Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mays fired from Ashland
Uhhhh, maybe I'm a little out of the loop here?? Are the Ashland out of district kids admitting to the KHSAA that they were all "recruited"? If the answer is no then this whole line of reasoning is ridiculous. Are we going to go to every public school system in the state and tell the out of district transfers they have to go back to their home district or it will be assumed they were recruited?? Or does this random logic only apply to Ashland? Since we have a phone call where a never enrolled student is recruited it's therefore guilt by association and all are deemed to have been recruited....Guarantee some genius responds that...somebody said... I heard... we just know...or just listen to the call....Ridiculous! In fact it's getting so ridiculous most people on here have stopped reading these threads...which is exactly what I need to do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER
(11-23-2022, 01:03 AM)i82much Wrote: Uhhhh, maybe I'm a little out of the loop here??  Are the Ashland out of district kids admitting to the KHSAA that they were all "recruited"? If the answer is no then this whole line of reasoning is ridiculous. Are we going to go to every public school system in the state and tell the out of district transfers they have to go back to their home district or it will be assumed they were recruited?? Or does this random logic only apply to Ashland? Since we have a phone call where a never enrolled student is recruited it's therefore guilt by association and all are deemed to have been recruited....Guarantee some genius responds that...somebody said... I heard... we just know...or just listen to the call....Ridiculous! In fact it's getting so ridiculous most people on here have stopped reading these threads...which is exactly what I need to do.
Again, you Ashland homers are completely out of touch with reality.  I’m glad the kids will have options AND like everyone else outside of Ashland homers we are glad that the recruiting advantage is getting neutralized by making recruits ineligible at Ashland and the post season ban is implemented.  This allows punishment for the school and admin while continuing to let the kids carry on.
(11-23-2022, 02:52 AM)SocratesKy Wrote: Again, you Ashland homers are completely out of touch with reality.  I’m glad the kids will have options AND like everyone else outside of Ashland homers we are glad that the recruiting advantage is getting neutralized by making recruits ineligible at Ashland and the post season ban is implemented.  This allows punishment for the school and admin while continuing to let the kids carry on.

I'm not an Ashland homer.  Just interested in the story.  Did I miss some announcement that Ashland has been banned from the post season?

(11-23-2022, 12:40 AM)Fanman Wrote: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Yeah, elaborate on what the parent march was about? Pretty sure it wasn't their record, or anything to do with Boyd

I realize the parents attending the board meeting used Howell's temper tantrums as the reason to get him fired.  However, had he beaten Boyd in the district and region tournaments, then he would have gone 27-3 with a regional title.  He wouldn't have been fired.
(11-23-2022, 02:52 AM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 01:03 AM)i82much Wrote: Uhhhh, maybe I'm a little out of the loop here??  Are the Ashland out of district kids admitting to the KHSAA that they were all "recruited"? If the answer is no then this whole line of reasoning is ridiculous. Are we going to go to every public school system in the state and tell the out of district transfers they have to go back to their home district or it will be assumed they were recruited?? Or does this random logic only apply to Ashland? Since we have a phone call where a never enrolled student is recruited it's therefore guilt by association and all are deemed to have been recruited....Guarantee some genius responds that...somebody said... I heard... we just know...or just listen to the call....Ridiculous! In fact it's getting so ridiculous most people on here have stopped reading these threads...which is exactly what I need to do.
Again, you Ashland homers are completely out of touch with reality.  I’m glad the kids will have options AND like everyone else outside of Ashland homers we are glad that the recruiting advantage is getting neutralized by making recruits ineligible at Ashland and the post season ban is implemented.  This allows punishment for the school and admin while continuing to let the kids carry on.

