•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2017
I agree. Could be a massive issue for teams to deal with his arm and feet. His biggest issue has always been contact. He has a history of not being physical enough. If he gets over that hurdle LOOK OUT.
I don't believe anyone should sleep on Raceland any year. They may be young but the last thing teams need to do is overlook Raceland by thinking it's a "rebuilding" year.

Hoping Black gets the nod at QB. With either one, I would like to see Raceland implement more designed QB runs. I think experience with the offense should get Black the job if Raceland wants to compete more this year. Let the other kid backup and start JV all year getting the hang of the offense and he can take the job next year.
The "Rock Garden Ring of Death" now has a Bermuda surface. Should look real nice by the time the first game rolls around
I was worried. About 3 weeka ago it looked like a cow pasture in mid july. Just a few places had enough grass to see from 23. Went by this weekend and its starting to fill in quickly. Way past due and they got a great deal from a quality company. Glad to see it finally happen.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:The "Rock Garden Ring of Death" now has a Bermuda surface. Should look real nice by the time the first game rolls around

Thank goodness! I remember playing on it a few years ago. I had always saw Raceland travel real well, have success, etc. I was a kid (didn't understand $) and was like okay they must be big time. As a freshman I go to play our 7 on 7 tournament there and I'm like wow this is pretty advanced for a practice field, fast forward to the regular season and it was no practice field! But we got whooped on that field!

With that new grass, Raceland has a super nice place now.
Glad to hear about new turf for Raceland Confusederiously:
They have always had good turf in the corners of the endzones.
Coupon21 Wrote:They have always had good turf in the corners of the endzones.

it aint funny! :redboxer:
Coupon21 Wrote:They have always had good turf in the corners of the endzones.

How would you know what's in the corner of the endzones , you guys never make it that far
anotherfootballnut Wrote:How would you know what's in the corner of the endzones , you guys never make it that far

:thatsfunn
anotherfootballnut Wrote:How would you know what's in the corner of the endzones , you guys never make it that far

Bahahahahahaha
Still no drainage. Is that right?
Not yet but will be done next. Has to be done in phases due to funding.
Some drainage work was done or atleast to some extent, but like 98 said, nothing major has been done. But, aftet that huge amount of rain we got awhile back, there was only twl spots holding water that were of any significance. One around the 5 or 10 yd line on the south endzone toward the visitors side and one in the north endzone on the home side. Looks like they have done really good work. Looking foward to seeing it all lined up and ready for kick off soon.
They are coming back in to fill in low spots and re-seed any trouble areas. it has to be cut every 48hrs.
Its already light years ahead of where it was lol. I think u could put a swimming pool in the south endzone underneath the goal post and itd bmstill be in better shape lol.
Looked very inconsistent in the 7 on 7. That OL better be ready to run block early on. I expect to see Cam Webb used more in the running game this year as well.another name that can make a big impact if he stays healthy is Hunter Lacks. Great athlete and hard nosed kid. Just been very injury prone through the last few years. If he stays healthy it's another weapon in the run game and a great defender in the secondary. Hopefully the kinks get worked out in the passing game. Can't be one demensional in the playoffs and against the better teams on the schedule. Friday night lights are fast approaching fellers!
As fans this is a team that we will need to be patient with. We have had strong teams for several years now and it has been a while since we have had a true rebuilding year. We are bringing back some talent but the experience that we lost in several key positions will be very hard to replace. Many of the players this year will be first year starters and I expect it to take at least the first half of the season for many of these players to really settle into their new roles. As a fan base it is important not only to support this team but to also realize that the Rams may not be as strong as we have seen in the past few years and not to be overly critical if they do not perform at the level that we have seen over the past few years.
I agree blaze. This is the first year we have had to fill key positions all over the depth chart. It's going to take time for things to mesh together. I know they reported to team camp yesterday evening. Anyone have any numbers?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree blaze. This is the first year we have had to fill key positions all over the depth chart. It's going to take time for things to mesh together. I know they reported to team camp yesterday evening. Anyone have any numbers?

