Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will it be?
DevilsWin Wrote:Romney has done more flip flops than Marry Lou Retton. How can you support a guy that changes his mind on issues like Madonna changes costumes at a concert.
If he had decided to run for re-election as governor he would be on the opposite side of nearly all the issues.

whats wrong with doing what the people want?.. this is a democracy after all.. he just is for whatever the people want, when they want it..
mrfootball03 Wrote:whats wrong with doing what the people want?.. this is a democracy after all.. he just is for whatever the people want, when they want it..

This is not a democracy. This is a representative republic. We send people to Washington to make decisions FOR us. We don't make the decision for them.

Mitt Romney would be a disaster for this nation. Constantly holding your thumb up into the wind is no way to govern a nation. Sometimes you have to be willing to do whats unpopular.

mrfootball03, the majority of the people want us out of Iraq, don't want us to strike Iran, universal healthcare, and rolling back of the tax cuts for the wealthy. Why isn't Romney doing as the 'people' want on these issues? Its simple, Romney needs to get elected by the conservatives.... and they support these views. Whats he going to do as President? Hopefully......... we'll never know.
We have a constitutional democracy as well... if 51% of the people don't want women to vote, "it don't matter," as the Constitution now includes that right. I would NOT want to live in a pure democracy, as we all know, there is more to wrong and right than a showing of hands.
thecavemaster Wrote:We have a constitutional democracy as well... if 51% of the people don't want women to vote, "it don't matter," as the Constitution now includes that right. I would NOT want to live in a pure democracy, as we all know, there is more to wrong and right than a showing of hands.

However there is one way around that. The constitutional convention process. Of which, theoretically you wouldn't even need the a majority of people supporting a change. You would just need the states themselves to do it. Much like the electoral process today.... nationwide, popular support would not be needed. It would be a numbers game.

This process has never resulted in an amendment, btw.
It is no light nor easy thing to pass a Constitutional amendment. Thank goodness.
thecavemaster Wrote:It is no light nor easy thing to pass a Constitutional amendment. Thank goodness.

I agree. :Thumbs:
mrfootball03 Wrote:My vote will go like this..

Rep:
Mitt Romney
Mike Huckabee
Fred Thompson
Ron Paul
Rudy Guliani

Dem:
John Edwards
Barack Obama
____________ write in anyone here lol
Hilary Clinton-main last

I am a registered democrat, but after seeing this poor showing for the upcoming presidency.. I think I will change to Republican. The democrats dont have anyone worth voting for.

My final vote?.. I will be voting for Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee if either make it, Also if Fred Thompson makes it. I wouldn't vote for a woman president no matter what.

Stick with your choice! But I don't think Huchabee has a chance even if the polls show him leading in Iowa. Romney is the man for the job. I'd rather have a president that has the guts to change his mind than to have one like we have now who won't change his even when most of his own party are telling him he is wrong.(To many lives lost in this useless war!!!).
Sportsfan54 Wrote:Stick with your choice! But I don't think Huchabee has a chance even if the polls show him leading in Iowa. Romney is the man for the job. I'd rather have a president that has the guts to change his mind than to have one like we have now who won't change his even when most of his own party are telling him he is wrong.(To many lives lost in this useless war!!!).

Are you serious? I mean I don't support the war itself either (or Bush at all for that matter), but apparently Bush's policies are now winning over most of Iraq.

I'd much rather have a man of conviction... Its not 'guts' that caused Romney to 'change' his mind. He's a pandering freak. No governor of Mass....... is EVER suitable to be president. Smile
DevilsWin Wrote:Romney has done more flip flops than Marry Lou Retton. How can you support a guy that changes his mind on issues like Madonna changes costumes at a concert.
If he had decided to run for re-election as governor he would be on the opposite side of nearly all the issues.

Fill me in on the things he has flip-floped on. I'm a little behind on the latest attacks.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Are you serious? I mean I don't support the war itself either (or Bush at all for that matter), but apparently Bush's policies are now winning over most of Iraq.

I'd much rather have a man of conviction... Its not 'guts' that caused Romney to 'change' his mind. He's a pandering freak. No governor of Mass....... is EVER suitable to be president. Smile

Ronnie My Boy! You seem much smarter that that! Nothing Bush has done in Iraq has ever won anybody over. Much less Iraq! Romney IS a man of conviction! Must be your althimerzSmile (i know the disease, i just can't spell it!Smile .
Sportsfan54 Wrote:Fill me in on the things he has flip-floped on. I'm a little behind on the latest attacks.
[YOUTUBE="Flip Flop"]cFMdK0TWtks[/YOUTUBE]
Sportsfan54 Wrote:Ronnie My Boy! You seem much smarter that that! Nothing Bush has done in Iraq has ever won anybody over. Much less Iraq! Romney IS a man of conviction! Must be your althimerzSmile (i know the disease, i just can't spell it!Smile .

Romney is a man of conviction? Smile

And yes, apparently Bush has won some people over on Iraq. Most all agree that the surge is successful, and the recent conversions of Shi'ite and Sunni extremists who now fight along side our guys against Al-Qaeda... is just further proof.

As I said, I want our troops here... NOW. But to ignore the obvious as you do... well, its funny.

I mean, violence is down 50-60%, troop deaths are down tremendously, IED's are down, many that were fighting us are now fighting WITH us.. even the likes of Rep. Murtha agree.

And no, I'm not you're boy. I'm you're Daddy. :flame:
ronald_reagan Wrote:Romney is a man of conviction? Smile

And yes, apparently Bush has won some people over on Iraq. Most all agree that the surge is successful, and the recent conversions of Shi'ite and Sunni extremists who now fight along side our guys against Al-Qaeda... is just further proof.

As I said, I want our troops here... NOW. But to ignore the obvious as you do... well, its funny.

I mean, violence is down 50-60%, troop deaths are down tremendously, IED's are down, many that were fighting us are now fighting WITH us.. even the likes of Rep. Murtha agree.

And no, I'm not you're boy. I'm you're Daddy. :flame:

You've been listening to too many Whitehouse controled media reports Ronnie Boy!! If this isn't a civil war in Iraq i've never seen one!! And how could you be my daddy? I'll bet I have grandchildren older AND MORE POLITICALLY CORRECT than you are!!!