•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open Job: Head Coach, Magoffin County
(12-14-2021, 12:33 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 10:35 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 11:53 PM)Gold River Wrote: Bold statement if Magoffin hires derosset they will be competing at high level in 3  years or so, with the talent coming uo and the kids from Eastern Ky that would make the move not to mention kids who wouldn’t normally come out coming out. He’s still a well liked man in these parts believe it or not. He was also a vital assistant coach on a state runner up team this year in WV as well.

C'mon on.  You need to take a few steps back.   You're acting like Magoffin is just a player or two away.   Magoffin needs someone who can build from the youth program up.  They have not been competitive for YEARS.   not gonna change overnight
First off Magoffin had the best athlete in the 15th region on their football team this year and won most games solely on having him. Imagine if they had a extra player or two. Second you obviously have 0 clue about the mindset over there and what you’re talking about in general, kids have never experienced winning over there no matter what you do to build the youth you gotta go show something at the high school level and Magoffin has a great youth program that’s the problem all the kids quit when they get to the high school level cause they know they can’t compete. All good programs around these parts changed by having the right hire.
So Sorry!  Didn't realize you were the talent evaluator for the entire 15th region.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin   You need to step away from the christmas hooch.
(12-14-2021, 02:03 AM)Hi Gold River Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 01:21 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 01:08 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 12:51 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 12:33 AM)Gold River Wrote: First off Magoffin had the best athlete in the 15th region on their football team this year and won most games solely on having him. Imagine if they had a extra player or two. Second you obviously have 0 clue about the mindset over there and what you’re talking about in general, kids have never experienced winning over there no matter what you do to build the youth you gotta go show something at the high school level and Magoffin has a great youth program that’s the problem all the kids quit when they get to the high school level cause they know they can’t compete. All good programs around these parts changed by having the right hire.
Hahahahaha best athlete? Here go watch this and see if you change your mind.
https://www.hudl.com/profile/6313407/Isaac-Dixon
Learn the definition of athlete…..what does Dixon do besides football. I’d wager good money that if we done a combine there’s multiple ATHLETES better than him. Jump, run, lift whatever it is. I like Dixon he’s a good kid that deserves all his accolades but I’m tired of hearing about it, he had 5 years and guess what JJ Jude still holds the state rushing record after only playing the normal 4 years. But Like I was saying Aidan Barnet is the best athlete in the 15th region he excels at anything he does and isn’t a one trick pony. I don’t fan boy and carry a round a line link in my back pocket but I’m sure his highlights can be easily found if you wanna check him out.
Well Dixon did win the 100m in the region so there is something he does besides football. He also played basketball up until last year. You think if Dixon played for Magoffin and Barnett played for Belfry things would have went the same way?
Not what I said at all, Dixon has a trait that most everyone lacks. That’s Physicality. I was stating in my original post and I’ll stand by it Aidan Barnett is the best straight up just athlete in the 15th region. He actually is the reigning leading scorer in basketball in the region as a freshman. No but Barnett would start at Belfry and be a key player. If Dixon went to Magoffin he wouldn’t have done much more than Barnett though he takes a lot less beatings from his opponents running behind that line at belfry.
If he decides to play baseball you will eat your words on this one and it’s okay because you just don’t know. Kid can throw a football 60 yards. He stepped on a baseball field after not playing in many years and put 7/10 balls to the warning track. I have been around athletics for quite a few years and he’s the biggest freak athlete I’ve ever seen in person. Should see him bowl too. Pretty impressive.
(12-14-2021, 12:51 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 02:03 AM)Hi Gold River Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 12:51 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Hahahahaha best athlete? Here go watch this and see if you change your mind.
Learn the definition of athlete…..what does Dixon do besides football. I’d wager good money that if we done a combine there’s multiple ATHLETES better than him. Jump, run, lift whatever it is. I like Dixon he’s a good kid that deserves all his accolades but I’m tired of hearing about it, he had 5 years and guess what JJ Jude still holds the state rushing record after only playing the normal 4 years. But Like I was saying Aidan Barnet is the best athlete in the 15th region he excels at anything he does and isn’t a one trick pony. I don’t fan boy and carry a round a line link in my back pocket but I’m sure his highlights can be easily found if you wanna check him out.
Well Dixon did win the 100m in the region so there is something he does besides football. He also played basketball up until last year. You think if Dixon played for Magoffin and Barnett played for Belfry things would have went the same way?
Not what I said at all, Dixon has a trait that most everyone lacks. That’s Physicality. I was stating in my original post and I’ll stand by it Aidan Barnett is the best straight up just athlete in the 15th region. He actually is the reigning leading scorer in basketball in the region as a freshman. No but Barnett would start at Belfry and be a key player. If Dixon went to Magoffin he wouldn’t have done much more than Barnett though he takes a lot less beatings from his opponents running behind that line at belfry.
If he decides to play baseball you will eat your words on this one and it’s okay because you just don’t know. Kid can throw a football 60 yards. He stepped on a baseball field after not playing in many years and put 7/10 balls to the warning track. I have been around athletics for quite a few years and he’s the biggest freak athlete I’ve ever seen in person. Should see him bowl too. Pretty impressive.
I don't think Dixon is allowed to play baseball. The KHSAA stated that any 5th year senior can not play a sport that they did not play last year. As far as best athlete at Belfry, Dixon is one of the best and arguably the best. Before him the best I'd ever seen as far as just an athlete was David Jones and Matt Maynard.
(12-14-2021, 12:51 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Hahahahaha best athlete? Here go watch this and see if you change your mind.