63 on the roster as of now.
Rams will be fine, plenty of talent 16 seniors and 16 juniors that's not to shabby. Some of them have been waiting behind last years group for 3 years it's time for them to be the man. I know Ram fans are very passionate just have to be patience early on but by playoff time they will be ready to make a run
That's kind of my thinking. Another advantage this group has is a little bit of lowered expectations bc this is the closest to a rebuilding year that we have had in quite sometime. Some lumps early, but this team could really be clicking well come Oct. and primed to make a run.
This team can open up with a win over Lawerence will be a solid win to open the season.
Redone field looks nice. Actually looks like a real field.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good Luck to the rams this year except for the last game of the regular season.:devilflam
Thoughts after watching team camp is the defense will be real good , team speed really impressed me. I don't think they will be able to score as quickly as in the past but I do think the Rams will have a improved running game much improved
Much faster across the board. A little smaller, but just as strong. Passing game looks very inconsistent. Very downhill looking team though. A little more ground and pound looks like to me and try to open things up over the top.
I really hope raceland sticks to what's working and not get cute on some of its play calls as many have said for a few years. If the run game is what the strength will be hopefully they adjust the offense to it. Last year they were solid at both and made them very hard to defend.
Watched the final intersquad scrimmage tonight. Offensively A few names really impressed me. The teams seemed to be split up fairly evenly with a mix of the 1s and 2s among the varsity kids. If Dalton Adkins was the kid wearing number 2 for the black team, then welcome to Raceland son. Very good athelete. Great hands at Y and will be a great addition to the secondary. Not quite as thick as Cherry was, but quicker footed and looks like he will be a good threat across the middle. Gideon looked good running the slant and it seemed like he and Damon had a nice chemistry with it he also runs more like a RB after he makes the catch. Run game looked a little sloppy, but I'm not worried about it bc the starting OL was split up. But Judd Adkins and Hunter Lacks both showed some good umprovement in their size and getting downhill. Damon, again looked very athletic and seemed like he is trying to stay in the pocket with his eyes down field rather than looking to run when the first read wasn't there. I felt he is showing umprovement. Tyus looked good at OT and Fairchild at RG is a solid couple horses to run behind and returning center Cole Tanner, it was business as usual. Good snap and gets iff the ball very well. As for the under classmen, Landon Mauk looked good at OT, DT, and DE. Good footwork on defense, but got burnt a few times at OT, but this is the first year he has played the position, moving from FB/TE, but should provide another body to at least spell the starters. Brandon Elkins looked solid at DE as well. These kids stepping up is key to our depth. Gunner Lewis had a nice catch for a td. That kid is fast. With Cam, Dalton, and Gideon, , there is no shortage of speed and dependable guys at WR. Adding gunner to the mix only more solidifies that position. Noah Davidson looked solid as well at DT, looks like he has been working in his feet, seemed much more agile. Ty us will be a force off the edge on opposing QBS at DE. Alot stronger and quicker than he was a year ago. Fairchild will be a run stopper for sure and the whole secondary is faster and stronger this year.

Defensively, I think we are fine and should be good enough to keep us in ball games early on, as long as they aren't on the field all the time. Offensively, still a ways to go, but the talent is most certainly there. It's just a matter of meshing it all together.
Special teams, it looks like Lemaster has mastered that kick to around the 10 or so yard line in the corner, with nice air under it, so I expect that to be a little better this year. Hard to say what the return game will look like but with Gunner, Hunter, Judd, and Cam, we definitely have the guys that can get us into good field position in that regaurd. No where near where we were at this point the last few years, but I feel a little better about how we will look early on. Just gotta be patient and whether the youthful storm.

I say 6-4/7-3 regular season with some momentum and peaking going in in the playoffs. This team reminds me a little of the 2007 team. A team that often gets left out of conversations because of it being between the 06 and 08 teams. No matter thencase, football is finally back on Friday nights in Ram Country!!
3 to 4 wins
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next