•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia moving to the top of the 14th?
Crazy Horse Wrote:You know so little about basketball its funny to read all these post. Cordia will score way to many points for LCC to keep up because they lost there best player and only outside threat. And as for Stewart, he couldn't even post up and score on 5'11" Jon Stacy last year for Cordia, didn't one time, so what makes you think he can a boy like Hudson. Actually in both games Stacy pushed Stewart as far from the basket as he wanted. Even stole the ball from him 3 or 4 times while he tried to post him up.

So Cordia must have really sucked last year because they couldn't beat a one man team. This ONE MAN TEAM even beat them 22 points once last year.
I can't keep up.
Who did Cordia add to its roster?
surgeon Wrote:Trust me Hazard, Perry, Knott or LCC hasnt lost any freshmen that they will need this year. Im sorry if you guys are wanting a good story go rent the movie Hoosiers. Enough said you guys will not beat Hazard, Perry, LCC, especially Knott.

Just LOL'd
I know nothing about basketball!!!!!! I know enough to say they are several girl teams in the 14 region that I would put up against Cordia Varsity Team and there high profile coach. Cordia will not win when this sophmore bunch is seniors because that would make Knotts Freshmen juniors and they will still be the team to beat. Its not to late to go rent that movie and go ahead and let the crying begin in Cordia Your team will not win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They never have never will. Sorry.
The surgeon is starting to operate on the Lions. Since he has started, I will take a break and allow him to continue his practice of giving out dosages of irritation and aggravation to our Lotts Creek brethren.
Surgeon, Cordia Never have and Never will. 1993 who won the 55th District? and who was in back to back 14th region semi finals. For a school of 100 students, lack of financial support to fend off the high school bookies, I would say they did more than most. Of course they could come up with the motto that Hazard used after a tough loss in the State Tourney Not defeated just cheated!!
Outside Looking in is your real name Al Bundy well back in 1993 we won a district championship. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I dont give a flying f--- about 1993. We talking about now not 1993. Sorry man defeated or cheated you still lost. Stop crying !!!!!!!!! No body cares. You want a good ending go rent that Hoosier movie.
surgeon Wrote:Outside Looking in is your real name Al Bundy well back in 1993 we won a district championship. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I dont give a flying f--- about 1993. We talking about now not 1993. Sorry man defeated or cheated you still lost. Stop crying !!!!!!!!! No body cares. You want a good ending go rent that Hoosier movie.

Norman Dale won with local talent in Hoosiers. He didn't have to recruit.
Awesome picture
Let the talking begin Oct. 15. Cordia will surprise a lot of people.
MVP2 Wrote:Let the talking begin Oct. 15. Cordia will surprise a lot of people.
From what I heard yesterday, there are still 2 more players coming. One I believe is from Puerto Rico and the other from another country also. 2 Foreign exchange students that are bigs to go with the guards they already have will definitely get them excited and ready to win this region. Going to be fun to watch all of this play out and see whose recruits, opps, I mean transfers come through for whose teams. :yikes:
Direct placement foreign exchange students are not eligible.
i really LOL everytime i get on this thread!
D1Recruiter Wrote:From what I heard yesterday, there are still 2 more players coming. One I believe is from Puerto Rico and the other from another country also. 2 Foreign exchange students that are bigs to go with the guards they already have will definitely get them excited and ready to win this region. Going to be fun to watch all of this play out and see whose recruits, opps, I mean transfers come through for whose teams. :yikes:

I believe foreign exchange students have to be enrolled the very first day of school before they are eligible.
D1Recruiter Wrote:From what I heard yesterday, there are still 2 more players coming. One I believe is from Puerto Rico and the other from another country also. 2 Foreign exchange students that are bigs to go with the guards they already have will definitely get them excited and ready to win this region. Going to be fun to watch all of this play out and see whose recruits, opps, I mean transfers come through for whose teams. :yikes:

LOL if they get any more players there gonna have to change to the university of cordia! foreign players??? LOLOLOLOL

You heard right with two more tansfers comin to cordia and your also right when you heard they are big. Another 6'4 pf is comin the 6'8 kid is still undecided. But u heard wrong with the foreign exchange student stuff. But just to clear stuff up there are more transfers on the way and i agree with mvp2..let the talking begin oct.15 or after cordias first game. I promise the region will be surprised.
KHSAA12 Wrote:You heard right with two more tansfers comin to cordia and your also right when you heard they are big. Another 6'4 pf is comin the 6'8 kid is still undecided. But u heard wrong with the foreign exchange student stuff. But just to clear stuff up there are more transfers on the way and i agree with mvp2..let the talking begin oct.15 or after cordias first game. I promise the region will be surprised.

LOL, the talking must of already started on the phone for all of this to be going down lmao this is 2 funny!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:LOL, the talking must of already started on the phone for all of this to be going down lmao this is 2 funny!

lol now come on theres transfers everywhere these days.
KHSAA12 Wrote:lol now come on theres transfers everywhere these days.

yeah from KY schools to another KY schools but 2 from texas and where ever these other kids are suppose to be comen from??? :dontthink thats not a transfer lol
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:yeah from KY schools to another KY schools but 2 from texas and where ever these other kids are suppose to be comen from??? :dontthink thats not a transfer lol

lol well both cordia and perry have at least one out of state transfer. It's going to be one exciting ball season from what i can see and i really hope people don't over look cordia like they are. Perrys always been a threat and their addition to thier team is just gonna make then that much better. But cordia basically has a whole new roster and theres alot of truth behind rhodes from what ive seen and what hes already done for the lotts creek school like he promised. Cordia will be a contending team in the 14th IMO, and u all will probably agree with me once the season gets started. And theres 3 transfers from texas just to let ya know.:Thumbs:
First, as for potential additional transfers coming to Cordia, if they come they will be eligible. I have never seen a more clear case of recruiting and ineligiblity in my life as with the three Texas boys, but he got them eligible. If KHSAA approved them for him, then they are going to do what ever he wants. To me, the situation made the whole system a joke.

Second, I have followed 14th region basketball for more than 30 years now. I watch UK, but there have been many nights that I was sitting on a bleacher somewhere in the 14th missing a UK game. Do you know why? Because I enjoyed watching a bunch of homegrown boys out there on that floor playing their hearts out. Oh I'm sure every one of them wanted to play at a D1 school, but that's not what drove them. They played so hard because they were raised to be a Bulldog, or Patriot, or a Door, or what ever. With all of these out of state players coming, the schools are ruining 14th region basketball for a lot of us.

Hope they get their regional titles, maybe even a state title or two. Just remember though, it wasn't your school, or your guys winning it. Why aren't the parents of these schools standing up and saying hey my son has played ball his entire life waiting to be on the high school team and now you are bringing in these guys and if my son gets a uniform at all it will be just to sit on the bench.

I've had enough of it all. Think I might go watch some games in the 15th this year!
Im sorry guys this isnt soccer go get all the foreign goofs you want. Unless you bringing Ginobili or Nowitizki it want help. kNOTT will win Region, Letcher wil be tough and so will Hazard and Perry and you guys can still be talking about 1993.
ANEWPAT Wrote:First, as for potential additional transfers coming to Cordia, if they come they will be eligible. I have never seen a more clear case of recruiting and ineligiblity in my life as with the three Texas boys, but he got them eligible. If KHSAA approved them for him, then they are going to do what ever he wants. To me, the situation made the whole system a joke.

Second, I have followed 14th region basketball for more than 30 years now. I watch UK, but there have been many nights that I was sitting on a bleacher somewhere in the 14th missing a UK game. Do you know why? Because I enjoyed watching a bunch of homegrown boys out there on that floor playing their hearts out. Oh I'm sure every one of them wanted to play at a D1 school, but that's not what drove them. They played so hard because they were raised to be a Bulldog, or Patriot, or a Door, or what ever. With all of these out of state players coming, the schools are ruining 14th region basketball for a lot of us.

