Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
67.86%
Johnson Central
32.14%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Johnson Central 8/20
From everthing that I read and hear. JC and improved and Boyle has a better Defense than last year. If that is the case then JC should not score any more points than last year. The question then is BC offense against JC defense. The Hale kids is a good QB, he throws a tight ball and is really accurate with his passes. If JC defense has improved then it will be a good game.:redboxer: If not and BC passes the ball more and Hale as a good passing game then I will go with BC 38-7. I think this is Hales first game as a start I am not for sure. Does anybody know?:rockon:
Sorry for some of the spelling, my kids are all over me.
I think jc scrimmaged Whitley co tonight. Does anyone have details
sawmill Wrote:I think jc scrimmaged Whitley co tonight. Does anyone have details

JC held Whitley to 0 points and put up 36 or so when i left the game. JC passing game looked really impressive and so much so that i almost couldn't believe my eyes. JC power running attack was not showcased as much cause the pass was so impressive. Looked like a completely different team. Gave me some renewed hope for our championship hopes. Great night for Eagle fans.
Looked pretty good..nice crowd too for a scrimmage.
I'll be pulling for JC, but I think Boyle will be too much at the end. I'll take the Rebels by a touchdown or two.

Best of luck to both!
I think it going to a close game with not much scoring,Boyle 14-7.JMO
My first prediction was Boyle 28-JC 7,now im leaning more towards Boyle 35-JC 7.after looking at last years stats Boyle had 401 total yds.JC had 102 total yds.i just dont think the gap has closed that much between the 2 teams. of course i could be wrong,but i dont think so.:Thumbs:
I don't expect any team to hold JC under 20 points in Paintsville this season. Matney has had more than a year to prepare for this game and months to motivate his team for a rematch.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't expect any team to hold JC under 20 points in Paintsville this season. Matney has had more than a year to prepare for this game and months to motivate his team for a rematch.

How do you like your crow? :biggrin:

I'm only kidding. I do think Boyle County can and I think that they will. Only time will tell. :Thumbs:
BoyleCounty Wrote:How do you like your crow? :biggrin:

I'm only kidding. I do think Boyle County can and I think that they will. Only time will tell. :Thumbs:
There will be many more servings of crow dished out if Boyle gives up 20 points or even loses. Boyle had a great defense last season but the Rebels did give up 22 to a mediocre Rockcastle team. If JC takes care of the ball, they will hang with Boyle County.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There will be many more servings of crow dished out if Boyle gives up 20 points or even loses. Boyle had a great defense last season but the Rebels did give up 22 to a mediocre Rockcastle team. If JC takes care of the ball, they will hang with Boyle County.

Yes but I did say I would give credit where credit is due. I also noted that I would eat crow if Boyle County loses. So IF Boyle County does lose or give up 20 points then I will get on here and tell you I'm wrong. As bad as I would hate to do that I would be willing to. :biggrin:
BoyleCounty Wrote:Yes but I did say I would give credit where credit is due. I also noted that I would eat crow if Boyle County loses. So IF Boyle County does lose or give up 20 points then I will get on here and tell you I'm wrong. As bad as I would hate to do that I would be willing to. :biggrin:
I am not playing Friday night and I am not making any wild predictions. I don't expect JC to be held under 20 points this season but I am not the one making guarantees.

Boyle County will be starting a new quarterback and lost more players than the Golden Eagles, including most of its offense. JC returns nearly all of its key offensive players, including its starting quarterback and one of the top running backs in the state.

The predictions that Boyle will hold Johnson Central to under 100 yards rushing and under 10 points strike me as pretty far fetched. The posters who made those wild predictions are going to look pretty foolish if JC wins or scores 30 points.

I am just hoping that JC gives itself a chance to win by limiting its turnovers and not giving Boyle County great field position all night long. Winning or losing their opening game is not going to make or break either team's season. Both teams will be in the hunt for a state championship a few months from now.
Unless JC is a 1000 times better than last year i think they would have to play Boyle 3 games to score 20 pts.im not gonna tell ya how great Boyles offense will be cause im unsure,but i can tell ya thier defense will be one of the best you have seen at the high school level.unless JC has overhauled thier offense,and become a very good passing team over night they will have serious problems moving the football at all against Boyles defense.much less scoring 20 pts friday night.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There will be many more servings of crow dished out if Boyle gives up 20 points or even loses. Boyle had a great defense last season but the Rebels did give up 22 to a mediocre Rockcastle team. If JC takes care of the ball, they will hang with Boyle County.