Homer? Anyway…..My post wasn’t about options. Kids should have the options to go to school wherever they want. My post began with a question. Has the KHSAA ruled that all the out of district kids were recruited? If not then why are the transfers at Ashland any different than all the other transfers throughout America? If the KHSAA has determined they were recruited then that’s a different story….I’m guessing you’re making an assumption but I may be wrong? So I’ll end with the same question I began my original post with; Are the Ashland out of district kids admitting to the KHSAA that they were all recruited?
(11-23-2022, 09:12 AM)i82much Wrote: Homer? Anyway…..My post wasn’t about options. Kids should have the options to go to school wherever they want. My post began with a question. Has the KHSAA ruled that all the out of district kids were recruited? If not then why are the transfers at Ashland any different than all the other transfers throughout America? If the KHSAA has determined they were recruited then that’s a different story….I’m guessing you’re making an assumption but I may be wrong? So I’ll end with the same question I began my original post with; Are the Ashland out of district kids admitting to the KHSAA that they were all recruited?

If the current Ashland roster was all recruited, then Jason Mays is perhaps a worse recruiter than Billy Gillispie. 

Surely this kind of talk is just coming from parents like baller hoping that 9 players will leave Ashland, his son can play, and the Tomcats can return to Fairview level results OR it's coming from Boyd parents and fans whose eyes were seared and hearts were pierced as they watched Dicky Martin grinning ear to ear as the Tomcats cut down the nets in Morehead the past 4 seasons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • i82much
(11-23-2022, 09:12 AM)i82much Wrote:

Homer? Anyway…..My post wasn’t about options. Kids should have the options to go to school wherever they want. My post began with a question. Has the KHSAA ruled that all the out of district kids were recruited? If not then why are the transfers at Ashland any different than all the other transfers throughout America? If the KHSAA has determined they were recruited then that’s a different story….I’m guessing you’re making an assumption but I may be wrong? So I’ll end with the same question I began my original post with; Are the Ashland out of district kids admitting to the KHSAA that they were all recruited?
Yes, you are a homer.  The tape is enough to understand the depth of recruiting and recruit benefits not to mention the other 30 pages of infractions.  The coach is fired so the administration and program can continue to benefit from the residual recruits (not traditional transfers)?  We all know it’s not that easy or simple.   The admin and program should feel pain from this to ensure adequate oversight in the future.  Also, you are setting a precedence for other schools to know all they have to do is fire a coach and keep plugging along business as usual so there is virtually no deterrent for other programs or admin to assure everything is being done the right way (oversight) with integrity.
(11-23-2022, 09:23 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 09:12 AM)i82much Wrote: Homer? Anyway…..My post wasn’t about options. Kids should have the options to go to school wherever they want. My post began with a question. Has the KHSAA ruled that all the out of district kids were recruited? If not then why are the transfers at Ashland any different than all the other transfers throughout America? If the KHSAA has determined they were recruited then that’s a different story….I’m guessing you’re making an assumption but I may be wrong? So I’ll end with the same question I began my original post with; Are the Ashland out of district kids admitting to the KHSAA that they were all recruited?

If the current Ashland roster was all recruited, then Jason Mays is perhaps a worse recruiter than Billy Gillispie. 

Surely this kind of talk is just coming from parents like baller hoping that 9 players will leave Ashland, his son can play, and the Tomcats can return to Fairview level results OR it's coming from Boyd parents and fans whose eyes were seared and hearts were pierced as they watched Dicky Martin grinning ear to ear as the Tomcats cut down the nets in Morehead the past 4 seasons.
Wow regioner. You taking a page out of Mays book. Backhand comment about kids at Ashland not being good. No wonder you support him.  Since you are such a supporter!  Answer this! Fact check me. Are 9 of the 14 transfers?? Yes!  The way Howell got fired you are even twisting it. He was fired due to the constant verbal explicit ways he talked to kids. That’s fact. Not opinion.  As far as what we were talking about was hypocritical speaking. If that happens!  Khsaa decision is next week. Ashland has till this Friday per Campbell to report additional self imposed sanctions. I haven’t heard anything they are proposing for additional information khsaa found. He did say at the parent meeting when he announced Bonner he is not doing a post season ban. My question is what will he propose?
(11-23-2022, 11:41 AM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 09:23 AM)16thregioner Wrote:

Wow regioner. You taking a page out of Mays book. Backhand comment about kids at Ashland not being good. No wonder you support him.  Since you are such a supporter!  Answer this! Fact check me. Are 9 of the 14 transfers?? Yes!  The way Howell got fired you are even twisting it. He was fired due to the constant verbal explicit ways he talked to kids. That’s fact. Not opinion.  As far as what we were talking about was hypocritical speaking. If that happens!  Khsaa decision is next week. Ashland has till this Friday per Campbell to report additional self imposed sanctions. I haven’t heard anything they are proposing for additional information khsaa found. He did say at the parent meeting when he announced Bonner he is not doing a post season ban. My question is what will he propose?
It’s not ultimately the Ashland admin decision. I can tell you that the KHSAA will not be content with allowing future success based off of players that were recruited.  in addition, my opinion is that the administration’s intent is to secure continued success without a hiccup (aka retaining all talent).  Crossroad.  But the KHSAA is the governing body.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SocratesKy's post:
  • 16thregionballer
(11-23-2022, 11:28 AM)SocratesKy Wrote:

Yes, you are a homer.  The tape is enough to understand the depth of recruiting and recruit benefits not to mention the other 30 pages of infractions.  The coach is fired so the administration and program can continue to benefit from the residual recruits (not traditional transfers)?  We all know it’s not that easy or simple.   The admin and program should feel pain from this to ensure adequate oversight in the future.  Also, you are setting a precedence for other schools to know all they have to do is fire a coach and keep plugging along business as usual so there is virtually no deterrent for other programs or admin to assure everything is being done the right way (oversight) with integrity.

Soc, we don't know if the "depth" of recruiting involved any players on the current roster.  I'm trying to ask a legitimate question.  Has the KHSAA collected enough evidence to conclude that Mays recruited players on the roster? I'm not asking anyone's opinion from either side. Have they ruled on this? I'm guessing they haven't which is why I implied a double standard in my original post. If they have concluded that players on the roster were directly recruited by Mays then your babblings have merit and I stand corrected.  Also, it's precedent, not precedence. Probably a Freudian slip revealing the level of legal expertise you have blessed us with during your incessant bloviating. When presented with the evidence the KHSAA had collected Ashland fired the coach. That's the precedent they set. Let me explain it to you:  Recruit = Fired
(11-23-2022, 12:34 PM)i82much Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 11:28 AM)SocratesKy Wrote:

Soc, we don't know if the "depth" of recruiting involved any players on the current roster.  I'm trying to ask a legitimate question.  Has the KHSAA collected enough evidence to conclude that Mays recruited players on the roster? I'm not asking anyone's opinion from either side. Have they ruled on this? I'm guessing they haven't which is why I implied a double standard in my original post. If they have concluded that players on the roster were directly recruited by Mays then your babblings have merit and I stand corrected.  Also, it's precedent, not precedence. Probably a Freudian slip revealing the level of legal expertise you have blessed us with during your incessant bloviating. When presented with the evidence the KHSAA had collected Ashland fired the coach. That's the precedent they set. Let me explain it to you:  Recruit = Fired
Thanks for the grammar lesson.  You’re very smart.  That means you know what you are talking about and not an Ashland homer. 

OK, back to reality.  The phone call alone spells out the roadmap for recruiting and specific players on the team that were recruited without getting into the other 30 pages of “unknown” violations.   Nobody is out to get your beloved Tomcats, everyone just wants an equal playing field.  Ashland fired the coach as a punishment to him but the administration and program are still benefiting substantially from these nefarious (did I spell that right? - grammar police?) activities.  How else do you legitimately eliminate these unfair advantages when competing against other high school teams? Thanks and I want to compliment you again on how grammar smart you are.
Lol, hit a nerve. I’m done.
(11-23-2022, 02:09 PM)i82much Wrote: Lol, hit a nerve. I’m done.
It’s good to know that the Ashland homers have no other feasible solution to eliminate the recruiting advantage currently held by Ashland (due to previous recruiting practices) other than what has been mentioned.  Post season ban or recruits not eligible.
Is there really 30 pages of violations presented by the KHSAA or is it a rumor?
Does someone have a link they could share to the documents?
(11-23-2022, 08:22 PM)IAM22 Wrote: Is there really 30 pages of violations presented by the KHSAA or is it a rumor?
Does someone have a link they could share to the documents?