Hope they get their regional titles, maybe even a state title or two. Just remember though, it wasn't your school, or your guys winning it. Why aren't the parents of these schools standing up and saying hey my son has played ball his entire life waiting to be on the high school team and now you are bringing in these guys and if my son gets a uniform at all it will be just to sit on the bench.

I've had enough of it all. Think I might go watch some games in the 15th this year!

lol Times are changing man. I do feel sorry for you if thats how you feel about the whole situation, because i honestly see where you're coming from. If rhodes hadn't came to cordia they wouldn't have had a chance in hell like past years to win anything. The transfers from knott and other schools probably wouldnt have happened. But it is good for the community and thats what cordia has always cared more about then anything. But like i said times are changing before to long their probably will be less then there are know of what you call homegrown players. But its adapt or die these days. And i think rhodes , the transfers from texas, and the transfers from different schools are going to do something big this year and years to come. The only seniors cordia will lose that will hurt would be Marcus Sumner. And if it takes rhodes, transfers from out of state and transfers from surrounding schools to do so, then so be it. But rhodes and these kids have big expectations and i would love to see them reach em.
surgeon Wrote:Im sorry guys this isnt soccer go get all the foreign goofs you want. Unless you bringing Ginobili or Nowitizki it want help. kNOTT will win Region, Letcher wil be tough and so will Hazard and Perry and you guys can still be talking about 1993.

BOLD prediction, esp. after what perry brought in. But aye we all got our favorites and opinions.
surgeon Wrote:Im sorry guys this isnt soccer go get all the foreign goofs you want. Unless you bringing Ginobili or Nowitizki it want help. kNOTT will win Region, Letcher wil be tough and so will Hazard and Perry and you guys can still be talking about 1993.

u a brain surgeon? lmao u need to find one
KHSAA12 Wrote:lol well both cordia and perry have at least one out of state transfer. It's going to be one exciting ball season from what i can see and i really hope people don't over look cordia like they are. Perrys always been a threat and their addition to thier team is just gonna make then that much better. But cordia basically has a whole new roster and theres alot of truth behind rhodes from what ive seen and what hes already done for the lotts creek school like he promised. Cordia will be a contending team in the 14th IMO, and u all will probably agree with me once the season gets started. And theres 3 transfers from texas just to let ya know.:Thumbs:

those are recruits lol not transfers!
^lol
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:those are recruits lol not transfers!

lol like anewpat said rhodes got them eligible. So i guess there no longer transfers nor recruits. They're Cordia basketbal players.:Thumbs:
Well, I'm glad the Cordia community sees it that way because you have what you asked for. I don't really know many people over there, but I just can't imagine that everyone is happy. I'm sure there are a few little Johnnys who are going home and saying why should I go up there and run my as* off when I ain't never gettin in a game any way. Those families that were born and raised on "the creek". The parents and maybe even their grandparents were raised on the "the creek" and wore Lions uniforms. I just don't see them all thinking it is so great that a bunch of out of state recruits are coming in and pushing little Johnny out. Either way, it's not for me. I have been reading these boys facebooks. They don't even want to be here. They are here because as good as they are, in their home schools they are just average players. Some crazy people have them convinced that they could move to the mountains and just take over. They are being told that the players here as so pathetic that they could come and play against these guys and will look like D1 material in comparison and that will help them get D1 offers. They are being told that they can be Mr. Basketball here in Kentucky and would never be that in there own states. What has me so angry is that the people in the communities here in the mountains are letting these boys come in like this, pushing our own kids aside and we are too ignorant to stand up and say it's not going to happen. Let them go somewhere and laugh at someone else's kids behind their backs. I'd like to see the majority of the fans on both teams stand up and boo these boys off the floor at every game. It won't happen because the people don't have the b*lls to do it!
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next