Kid?
(12-14-2021, 02:53 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 01:08 AM)Gold River Wrote: Learn the definition of athlete…..what does Dixon do besides football. I’d wager good money that if we done a combine there’s multiple ATHLETES better than him. Jump, run, lift whatever it is. I like Dixon he’s a good kid that deserves all his accolades but I’m tired of hearing about it, he had 5 years and guess what JJ Jude still holds the state rushing record after only playing the normal 4 years. But Like I was saying Aidan Barnet is the best athlete in the 15th region he excels at anything he does and isn’t a one trick pony. I don’t fan boy and carry a round a line link in my back pocket but I’m sure his highlights can be easily found if you wanna check him out.

Kid?
We call him grandpa......does that make you happy?   I've been around this board for a long, long time.....I've not seen too many as butt hurt as you over Dixon...or any other player for that matter.    What did he do....steal your girlfriend  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(12-14-2021, 06:41 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 01:21 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Well Dixon did win the 100m in the region so there is something he does besides football. He also played basketball up until last year. You think if Dixon played for Magoffin and Barnett played for Belfry things would have went the same way?

Kid?
We call him grandpa......does that make you happy?   I've been around this board for a long, long time.....I've not seen too many as butt hurt as you over Dixon...or any other player for that matter.    What did he do....steal your girlfriend  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I usually don’t agree with some stuff james posts, as I am 100% for the 5th year seniors. But I’m just tired of hearing about Dixon this is a dang Magoffin County thread Dixon wasn’t even mentioned once till the Belfry faithful saw an opening. Maybe once Jack Sivori wins Mr.Football this nonsense will die down.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gold River's post:
  • SlantZ, wolfcat
(12-14-2021, 01:21 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Well Dixon did win the 100m in the region so there is something he does besides football. He also played basketball up until last year. You think if Dixon played for Magoffin and Barnett played for Belfry things would have went the same way?

Kid?

Well get out of here and talk about Dixon in an appropriate thread. The only thing that's been stolen is this thread.
(12-14-2021, 09:22 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 02:03 AM)Hi Gold River Wrote: Not what I said at all, Dixon has a trait that most everyone lacks. That’s Physicality. I was stating in my original post and I’ll stand by it Aidan Barnett is the best straight up just athlete in the 15th region. He actually is the reigning leading scorer in basketball in the region as a freshman. No but Barnett would start at Belfry and be a key player. If Dixon went to Magoffin he wouldn’t have done much more than Barnett though he takes a lot less beatings from his opponents running behind that line at belfry.

Kid?

Well get out of here and talk about Dixon in an appropriate thread. The only thing that's been stolen is this thread.
Actually.....I didn’t bring him into the conversation....another poster did....then you made the snide comment “kid?”    It is what it is.
(12-14-2021, 09:35 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 12:51 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: If he decides to play baseball you will eat your words on this one and it’s okay because you just don’t know. Kid can throw a football 60 yards. He stepped on a baseball field after not playing in many years and put 7/10 balls to the warning track. I have been around athletics for quite a few years and he’s the biggest freak athlete I’ve ever seen in person. Should see him bowl too. Pretty impressive.

Kid?

Actually.....I didn’t bring him into the conversation....another poster did....then you made the snide comment “kid?”    It is what it is.

Is he or is he not an adult? Be honest
(12-14-2021, 11:50 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 02:53 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Kid?

