to 119 would be the better roads but the phone gps is showing the quicker route is getting on 52 in Ceredo and traveling south. Can any of the Belfry fans help? I figured it would be less traffic coming in from the Pikeville side than it would the Williamson side , with the enormous amount of traffic coming to the game from West Virginia. Any help is appreciated.

I’m sure Belfry fans would be more then happy to help with directions, if not for the last jab in your post. The best direction would be 23 south to 292 through Martin Co. enjoy the ride! The motion sickness should be nice and settled in by the time you arrive. Plus you can avoid Johnson Co. totally. May be a Loss hung on the kitty cats just driving through there.
Patriot1 Wrote:I would have answered that question but like you always do threw that true TomcatPride comment in it so for you stay on 23 because to many turns would definitely get you screwed up

Shoot Patriot, you aint going see that bunch of Cluckers come anywhere near Pikeville either.

I suspect they'll come from a more comfortable direction as they go by a couple of next years potential opponents ,Tolsia and Tug Valley.

Cluck!! Cluck!! Cluck!!
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I can tell you from just the little bit of film that I’ve watched on your pirates that Ashland has played four teams that are better that Belfry this year. Wheelersburg, Ironton, GW and Spring Valley would all beat the Pirates this year. Russell, in my opinion, would’ve also gave Belfry all they wanted. Belfry has played only one good team (Johnson Central) in almost two months and was destroyed on their home field, so spare is with the upcoming chest pounding.

Now here you go with that almighty knowledge of yours. Spring Valley maybe but the other 3 I don’t think so. Now like you I have opinion too
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:[quote=Tomcat Pride]Me and a couple of friends were discussing at our game last night which route would be the best way to get to Belfry from Ashland. Most agree that traveling south on 23 to 119 would be the better roads but the phone gps is showing the quicker route is getting on 52 in Ceredo and traveling south. Can any of the Belfry fans help? I figured it would be less traffic coming in from the Pikeville side than it would the Williamson side , with the enormous amount of traffic coming to the game from West Virginia. Any help is appreciated.

I’m sure Belfry fans would be more then happy to help with directions, if not for the last jab in your post. The best direction would be 23 south to 292 through Martin Co. enjoy the ride! The motion sickness should be nice and settled in by the time you arrive. Plus you can avoid Johnson Co. totally. May be a Loss hung on the kitty cats just driving through there.

I think they should cross the toll bridge at Nolan on the way, aka as Belfry's Golden Gate to their Alcatraz to ASH-land's mighty litter of Cluckers.
It's a little bit early to be making excuses - even for a Tomcats fan and his two friends. Be sure to confirm that Ashland has not already forfeited before you hit the road, no matter which route you choose. It would be a shame to make that long trip only to find out that Ashland's team never left the comfort and safety of their own homes.

BTW, I am a Belfry fan when Ashland is the Pirates' opponent.
Just watched some Belfry film. They will present challenges on both sides of the ball for Ashland. I also think Ashland will present some for the Pirates. Should be a close game with penalties field position and turnovers deciding this one late.
Spring Valley maybe????
T-CATS Wrote:Just watched some Belfry film. They will present challenges on both sides of the ball for Ashland. I also think Ashland will present some for the Pirates. Should be a close game with penalties field position and turnovers deciding this one late.

You got that right. It'll be hard to see the hash marks after the camouflage of scattered feathers obstructs the vision of the playing field , that is if ASH-land can figure out how to find the field. It'll be worse than trying to keep the snow off the field of a Buffalo Bills game.
T-CATS Wrote:Just watched some Belfry film. They will present challenges on both sides of the ball for Ashland. I also think Ashland will present some for the Pirates. Should be a close game with penalties field position and turnovers deciding this one late.

T-CATS that’s is a good observation and I feel the same way but it’s a shame that one arrogant poster from Ashland has to ruin it for everyone else with his sarcasm
cuppett777 Wrote:i am the one that started the question,as to where would they play,and no where in there did i say anything about Belfry Dismantling Anyone.I Ask Because I Seen Where They Could Play At Tilman If Things Worked Out.I Ask Because I Havent Seen Them Play In Person For About 7 Yrs And Could Make The Easy Trip Over There If That Happened...ANYWAY- GO PIRATES

Troublemaker!!!!
Confusednicker:
Listen to cat fans before you get your hope up. Belfry is just starting to play thier best football due to injuries. Belfry is healthy now. See you are pond creek Friday nite for a beat down. Pirates will send the tomcats back to Boyd county purring.
Belfry-42
Ashland-14
23 to 119 is the best route
I’ll just say one thing. I think it’s gonna be a good game. Belfry’s early schedule was much better but it also got Belfry banged up. Belfry will show up and play hard and they are plenty good enough to win this game. As in most games, field position and big plays and turnovers will decide this one. Dixon is as good a back as you will see East of 75 and he is just now 100 pct and Bentley and Hensley can run right with him. Putting too much stock in “well we played this team and this team is better and Belfry didn’t show up against this team” is dangerous. Belfry can win this game for sure and I’m sure Coach Love knows this.

Always a comedian in every crowd.
If this game would been at Ashland I would for sure gave them the upper hand. Belfry (CAM) just hard place to win at!!! Beautiful complex and it will be rocking. I think this one goes down to wire but Pirates will find a way to pull this out!!! Coach Haywood one greatest coaches to ever pace the sidelines.

Belfry 28
Ashland 27
Statebound19 Wrote:If this game would been at Ashland I would for sure gave them the upper hand. Belfry (CAM) just hard place to win at!!! Beautiful complex and it will be rocking. I think this one goes down to wire but Pirates will find a way to pull this out!!! Coach Haywood one greatest coaches to ever pace the sidelines.

Belfry 28
Ashland 27

This one wont even be close...Belfry in a blowout.
skully03 Wrote:Here is the updated bracket. If Belfry and Bell wins next week, Belfry and Bell will play in the semis. Only way Belfry and PT meet is in Lexington.

https://khsaa.org/football/2019/brackets/2019_3A.pdf

FYI - These brackets get redrawn based on the winning teams RPI's and their who their opponent is for each week, you can not looking at them after the current round without looking at the RPI's and move that tree around.

For example if Bardstown upset DeSales and all the other "Home Teams" (i.e. the higher RPI's teams win) then Bardstown #4 RPI remaining will be going to Bell Co #1 RPI remaining and Belfry #3 RPI remaining will be going to PT #2 RPI remaining in the semi-finals. It is possible, but not likely.
Granny Bear Wrote:Troublemaker!!!!
Confusednicker:

U Know Me Granny,BTW ,I Blame You For Me Losing The Pickems,Since U did.i Lost Lead and Only Down 1 Forget To Post This WEEK,So Now I will Parachute Out,lol---just kidding:1:
skully03 Wrote:It’s dang confusing.

KHSAA finally learn how to count, start with Week 1 and not Week 0, now they screw up playoff brackets. LOL
These teams are a lot a like but the difference is Dixon he will be the best athlete on the field Belfry by 14
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next