Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Possible Recruiting clinic for 14th coaches.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Since Tate Cox transferred about 4 years ago, the PCC faithful have been continually whining about and beating the JBS deadhorse in regards to Knott Central for which most of the JBS players players have lived in Knott County most of their lives with the exception of the Collins twins. Some have also questioned Cordia about recruiting(which I have also). Then when you question them about a player coming from New York under suspicious circumstances or them having 5 transfers on their girls team in two seasons, they get highly offended.

Im not offended by these remarks because it really doesnt effect me. I dont have a horse running in this race. It is easy to see that ur a Letcher fan by ur post. Thats great!!! I love to see all the teams do well. Im sure Letcher will have there time in this region too. My deal with this whole thread is that everyone gets on here and talks trash about Cordia and one kid at PCC. Ive said this b4 on this thread, NO ONE IN THIS REGION WOULD HAVE TURNED ANY OF THESE KIDS AWAY even good ole "OZ." Any team in this region would b doing the same thing which is trying to get them eligible. Everyone talks about there no written rule against a kid transfer b4 he gets into high school which is true. But they can still be recruited!!!! As for the justice kid, Letcher had him and his father at one time and let him go for reasons im not sure. Its like they dont want to be the best, because if they did that was their best opportunity.
Doctor J Wrote:Justice is an incoming Freshman; therefore he is allowed to go where he wants.

Oh....we thought he was a Sophomore. So, KCC has no players on their team who has played at any other school since starting Freshman year. Guess that takes them out of the recruits discussion for this year. Unfortunately for them, I think they probably need a few recruits. I just don't think they have what they will need to get it done this year, not now that everyone has their hired guns. Hope I'm wrong though. I have gone from a PCC fan, to a Cordia fan, back to a PCC fan, to a who ever can beat Cordia and PCC. And, all before the end of September.
KHSAA12 Wrote:LMAO..Please tell me this is your opinion about the whole rhodes situation, because if your trying to stat a fact your completely wrong. 1. rhodes is from jersey bro not texas. 2. Transfers came with their father not rhodes. 3. He applied for two other coaching positions besides cordia. 4. Why he picked Kentucky is because unless you haven't realized ball is a big tradition down here and he played 2 years at uk. I know u don't know Rhodes personally, but trust me man he don't look down on anyone for being born and raised here. And he didn't even know the comissioner until this year so i know he didnt think he could get one over on him when he didn't even know the man. If your upset with this whole thing ok but damn dude rhodes ant bad guy, he treats everyone around with respect and you can tell he really cares about those boys.

1. He was born and grew up in New Jersey, but came to good ole Cordia from Texas, where he lived and worked and meet recruits. 2. He picked these boys out before he was even hired in any coaching position. One of the Cordia fans on here even admitted that, and I think it was you. The states was that he knew these boys before he came and they would have gone where ever he ended up coaching. 3. I don't know the number of applications he put in (if I get time I'll google it) but when he started apply for positions every day another school was putting on here that Rhodes may be coaching at their school. Several were even in the news. But the number doesn't matter, point is he was job shopping in Kentucky for a school that would let his boys play. 4. Rhodes isn't even a University of Kentucky fan. He played there, didn't cut it, got red shirted (which even he knew meant that they were just trying to get rid of him, got mad and asked to be released (which Kentucky was more than glad to do) and moved on to California. When he first took the job at Cordia, his facebook did not even mention UK under either his academic or athletic achievements. He was a Duke fan, and even put on his face book: Duke or UK (that is until all his new Kentucky facebook friends pounded him).

Now you want my opinion, he is not here for the basketball tradition. He is here for one of two reasons or maybe both. He is trying to get these basketball camps built up into a profitable business and he is wanted to be a college head coach someday (which he has been trying to do since he failed in the NBA) and he is trying to use these boys and Cordia school to do it. You see if he comes in to a little school like Cordia and takes them to their first ever state tournament, as much as you don't like Cordia being a Cinderella story, that is exactly what it will be. He will get nationwide attention for himself. If he can manage to get one of these boys a D1 offer to boot, well that's all the better. Now that's my opinion!
ah boys...
zaga_fan Wrote:ah boys...