See....here you go again.  You’re still wanting to talk about Dixon ??.  Dude.....you’re obsessed.   Make up your mind.
(12-15-2021, 12:50 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 11:50 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 06:41 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: We call him grandpa......does that make you happy?   I've been around this board for a long, long time.....I've not seen too many as butt hurt as you over Dixon...or any other player for that matter.    What did he do....steal your girlfriend  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

See....here you go again.  You’re still wanting to talk about Dixon ??.  Dude.....you’re obsessed.   Make up your mind.

The rare space followed by ??.
So we still talking about Magoffin County in this thread or naw?? ??‍♂️??‍♂️
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old_Trojan's post:
  • wolfcat
Back to what I was saying Magoffin went 6-4 this year I’d say they are a good coaching hire away from being highly competitive. Johnson central went like 1-10 the year before Matney. Paintsville was the same way before Chiricho I pretty sure at one point 20 players was all that had come out.
Coaching hires are so important to the success of a program. I see most programs going through the process on a regular basis to only end up going through the same process again and again. Good luck.
(12-14-2021, 06:50 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 02:03 AM)Hi Gold River Wrote: Not what I said at all, Dixon has a trait that most everyone lacks. That’s Physicality. I was stating in my original post and I’ll stand by it Aidan Barnett is the best straight up just athlete in the 15th region. He actually is the reigning leading scorer in basketball in the region as a freshman. No but Barnett would start at Belfry and be a key player. If Dixon went to Magoffin he wouldn’t have done much more than Barnett though he takes a lot less beatings from his opponents running behind that line at belfry.

Kid?
I usually don’t agree with some stuff james posts, as I am 100% for the 5th year seniors. But I’m just tired of hearing about Dixon this is a dang Magoffin County thread Dixon wasn’t even mentioned once till the Belfry faithful saw an opening. Maybe once Jack Sivori wins Mr.Football this nonsense will die down.
This didn’t age well.
Can we drop all of the Dixon talk? I’m ecstatic he won Mr. Football. Idc if he was a “Super Senior” or not. This is a very important hire for Magoffin County football right now, especially with the middle school and 5-6 grade groups they have coming up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • wolfcat
(12-15-2021, 10:14 PM)Redneck Wrote: Can we drop all of the Dixon talk? I’m ecstatic he won Mr. Football. Idc if he was a “Super Senior” or not. This is a very important hire for Magoffin County football right now, especially with the middle school and 5-6 grade groups they have coming up.
Okay then why did the MS politely decline to play their varsity against Belfry MS JV team? If the talent is that good, why are they turning these games down? And before you deny, I know for a fact that this happened.
(12-16-2021, 12:27 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 10:14 PM)Redneck Wrote: Can we drop all of the Dixon talk? I’m ecstatic he won Mr. Football. Idc if he was a “Super Senior” or not. This is a very important hire for Magoffin County football right now, especially with the middle school and 5-6 grade groups they have coming up.
Okay then why did the MS politely decline to play their varsity against Belfry MS JV team? If the talent is that good, why are they turning these games down? And before you deny, I know for a fact that this happened.
Oh my god I was blind but now I see, you belfry people are ridiculous i don’t care if you all played Ft Highlands (and I hate them) I’d be wearing a dang bluebird shirt. Go away man he didn’t even mention middle school or BELFREY. Honestly how can you guys even be proud of this state championship this year you all got beat to death any time you played somebody not to mention the softest defense in the state Lawrence county held you guys to 21hahahhahha…. 3A was weaker than the Divison  3 8th grade middle school tournament. Isn’t it time time go recruit some more men from WV to come play. Belfry athletics recruits harder than Kentucky. It’s not like other schools kids don’t just come because they are attracted to the coach and team, they are literally recruited from West Virginia. all you gotta do is take a look at the basketball roster. Kuir got smart and left or well his agent did.
I can’t deny something that I know nothing about lol. What are you even talking about? I know nothing about any varsity team you speak of. The only varsity team I know of at Magoffin is the actually varsity team, grades 9-12. The middle school team, the ONLY middle school team that Magoffin had only had about 25 players, and 8-10 of those players were 6th graders dressed out standing on the sidelines.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • Gold River
(12-16-2021, 02:05 AM)Redneck Wrote:
I can’t deny something that I know nothing about lol. What are you even talking about? I know nothing about any varsity team you speak of. The only varsity team I know of at Magoffin is the actually varsity team, grades 9-12. The middle school team, the ONLY middle school team that Magoffin had only had about 25 players, and 8-10 of those players were 6th graders dressed out standing on the sidelines.
You just claimed this great talent pool that’s in middle school. Claiming nobody knows anything about what’s going on in magoffin co. So I brought up a point that they have turned down multiple games with Belfry at the middle school level over the last few years. So how good is that talent really if they’re not willing to play anybody?

