Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottie Russell has resigned as head football coach at Knox Central
Dave Mitchell is available.
Has the job ever been posted?
redrocket Wrote:Has the job ever been posted?

No.

It will likely be posted Monday/Tuesday.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:No.

It will likely be posted Monday/Tuesday.

Hmmmm, makes me wonder about what is going on.

Most schools don't fire or not rehire till after the football championships, so a lot of possible candidates will not even be available until Monday or Tuesday.

If you are promoting from within, then you don't have to post it. If they were giving serious consideration to any coaches currently in the system then they would not have to post it all. So that may be why they waited this long after his resignation to post it....they have for all intents and purposes eliminated any and all coaches on the staff of Coach Russell.

You can start reading between the lines at anytime........

Now you can start by guess outside of the system.
I wouldn't read into the lines at all. There are programs every year that hire from within, yet still post the job. Now, as to why they are waiting until next week to do it? Who knows.

With last week being Thanksgiving, and a more or less lost week of school w/ almost all being out from W-F..chalk that week up as non existent.

Knox got beat in the first round, and then he didn't resign until later in the week of the 2nd round correct? So, truth be told..all that was really "lost" was a week.

Oldham County has been posted for three weeks and are interviewing some next week, but aren't scheduled to make a hire until Christmas Break.

Bethlehem's job posting even said they were going to take all the time they needed to make the best hire. They want to hire before Spring Practice, but aren't making it a must.

I'd say Knox fully realizes it's the end of the first semester, and have had plans not to do anything until Christmas Break as is...which is common with openings this time of year.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Hmmmm, makes me wonder about what is going on.

Most schools don't fire or not rehire till after the football championships, so a lot of possible candidates will not even be available until Monday or Tuesday.

If you are promoting from within, then you don't have to post it. If they were giving serious consideration to any coaches currently in the system then they would not have to post it all. So that may be why they waited this long after his resignation to post it....they have for all intents and purposes eliminated any and all coaches on the staff of Coach Russell.

You can start reading between the lines at anytime........

Now you can start by guess outside of the system.

I could be wrong, but unless it's somebody with community ties...I don't see anybody at a good program w/ a good set up leaving their current post for Knox. Again, I could be wrong, but I don't know that it's one of "those" jobs.
FLAD

You mention Oldham County and Bethleham those are two schools that are not as dysfunctional as Knox Central, remember this is the county where they had a school board member who did not even have a GED.

I think they stumbled on two good coaches in Wayne Mills and Scottie Russell, even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then. Just look at their history, and the best indicator of future performance is past performance.

My crystal ball says they will flirt with a good coach or two and they will figure out pretty quickly how crazy Knox County is and flee to other jobs, and lets face it Knox County is not a garden spot of Kentucky. I figure the Panther Nation will end up with some guy who has some political connections and Knox will settle back into mediocrity.:igiveup:
Well said
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
At every turn I hear the same name, Elam. Things could be very different in this county next year with coaches.
Madness Wrote:At every turn I hear the same name, Elam. Things could be very different in this county next year with coaches.

Elam might be a fine man and a fine coach. Like I said way earlier in this thread...I know nothing about him. If Elam is a SMART man, then he will eye this job from all angles to cover himself and his family. I'm talking guarantees (job years/money) in a contract in case he is uprooting his family or selling his house etc. to move to Barbourville. I say this because I have been told by people close to Scotty that he didn't see it coming and now Scotty has boot prints on the backside of his frontside. And it sounds like some of the bootprints came from the familiar feet of people that he thought were his friends. And I don't care what ANY of you say, my opinion is he is a good and sound coach.
Things could be VERY different there next year. Only two directions for the program to head though in the long run. Five years from now...it will be an "I told you so" from me or a crow dinner for me.
He lives across from Knox Central High School. No move, and no house selling involved. Kids go to Knox and plays for Knox, from what I gather.