Next time you talk to Hatcher, please tell him that anewpat said "When you play Cordia, no slow ball. No low score. No mercy. Don't just beat them,
embarrass them. " Then when PCC finishes find KHSAA12 in the stands and say "Don't let your mouth write a check that your *ss can't cash"
ballstar Wrote:Im not offended by these remarks because it really doesnt effect me. I dont have a horse running in this race. It is easy to see that ur a Letcher fan by ur post. Thats great!!! I love to see all the teams do well. Im sure Letcher will have there time in this region too. My deal with this whole thread is that everyone gets on here and talks trash about Cordia and one kid at PCC. Ive said this b4 on this thread, NO ONE IN THIS REGION WOULD HAVE TURNED ANY OF THESE KIDS AWAY even good ole "OZ." Any team in this region would b doing the same thing which is trying to get them eligible. Everyone talks about there no written rule against a kid transfer b4 he gets into high school which is true. But they can still be recruited!!!! As for the justice kid, Letcher had him and his father at one time and let him go for reasons im not sure. Its like they dont want to be the best, because if they did that was their best opportunity.

I do agree that no one would have turned away any of these kids but that is on the assumption they came here on their own accord with no previous contact or recruitment. Do you actually think these kids had even heard of Cordia or Perry Central without some type of contact or recruitment. You act like these were poor little orphaned kids that just showed up on the doorsteps of these schools. There is one word for that. Bull@#$%
ANEWPAT Wrote:Next time you talk to Hatcher, please tell him that anewpat said "When you play Cordia, no slow ball. No low score. No mercy. Don't just beat them,
embarrass them. " Then when PCC finishes find KHSAA12 in the stands and say "Don't let your mouth write a check that your *ss can't cash"

:rockon:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I do agree that no one would have turned away any of these kids but that is on the assumption they came here on their own accord with no previous contact or recruitment. Do you actually think these kids had even heard of Cordia or Perry Central without some type of contact or recruitment. You act like these were poor little orphaned kids that just showed up on the doorsteps of these schools. There is one word for that. Bull@#$%

This is exactly what I have been trying to say, but you said it much better. I mean I am sure that one day a father in Houston, Texas just woke up and said honey I think I'm going to take my two boys, leave you here, and move them to this little community called Lotts Creek in Knott County, Kentucky and enroll them in this little school called Cordia High School so that they can get a better education. And, I think I'll get guardianship of one of their friends and take him along just for the h*ll of it.
ANEWPAT Wrote:This is exactly what I have been trying to say, but you said it much better. I mean I am sure that one day a father in Houston, Texas just woke up and said honey I think I'm going to take my two boys, leave you here, and move them to this little community called Lotts Creek in Knott County, Kentucky and enroll them in this little school called Cordia High School so that they can get a better education. And, I think I'll get guardianship of one of their friends and take him along just for the h*ll of it.

:lolrage:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I do agree that no one would have turned away any of these kids but that is on the assumption they came here on their own accord with no previous contact or recruitment. Do you actually think these kids had even heard of Cordia or Perry Central without some type of contact or recruitment. You act like these were poor little orphaned kids that just showed up on the doorsteps of these schools. There is one word for that. Bull@#$%

Its according to what ur def of recruiting is. If urs and ANEWPAT def is the same i see why u would see it this way. As long as its a "mtn boy" or they havent started high school yet then its not recruiting. Do u really think any of these kids that ended up at knott, HHS(past) or any of the other schools had no previous contact with the schools that ended up at. Come on, THATS TRUE BULLS$#T!!! Have u ever heard the phrase shopping. Thats what alot of parents do to try to get their child the best opportunity to b play. Get real!!! Ur kiddn urself now. I guess all the other "transfers" just showed up. LMAO!!!!
ANEWPAT Wrote:This is exactly what I have been trying to say, but you said it much better. I mean I am sure that one day a father in Houston, Texas just woke up and said honey I think I'm going to take my two boys, leave you here, and move them to this little community called Lotts Creek in Knott County, Kentucky and enroll them in this little school called Cordia High School so that they can get a better education. And, I think I'll get guardianship of one of their friends and take him along just for the h*ll of it.

