•  Previous
  • 29(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia moving to the top of the 14th?
^agreed. IMO Rhodes wont let these kids just come bck to the team without having to suffer some consequences for their actions at the beginning of conditioning. Id say come Oct. 15 some players may still be running laps instead of plays and drills.
when the canadian gets here (which he defiantly will) cordia will automatically be at the top. ive seen videos of this kid and he is amazing. cordia is still a top 3 team without him. they got a real deep bench. we will see come december the 8th when chs has their first real test against a good knott central team. if they win that game then you better watch out for the lions cause they will be pumped.
Opening season, crowds, officials, opponent, score will be kepted. You are not simply running drills and talking smack anymore. Reality will set in. Rhodes has no high school coaching experience, all of his transfers and young talent 7th, 8th and freshman have no varsity experience. The last time I checked in this game of basketball respect is earned not given.
^I agree with the respect isn't given its earned. Cordia WILL earn theirs. Trust me on that one.
OutsideLookingIn - good post.
KHSAA12 Wrote:^I agree with the respect isn't given its earned. Cordia WILL earn theirs. Trust me on that one.

And that is exactly what we are referring too.
You can say Cordia will earn theirs till your blue in the face - last time I checked the season hasn't even started.

Let's wait on the KCC game and we will see how they do. That is their first legit match up.
Ballers Wrote:And that is exactly what we are referring too.
You can say Cordia will earn theirs till your blue in the face - last time I checked the season hasn't even started.

Let's wait on the KCC game and we will see how they do. That is their first legit match up.

LOL exactly season hasn't started yet. Gotta have a chance to earn it first before they can get it. Thanks for proving my point ballers..
You can say Cordia will earn theirs till your blue in the face - last time I checked the season hasn't even started.Let's wait on the KCC game and we will see how they do. That is their first legit match up.

Thank you. Haven't had a chance yet.
whoha Wrote:LOL exactly season hasn't started yet. Gotta have a chance to earn it first before they can get it. Thanks for proving my point ballers..

lol beat me to it...
^That wasn't my point either. Reading is not one of your strong points huh?
What I mean is there is a lot of stock going into this Cordia team and they haven't played the first game.

People saying they will region, people saying they deserve to be #1 overall in region.
Last time I checked they haven't even made the regional tourney in quite some time.
Rhodes brought in 3 players so far, and those 3 players are supposed to take over the region? They have proved nothing yet to be considered in the top 10, not to mention top 5! Just ridiculous really.
Ballers Wrote:^That wasn't my point either. Reading is not one of your strong points huh?
What I mean is there is a lot of stock going into this Cordia team and they haven't played the first game.

People saying they will region, people saying they deserve to be #1 overall in region.
Last time I checked they haven't even made the regional tourney in quite some time.

Lol didn't say your point..my point. Reading must not be your stong point bro. New coach, New team. We'll see how they do.
3 new players dude. Not a new team.
Yes new coach - who has never coached at the Highschool level.
I think they will do good - believe me I do.
Having a winning season this year is something else compared to the last few seasons they have had. I am not bashing on Cordia at all. The point I've been trying to make is there are REALLY good teams in the 14th. A lot of people are putting the cart before the horse on this thread.

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but Every post I have read, you have contridicted yourself. You can't give any of these kids repect for the simple fact it's "cordia players" and they have to earn it, which IN MY OPINION they will earn alot of peoples respect this season. So what has Jaysean done sooo spectacular to already have your respect? NOTHING! Nothing at all.. Simple fact he's at Perry Central. IMO jaysean isn't even going to be eligible to play. Paper work has to be COMPLETELY finished before any type of ruling. Wasn't he already ruled ineligible?
3 kids from texas. 2 from kcc. No hes never coached at the highschool level, hes coached at the next level. Thats good you believe they will do well cause i think the same. But if someone thinks their gonna be top of the region thats their opinion just like you have yours. If you call that being crazy let ppl be crazy bro, do you not everyone else.
Ballers Wrote:3 new players dude. Not a new team.
Yes new coach - who has never coached at the Highschool level.
I think they will do good - believe me I do.
Having a winning season this year is something else compared to the last few seasons they have had. I am not bashing on Cordia at all. The point I've been trying to make is there are REALLY good teams in the 14th. A lot of people are putting the cart before the horse on this thread.

he's been assistant coach to a couple good colleges teams, I believe he has enough experience to coach a high school team and make good players out of each and every player!
whoha Wrote:I'm not trying to be a smartass, but Every post I have read, you have contridicted yourself. You can't give any of these kids repect for the simple fact it's "cordia players" and they have to earn it, which IN MY OPINION they will earn alot of peoples respect this season. So what has Jaysean done sooo spectacular to already have your respect? NOTHING! Nothing at all.. Simple fact he's at Perry Central. IMO jaysean isn't even going to be eligible to play. Paper work has to be COMPLETELY finished before any type of ruling. Wasn't he already ruled ineligible?

