•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia moving to the top of the 14th?
This stuff is getting rediculous
Am i blind drunk or does this thread say cordia moving to the top??????????
king360 Wrote:Stupidest post I've seen in my life.

WHY????? How is all these smart a** remarks that everyone is aking not called making fun of? This is the most excitement ever around the Cordia basketball program and everyone trying to put this hire down as nothing are crazy!!! Go Lions!!!!!
Overrated Wrote:Am i blind drunk or does this thread say cordia moving to the top??????????

I have no idea why they put that as the title, they are a few years away from being at the top of this region.
whoha Wrote:what don't you people understand, your getting mad over somebodies OPINION! you have your opinions, if these people want to think that about hudson and cordia, let them, theres nothing anybody or anyone can do about another persons opinion!

If your saying I'm getting mad, dude I'm far from being mad.... I just don't understand some of the statements from the Cordia fans.... I know everyone has an opinion but whats the reasoning for the opinion is the question?

I wanna know why everyone thinks Chris Hudson is the best player in the region or why he's in everyone's top 5 or 10???? Not being a smart ass about it but I just want to know the reason....

The only answers I can think of are:

A) You've watch him play in open gym...<---- Don't tell you anything

B) You've watch a highlight film of him....<----- All highlights are good things

C) You've seen him play against other 14th region teams...<--- Don't think so

Seems to me that everyone has seen him dunk a lot.... And all players that dunk the ball very well aren't always great players... examples: Tyler Mullins (Perry) and Justin Jones (Hazard) both great jumpers but only around 7 ppg and 6 rpg... Both had good careers and both are playing small college basketball which is great but they wasn't the best players in the region at theirs times...

Don't get me wrong I hope the kid is a good player, but I just think everyone should at-least see him play first before crowning him "KING OF THE REGION!!"
ekff Wrote:If your saying I'm getting mad, dude I'm far from being mad.... I just don't understand some of the statements from the Cordia fans.... I know everyone has an opinion but whats the reasoning for the opinion is the question?

I wanna know why everyone thinks Chris Hudson is the best player in the region or why he's in everyone's top 5 or 10???? Not being a smart ass about it but I just want to know the reason....

B) You've watch a highlight film of him....<----- All highlights are good things

Seems to me that everyone has seen him dunk a lot.... And all players that dunk the ball very well aren't always great players... examples: Tyler Mullins (Perry) and Justin Jones (Hazard) both great jumpers but only around 7 ppg and 6 rpg... Both had good careers and both are playing small college basketball which is great but they wasn't the best players in the region at theirs times...

Don't get me wrong I hope the kid is a good player, but I just think everyone should at-least see him play first before crowning him "KING OF THE REGION!!"

I don't understand some of these statements from my fellow Lions as well. Some of there statements are pretty out there. I will say Chris Hudson is the best player in his year, but he is not top 5, we haven't seen the kid have a unifrom on yet. People need to wait until the Lions step foot on the court until we see how good they will really be. I have been saying that they will make it to the region, and I am sticking to that, but others HAVE said that the will luckily play 500. ball. Listen, if people think they will not play or just play 500. ball, then that statement is more far fetched than my fellow Lions have made.

Now, I have only seen Chris play a few times, he is athletic, can shoot, rebound, I truly believe this kid is the total package. But he is just 14, and has many years to become the best in this region, people need to give this kid time before they start to crown him King of the 14th.

I hope these guys do lead Cordia to RUPP. Cordia is long over due for a 14th region title. In the early 90s they DID have the best team in the 14th one year, but choked. Cordia will one day go to RUPP, could be this year could be 20 years from now. But like I have said like 20times in this thread, the excitement he has brought to Cordia is huge. There have been kids from Perry County, from the other Knott Countu schools like Carr Creek and Hindman transfer already to Cordia or enrolled as a freshman. With all the boys who have went to Cordia this year, I can't wait until two to three years from now, they will have an outstanding team then. Good Luck to Coach Rhodes and the rest of the LIONS!!!!!
WALL2WALL Wrote:WHY????? How is all these smart a** remarks that everyone is aking not called making fun of? This is the most excitement ever around the Cordia basketball program and everyone trying to put this hire down as nothing are crazy!!! Go Lions!!!!!