I guess all tose new freshman at KCC was dying to go there because all the tradition that surrounds that historic program. LOL, HHS and PCC has and will always own this region. The only other program that is gonna compete is know Cordia. If rhodes continues on the same path he win b 1 of the top teams in this region every yr after this one.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Next time you talk to Hatcher, please tell him that anewpat said "When you play Cordia, no slow ball. No low score. No mercy. Don't just beat them,

lmao... Dang bro i was justing trying to tell you some facts about rhodes. Him and the father of the transfers grew up together and have been friends for years. But damn bro you get heated i never said nuttin about him going to texas and shopping for these boys. And i never said nuttin about perry in that post. LOL ill admit with jaysean and the rest of perrys crew your picked to win region ok. Its obvious, but without him its anyones title. Iam not going to apolgize for correcting you ,but if i knew you was gonna thorw a fit id never tryed to fix your mistake. Let's calm down now brother. Ball Season will tell all. I just wanna see what everyone says next year when cordia does return everyone but sumner.:Thumbs:
:
KHSAA12 Wrote:lmao... Dang bro i was justing trying to tell you some facts about rhodes. Him and the father of the transfers grew up together and have been friends for years. But damn bro you get heated i never said nuttin about him going to texas and shopping for these boys. And i never said nuttin about perry in that post. LOL ill admit with jaysean and the rest of perrys crew your picked to win region ok. Its obvious, but without him its anyones title. Iam not going to apolgize for correcting you ,but if i knew you was gonna thorw a fit id never tryed to fix your mistake. Let's calm down now brother. Ball Season will tell all. I just wanna see what everyone says next year when cordia does return everyone but sumner.:Thumbs:

:ChairHit:
ballstar Wrote:I guess all tose new freshman at KCC was dying to go there because all the tradition that surrounds that historic program. LOL, HHS and PCC has and will always own this region. The only other program that is gonna compete is know Cordia. If rhodes continues on the same path he win b 1 of the top teams in this region every yr after this one.

Let's go over this one more time really slowly so you can understand. JBS does not have a high school boys basketball team. The boys who went to KCC froms JBS are boy who have always lived in Knott County. If JBS had never existed, they would have always been in the Knott County school system. They had to go somewhere and they went to KCC. Surely you aren't mad because they didn't decide to go to Cordia to. How many boys do you think you play over there. Other than Justice, all the rest came up through KCC's normal feeder system. If you want to continue calling Justice a recruit, I will surrender and allow you to do so.

Besides, I wasn't the one who said that any school was bubbling over with tradition, that would by your buddy KHSAA12.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Just wanted to go on the record saying that my previous comment about last years regional championship game does not mean that I do not respect Hatcher as a coach. I do. His record speaks for itself. I do stand by the comment though that his coaching abilities were not what got him that particular regional title. I don't think anyone would say that having those three guys healthy and Adams in the game would not have made at least a 3 point difference in KCC's game.

As for the recruiting comments, the vast majority of my comments are directly at Cordia. Go back through my posts, I didn't have as big a problem about any of it until I was told to read what was being posted by these kids on facebook. Here is why the Cordia situation is different for me. Rhodes was sitting there in Texas, and for what ever reason he decided that he was going to find him some high school ball players to coach. He found these kids who had talent but just happened to be at schools where the players were so good that these boys were only considered average. He decided that if he moved them to some small school in Kentucky where the talent is so down they will look like NBA stars in comparison and it would make them look even better than they are. He then applied for every open position in the state of Kentucky. Why did he pick Kentucky? My guess is because he thought we were so stupid that we wouldn't figure out what he was up to. Or, maybe it's because he knew that he could get the KHSAA commissioner to approve their eligibility. Why did he pick Cordia? Because those poor people are so hungry for a regional title that as long as he promises them one, they are going to let him do what ever he wants to. He took the job and put his players in place. Then, they all started openly bragging about it all. I guess you can say, he didn't recruit players as much as he just hand pick him a basketball team and then recruited himself a school that would let them play.

