Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region
clay will beat middlesboro...promise u that, clay is stacked an i watched them play tonight an they will be tough to beat
...an bell is NOT a bad team idk where u are gettin ur info from but u need to watch them b4 u put them down because im tellin you they are not no push over team
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:I remember Thomas Epperson hitting two to center field and Timmy Helton hitting one bomb to right. I do not remember any homeruns to left, nor do I remember Clay County hitting any in their game against Middlesboro.

And seriously, a sprained knew happens in every sport. People tear their ACLs in basketball all the time, does that mean anything was wrong with the floor? Of course not. And therapy for a couple of weeks? Really? Surely you're not thinking that is a serious injury right?

Basketball floors do not have drainage ditches, and that is what he stepped in. I know of no other fields with a ditch either. Just face it your baseball and football fields suck, your gym is not much either so you need to just give it up on other school's facilities. It is obvious that Laurel and Whitley County schools have superior facilities.

You obviously only watch Middlesboro games and have a very poor memory so no use arguing with you, but Clay hit 5 homeruns to left in the tourney. Tanner Hensley hit three out to left. Clay hit 4 homeruns in the championship game against Corbin. I also remember Smith from North Laurel hitting a pop up that went out in left.

By the way it appears your scrorer is very liberal on the hits for Middlesboro and errors for the opponent, so don't get so wrapped up in hits as only runs win games.
I've never seen Middlesboro's baseball field, and I could really care less about it OR their past championships. Middlesboro has no chance against Clay County, whether they're playing in Yankee Stadium or in the middle of an old cow pasture. I'm sure Middlesboro will put that nice field, locker room, and batting cages to good use...in the off-season...after they are beat out of regionals
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:I remember Thomas Epperson hitting two to center field and Timmy Helton hitting one bomb to right. I do not remember any homeruns to left, nor do I remember Clay County hitting any in their game against Middlesboro.

And seriously, a sprained knew happens in every sport. People tear their ACLs in basketball all the time, does that mean anything was wrong with the floor? Of course not. And therapy for a couple of weeks? Really? Surely you're not thinking that is a serious injury right?

clay county still beat middlesboro. And it's easy to hit bombs when you play in a little league field.
jed Wrote:Living in the past , like a lot of us Clay County Basketball fans. Try to live in the present.

You obviously were not at the Corbin game when Travis Smith went back after a fly ball and stepped into it and his knee buckled putting him out of the game and into therapy for a few weeks . Clay's left fielder also stepped into it coming in after a flyball causing a knee strain although he continued to play.

As for the left field fence, is that why it looked like a homerun derby during the region last year. It seemed that every fly ball ended up as a homerun in left field.

jsa Wrote:clay county still beat middlesboro. And it's easy to hit bombs when you play in a little league field.

This coming from someone that plays at Clay? Really? You all have quite the short porch as well.

And what most hillbillies around here always forget about when using that argument is that they played on the same field that night. That's right, when your big ace, Griffin, was pitching and we hit 3 HRs against you and you all didn't hit any against us, we were playing on the same field. The depth of the field is a moot point in this argument.

How are those little league lights working out for you all?
Couple notes:
Travis Smith's knee last year in the title game scared the crap out of me. He was backing up and just crumbled. Don't have a clue if the surface had anything to do with it, but it very well could have.
About the Clay/Middlesboro argument is that it really didn't matter who hit the most bombs, who won the game? And no I'm not a Clay fan.
As far as I'm concerned Clay is the heavy favorite and everyone else is a notch or 2 below right now. Clay just seems like a total package to me and it will take an almost perfect game for someone in the 13th to beat them in the tournament this year when you factor in their arms and mainly their Offensive Firepower. They are a team to me that you truly can't give away anything in order to beat them.
As for Middlesboro they are also very talented, but I believe they are in the Harlan County, Corbin, North/South Laurel, Knox tier. Nothing wrong with that, Clay is just pretty darn good.
Clay can be beat. But it will take a dandy of a performance offensively and defensively from the above mentioned teams IMO.
I agree with your analysis. I never said Clay wasn't the favorite, in fact, I said just the opposite on multiple occasions. My argument was that they could be beaten by a number of teams in the region and I personally think MHS is very capable of beating them.

As are KC with King on the mound, HC with Boggs, and NL with a number of pitchers.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:This coming from someone that plays at Clay? Really? You all have quite the short porch as well.

