Poll: Who wins the title
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
55.74%
Wayne County
44.26%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13)
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:First i would like to say our 8th grade team yourin your opinion wasn't that great we must have been alot better than Wayne Co. we beat there a-- and as for the high school we will take care of that Friday.

man read smoke's comments again he was calling our team decent not yours. Which should indicate he is NOT a wayne fan and does not speak for us.
PirateNation1971 Wrote::hilarious: :lmao:

I don't really understand what you mean. Could you give us a hint?
With the exception of the guy saying Wayne Co. 41-20 over the Pirates I think everybody is giving fairly accurate opinions on the game.

Wayne has a really, really good team and Belfry is playing defensively how many felt they should've been all year long. The offense has yet to play up to their potential IMO.

But I think we're in for a heckuva game this Friday. As a Pirate fan who will not sandbag I think we're a 7-10 point underdog. But that's why they play the game.

By the way, I understood what Smoke was trying to say when he used the Bills analogy and maybe he should have used the Broncos as a comparison because unlike the Bills we've won a few. Also, some of our own fans must not have any knowledge of KY geography because playing that country boys versus the world card isn't applicable here.
smoke1015 Wrote:Yes, most Wayne comments have said something similar to that, a blowout, or can't stop our powerhouse offense. So maybe Belfry fans were provoked a bit. You have to remember, Wayne fans haven't been there before. And from my experience, they can be talkers down there in Wayne, especially grannies. So you might have me there. There were comments, if not in this thread, eluding to Wayne hadn't played anyone nearly as good as Belfry, etc.. Which may be true. In this case, I get this feeling, from fans at least, young, never been there, defiant, probably not long-time fans like Belfry fans, probably not super big football fans in general, or not fans of their own program (most of them probably have son's playing right now, so they are relative new fans), so they are mouthy, more emotionally tied due to maybe a son or nephew or grandson is playing. Belfry is more football knowledgeable, however with almost, just a tad of cockyness, maybe, or maybe it's just a familiarity with a regular occurrence. Now this may sound like a compliment to Belfry and a slight to Wayne, but I do believe I feel Wayne fans are more, shall we say, boisterous with their comments because they are nervous themselves and Belfry seems a little more confident as fans. I actually get nervousness from both sides. The comments from some Belfry guys seem more like trying to explain why Wayne is ranked, right now, above them, and possibly the favorite, instead of just letting it ride, that Wayne has had a really good season and has beaten some good teams, handily. The couple of Wayne comments have been pretty wild. Whoever it was that accused Belfry of being not a clean program was way out of line.

I don't think there is a cocky Belfry fan on this board. Do we expect to be in week 14 every year? Yes we do, as do all teams expect that from the first day of practice.The Belfry fanbase is very knowlegable, when it comes to football. Our team motto is FAITH, FAMILY & FOOTBALL. Every fanbase has that percent of crazies haha that tend to go a little overboard. Does craziness = Passion..maybe so. Like I said above, if you make it to week 14 you deserve to be there. Its a privilege and an honor to suit up and wear your community name proudly across your chest on a big stage. Congrats to Wayne for getting to BG and I am looking forward to a great game on Friday!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Leonidas Wrote:With the exception of the guy saying Wayne Co. 41-20 over the Pirates I think everybody is giving fairly accurate opinions on the game.

Wayne has a really, really good team and Belfry is playing defensively how many felt they should've been all year long. The offense has yet to play up to their potential IMO.

But I think we're in for a heckuva game this Friday. As a Pirate fan who will not sandbag I think we're a 7-10 point underdog. But that's why they play the game.

By the way, I understood what Smoke was trying to say when he used the Bills analogy and maybe he should have used the Broncos as a comparison because unlike the Bills we've won a few. Also, some of our own fans must not have any knowledge of KY geography because playing that country boys versus the world card isn't applicable here.