(12-16-2021, 01:11 AM)Gold River Wrote:
Oh my god I was blind but now I see, you belfry people are ridiculous i don’t care if you all played Ft Highlands (and I hate them) I’d be wearing a dang bluebird shirt. Go away man he didn’t even mention middle school or BELFREY. Honestly how can you guys even be proud of this state championship this year you all got beat to death any time you played somebody not to mention the softest defense in the state Lawrence county held you guys to 21hahahhahha…. 3A was weaker than the Divison  3 8th grade middle school tournament. Isn’t it time time go recruit some more men from WV to come play. Belfry athletics recruits harder than Kentucky. It’s not like other schools kids don’t just come because they are attracted to the coach and team, they are literally recruited from West Virginia. all you gotta do is take a look at the basketball roster. Kuir got smart and left or well his agent did.
I wouldn’t leave now for any amount of money in the world. I wanna be friends with you. Lol
(12-16-2021, 09:20 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
You just claimed this great talent pool that’s in middle school. Claiming nobody knows anything about what’s going on in magoffin co. So I brought up a point that they have turned down multiple games with Belfry at the middle school level over the last few years. So how good is that talent really if they’re not willing to play anybody?

I wouldn’t leave now for any amount of money in the world. I wanna be friends with you. Lol
I don’t recall me telling anyone that they didn’t know what’s going on at Magoffin. As for the kids, we do have a very good group. The plan for next year is to become a member of the KMSFA instead of playing in the conference they have been playing in.
(12-16-2021, 09:37 AM)Redneck Wrote:

I don’t recall me telling anyone that they didn’t know what’s going on at Magoffin. As for the kids, we do have a very good group. The plan for next year is to become a member of the KMSFA instead of playing in the conference they have been playing in.
My apologies I just have confused you with gold river.
(12-16-2021, 09:54 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 09:37 AM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 12:27 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: Okay then why did the MS politely decline to play their varsity against Belfry MS JV team? If the talent is that good, why are they turning these games down? And before you deny, I know for a fact that this happened.

(12-16-2021, 12:27 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: Okay then why did the MS politely decline to play their varsity against Belfry MS JV team? If the talent is that good, why are they turning these games down? And before you deny, I know for a fact that this happened.
My apologies I just have confused you with gold river.

I get it. I confused Dixon with old man River. It happens.
I believe you two need to get a hotel room.

Any news on Magoffin?
(12-16-2021, 11:50 AM)wolfcat Wrote: I believe you two need to get a hotel room.

Any news on Magoffin?

We are just waiting to see which applicant has the strongest local political ties. Should be announced soon.
(12-16-2021, 12:26 PM)jamesclay Wrote: We are just waiting to see which applicant has the strongest local political ties. Should be announced soon.
This is disturbingly accurate. :D
[-] The following 1 user Likes MissingBallot's post:
  • jamesclay
(12-16-2021, 11:50 AM)wolfcat Wrote: I believe you two need to get a hotel room.

Any news on Magoffin?
I know they interviewed Derosett yesterday. Haven’t heard about any of the others.
(12-16-2021, 04:53 PM)Redneck Wrote:

Any news on Magoffin?
I know they interviewed Derosett yesterday. Haven’t heard about any of the others.
I hope he gets it and has the craziest successful run ever and everyone talking feces, eats it.
(12-16-2021, 05:13 PM)Gold River Wrote:

Any news on Magoffin?
I hope he gets it and has the craziest successful run ever and everyone talking feces, eats it.
I agree with you, I would like to see DeRossett get this job.  I also have heard one of his former Players from the 01 State Runner-up team and former assistant applied and interviewed.  Not sure the name but heard this earlier this afternoon.   Woah
(12-16-2021, 05:13 PM)Gold River Wrote:

Any news on Magoffin?
No. Chance…what will happen and you can remind me if I’m wrong…Derossett hired..schedule a breezy schedule win 6-7 get crushed in playoffs..within 2 years pi$$ enough people off to run off kids and make admin restless…then when the fallout happens is will be how dirty the admin did him and how everyone is out to get him .. you know the woe is me story we got in Floyd county…but as I stated before he could very well be the best one to apply and if that’s the case then why not roll the dice.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next