And what most hillbillies around here always forget about when using that argument is that they played on the same field that night. That's right, when your big ace, Griffin, was pitching and we hit 3 HRs against you and you all didn't hit any against us, we were playing on the same field. The depth of the field is a moot point in this argument.

Who won the game? Pretty sure it was Clay.
As for the Hillbilly comment, where exactly do you live. Is Middlesbore a metropolis now? You can look in a dictionary if you do not know what is means.

I don't think anyone from Clay was on hear saying anything about Middlesboro's field until you kept saying how much of a sand pit it was. Our point was that Middlesboro's field is no better if not worse. We are willing to admit we do not have the best facilities but you have drank too much of the Middlesboro koolaid to see anything negative about anything to do with Middlesboro.

As for our little league lights, they are doing fine for us. Just ask anybody that has played us so far. I would be willing to bet they would much rather play Middlesboro with your best guy on the mound than us with any of our top 3.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:I agree with your analysis. I never said Clay wasn't the favorite, in fact, I said just the opposite on multiple occasions. My argument was that they could be beaten by a number of teams in the region and I personally think MHS is very capable of beating them.

As are KC with King on the mound, HC with Boggs, and NL with a number of pitchers.

MHS Parent4Life Wrote:This coming from someone that plays at Clay? Really? You all have quite the short porch as well.

Just wait till may 3rd
Clay measured out at 320 to the left pole and 312 to the right pole. 320 is much greater than 290. Clay's lights are bad, but they get the job done. As to the ace, Griffin wasn't the ace. The ace came in and shut the door. Griffin is a good pitcher, but all 5 that Clay will use are good too, and a freshman that is developing faster than expected.
Why did Middlesboro refuse to play on their own field against Clay tonight. The game was moves to LMU.

Are they afraid of Clay's power on that short field of theirs or is their field in such poor condition as they say?

Either way, it appears one Middlesboro parent must be feeling low as he was mighty proud of those same Middlesboro facilities when on here bashing Clay and their field.

Where are you, my fairweather friend?
The lip on the infield at M'boro is terrible! It is a good 3-4 inches and when a ball hits it, it can be really dangerous for the infielder in front of it. I would rather play on Clays field 3-1 times. Safety is definantly and issue with M'boro field.
Jed , I will tell you why we are playing there......because we want to. If you don't want to come over, stay home.
Hitters_Count Wrote:The lip on the infield at M'boro is terrible! It is a good 3-4 inches and when a ball hits it, it can be really dangerous for the infielder in front of it. I would rather play on Clays field 3-1 times. Safety is definantly and issue with M'boro field.

You can stay at the house the next time you are to play here also. All you guys are crying about fields. Grow a pair.
Shelby1 Wrote:Jed , I will tell you why we are playing there......because we want to. If you don't want to come over, stay home.

Don't worry, we will be there. Can't wait to get there. I just can't figure out why you would not want to play on that great field of yours. Per MHSparentforlife you have a great facility.

This would not be one and the same would it, you seem to have the same tone as the missing superfan.

Have you played any other games at LMU. Per one local fan, he says not, but that is only heresay.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:No doubt, Middlesboro's school system doesn't support them enough. However, at least they care enough about the sport to build them a field. It must be terrible for Clay County players to not even have their own field, seeing as though it is a city field. Heck, up to about 10 years ago, they didn't even have a grass infield.

Have you been to Middlesboro's field this season? Probably not, which means you haven't even seen the place since they put down all new grass or added indoor batting cages. Also, their players have their own 600 square foot locker room and two outdoor batting cages as well. Clay has none of these, nor does anyone else in the region besides Whitley, Corbin, or South Laurel.

Not to mention their dugouts dwarf most dugouts in the region, especially Clay, and they have a brick backstop. How many other teams in the region have a brick backstop? You can count them on one hand.

How many other schools have a field tarp like Middlesboro?

Not only is Middlesboro's field way better than Clay's sandbox, but it is above average in our region.

There you go Shelby. You have one of the better fields in the region, why not use.
Looks like the field issue is irrelevant....Clay just tagged one on Middlesboro!!! Way to go Tigers!!!!!
Quote:You can stay at the house the next time you are to play here also. All you guys are crying about fields. Grow a pair.
I was merely making a statement of the obvious. The fact is, there is a safety issue when playing at M'boro. Growing a pair has nothing to do with stating an opinion, that is the comeback of a child who needs to mature.
I told everyone in an earlier post, I'm tired of hearing about fields. MHSparent I am not. If you recall, I said if you don't like the field you are welcome to come and help the coach fix it. If it was Clay's or Middlesboro's. Get off the computer and do something productive.

