Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
2022 State Champion Predictor Thread
(05-31-2022, 09:40 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
(05-31-2022, 04:54 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville will win Class A they will be as loaded as they have ever been. Top 3 team in Class A through 4A
As much as I enjoy ol’ Jets unbridled enthusiasm, Pikeville will have some major question marks this season. First and foremost replacing what is possibly the best QB in the programs history. Apparently Raceland and Hazard have loaded up and have the Panthers square in their sights. I do think defensively the Panthers could be even better this year, which is a good starting point for early in the season while trying to get a new QB ready for November. But in saying that, I think there is a QB on the roster that is more than capable of filling the role nicely. Getting closer everyday to finding out.
As good as McNamee was I thought Pikeville’s biggest strength was their power running game.  I think their ability to run over teams played a huge role in their passing game being so successful. Replacing a QB is never an easy thing to do but bringing back a 2000+ yard running back in Birchfield can for sure take off some of the pressure that come with developing a new quarterback.  As far as Raceland goes, we will be improved but we are still at least a 2 touchdown underdog.
[-] The following 2 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • jetpilot, Micro-Brew
^^^RPI will be huge this year. Raceland will have next to no chance at Pikeville but excellent chance at Raceland. Way too early and all IMHO. Can't wait for some 606 football.
Good post and yes I agree on Pikeville’s ability to run the football being a huge advantage. But don’t sandbag on Raceland, we’ve all heard about some nice new additions to go along with a great returning team. The question will be this year can you afford to completely stack the box and sellout on the run? You couldn’t last year. Pikeville still has plenty of weapons that can hurt you in the passing game but , in my opinion, opposing teams will feel a little more comfortable gambling this year until a QB arises and shows that the gamble is too risky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot
^^^I agree and hopefully that will be the case come November. You have more info than me, I wish I knew who you think the QB will be. I guess we will all just have to wait and see.
(05-31-2022, 04:54 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville will win Class A they will be as loaded as they have ever been. Top 3 team in Class A through 4A

An underachieving Corbin team will knock them off their pedestal,  and they'll come back down to earth.  No bird can fly so high that it doesn't have to land. Smile
(05-31-2022, 01:30 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^RPI will be huge this year. Raceland will have next to no chance at Pikeville but excellent chance at Raceland. Way too early and all IMHO. Can't wait for some 606 football.

I'm in the 606, so don't treat me like a Furriner.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, jetpilot
Lol the 606 Mister!!!

Or the 606 Mafia lol!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
(05-31-2022, 01:31 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Good post and yes I agree on Pikeville’s ability to run the football being a huge advantage. But don’t sandbag on Raceland, we’ve all heard about some nice new additions to go along with a great returning team. The question will be this year can you afford to completely stack the box and sellout on the run? You couldn’t last year. Pikeville still has plenty of weapons that can hurt you in the passing game but , in my opinion, opposing teams will feel a little more comfortable gambling this year until a QB arises and shows that the gamble is too risky.
IMO the biggest question mark for Raceland coming into this season will be whether or not our pure strength has improved.  In the past few meetings the Panthers have simply out muscled us and wore us out physically.  In order for Raceland to compete with Pikeville that is the biggest piece that needs improvement.
(05-31-2022, 03:27 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Lol the 606 Mister!!!

Or the 606 Mafia lol!

LOL
(05-31-2022, 01:17 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(05-31-2022, 09:40 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
As much as I enjoy ol’ Jets unbridled enthusiasm, Pikeville will have some major question marks this season. First and foremost replacing what is possibly the best QB in the programs history. Apparently Raceland and Hazard have loaded up and have the Panthers square in their sights. I do think defensively the Panthers could be even better this year, which is a good starting point for early in the season while trying to get a new QB ready for November. But in saying that, I think there is a QB on the roster that is more than capable of filling the role nicely. Getting closer everyday to finding out.
As good as McNamee was I thought Pikeville’s biggest strength was their power running game.  I think their ability to run over teams played a huge role in their passing game being so successful. Replacing a QB is never an easy thing to do but bringing back a 2000+ yard running back in Birchfield can for sure take off some of the pressure that come with developing a new quarterback.  As far as Raceland goes, we will be improved but we are still at least a 2 touchdown underdog.

I only saw Pikeville against LCA and Russellville, but the passing game was basically a non-factor for Pikeville in those games. What they got came on the back of Birchfield in both of those games. I don't know how much of their success was predicated on the passing game the rest of the season but from what I saw, when they went up against their stiffest competition it was the running game that was getting it done for them. I'm not trying to speak out of turn but based on the rest of their results last season, it would seem that the passing game was solid against lesser competition while the running game was consistently stout.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoShamBo's post:
  • Bull got out!, DarthVader
It’s hard to play at that level if you can’t run the ball. Pikeville does a great job of that when it matters most.
(05-31-2022, 02:49 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

An underachieving Corbin team will knock them off their pedestal,  and they'll come back down to earth.  No bird can fly so high that it doesn't have to land. Smile
Please bring a huge sack of money to the game. Pikeville gonna smoke some Redhound hind end.
1A is Pikeville's to lose. Too much depth and talent on the roster. Sure the passing game isn't going to be as big of a threat, but Duty has a big arm and he's going to have two lethal weapons to get the ball to in Hensley and Boykins. Add in Birchfield and Anthony in the backfield, you have a LOADED offense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(06-01-2022, 11:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Please bring a huge sack of money to the game. Pikeville gonna smoke some Redhound hind end.
I'm financially embarrassed.lol
[-] The following 4 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!, Jack Lambert, jetpilot
(06-02-2022, 01:28 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Not to worry pj maybe some "joe money" floating around in a few moths. Sick
(06-02-2022, 11:19 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 01:28 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Not to worry pj maybe some "joe money" floating around in a few moths. Sick
I don't doubt that . Idiots always find a problem for the solution.lol
(05-31-2022, 04:50 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 09:38 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: 1a Pikeville
2a Mayfield
3a PT
4a Boyle Co
5a Bowling Green
6a Trinity
Good to see you on here 55
Haven’t had much time to look at this. I’ve been busy. It’s tough to get time between work and my new small farm. However, I do think my Cards should be ready this year. I also think PT will be.
(07-09-2022, 12:35 PM)mysonis55 Wrote:
2a Mayfield
3a PT
4a Boyle Co
5a Bowling Green
6a Trinity
Haven’t had much time to look at this. I’ve been busy. It’s tough to get time between work and my new small farm. However, I do think my Cards should be ready this year. I also think PT will be.
I like farmers. I'll think about giving you some slack.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
(07-09-2022, 12:35 PM)mysonis55 Wrote:
2a Mayfield
3a PT
4a Boyle Co
5a Bowling Green
6a Trinity
I like farmers.  I'll think about giving you some slack . it could turn into flack though.