Yep.

And that same Boyle defense held the vaunted Bobcats of Bell County to UNDER 100 yards rushing in the semi-finals. Something now one else did to Bell all year. And Bell had NO turnovers. :biggrin:

The JC game last year was not a fluke based on fumbles. Boyle's defense as a whole was for real last year and with 7 returning will be again.

If Johnson Central wins I'll congratulate you and every other Golden Eagle fan. there will be no excuses of turnovers, the weather or whatever. Hope the same is said if the reverse occurs. :Thumbs:
Jack Lambert Wrote:Unless JC is a 1000 times better than last year i think they would have to play Boyle 3 games to score 20 pts.im not gonna tell ya how great Boyles offense will be cause im unsure,but i can tell ya thier defense will be one of the best you have seen at the high school level.unless JC has overhauled thier offense,and become a very good passing team over night they will have serious problems moving the football at all against Boyles defense.much less scoring 20 pts friday night.
Boast all you want, mister. The game will be history in less than a week and you can start the talking game over for week two. It seems like last year's 49-7 win has gone to the heads of some of the Boyle County faithful. If BC's players go to Paintsville on Friday with that same lack of humility, then they will go home losers. Confidence is great but some people definitely have got too much of a good thing here.:biggrin:

22 points was not scored on the first team defense. Rock scored a late TD on the JV. If JC sees Boyle's JV defense, it's not going to look good on the scoreboard for the Eagles. If Boyle plays their junior varsity and JC keeps their starters in I could see 22 scored on our D.
Rebel55 Wrote:22 points was not scored on the first team defense. Rock scored a late TD on the JV. If JC sees Boyle's JV defense, it's not going to look good on the scoreboard for the Eagles. If Boyle plays their junior varsity and JC keeps their starters in I could see 22 scored on our D.
If Boyle County is half as good as its fans' talk, then Johnson Central will be held to negative rushing yardage Friday night and our fans might as well just stay home. :lmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If Boyle County is half as good as its fans' talk, then Johnson Central will be held to negative rushing yardage Friday night and our fans might as well just stay home. :lmao:

Oh come on. This is just good clean conversation.

For the record, no one stated that Johnson Central would not get over 100 yards that I could see. If so then they are wrong. I expect Johnson Central to get over 100 yards. But I do not expect them to put over two touchdowns on Boyle County. There is no way anyone could persuade me to believe that. We will let the players do the talking. I'm in no way trying to down grade Johnson Central. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm going to stick by mine.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Boast all you want, mister. The game will be history in less than a week and you can start the talking game over for week two. It seems like last year's 49-7 win has gone to the heads of some of the Boyle County faithful. If BC's players go to Paintsville on Friday with that same lack of humility, then they will go home losers. Confidence is great but some people definitely have got too much of a good thing here.:biggrin:

I am basing my opinion not only on last years game,but the season as a whole.frankly JC just wasnt very good last year.if JC had came to Boyle last year and gave me a reason to be worried about Boyle losing i would be the first to admit it.you seem to be just as confident JC will win this game as i am that Boyle will win.if JC is so good then ill come home friday night with a different point of view,and will be the first to admit it.im just basing my opinion on facts of what level the two programs are on state wide,and i just dont think JC is at Boyles yet.i maybe wrong,and this maybe the year JC proves it.i can and will admit it if im wrong.good luck friday night.
Hatz Wrote:Yep.

And that same Boyle defense held the vaunted Bobcats of Bell County to UNDER 100 yards rushing in the semi-finals. Something now one else did to Bell all year. And Bell had NO turnovers. :biggrin:

The JC game last year was not a fluke based on fumbles. Boyle's defense as a whole was for real last year and with 7 returning will be again.

If Johnson Central wins I'll congratulate you and every other Golden Eagle fan. there will be no excuses of turnovers, the weather or whatever. Hope the same is said if the reverse occurs. :Thumbs:
Turnovers are part of the game and Johnson Central fumbled the ball away often early last season, so I agree that the fumbles against Boyle last season were no fluke. However, in the past four seasons, JC has been eliminated by the eventual 5 A champion three times, and in each of those games, the Golden Eagles moved the ball effectively on the ground. Many who follow the JC program closer than I do believe that this year's team will be the best offensive team that JC has ever fielded.

