Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behavior of certain schools' fans
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I would rather be a Hillbilly as a Buckeye( A NUT with no redeeming quality or use)

:Clap:
AandB Wrote:Before anyone comments, I know that is their school flag, however waving in the face of African Americans is wrong.

Were they waving it directly at those folks and saying anything to them? That is completely unacceptable!! If not I don't think there is anything wrong with a school waving there flag. One of my pet peeves some hillbilly, redneck, jacka$$, buckeye, whatever you want to call them has tarnished a piece of American history by associating a confederate flag with prejudice! It's just a flag whoever is waving it has the opinion.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I would rather be a Hillbilly as a Buckeye( A NUT with no redeeming quality or use)

:Thumbs:
Panther Thunder Wrote:Here was our counter this year lol:

:thatsfunn:Thumbs:
Patriot Wrote:Were they waving it directly at those folks and saying anything to them? That is completely unacceptable!! If not I don't think there is anything wrong with a school waving there flag. One of my pet peeves some hillbilly, redneck, jacka$$, buckeye, whatever you want to call them has tarnished a piece of American history by associating a confederate flag with prejudice! It's just a flag whoever is waving it has the opinion.

Yes they were waving it right in there face and saying things that I will not repeat. Otherwise I would agree with you 100% they have every right to wave their flag and support their school, but those kids really went way to far that night, but that was a long, long, time ago in 96. I have never seen anything like that since.
I don't recall ever having a problem with an opposing teams fans at a football game, but basketball is a different story.
I think spacing and close proximity have a lot to do with that.
Being on the chain crew and on the oposing sidelines every Friday night, I hear every teams bad apples and I do mean every team. I am not going to specify any teams fans, because they all have them even ours I am sure. Most of the teams head coaches apologize to us personally for what we hear. Fans hang on the fences and yell profanity at the officials, players and even the chain crew. We even get things said to us by players. Its very tuff because we can not say anything back or even cheer for our team. Even though we do cheer alittle outside the 25 yard lines.TongueirateSho

You should move your trailer to Ohio, OrangenowBlew.
big blu 2 u Wrote:i heard buckeyes were hillbillys who were to dumb to find there way to detroit and wound up in ohio. .p.s. we hate when bell county comes to our stadium because the farm tractors really mess up our parking lot...lol.!:lmao:

Wow... and you're not a Hillbilly?
Waving the Rebel flag in a taunting manner in front of African Americans would be wrong imo. AS a "Southern Hillbilly" i like the Rebel flag. However i try to consider the feelings of all people.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:You should move your trailer to Ohio, OrangenowBlew.

Never have lived in a trailer although there is probably nothing wrong with it.
I have a friend who moved to Ohio several years ago to teach....One of his fellow faculty members was always saying something to him about hillbillys. One day he asked my friend how many mental hospitals KY had.... My friend said I beleieve we have 4.... He then asked "what do they do with alll those dumb hillbillys?' My friend replied "They send us to OHIO to TEACH!!!!!":moon:
big blu 2 u Wrote:i heard buckeyes were hillbillys who were to dumb to find there way to detroit and wound up in ohio. .p.s. we hate when bell county comes to our stadium because the farm tractors really mess up our parking lot...lol.!:lmao:

killerb Wrote:I have a friend who moved to Ohio several years ago to teach....One of his fellow faculty members was always saying something to him about hillbillys. One day he asked my friend how many mental hospitals KY had.... My friend said I beleieve we have 4.... He then asked "what do they do with alll those dumb hillbillys?' My friend replied "They send us to OHIO to TEACH!!!!!":moon:

Q: What do a divorce in Eastern Kentucky, a tornado in Kansas, and a hurricane in Florida have in common?
A: Somebody's fixin' to lose them a trailer.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:You should move your trailer to Ohio, OrangenowBlew.

And wind up with a bunch of homeless people living underneath his porch.
jetpilot Wrote:And wind up with a bunch of homeless people living underneath his porch.

OMFG, Lmao. That was so red!
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Q: What do a divorce in Eastern Kentucky, a tornado in Kansas, and a hurricane in Florida have in common?
A: Somebody's fixin' to lose them a trailer.

:lmao:
jetpilot Wrote:And wind up with a bunch of homeless people living underneath his porch.