As for the game Wilson is not only a great catcher , but can throw a monster fastball for high school....great player. Clay hitting the fast ball is outstanding. I believe they are the best in the region. Can they be beat.... it will probally take a GOOD junk baller to do it. First time I have seen them, can they field .....I don't know Mboro only had one hit (by the way it was a hit not a check swing......) It is Clay's to lose.

Mboro needs to take the rest of this season and get ready for district play, Bell will be ready for them.

HC please stop complaining about fields...I can find something wrong with all fields in this area even yours.
Shelby1 Wrote:I told everyone in an earlier post, I'm tired of hearing about fields. MHSparent I am not. If you recall, I said if you don't like the field you are welcome to come and help the coach fix it. If it was Clay's or Middlesboro's. Get off the computer and do something productive.

As for the game Wilson is not only a great catcher , but can throw a monster fastball for high school....great player. Clay hitting the fast ball is outstanding. I believe they are the best in the region. Can they be beat.... it will probally take a GOOD junk baller to do it. First time I have seen them, can they field .....I don't know Mboro only had one hit (by the way it was a hit not a check swing......) It is Clay's to lose.

Mboro needs to take the rest of this season and get ready for district play, Bell will be ready for them.

HC please stop complaining about fields...I can find something wrong with all fields in this area even yours.

yes it was a hit , but also on a check swing.

Where is the missing MHSparentforlife. Was he at the game last night?
To be honest, I do not know who that is. If I did I would tell you if he was there.

We will have to disagree on the hit.....TD made a full swing on the ball. Didn't get around on the ball, which sent it between 1st and 2nd. But complete swing. Doesn't matter. Clay was impressive at the plate and Wilson as well. Again, Clay is the overwhelming favorite to win the region.

We will have to play one at time and get better.
Shelby1 Wrote:To be honest, I do not know who that is. If I did I would tell you if he was there.

We will have to disagree on the hit.....TD made a full swing on the ball. Didn't get around on the ball, which sent it between 1st and 2nd. But complete swing. Doesn't matter. Clay was impressive at the plate and Wilson as well. Again, Clay is the overwhelming favorite to win the region.

We will have to play one at time and get better.

Fair enough

Good luck for the rest of the season

You seem to be level headed. I just like giving the parentforlife a hard time as he seems out of touch with reality.
Did Wilson pitch in this game?
Remember that middlesboro split with both harlan county and knox in which the losing harlan county game there was a questionable call and in the knox county game middlesboro did not throw one of there top pitchers because they were trying to save arms......i think that they are better than both knox and harlan county
nedreader Wrote:Did Wilson pitch in this game?
Yes. I think he had 13 K's in 5 innings. Maybe 12. That gives him 24 or 23 K's in his last 9 innings. That's aganist Corbin and Middlesboro. Pretty solid!
actually Wilson only had 11 strike outs 6-swinging and 5-looking but still as you said very solid
The list of excuses is never ending!!!
Jacket Thunder Wrote:Remember that middlesboro split with both harlan county and knox in which the losing harlan county game there was a questionable call and in the knox county game middlesboro did not throw one of there top pitchers because they were trying to save arms......i think that they are better than both knox and harlan county

You people never stop making excuses. Give it a rest for a little while, and this whole board wouldn't give you so much heck. Every time Middlesboro loses it is because of a "questionable call" or "throwing off" or the Crater is full of water. Harlan County beat Middlesboro once and Middlesboro beat Harlan County once shouldn't it be left at that? Pretty much the same play happened in the first HC/Middlesboro game with the HC batter being called out. End of discussion. Find out in a couple weeks if Middlesboro is better than HC. And we will find out if Middlesboro can beat Clay or whoever else shortly. Good luck the rest of the way to all 13th region teams.
TigerFanForLife Wrote:The list of excuses is never ending!!!

Didn't you know:

"It's not if you win or lose, but how you lay the blame"........
Middlesboro is the #1 seed in this district. Speaks for itself. I do worry about the district we have lost several players ...maybe for the season. We must play very well to beat Bell.

HC must have really pushed the Bell penality. Bell had to forfeit all their games? HC wanted to play Harlan Ind. instead of Bell.