I’ve seen some articles and heard from some that should know that there is actually 35 pages.  It will be available through open records request with KHSAA.  Right now they will tell you it’s unavailable to the public because it is an ongoing investigation.
(11-16-2022, 06:12 PM)16thregioner Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 06:03 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: Hoot, I have no issue with you.  As a matter of fact, I have always enjoyed your thoughts.  However, I will disagree.  He may be fired, but I still feel strongly that he was set up.  That is merely my opinion, and just like everyone else that has them, I have my own.  Take care, and I certainly wish you well

There is no doubt Mays was set up.  That’s not merely your opinion.  He answered the phone and talked comfortably for 50 minutes on a call that was being recorded unbeknownst to him and subsequently released on the internet with the clear intent of damaging him.  That is the very definition of being set up.
How about this. There's this guy who sells heroin. There's also a lady in his town who hates seeing all the drug use in their town and knows he's the one selling the heroin. Lady calls the guy and arranges to buy some heroin, and records the call. She takes the recording to the cops. Cops do their investigation and arrest the guy for dealing heroin.

Who's really the bad guy in the scenario? The heroin dealer who was set up with the phone call? Or the lady who decided to be the vigilante i order to try and get the drugs out of her town?
(12-06-2022, 05:13 AM)TheOracle Wrote: How about this. There's this guy who sells heroin. There's also a lady in his town who hates seeing all the drug use in their town and knows he's the one selling the heroin. Lady calls the guy and arranges to buy some heroin, and records the call. She takes the recording to the cops. Cops do their investigation and arrest the guy for dealing heroin.

Who's really the bad guy in the scenario? The heroin dealer who was set up with the phone call? Or the lady who decided to be the vigilante i order to try and get the drugs out of her town?

Only difference is the gang the lady is working for deals heroin as well.  In this case, she only wanted the guy to be caught to clear the streets of him for her gang's own heroin deals.  If the lady was truly a neutral party, then kudos to her.  In this case, though, she wasn't.
  • Ky1976
Lewis (Super W) and Tackett (KHSAA) great friends, political figure from Elliott has worked with Tackett (KHSAA) and AD from Boyd (Girls Coach) are the driving force for this. Mays talked to much and let his ego get him.
(12-06-2022, 09:11 AM)Ky1976 Wrote: Lewis (Super W) and Tackett (KHSAA) great friends,  political figure from Elliott has worked with Tackett (KHSAA) and AD from Boyd (Girls Coach) are the driving force for this.  Mays talked to much and let his ego get him.

No doubt Mays was his own demise.  Lewis has been the driving force in many investigations in the region, and rightfully so.  No one ever transfers into Vanceburg to play sports.  As for the AD from Boyd, that's the only part of this story that's difficult to digest.  It's amazing what they've gotten away with across all sports over the past decade.

At least we can finally enjoy seeing round 1 of whether or not the Boyd plan worked.  The 2 teams play at Boyd a week from today.
  • Ky1976
(12-06-2022, 08:50 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 05:13 AM)TheOracle Wrote: How about this. There's this guy who sells heroin. There's also a lady in his town who hates seeing all the drug use in their town and knows he's the one selling the heroin. Lady calls the guy and arranges to buy some heroin, and records the call. She takes the recording to the cops. Cops do their investigation and arrest the guy for dealing heroin.