You all need to be made fun of, all people are saying is this is Cordias year, might as well be calling Chris Hudson God but when it comes down to it he still can't hang with players like Matt Day, Zack Davis, and Dalton Cornett. I've said before that I wouldn't mind to see Cordia win region but can we please be real about the situation, they will be lucky to win the 53rd IMO.
I will say this; Hudson will be one of the best offensive players in the region. Not overall players, but he's not going to have much trouble scoring. He's around 6'5", can handle the ball, and he's a pretty good shooter. That's a recipe for a huge scoring threat.
No, I don't think Cordia will win the 53rd or 14th region, but they'll be competitive(definitely more competitive than they've been recently).
king360 Wrote:You all need to be made fun of, all people are saying is this is Cordias year, might as well be calling Chris Hudson God but when it comes down to it he still can't hang with players like Matt Day, Zack Davis, and Dalton Cornett. I've said before that I wouldn't mind to see Cordia win region but can we please be real about the situation, they will be lucky to win the 53rd IMO.

Not everyone, not me. I know they need some work, and I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU when you say they will be lucky to win the 53rd, but I do believe they are the 2nd best team in the 53rd, and they will go to the region.
Aslan Wrote:I will say this; Hudson will be one of the best offensive players in the region. Not overall players, but he's not going to have much trouble scoring. He's around 6'5", can handle the ball, and he's a pretty good shooter. That's a recipe for a huge scoring threat.
No, I don't think Cordia will win the 53rd or 14th region, but they'll be competitive(definitely more competitive than they've been recently).

This is the point that I have been trying to get across.
no wayyyy
Aslan Wrote:I will say this; Hudson will be one of the best offensive players in the region. Not overall players, but he's not going to have much trouble scoring. He's around 6'5", can handle the ball, and he's a pretty good shooter. That's a recipe for a huge scoring threat.

I can agree with this statement.
king360 Wrote:You all need to be made fun of, all people are saying is this is Cordias year, might as well be calling Chris Hudson God but when it comes down to it he still can't hang with players like Matt Day, Zack Davis, and Dalton Cornett. I've said before that I wouldn't mind to see Cordia win region but can we please be real about the situation, they will be lucky to win the 53rd IMO.

Yes, can you please be real and give this kid props. You've seen him play pick up ball.. "like he tries in pick up ball." That's the only reason you think he isnt that good. The way your talking you think Day, Davis, and Cornett are all gods! Think NOBODY can out show them. Come to realization, They're all good players, yes, but get real here king360. Davis has had to many surgeries including one this past summer and the last time i checked, you can't play ball with bad knees like that. In MY OPINION, i dont see him being as healthy as everybody puts on for this season. Cornett had some good games last year, but he also had his brother there to help him out. Day would be the best of these three to keep up with Hudson in a running game, which he likes to play. I'm not saying your wrong about any of you statements, because just like me, you have YOUR OWN OPINIONS about the 4. I just don't see how everybody thinks Davis is going to be 100% and How Cornetts Going to keep up with him. But I'm like everybody else, this thread got way out of hand as soon as it got put on here. We'll just have to see come ball season, but the only way we can see the competition between Cornett and Hudson is during the 14th, if either team makes it there! Which IN MY OPINION, I think Both teams will.
ekff Wrote:If your saying I'm getting mad, dude I'm far from being mad.... I just don't understand some of the statements from the Cordia fans.... I know everyone has an opinion but whats the reasoning for the opinion is the question?

