Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
67.86%
Johnson Central
32.14%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Johnson Central 8/20
Did I ever say I love football? :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Calm down? Me? I am not the one boasting about how "my" team will dominate. As far as I can tell, all of the people who are predicting a rout will be sitting on the visitors' side Friday night. I am just calmly enjoying reading Boyle County's fans basing all of their lofty expectations on a single game that was played last season.

I don't expect either team to walk away Friday with an easy win. I hope that Johnson Central finishes on top, but I know that Boyle County will be one of the top teams in the state this season. That is the kind of respect that seems to be missing from most of the Boyle County fans' posts but that is fine with me. Respectful and humble posts are not nearly as entertaining as the ones that I have read here. :Thumbs:

Every team has their crazy fans. You may not like the posts that some of the Boyle County fans put on here. I like to think of myself as a realist. I'm just telling it like it is. I'm not asking for an argument. Sorry if you feel like us Boyle County fans are disrespectful. I also apologize for coming off disrespectful. Now, I expect Johnson Central to be a great team this year and possibly the second best team in 5A. It's really hard to say what either team is going to do this year because the season has yet to begin. Games are not won on these message boards and we all know that. I wish the game would hurry and begin so we can end all this talk once and for all. :rockon:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Calm down? Me? I am not the one boasting about how "my" team will dominate. As far as I can tell, all of the people who are predicting a rout will be sitting on the visitors' side Friday night. I am just calmly enjoying reading Boyle County's fans basing all of their lofty expectations on a single game that was played last season.

I don't expect either team to walk away Friday with an easy win. I hope that Johnson Central finishes on top, but I know that Boyle County will be one of the top teams in the state this season. That is the kind of respect that seems to be missing from most of the Boyle County fans' posts but that is fine with me. Respectful and humble posts are not nearly as entertaining as the ones that I have read here. :Thumbs:

Would you rather me be more humble or entertaining?:biggrin:
Jack Lambert Wrote:Would you rather me be more humble or entertaining?:biggrin:
Entertaining is fine. The more boasting the better - it just means a bigger plate of crow if your predictions don't pan out. :biggrin:
I guess i do get carried away sometimes,but its all meant in good fun.:biggrin::biggrin:
Jack Lambert Wrote:I guess i do get carried away sometimes,but its all meant in good fun.:biggrin::biggrin:
No problem. I have just eaten enough crow that I have lost my appetite for it. Now, I have more fun poking fun at those who don't seem to mind the prospect of dining on crow (or a hat). :biggrin::biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:However, in the past four seasons, JC has been eliminated by the eventual 5 A champion three times, and in each of those games, the Golden Eagles moved the ball effectively on the ground.

Because you've moved the ball on the 5A Champion means nothing to me. Congratulations on that feet. Facts are "You DID not move the ball on the 4A Champion".
Rebel55 Wrote:Because you've moved the ball on the 5A Champion means nothing to me. Facts are "You DID not move the ball on the 4A Champion".
No, the fact is I have not played a down in many years. Johnson Central did not move the ball last season against last season's 4A champion.

This is a new season and Johnson Central returns a much more experienced offense than it began with last season. I understand that Boyle lost both its starting quarterback and its star running back to graduation. Those are big shoes to fill, especially in a season opener.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No problem. I have just eaten enough crow that I have lost my appetite for it. Now, I have more fun poking fun at those who don't seem to mind the prospect of dining on crow (or a hat). :biggrin::biggrin:

I don't mind eating crow! :biggrin:

I'll eat my hat and shoe if nothing pans out for Boyle County. I'll even eat your shoe. :lmao:
I've read the whole thread. I have laughed at some posts and some have left me thinking. My prediction... BC 24 JC 7. I'll give JC the benefit of one score, maybe two. Our defense is key to our season til the offense comes around. They know it. Now, they just have to go show it. Hope for an entertaining game! See ya Friday night!
BoyleCounty Wrote:I don't mind eating crow! :biggrin:

I'll eat my hat and shoe if nothing pans out for Boyle County. I'll even eat your shoe. :lmao:
I wear a wide size 12. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I wear a wide size 12. :biggrin:

:thatsfunn
BoyleCounty Wrote::thatsfunn

Dang, you guys are funny. I really hope Boyle Co doesn't think they are going to go take a easy game, because in the past they have always started slow if they have to ride two plus hours. Just not fair that anyone has to go that far to find a good enough team for us to play. Ok, I won't brag. BUT it is true, we can't get anyone around here to play us that has your quality team. I still hope Boyle takes all and no one scores on our defense all year. We have the best defense coach in the state if not the nation. He will develope any kid to a football machine! Our defense is good, but we will see in a very few days. Go REBELS!!:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
I can agree with you more
I'm pulling for JC to keep it close cause I love that part of KY. Great people who love their football. But it will be daunting task to say the least.