Only difference is the gang the lady is working for deals heroin as well.  In this case, she only wanted the guy to be caught to clear the streets of him for her gang's own heroin deals.  If the lady was truly a neutral party, then kudos to her.  In this case, though, she wasn't.
So what you are saying. Everyone recruits theory?  Everyone is dirty?  All because Mays was caught reaching out to multiple kids and has had multiple kids recruited in over homegrown kids. Your theory now is everyone does it. But like you said many times before. You don’t have a kid that plays and you think coaches should be able to recruit kids. Regardless of the bylaws!  If you had a kid like many here have recruited over. You’d change your stance. Easy to talk with nothing in the game.
I think it is probably time for the mods to shut this topic down. I'm not sure anything good will come from any further comments and in all honesty things will probably continue to be negative. I would hate for this site to turn into the same type site as "The Other One". We all have our opinion of the situation and the coach. I have my opinion about the coach, his actions, his chararacter and what I think his future should be at the school level but my opinion is not going to change anything.

The Ashland players and coaches have moved on (1-1 to start the early season) so it's probably time we move on. Good Luck to the Tomcats.
(12-06-2022, 05:59 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:

So what you are saying. Everyone recruits theory?  Everyone is dirty?  All because Mays was caught reaching out to multiple kids and has had multiple kids recruited in over homegrown kids. Your theory now is everyone does it. But like you said many times before. You don’t have a kid that plays and you think coaches should be able to recruit kids. Regardless of the bylaws!  If you had a kid like many here have recruited over. You’d change your stance. Easy to talk with nothing in the game.
First of all Mays talked too much!!!!   If you think a parent don’t call coaches from other teams and talk to opposing coaches you are one just plain dumb or you have something against Mays or Ashland that’s the bottom line.  Get over it he is gone, not coming back he (Mays) cut himself and the dogs attacked him.   Mays leaving if you would like to recognize it a downfall for the entire region.  He brings in college coaches for his players and teams they was playing so all of the 16th region now lose.  Those are facts so, the question I’ve got do you care about the kids bettering themselves or do you only care about your own son or just trying to get the job yourself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ky1976's post:
  • 16thregioner
(12-07-2022, 09:12 AM)Ky1976 Wrote: First of all Mays talked too much!!!!   If you think a parent don’t call coaches from other teams and talk to opposing coaches you are one just plain dumb or you have something against Mays or Ashland that’s the bottom line.  Get over it he is gone, not coming back he (Mays) cut himself and the dogs attacked him.   Mays leaving if you would like to recognize it a downfall for the entire region.  He brings in college coaches for his players and teams they was playing so all of the 16th region now lose.  Those are facts so, the question I’ve got do you care about the kids bettering themselves or do you only care about your own son or just trying to get the job yourself.

I agree 100%.  For all his flaws, losing Mays is a huge hit to the area as he did think bigger than most in the area do.  He marketed his program and players.  He brought in big time teams to stay and play in the area.  He filled up the hotels and restaurants on numerous occasions with the AIT and summer NCAA event.  It is sad he is gone.

I watched the Mays-less Tomcats last night on MyTownTV.  They are less than impressive.  Much of that is because you just don't replace players like Porter, Villers, and Sellars.  I wonder how long the celebration of the exodus of Jason Mays will last for the Ashland fans who wanted him gone.  I suspect we will start the process of finding out after their next 2 games at Boyd, one against GRC and one against Boyd.  Boyd might beat them with a running clock.
(12-07-2022, 09:12 AM)Ky1976 Wrote:

First of all Mays talked too much!!!!   If you think a parent don’t call coaches from other teams and talk to opposing coaches you are one just plain dumb or you have something against Mays or Ashland that’s the bottom line.  Get over it he is gone, not coming back he (Mays) cut himself and the dogs attacked him.   Mays leaving if you would like to recognize it a downfall for the entire region.  He brings in college coaches for his players and teams they was playing so all of the 16th region now lose.  Those are facts so, the question I’ve got do you care about the kids bettering themselves or do you only care about your own son or just trying to get the job yourself.
If you think Mays stealing other 16 region players is good for the 16th region and is a huge loss. Sir you are dumb!  If you cared about the kids you would know that. Everyone wants to win. No question. To say every coach is taking calls is bs or in his case MAKING calls. I think anyone who’s kid sat the bench while he brought a kid from midland in here played in front of home grown kid. To only move back to midland the day after the loss at Rupp. AAU is where kids get recruited. It’s not High school. Those days have been over awhile. 1976 you might want to catch up with the times about college recruiting. I can speak my opinion as well. You need to get over it and stop Defending a cheat and a fraud