:lmao:
Chainman09 Wrote:Being on the chain crew and on the oposing sidelines every Friday night, I hear every teams bad apples and I do mean every team. I am not going to specify any teams fans, because they all have them even ours I am sure. Most of the teams head coaches apologize to us personally for what we hear. Fans hang on the fences and yell profanity at the officials, players and even the chain crew. We even get things said to us by players. Its very tuff because we can not say anything back or even cheer for our team. Even though we do cheer alittle outside the 25 yard lines.TongueirateSho

Yeah ...but what a view............
Well down here in the Red river Gorge we get alot of UFO's flying off the huge cliffs. These Unidentified Flying Ohioians surely make a mess.
Gold Charger Wrote:Exactally where where they sitting, there is no bleachers behind the bench of the visiting team?????

The worst experience we had last year was at Dixie Heights. A parent kept saying and cusing at Zollo all night. It was really bad. He didn't let it end there, he even followed him to the locker room. Security had to be called.

Also agree 100%

There are no bleachers but the fans back up pickup trucks and set in the back of them on lawn chairs, i played there two years, its been a few years, but they were right there behind us taunting us.
padd4pirate Wrote:Yeah ...but what a view............

You got that right ! Can you believe everyone wonders why I work the sidelines. I hear and see it all up close and personal.
Have to agree with Gold Charger.At this years' Dixie CovCath game the Dixie parents are wearing T-shirts that read "real colonels wear red, blue colonels give head." I can maybe understand a couple students thinking their funny, but the Parents?!
Chainman09 Wrote:You got that right ! Can you believe everyone wonders why I work the sidelines. I hear and see it all up close and personal.

HUM.... Takin advantage of all that are ya??? LOL.... I could only dare to imagine the things you see and hear while on the sidelines especially if you deck out with your teams logo!!! Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
firechief Wrote:I blame this solely on the home schools administration. They are responsible for this and should be held accountable.

Firechief, you have a point. There is a line at which game and crowd management are the responsibility of the host team.

But, and it is a large but, the responsibility and accountability for the behavior of the fan is their own. If a person cannot restrain themselves from foul language, racial taunts, evaluations of mental capacity and or slinging saliva while uttering epithets that would make Richard Pryor blush, then they have no business at a public sporting event.

In fact, that person probably needs to be in a cardiac lab with a monitor attached so they can quickly identify which artery is going to pop when the refs rob their team yet one more time.

"Fan" is short for "fanatic" - and that is not without cause. Most people are supporters and boosters, not "fanatics" and I am thankful for that, because fanatics are generally idiots who don't know a cup from a mouthpiece and should never be let within 100 miles of a gathering of under-18 school children.
firechief Wrote:I blame this solely on the home schools administration. They are responsible for this and should be held accountable.
I agree.. but if this was true perry central would have no administration!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There are no bleachers but the fans back up pickup trucks and set in the back of them on lawn chairs, i played there two years, its been a few years, but they were right there behind us taunting us.

That's exactly right. I'm fairly confident that the drinks in the styrofoam cups was not kool-aid. To be adults and yell at less than 18 year-old students - CLASSLESS!
Stardust Wrote:That's exactly right. I'm fairly confident that the drinks in the styrofoam cups was not kool-aid. To be adults and yell at less than 18 year-old students - CLASSLESS!

No, it definitely wasnt kool aid, i believe they were sippin on the good stuff, really funny to see but got old really quick, after we had won the game, they walked up to the fence and started, haha sippin on grandpas juice really got em goin.:thatsfunn
As far as Kentucky when I played Johnson Central had the worst fans, but that was a long time ago. As far as anywhere else Ironton has the worst fans of any place that I played, I hated to go their and play (I love to go and watch a game though). At Ironton the dressing rooms are right under the home bleachers and when you come out onto the field you better have your helmet on because you will get spit on and pop thrown on you.
phs1986 Wrote:HUM.... Takin advantage of all that are ya??? LOL.... I could only dare to imagine the things you see and hear while on the sidelines especially if you deck out with your teams logo!!! Smile

I just wear the team hat. They have those silly shirts for us to wear. When it gets cold you might see us in our heavy red and white coats.