JC will keep it close in a tough loss 21 to 35.
BC by 14
My boss talked to coach hodge from Boyle this morning,coach hodge said he scouted JC in thier scrimmage i guess last week,and he said Boyle could be in trouble friday night.he said JC looked very good.i hope i dont have to eat my hat.like i said would if JC wins.ill still stick with my early prediction Boyle 28-JC 7.:Thumbs:
if my dogs weren't playing this would be the game i would be at gonna be a dandy
I just have to take Boyle in this one. I am of the belief until you beat the team that beat you, they are the favorite. I don't have a dog in this fight like I said before. I hope JC brings the team that many think they'll have this year. I'd like to see that game if they both could be that equal. My thinking is a team that runs an offense like Lone Oak does is the type that can move the ball well enough to beat Boyle. It was there for the taking last year but they let it slip away from them. But, give Boyle credit as well, they took advantage of the mistakes Lone Oak made. That was the deciding factor in the state 4A championship game. Make no mistake about that. I was stunned how Lone Oak moved the ball on Boyle but in the end Boyle got the Win. You can say a lot of if, and, and buts, bottom line is Boyle won the game. Good luck to both teams.....
JC did look good, they ran through Whitley "like sand through the hour glass."

I can't wait to see the score of this game. Should be a great week 0 game.
Only two more days guys!!!! Let's GO EAGLES!!!!!
This game will be a lot closer than last. I hope JC wins but I'll take Boyle C by 7.
easyM Wrote:I just have to take Boyle in this one. I am of the belief until you beat the team that beat you, they are the favorite. I don't have a dog in this fight like I said before. I hope JC brings the team that many think they'll have this year. I'd like to see that game if they both could be that equal. My thinking is a team that runs an offense like Lone Oak does is the type that can move the ball well enough to beat Boyle. It was there for the taking last year but they let it slip away from them. But, give Boyle credit as well, they took advantage of the mistakes Lone Oak made. That was the deciding factor in the state 4A championship game. Make no mistake about that. I was stunned how Lone Oak moved the ball on Boyle but in the end Boyle got the Win. You can say a lot of if, and, and buts, bottom line is Boyle won the game. Good luck to both teams.....

Boyle County got humiliated in the first half. They make the right adjustments at halftime that ultimately won them the state championship. It was a great game. Regardless of Boyle County winning or not.
As of now my heart says JC 21-14 but my head says BC 21-14.
If any of you Rebel Fans are interested in riding on the fan bus instead of driving, I think there are still about 15 seats left. Cost is around $21.00 person. GO REBELS!!!!!! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Here is the pregame write up from the Danville Advocate:

http://www.amnews.com/stories/2010/08/19/spo.226949.sto
That was a very classy newspaper article and some nice quotes from Coach French. Have always admired Boyle County's program as a model of what a public county school can do if you pit a program together the right way. Looking forward to getting home tomorrow and watching a lot of black and gold in The Nest.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Boyle County got humiliated in the first half. They make the right adjustments at halftime that ultimately won them the state championship. It was a great game. Regardless of Boyle County winning or not.

Pretty sure I said Boyle won the game. Nothing in there suggested I wished they didn't. I don't know about them being humiliated in the first half but Lone Oak did expose some things other teams didn't. It was a great game. I know Lone Oak feels like they let one get away but on the other hand Boyle feels like they stepped up and done what they had to do to win the game. Boyle won it, end of story.
Point was, it will take a team with the offensive scheme of Lone Oak to knock off Boyle IMO. Take whatever you want out of that. I hope JC brings from the get go. Could be a good game if they do.....
easyM Wrote:Pretty sure I said Boyle won the game. Nothing in there suggested I wished they didn't. I don't know about them being humiliated in the first half but Lone Oak did expose some things other teams didn't. It was a great game. I know Lone Oak feels like they let one get away but on the other hand Boyle feels like they stepped up and done what they had to do to win the game. Boyle won it, end of story.
Point was, it will take a team with the offensive scheme of Lone Oak to knock off Boyle IMO. Take whatever you want out of that. I hope JC brings from the get go. Could be a good game if they do.....

I never implied anything out of that. I'm confused as to why you would think that?

My point was simply this. Boyle County had a great defense last year as everyone knew. They weren't use to giving yards like that. Not only did they give up alot of yards in the first half, they gave up alot of points. I wasn't taking any shots at you. :Thumbs:
35-7 BC

The Rebel defense will be to much. If Bell could only score 10 last year on Boyle, I don't see how JC will do any better this year. Offense will be more of a guessing game than last year for the opposing defense. Hope both teams come out injury free on this game. It will be hard hitting.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next