(12-07-2022, 09:31 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 09:12 AM)Ky1976 Wrote: First of all Mays talked too much!!!!   If you think a parent don’t call coaches from other teams and talk to opposing coaches you are one just plain dumb or you have something against Mays or Ashland that’s the bottom line.  Get over it he is gone, not coming back he (Mays) cut himself and the dogs attacked him.   Mays leaving if you would like to recognize it a downfall for the entire region.  He brings in college coaches for his players and teams they was playing so all of the 16th region now lose.  Those are facts so, the question I’ve got do you care about the kids bettering themselves or do you only care about your own son or just trying to get the job yourself.

I agree 100%.  For all his flaws, losing Mays is a huge hit to the area as he did think bigger than most in the area do.  He marketed his program and players.  He brought in big time teams to stay and play in the area.  He filled up the hotels and restaurants on numerous occasions with the AIT and summer NCAA event.  It is sad he is gone.

I watched the Mays-less Tomcats last night on MyTownTV.  They are less than impressive.  Much of that is because you just don't replace players like Porter, Villers, and Sellars.  I wonder how long the celebration of the exodus of Jason Mays will last for the Ashland fans who wanted him gone.  I suspect we will start the process of finding out after their next 2 games at Boyd, one against GRC and one against Boyd.  Boyd might beat them with a running clock.
Mays 4 years here set the program back. He doesn’t develope kids. He recruits. We will see. The schedule is tough but it will help when tournament time comes. Boyd will not running clock or GRC. It seems you are a mays fan. Not an ashland fan by your post.
Ashland fan I am. Also HS basketball in general I am also. So your comments are nothing more than a liberal parent whom only cares about self and that’s what’s wrong with this world today that we live in. Listen he talked too much (Mays). Mays didn’t have to talk to the dad from Boyd it was a high mistake and he and everyone knows that. He built something at ashland that hasn’t been here for sometime. He brought back tradition which Ashland had lost, I remember just a few years ago they won only 2-4 games. Mays also taught life lessons and I’m not saying Bonner won’t teach them, cause I believe he will. But this world is tough when you get away from mommy and daddy. I bet you this the majority of the kids that played or was around mays the last 4 year will survive. Wanna bet?
(12-07-2022, 01:27 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:

If you think Mays stealing other 16 region players is good for the 16th region and is a huge loss. Sir you are dumb!  If you cared about the kids you would know that. Everyone wants to win. No question. To say every coach is taking calls is bs or in his case MAKING calls. I think anyone who’s kid sat the bench while he brought a kid from midland in here played in front of home grown kid. To only move back to midland the day after the loss at Rupp. AAU is where kids get recruited. It’s not High school. Those days have been over awhile. 1976 you might want to catch up with the times about college recruiting. I can speak my opinion as well. You need to get over it and stop Defending a cheat and a fraud