I haven't contradicted anything I have said. I have respect for Rhodes and that team. The thing I am having a hard time wrapping my head around is how this automatically makes Cordia a top 5 team - top 3 team - whichever. We can't put any stock into the "he said she said" because we haven't seen them play as a team against any other teams in the region. Jaysean is talented, so is Chris Hudson. Noone is trying to take anything away from these boys. And to be honest - I have no clue on the status of Jaysean Paige. I wish the Cordia team best of luck in district and I hope they do well and even make it to region. We will just have to see how it comes out.
whoha Wrote:he's been assistant coach to a couple good colleges teams, I believe he has enough experience to coach a high school team and make good players out of each and every player!

lol you gotta coach college before highschool these days i guess.
whoha Wrote:he's been assistant coach to a couple good colleges teams, I believe he has enough experience to coach a high school team and make good players out of each and every player!

I am aware - he was the assistant coach. He has his own team to work with now. I'm sure he's doing everything he knows in the book to get his players ready.
Ballers Wrote:I am aware - he was the assistant coach. He has his own team to work with now. I'm sure he's doing everything he knows in the book to get his players ready.

He is..no worries
KHSAA12 Wrote:3 kids from texas. 2 from kcc. No hes never coached at the highschool level, hes coached at the next level. Thats good you believe they will do well cause i think the same. But if someone thinks their gonna be top of the region thats their opinion just like you have yours. If you call that being crazy let ppl be crazy bro, do you not everyone else.

Just curious who are the two from KCC?
^Tyler Fugate and Zach Owens.
I don't think either got any playing time at KCC - or it was minimum.
Zach Owens is a pretty good all around ball player.
Tyler Fugate is a decent role player - I don't think he will be seeing much playing time IMO.
^Owens was already a decent ball player and has been working on his game taking pointers from rhodes and staying in the gym after practice since early August. Kids an extremely hard worker that has the ability to kill you from long range. Fugates a decent role player i agree. Hes the kind of player that i call "A Garbage man". Which is a good thing for the lions. With his size and rebounding ability he'll get as much playing time as he earns in practice. Just wish Fugate had the same work ethic as Owens, then rhodes would have alot more to work with. Not taking anything away from Fugate, hes still going to contribute on the boards big time for the lions imo.
Go lions!!!!!!!

:beavis:
i dont like how rhodes is getting all these other players in and taking other players position he will have alot of ppl mad at him if ppl from last year loose there positions
^That was a waste of a post. The community loves rhodes and what hes trying to do with this program. Anyone that isnt good enough to start stay in the gym is all I can say.
wall2kobe Wrote:i dont like how rhodes is getting all these other players in and taking other players position he will have alot of ppl mad at him if ppl from last year loose there positions
Who is being replaced? Sumner's, Davidson come on they are from Perry County, neither of them even went to Cordia in elementary or middle school. Do you want to be a winner or just remain a whiner?
I have always been for the small school and Cordia being one of those schools but after all these transfer from NJ TX Canada I wont even cheer for them. IMO this shit is stupid bringin these kids from different states that just isnt cordia.Cordia is lotts creek boys and a few from perry and throughout knott co not TEXAS. I lost a lot of respect for Rhodes. I thought he was here to change kid lives he wont be doing anything with the kids in the area if they keep brinning in kids all over the country.I wish ole fatroll joel melton would have got the job now.this is all i have to say on this topic

THIS ISNT COLLEGE BASKETBALL YOU CANT RECRUIT!!!!
university of the lotts creek!!
^LOL...No offense but there isn't a F##king coach in this region that could have won with what cordia had last year and wouldn't be able to this year. If Cordia wanted to win this is what needed to happen. Not everyone is going to agree with it (like you) but oh well what you gonna do. Let em play. If Cordia stayed Cordia much longer man there wouldn't be a Cordia boys basketball team. Rhodes is here to change the boys lives on the team. Ant no way they would get to play at Rupp in January if it wasn't for him. That's an opportunity of a lifetime for any Kentucky high school basketball player.
Tailback44 Wrote:I have always been for the small school and Cordia being one of those schools but after all these transfer from NJ TX Canada I wont even cheer for them. IMO this shit is stupid bringin these kids from different states that just isnt cordia.Cordia is lotts creek boys and a few from perry and throughout knott co not TEXAS. I lost a lot of respect for Rhodes. I thought he was here to change kid lives he wont be doing anything with the kids in the area if they keep brinning in kids all over the country.I wish ole fatroll joel melton would have got the job now.this is all i have to say on this topic

THIS ISNT COLLEGE BASKETBALL YOU CANT RECRUIT!!!!
Everybody seems to have sympathy for the little guy as long as he on the bottom. Why should Cordia remain on the bottom? Hazard from years back got where their reputation in the state by recruiting from the mountains and beyond. Perry Central and Al Holland was recruiting before Hatcher ever came to PCC. Amos at Buckhorn when they went to the state. Knott County has always recruited from surronding counties. Probably one of the few teams to go to the state with their own players was Hop Stidham at Leslie County. What goes around comes around and I would think that the people from Cordia won't be hurt because you are not going to pull for them this year.
  •  Previous
  • 29(current)
  • Next