Man, that's recruiting. No doubt about it.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Let's go over this one more time really slowly so you can understand. JBS does not have a high school boys basketball team. The boys who went to KCC froms JBS are boy who have always lived in Knott County. If JBS had never existed, they would have always been in the Knott County school system. They had to go somewhere and they went to KCC. Surely you aren't mad because they didn't decide to go to Cordia to. How many boys do you think you play over there. Other than Justice, all the rest came up through KCC's normal feeder system. If you want to continue calling Justice a recruit, I will surrender and allow you to do so.

Besides, I wasn't the one who said that any school was bubbling over with tradition, that would by your buddy KHSAA12.

LOL buddy whats wrong with you, we're just voicing our opinion like you are. But heres what i say about the year jbs and knott players merged together. Yeah the kids lived in knott county their whole life and all that and yeah jbs don't have a team now. I understand both sides but the year roberts, adams, davis and cox transfered jbs still had a ball team, clint stepp played for jbs his senior year. I think thats where ballstars argument comes into play. Yeah jbs don't have a team now, but the year those 4 students transfered they did. The program was still up and running fine i think they made it to region if im not mistaken. The only thing that happened to jbs i could think to make these students leave was Clark Stepp graduating. That year knott and jbs came together and made a super team.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Just wanted to go on the record saying that my previous comment about last years regional championship game does not mean that I do not respect Hatcher as a coach. I do. His record speaks for itself. I do stand by the comment though that his coaching abilities were not what got him that particular regional title. I don't think anyone would say that having those three guys healthy and Adams in the game would not have made at least a 3 point difference in KCC's game.

As for the recruiting comments, the vast majority of my comments are directly at Cordia. Go back through my posts, I didn't have as big a problem about any of it until I was told to read what was being posted by these kids on facebook. Here is why the Cordia situation is different for me. Rhodes was sitting there in Texas, and for what ever reason he decided that he was going to find him some high school ball players to coach. He found these kids who had talent but just happened to be at schools where the players were so good that these boys were only considered average. He decided that if he moved them to some small school in Kentucky where the talent is so down they will look like NBA stars in comparison and it would make them look even better than they are. He then applied for every open position in the state of Kentucky. Why did he pick Kentucky? My guess is because he thought we were so stupid that we wouldn't figure out what he was up to. Or, maybe it's because he knew that he could get the KHSAA commissioner to approve their eligibility. Why did he pick Cordia? Because those poor people are so hungry for a regional title that as long as he promises them one, they are going to let him do what ever he wants to. He took the job and put his players in place. Then, they all started openly bragging about it all. I guess you can say, he didn't recruit players as much as he just hand pick him a basketball team and then recruited himself a school that would let them play.

The school don't decide if they play or not. Thats KHSAA. Then one ruled eligilble its up to the coach who steps on the floor
KHSAA12 Wrote:The only thing that happened to jbs i could think to make these students leave was Clark Stepp graduating. That year knott and jbs came together and made a super team.

:eyeroll: That's because you need to get off the creek more often. Anyone else want to tell KHSAA12 all about the JBS troubles that made almost the entire school transfer to public schools, athletes and nonathletes alike, kindergarten through 12th grade.
KHSAA12 Wrote:The school don't decide if they play or not. Thats KHSAA. Then one ruled eligilble its up to the coach who steps on the floor

:insane:
ballstar Wrote:Its according to what ur def of recruiting is. If urs and ANEWPAT def is the same i see why u would see it this way. As long as its a "mtn boy" or they havent started high school yet then its not recruiting. Do u really think any of these kids that ended up at knott, HHS(past) or any of the other schools had no previous contact with the schools that ended up at. Come on, THATS TRUE BULLS$#T!!! Have u ever heard the phrase shopping. Thats what alot of parents do to try to get their child the best opportunity to b play. Get real!!! Ur kiddn urself now. I guess all the other "transfers" just showed up. LMAO!!!!