Mays 4 years here set the program back. He doesn’t develope kids. He recruits. We will see. The schedule is tough but it will help when tournament time comes. Boyd will not running clock or GRC. It seems you are a mays fan. Not an ashland fan by your post.
Baller, this might be the dumbest thing you have posted on this thread. I don’t see how the ignorance of this comment could be topped. You obviously don’t know squat about basketball. To say Mays “doesn’t develop kids”. Are you serious??? No one reading your comments, even Mays antagonist, are going to take that stupid comment seriously. I don’t think you will get the eight former players now playing college basketball to agree with you, lol. 
You have a personal issue with Mays, from what I gather from reading other’s comments it has to do with your son, not Ashland as a whole. You are a selfish person, thinking only of your own and not what’s good for Ashland and the community. And unlike you have tried to portray in these threads, Jason still has the support of the Ashland community. I know that for a fact. It’s only you and I suppose the superintendent and a few more that wanted him gone. And now he is. So man, let it go. He’s gone. You and Spurlock and and few more got what you wanted. But don’t make comments that he can’t coach or develop players, lol, because it only makes you look pathetic and foolish. He is one of the top high school coaches in Kentucky. If you remember he coached Ashland to a regional title his first year with no transfers. It was their first trip to Rupp in 17 years. I’m sure there are more sensible people in the Ashland community that see Jason as what he is, an outstanding, hard working coach and a great community and family man.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • 16thregioner
(12-07-2022, 02:40 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Ashland fan I am.  Also HS basketball in general I am also.  So your comments are nothing more than a liberal parent whom only cares about self and that’s what’s wrong with this world today that we live in.  Listen he talked too much (Mays).  Mays didn’t have to talk to the dad from Boyd it was a high mistake and he and everyone knows that.  He built something at ashland that hasn’t been here for sometime.  He brought back tradition which Ashland had lost,  I remember just a few years ago they won only 2-4 games.  Mays also taught life lessons and I’m not saying Bonner won’t teach them, cause I believe he will.  But this world is tough when you get away from mommy and daddy.  I bet you this the majority of the kids that played or was around mays the last 4 year will survive.  Wanna bet?
What life lessons did he teach? How to be a hypocrite!  Cheat! He brought shame and diminishing a long tradition before mays 4 years of high school coaching. He won with a team that would have won with anyone coaching. Then he recruited. Liberal is Mays approach. I want my players but I also want everyone else’s players in the region. As far as the kids they will survive. The recruited kids more so than the home grown kids he bad mouthed and played recruited kids over. The vast majority is thankful to be rid of him. FYI.

(12-07-2022, 02:44 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 01:27 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 08:50 AM)16thregioner Wrote: Only difference is the gang the lady is working for deals heroin as well.  In this case, she only wanted the guy to be caught to clear the streets of him for her gang's own heroin deals.  If the lady was truly a neutral party, then kudos to her.  In this case, though, she wasn't.