Agree with everything in this, but did Mullins or Jones get look at by South Carolina as a Freshman, I can answer that with a huge NO! I understand everybody's frustration with Cordia Fans BOLD statements, but I can about guarantee you, you don't even know half of what I or other lotts creeks residence close to Rhodes know! That's the reasoning for our bold statements.

Good Post.I agree.
whoha Wrote:Yes, can you please be real and give this kid props. You've seen him play pick up ball.. "like he tries in pick up ball." That's the only reason you think he isnt that good. The way your talking you think Day, Davis, and Cornett are all gods! Think NOBODY can out show them. Come to realization, They're all good players, yes, but get real here king360. Davis has had to many surgeries including one this past summer and the last time i checked, you can't play ball with bad knees like that. In MY OPINION, i dont see him being as healthy as everybody puts on for this season. Cornett had some good games last year, but he also had his brother there to help him out. Day would be the best of these three to keep up with Hudson in a running game, which he likes to play. I'm not saying your wrong about any of you statements, because just like me, you have YOUR OWN OPINIONS about the 4. I just don't see how everybody thinks Davis is going to be 100% and How Cornetts Going to keep up with him. But I'm like everybody else, this thread got way out of hand as soon as it got put on here. We'll just have to see come ball season, but the only way we can see the competition between Cornett and Hudson is during the 14th, if either team makes it there! Which IN MY OPINION, I think Both teams will.

lol..I never said the kid wasn't good,Hes a great player and a great athelete, Im just saying he's not going to come in and in one year carry Cordia to a 14th region title..In 2 years definitely but not this year.

I agree, good post Aslan.
What are the chances that the KHSAA even lets the transfers play??
Alpha_Male Wrote:What are the chances that the KHSAA even lets the transfers play??

I know that's a cheap shot at Cordia..
But, who knows... Only time will tell...
cordia will........not win the 14th region, most likely wont beat kcc or letcher in the district, come on now have some common sense about yourselfs!
king360 Wrote:lol..I never said the kid wasn't good,Hes a great player and a great athelete, Im just saying he's not going to come in and in one year carry Cordia to a 14th region title..In 2 years definitely but not this year.

good post...im hopin they can come together this season and do something. IMO i think they will, but for the season after this one. That's gonna be real exciting!!!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:cordia will........not win the 14th region, most likely wont beat kcc or letcher in the district, come on now have some common sense about yourselfs!

Is that your opinion or a straight up fact?
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:cordia will........not win the 14th region, most likely wont beat kcc or letcher in the district, come on now have some common sense about yourselfs!

While I agree that they probably will not win district or region..
I do believe they have a shot at the 53rd district.. I could see them in the championship game depending on the draw of things..

However -- Beating Letcher will not be that big of a mission.
Ballers Wrote:While I agree that they probably will not win district or region..
I do believe they have a shot at the 53rd district.. I could see them in the championship game depending on the draw of things..

:lmao:
Ballers Wrote:While I agree that they probably will not win district or region..

53rd don't draw, they actually seed.
Aslan Wrote:53rd don't draw, they actually seed.

That is correct.
Ballers Wrote:I know that's a cheap shot at Cordia..
But, who knows... Only time will tell...

Deff. not...I want them to do great.... I wish them all the best. Probably my fav. 14th region team. I'm just a curious High School Basketball fan.
OrangenowBlue Wrote::lmao:

No outside threat for LCC this year, not a big of a threat unless Cordia can't stop them inside. If Cordia can't land a big man then they are going to be a threat, but as far as guard play, Cordia has much better guard play than Letcher.
WALL2WALL Wrote:No outside threat for LCC this year, not a big of a threat unless Cordia can't stop them inside. If Cordia can't land a big man then they are going to be a threat, but as far as guard play, Cordia has much better guard play than Letcher.

:Thumbs:
Sounds if most people on this thread need to talk with their head not their heart. lol!!! sounds like kindergartners arguing over a who going to be the line leader today.
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next