LOL. I do agree that recruiting is recruiting period and that a lot of the local transfers is through parents shopping their children. However, I do not believe that people from the Buffalo and Houston are shopping their children in Eastern Kentucky without prior contact or recruitment. I hate to bust your bubble but most people in those areas have never heard of Perry County or Hazard or nor do they care. Especially Cordia. They could care less about the self proclaimed "Queen City of the Mountains". Even though WE may love it here, most of them think they have died and gone to hell. If the KHSAA is going to "selectively" punish certain schools(EX: Pike Central) for violations. They should at least take a little looksey at other schools when red flags come up. EX: When there are facebook posts stating they were recruited to come here. This is not rocket science.
KHSAA12 Wrote:LOL buddy whats wrong with you, we're just voicing our opinion like you are. But heres what i say about the year jbs and knott players merged together. Yeah the kids lived in knott county their whole life and all that and yeah jbs don't have a team now. I understand both sides but the year roberts, adams, davis and cox transfered jbs still had a ball team, clint stepp played for jbs his senior year. I think thats where ballstars argument comes into play. Yeah jbs don't have a team now, but the year those 4 students transfered they did. The program was still up and running fine i think they made it to region if im not mistaken. The only thing that happened to jbs i could think to make these students leave was Clark Stepp graduating. That year knott and jbs came together and made a super team.

The year they transferred there was a big uproar within the administration of JBS.
Those 4 boys were 4 of MANY kids that transferred to Knott County,
They just happened to play basketball.

That's right guys....
I just took up for Knott County.
Screen shot this and save it before someone closes this thread lol
OrangenowBlue Wrote:LOL. I do agree that recruiting is recruiting period and that a lot of the local transfers is through parents shopping their children. However, I do not believe that people from the Buffalo and Houston are shopping their children in Eastern Kentucky without prior contact or recruitment. I hate to bust your bubble but most people in those areas have never heard of Perry County or Hazard or nor do they care. Especially Cordia. They could care less about the self proclaimed "Queen City of the Mountains". Even though WE may love it here, most of them think they have died and gone to hell. If the KHSAA is going to "selectively" punish certain schools(EX: Pike Central) for violations. They should at least take a little looksey at other schools when red flags come up. EX: When there are facebook posts stating they were recruited to come here. This is not rocket science.

I agree. In just about every situation recruiting takes place whether its local transfers or out of state transfers. I agree KHSAA is very selective with what they do and who they do it too. I am also sure they will check into the Paige kid as well to see if they can find anything on him or PCC. I cant see them turning this kid away after they approved the cordia kids. It is a legit change of residents and unless they find something else they will have to let him play. Just wandering, if this kid was a role player would all of us b still talking about this???
[quote=OrangenowBlue]LOL. I do agree that recruiting is recruiting period and that a lot of the local transfers is through parents shopping their children. However, I do not believe that people from the Buffalo and Houston are shopping their children in Eastern Kentucky without prior contact or recruitment. I hate to bust your bubble but most people in those areas have never heard of Perry County or Hazard or nor do they care. Especially Cordia. They could care less about the self proclaimed "Queen City of the Mountains". Even though WE may love it here, most of them think they have died and gone to hell. If the KHSAA is going to "selectively" punish certain schools(EX: Pike Central) for violations. They should at least take a little looksey at other schools when red flags come up. EX: When there are facebook posts stating they were recruited to come here. This is not rocket science.[/QUOT

From what i hear the kids family is here as well. No disrespect to cordia!!!! I think with a change of residents for the kid and the parents it makes it really hard to deny this kid eligiblity.
Just wandering, if this kid was a role player would all of us b still talking about this???[/QUOTE][/B][/U]

I highly doubt that Mothers and fathers would get jobs and/or money to bring a role player to the moutains!
Recruiting takes place all over the state and has for years,from Bowling Green to Ashland and everywhere in between.The sad part about all of this is that you have kids that have worked hard for years and dedicated a lot of time and effort to have a chance to play High School basketball and now their time will be limited.
^agree, but they are 4 other spots on the floor too. I think a parent should raise a child to do whatever they can to help the TEAM win if thats just working hard in practice. Everyones child cannot b a chief, u also need a few indians.