Baller, this might be the dumbest thing you have posted on this thread. I don’t see how the ignorance of this comment could be topped. You obviously don’t know squat about basketball. To say Mays “doesn’t develop kids”. Are you serious??? No one reading your comments, even Mays antagonist, are going to take that stupid comment seriously. I don’t think you will get the eight former players now playing college basketball to agree with you, lol. 
You have a personal issue with Mays, from what I gather from reading other’s comments it has to do with your son, not Ashland as a whole. You are a selfish person, thinking only of your own and not what’s good for Ashland and the community. And unlike you have tried to portray in these threads, Jason still has the support of the Ashland community. I know that for a fact. It’s only you and I suppose the superintendent and a few more that wanted him gone. And now he is. So man, let it go. He’s gone. You and Spurlock and and few more got what you wanted. But don’t make comments that he can’t coach or develop players, lol, because it only makes you look pathetic and foolish. He is one of the top high school coaches in Kentucky. If you remember he coached Ashland to a regional title his first year with no transfers. It was their first trip to Rupp in 17 years. I’m sure there are more sensible people in the Ashland community that see Jason as what he is, an outstanding, hard working coach and a great community and family man.
LOOK I feel sorry for you the most. You have lied, put out misinformation, made excuses for his behavior. My issue has always has been how Mays just pushed Ashland homegrown kids aside for the Recruited kids and talk about his homegrown players like they aren’t good enough. The ability not to develope was out of his mouth. Check that audio you refuse to listen to! The community as a whole doesn’t stand behind him. Look at the clowns who spoke on his behalf at the board meeting. They not only condone him cheating but emphasized it to get money! Salyers stating he had some inside source at the khsaa saying he was Good! On an ongoing investigation that is currently still going on as we speak!! Mays and these idiots do not reflect the mass community who does not feel that way. Ashland does have a tradition. It’s not a tradition of cheaters and people who condone the behavior mays displayed with the multiple kids he Recruited and attempted to recruit. We can both have an opinion and a stance on this. I will agree to disagree with you. Vastly different opinions. I tend to use the facts. Where you tend to use fiction
(12-07-2022, 03:41 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 02:40 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Ashland fan I am.  Also HS basketball in general I am also.  So your comments are nothing more than a liberal parent whom only cares about self and that’s what’s wrong with this world today that we live in.  Listen he talked too much (Mays).  Mays didn’t have to talk to the dad from Boyd it was a high mistake and he and everyone knows that.  He built something at ashland that hasn’t been here for sometime.  He brought back tradition which Ashland had lost,  I remember just a few years ago they won only 2-4 games.  Mays also taught life lessons and I’m not saying Bonner won’t teach them, cause I believe he will.  But this world is tough when you get away from mommy and daddy.  I bet you this the majority of the kids that played or was around mays the last 4 year will survive.  Wanna bet?
What life lessons did he teach? How to be a hypocrite!  Cheat! He brought shame and diminishing a long tradition before mays 4 years of high school coaching. He won with a team that would have won with anyone coaching. Then he recruited. Liberal is Mays approach. I want my players but I also want everyone else’s players in the region. As far as the kids they will survive. The recruited kids more so than the home grown kids he bad mouthed and played recruited kids over. The vast majority is thankful to be rid of him. FYI.
So he “won with a team that anyone could have won with if coaching” in that first year.  That may be true, but the fact is it was Ashland’s first Sweet 16 in 17 years and he was the head coach. You keep on and on with this narrative that Jason “recruited” bunches of players to make up his teams. Lol, nothing could be further from the truth. In 4 years the only players that played meaningful minutes who transferred in were Porter, Carter and Marcum. That’s it. You have attempted to make it appear that half his teams were transfers. You’ll 
have to go elsewhere in the region, and state, to find those kinds of numbers. Your narrative, regardless how hard you keep spinning and fanatically it, falls apart. And another number that you keep preaching that falls apart is Jason’s support in Ashland. It’s around the upper 90 percentages. You need to get out of your inner circle of haters a little more and see how the city actually feels. And in my opinion when the next board races roll around there will be several find out first hand.
You are the problem with todays world give everyone a trophy. Watch the news and you fit in well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ky1976's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER
(12-07-2022, 03:53 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 03:41 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
So he “won with a team that anyone could have won with if coaching” in that first year.  That may be true, but the fact is it was Ashland’s first Sweet 16 in 17 years and he was the head coach. You keep on and on with this narrative that Jason “recruited” bunches of players to make up his teams. Lol, nothing could be further from the truth. In 4 years the only players that played meaningful minutes who transferred in were Porter, Carter and Marcum. That’s it. You have attempted to make it appear that half his teams were transfers. You’ll 
have to go elsewhere in the region, and state, to find those kinds of numbers. Your narrative, regardless how hard you keep spinning and fanatically it, falls apart. And another number that you keep preaching that falls apart is Jason’s support in Ashland. It’s around the upper 90 percentages. You need to get out of your inner circle of haters a little more and see how the city actually feels. And in my opinion when the next board races roll around there will be several find out first hand.
There is about 4-5 families that support him. All recruited kids. So you best check your sources. You need to get off the couch and come see yourself. How twisted that cause people don’t want a cheating coach. You are the problem. Facts over fiction Look. One thing for sure you are entertaining with your stories

(12-07-2022, 03:56 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: You are the problem with todays world give everyone a trophy.  Watch the news and you fit in well.
Haha 1976 I didn’t mean to strike a nerve. I’m more of conservative. You know. Work hard. Don’t steal. Take care of your own and don’t rob your neighbors.  But your version is a liberal as it gets. That is for sure. Your view is. I want yours and I want mine. Then scream you are great. I think you may want to get of the couch as well and stop watching the news.
You can be in denial all you want Baller but you are going to find out the hard way I suppose. You’ve got it backwards, there’s just a few families that agree with your take but the Ashland community is not happy with the decision to terminate Coach Mays’s as coach and it’s not even debatable. I have sources too, and unlike yours mine are not bias supportive like you and yours are.