Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hot takes for 1A for 2024
(12-07-2023, 12:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 05:08 PM)Puncheon Creek Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 03:23 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 01:41 PM)Puncheon Creek Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 01:34 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Do you live just to troll Paintsville threads. We get it, you aren’t a fan.
Nope i state facts and your reubtle is to call me a troll. If i was a troll id be over on the girls basketball forum talking about that mess. Just dont get you Paintsville people and the perfect blue world you live in. Come on dude 6-6 the last three years and middle school cant win a game = reemergence. Sounds like you might be the head coach or an admin
No, you state opinions, just like the rest of us. However, it appears you love to pounce on Paintsville at every opportunity. 

You do realize that in 1A it doesn’t take a major leap to be relevant? Paintsville has good young talent and if other pieces can come together, they will be a solid team. In 1A it is Pikeville and the rest, so it’s not like we have to worry about 7-8 contenders every year.

I have been on this site a long time and if you did a little research you will see I am far from “perfect blue world” I have been very critical of my Tigers when I felt it was needed.
Fact: 6-6 the last three years 
Fact: Middle school lost every game this year and it wasnt close
You even doubt it yourself in your post " If other pieces can come together". Better worry about keeping that talented young talent. I know a couple of those daddies be looking elsewhere. Didnt deny your are head coach or admin but since you have been on this site a "long time" that eliminates head coach. I am willing to bet you are admin. But regardless, 1A belongs to Pikeville. you couldnt combine teams in that district and compete with Pikeville.
Fact: Paintsville will get some transfers from your mediocre school and start competing again Smile
JMO, but I don’t think you’re gonna see too many transfers coming in to Paintsville, unless it’s JC kids that wanna start right away instead of waiting their turn at JC.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
That’s what I can see happening at places like Sayre as well. Offering scholarships to kids from surrounding schools that don’t want to wait until their jr/sr years to get varsity time.
(12-07-2023, 03:15 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: That’s what I can see happening at places like Sayre as well. Offering scholarships to kids from surrounding schools that don’t want to wait until their jr/sr years to get varsity time.
Don’t know if it’s true or not but I was told Sayre is almost twice as expensive as LCA. I guess they needed that upstart money haha
(12-07-2023, 03:39 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 03:15 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: That’s what I can see happening at places like Sayre as well. Offering scholarships to kids from surrounding schools that don’t want to wait until their jr/sr years to get varsity time.
Don’t know if it’s true or not but I was told Sayre is almost twice as expensive as LCA. I guess they needed that upstart money haha
From an academic standpoint I can see why it is so expensive.  According to their website they claim to have a 100% graduation rate with everyone graduating being accepted to a 4 year university.  With that academic success rate it makes sense for it to be as expense as it is.
(12-04-2023, 11:50 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Paintsville will set the stage for a reemergence in 25,26.
Hopefully. If they can keep that 2027 class together they should be ok. Good strong Class.
Bump