I don't remember bring him say Cordia was going to beat PCC, everyone including Hume have picked PCC winning region. I can't wait till Cordia sweeps LCC on the season so I can tell you"Told You". Don't know what's your problem but KHSAA said nothing wrong
ANEWPAT Wrote:Let's go over this one more time really slowly so you can understand. JBS does not have a high school boys basketball team. The boys who went to KCC froms JBS are boy who have always lived in Knott County. If JBS had never existed, they would have always been in the Knott County school system. They had to go somewhere and they went to KCC. Surely you aren't mad because they didn't decide to go to Cordia to. How many boys do you think you play over there. Other than Justice, all the rest came up through KCC's normal feeder system. If you want to continue calling Justice a recruit, I will surrender and allow you to do so.

Ok seriously, I don't mean to keep running this in the ground...but, if one more post states that ALL the kids who have transferred to KCC from JBS, is a more justified move than any other recruits, I am gonna lose my mind. I have NO problem with these kids doing that, it doesn't effect me at all, but please people stop saying that they all transferred because of no ball team at JBS and all that stuff. When the first bunch transferred, there WAS STILL a team at JBS. I do understand the administration uproar and such, I really do, and like I said I have no argument with them transferring schools. But just for the record, when one said all the other transfers besides Justice came from Knott County's feeder system, that is a load of crap. They came from JBS grade school, so that would make them a "feeder system" for JBS HIGH SCHOOL. Knott County's feeder system is Knott County PUBLIC grade schools. That would be like saying Walkertown and RGE are feeder systems for PCC...doubt it.
hoopaholic Wrote:Ok seriously, I don't mean to keep running this in the ground...but, if one more post states that ALL the kids who have transferred to KCC from JBS, is a more justified move than any other recruits, I am gonna lose my mind. I have NO problem with these kids doing that, it doesn't effect me at all, but please people stop saying that they all transferred because of no ball team at JBS and all that stuff. When the first bunch transferred, there WAS STILL a team at JBS. I do understand the administration uproar and such, I really do, and like I said I have no argument with them transferring schools. But just for the record, when one said all the other transfers besides Justice came from Knott County's feeder system, that is a load of crap. They came from JBS grade school, so that would make them a "feeder system" for JBS HIGH SCHOOL. Knott County's feeder system is Knott County PUBLIC grade schools. That would be like saying Walkertown and RGE are feeder systems for PCC...doubt it.
And one more thing, I don't wanna keep calling Justice a recruit, I don't really care if he was recruited or not, but I do know he was "shopped." So, isn't shopping and recruiting pretty closely related.....
^agree. Did u go to jbs or something???
Nope, didn't go to JBS. JBS didn't even exist when I was in school. I went to M.C. Napier. As for the other comments, some people need to read the posts a little more closely before replying and that's all I'll say about that. Finally, as for the recruits, all I can do is sit back and hope that they keep on coming. More and more people are getting unhappy. A lot of people who didn't mind it at first is starting to say enough is enough. At this point, the only way it can get any better is for it to keep getting worse. At some point, the KHSAA has to either admit that they are intentionally not enforcing their rules, or they are going to have to put a stop to it. Eventually, people state wide will start throwing a fit because bringing in the top talent from other states and even other countries is not just going to knock Little Johnny out of a starting position or help a certain team win ballgames and even regional titles. IT's going to change the out come of games at the state tournament. Somebody somewhere is going to realize that and start challenging some of this. Or, at least I hope and pray they do.