You seem unwilling or incapable of understanding that the team that BC routed early last season will not be the same one that they will be playing Friday night. A 42 point swing is a tall order from one season to the next but it has been done before. If Johnson Central manages to avoid turning the ball over more than two or three times, Boyle County's JV defense will not need to get loosened up.
Hatz Wrote:Yep.

Absolutely. At the end of the day there are no excuses. Johnson Central gets their shot at revenge and here it is but when the game is all said and done, there are NO excuses.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Oh come on. This is just good clean conversation.

For the record, no one stated that Johnson Central would not get over 100 yards that I could see. If so then they are wrong. I expect Johnson Central to get over 100 yards. But I do not expect them to put over two touchdowns on Boyle County. There is no way anyone could persuade me to believe that. We will let the players do the talking. I'm in no way trying to down grade Johnson Central. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm going to stick by mine.
For the record, they did....

Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyles offense will be more balenced this year.they will pass more than last year hale is a better QB than Boyle has had the last 2 years.as for JC moving the ball ill eat my hat if they have over a 100 yds of total offense against Boyles starting defense.:biggrin::biggrin:
Jack Lambert Wrote:I am basing my opinion not only on last years game,but the season as a whole.frankly JC just wasnt very good last year.if JC had came to Boyle last year and gave me a reason to be worried about Boyle losing i would be the first to admit it.you seem to be just as confident JC will win this game as i am that Boyle will win.if JC is so good then ill come home friday night with a different point of view,and will be the first to admit it.im just basing my opinion on facts of what level the two programs are on state wide,and i just dont think JC is at Boyles yet.i maybe wrong,and this maybe the year JC proves it.i can and will admit it if im wrong.good luck friday night.
If Johnson Central wins or rushes for more than 100 yards, you will not need to admit anything. Eating your hat will be quite sufficient. :biggrin:
I fully expect JC to be better than last year,but if you will go back over the last decade or so and look at how Boyles defense has shut down the run agaist everyone they have played.then you will understand why we believe nobody is going to move the ball on the ground against Boyles defense.teams that move the ball on us will have to be very balanced on offense.everyone in the state knows how run heavy JC is.you dont just decide to become balanced on offense,and become very good at it in one off season.im sure JC will have a good season,but idont think theyll beat Boyle friday,or score many points.no disrespect intended just my opinion.:Thumbs:
The way I see it, it really isn't that important how many rushing yards is gained by either team. As long as JC has more points on the board at the buzzer!! I'm not greedy, I'll take a win by a field goal lol
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If Johnson Central wins or rushes for more than 100 yards, you will not need to admit anything. Eating your hat will be quite sufficient. :biggrin:

If i have to eat my hat make sure its tender,and cooked medium well.:biggrin::biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:For the record, they did....

Congratulations. Let's not get your panties in a wad. Like I said, this is all good clean conversation. You're letting all this talk get the best of you. Calm down friend. :Thumbs:
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:The way I see it, it really isn't that important how many rushing yards is gained by either team. As long as JC has more points on the board at the buzzer!! I'm not greedy, I'll take a win by a field goal lol

I'm with you my friend. A win is a win. Whether it be by 1 or by 100! :Thumbs:
BoyleCounty Wrote:Congratulations. Let's not get your panties in a wad. Like I said, this is all good clean conversation. You're letting all this talk get the best of you. Calm down friend. :Thumbs:
Calm down? Me? I am not the one boasting about how "my" team will dominate. As far as I can tell, all of the people who are predicting a rout will be sitting on the visitors' side Friday night. I am just calmly enjoying reading Boyle County's fans basing all of their lofty expectations on a single game that was played last season.

I don't expect either team to walk away Friday with an easy win. I hope that Johnson Central finishes on top, but I know that Boyle County will be one of the top teams in the state this season. That is the kind of respect that seems to be missing from most of the Boyle County fans' posts but that is fine with me. Respectful and humble posts are not nearly as entertaining as the ones that I have read here. :Thumbs:
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next