Well if our offense hasn't played to their potential then why hasn't it been stopped all
year...No one has stopped us....yeah we made some mistakes offensively that hurt ourselves but no team has thus far.....Until we figured out the best defense and made those adjustments our offense bailed us out of alot of games...look at the Southwestern game that was the worst we played as a team all year...Then pike central was the worst two quarters of offense that we have ever played...right know i think Belfry is playing its best football as a team as a whole...We will be hard to beat if we continue this....Wayne is a great team and deserves to be this far...i aint watched them on film yet so i cant say my opinion and i wont until i do....
I also haven't seen any film on Wayne, but ant team that beats Central in Louisville and then travels to Paducah and blows out the Tornado has my attention. I expect a coin flip type game.
I'm going to go with Wayne for 2 reasons #1 I think they are the better team this year.They have shown they are for real. #2 I hate MOST Belfry FANS.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Well if our offense hasn't played to their potential then why hasn't it been stopped all
year...[[/B]No one has stopped us....yeah we made some mistakes offensively that hurt ourselves but no team has thus far.....Until we figured out the best defense and made those adjustments our offense bailed us out of alot of games...look at the Southwestern game that was the worst we played as a team all year...Then pike central was the worst two quarters of offense that we have ever played...right know i think Belfry is playing its best football as a team as a whole...We will be hard to beat if we continue this....Wayne is a great team and deserves to be this far...i aint watched them on film yet so i cant say my opinion and i wont until i do....

Didn't we have two fumbles for turnovers against Bourbon Co.? But I agree, no one stopped us but us and that's what I'm referring to.

I just don't think Wayne will be as easy to overcome if we put the ball on the ground like that.

With that being said our only two state championship teams weren't playing perfect football either when they won, especially the '03 team. I think they had 8 total fumbles (4 were TOs) and they still won against an E'Town team that sent 3 players to the SEC.

If we play that ugly and still win I'm as happy as a camel on hump day, but I'd rather see us execute as good as we can and see where that takes us.

By the way, aside from people who have family on the team and the hs staff I'm probably more excited for these guys then anyone you know. I'm very proud of this group from the seniors on down to the frosh. Don't let my analysis of our play lead you to believe any different.
[quote=Leonidas]Didn't we have two fumbles for turnovers against Bourbon Co.? QUOTE]

Had 3, but only lost 1...we recovered the other 2. Those came early in the game. I believe we came out a little tight but settled down by the end of the 1st quarter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:thanks::thanks:
BelfryPride Wrote:[quote=Leonidas]Didn't we have two fumbles for turnovers against Bourbon Co.? QUOTE]

Had 3, but only lost 1...we recovered the other 2. Those came early in the game. I believe we came out a little tight but settled down by the end of the 1st quarter.

We lost 2. One in the first and Bourbon scored off it. Then Hatfields in the fourth and Bourbon had that last desperation drive to score at the end.
skully03 Wrote:What, you mean you don't know. Well belfry pride they think they will beat us because they have taken down the three time champs in Central. Plus they have this amazing Quarterback that they think should be mr. Football. They prob think like bourbon thought. Just a bunch of backwoods country boys that don't know football. Lol. Ah well I guess we will wait and see.

MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:Bourbon County posted everything and everywhere they could the lowest kind of pictures and trash trying to ridicule Belfry with the backwoods hick country boy garbage. That's just been a few days ago. I guess it probably still stings some of Belfry's followers. Understand now?

backwoods hicks are the best people:Thumbs:
AtlPirateFan Wrote:[quote=BelfryPride]

We lost 2. One in the first and Bourbon scored off it. Then Hatfields in the fourth and Bourbon had that last desperation drive to score at the end.

That's what I thought too.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:[quote=BelfryPride]

My bad lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
skully03 Wrote:What, you mean you don't know. Well belfry pride they think they will beat us because they have taken down the three time champs in Central. Plus they have this amazing Quarterback that they think should be mr. Football. They prob think like bourbon thought. Just a bunch of backwoods country boys that don't know football. Lol. Ah well I guess we will wait and see.

MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:Bourbon County posted everything and everywhere they could the lowest kind of pictures and trash trying to ridicule Belfry with the backwoods hick country boy garbage. That's just been a few days ago. I guess it probably still stings some of Belfry's followers. Understand now?

backwoods hicks are the best people:Thumbs:
Belfry wins 19-14 in a very close game, what a great run Belfry has had in the last four years with all ending with trips to the title game, what a great program.
Cardfan1 Wrote:This is on another thread and explained. That is a mayfield ring. That a coach grabbed off the internet as motivation for his players. Kind of like "this is what you are playing for." Easy captain, wayne co don't jump the gun, so no reason to invent lockerrroom material. They prepare for every team and respect every opponent as one who could easily beat them. Belfry is no different. This will be a great matchup.

You mean this one. This is the one I posted of my sons on here.

[Image: http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/m...9f063d.jpg]
Leonidas Wrote:Didn't we have two fumbles for turnovers against Bourbon Co.? But I agree, no one stopped us but us and that's what I'm referring to.

I just don't think Wayne will be as easy to overcome if we put the ball on the ground like that.

With that being said our only two state championship teams weren't playing perfect football either when they won, especially the '03 team. I think they had 8 total fumbles (4 were TOs) and they still won against an E'Town team that sent 3 players to the SEC.

If we play that ugly and still win I'm as happy as a camel on hump day, but I'd rather see us execute as good as we can and see where that takes us.

By the way, aside from people who have family on the team and the hs staff I'm probably more excited for these guys then anyone you know. I'm very proud of this group from the seniors on down to the frosh. Don't let my analysis of our play lead you to believe any different.

I see what you mean now...I wasn't bein snappy just stating my opinion also...we on the ssme team..lol..go pirates
90% chance of rain is the forecast as of now. If that's the case, does it give one team an advantage?
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:I'm going to go with Wayne for 2 reasons #1 I think they are the better team this year.They have shown they are for real. #2 I hate MOST Belfry FANS.

I would be willing to bet that most Belfry fans would have their #1 as Belfry hating most Breathitt fans. Confusednicker: Me included!!:popcorn:
Belfry USA,from 64SUR stop the qb an belfry wins 64SUR on belfry side line in Bowling Green :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
There is a large number for Belfry on here. I would be careful in underestimating wc. They must be really good.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Wayne, unlike Bourbon, has been battle tested some this season when they had to outlast that monstrous Central defense. It showed us that Wayne can play to the end and that they can play a physical game. Wayne ran 77 plays in that game I think, that tells us they can sustain drives and control some clock. All that said it has been noted by Central coaches and fans that this has been Centrals worst offense in ~20 years or more.

Is Guffey as amazing as he's being hyped? Need to see some film on him to see for sure. Even if he is, he will still need help because no 1 player will beat Belfry.

According to Massey Wayne is a 1 TD favorite in this one. We saw where being a 2 TD favorite got Bourbon Co.

Not going to pick a score in this one just yet, but I do agree it appears the Pirates will be in one of the best games in Bowling Green for the 3rd straight year

what makes Guffey good is his wideouts know where there going and if he has a couple of seconds to get it to them he will and they will catch it,Belfry will have to knock them off the ball and make sure they stay home on the read option, and when Guffey runs it he will put the shoulder down, but I didn't really see him truck anybody..i don't think hes a MR Football,BUT HES VERY GOOD..
mysonis55 Wrote:There is a large number for Belfry on here. I would be careful in underestimating wc. They must be really good.

Nobody from Belfry is underestimating Wayne Co., especially the coaching staff, that much I can assure you.
BelfryPride Wrote:[quote=COACHITALL]I totally agree with Wayne winning it all..........In the West Virginia Class A championship!!!![/QUOTE]

I'm confused......

:pondering:

HE is talking about Wayne from WV,LOL
Nobody care about your other two state titles. What matters is what you do Friday.
Lilly Wrote:Nobody care about your other two state titles. What matters is what you do Friday.

??????? Who's worried about our titles...made no sense.
cuppett777 Wrote:what makes Guffey good is his wideouts know where there going and if he has a couple of seconds to get it to them he will and they will catch it,Belfry will have to knock them off the ball and make sure they stay home on the read option, and when Guffey runs it he will put the shoulder down, but I didn't really see him truck anybody..i don't think hes a MR Football,BUT HES VERY GOOD..

Teams do better when their players know where they're going Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Just kidding with you, Cuppett. Hope to see you Friday!
Lilly Wrote:Nobody care about your other two state titles. What matters is what you do Friday.
Hey look it's Ms. Lilly again. Hi Ms. Lilly.
I didnt realize it mattered what we do on friday. Thanks for the great info. I'll call and tell coach that " it matters what we do on friday", i have to call him anyway to remind him to go to wayne co WV and get all of our players to play in fridays game.
This video sums up everything you've said in this thread.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Teams do better when their players know where they're going Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Just kidding with you, Cuppett. Hope to see you Friday!

ur right,lol,should have said they run good routes, and no u wont see me there sat,4 reasons why 1.central beat belfry when I went
2.central beat belfry when I went
3.central beat belfry when I went,
4.on sat Arkansas State got hosed by bobby petrnios motorcycle gang (zebras)so the last 4 times I been to that stadium it didn't turn out well for my team,so now I am not going they will win,lol
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next