Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
74.50%
Russell Red Devils
25.50%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
I'll give Belfry credit and respect unlike what is being given back to Russell.:Thumbs:

The one Russell has that JC didn't is Ivan McGlone.:Thumbs: No offense to the JC coach he will make his own mark before it is said and done with.
i gave russell credit,like i said in a earlier post the last team to defeat belfry at home was russell,if the pirates dont come to play it will be a repeat of last time,russell plays belfry tuff every time..but russell defense is not no where near the same as they brought to town 2yrs ago..
cuppett777 Wrote:yea thats why asland blows you guys out and only scores 6on jc,wake up..
Its still early in the week. LOL, were not playing Ashland. Is that the best you have to rely on? Matter of fact it hasn't been 24hrs since your game. I hope you all think you can just skate right by us.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
kybaseball Wrote:I'll give Belfry credit and respect unlike what is being given back to Russell.:Thumbs:

The one Russell has that JC didn't is Ivan McGlone.:Thumbs: No offense to the JC coach he will make his own mark before it is said and done with.
Pfffttt...get over it would you? There is respect there and has been for yrs. We know who beat us in the play-offs at CAM and that stays with us! Belfry and Russell have a mutual respect for each other and that respect has been evident since the Coach Roddy days! This game will be an all out war! I am sure of this and the point spread will be small..Go BIG Red!!!!!
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:Pfffttt...get over it would you? There is respect there and has been for yrs. We know who beat us in the play-offs at CAM and that stays with us! Belfry and Russell have a mutual respect for each other and that respect has been evident since the Coach Roddy days! This game will be an all out war! I am sure of this and the point spread will be small..Go BIG Red!!!!!
Go BIG RED DEVILS!!!!!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Russell's season ends Friday

Belfry by 3 TD's
If...Then Wrote:Russell's season ends Friday

Belfry by 3 TD's

You are playing Russell not W Carter.
[quote=jgrubby]Its still early in the week. LOL, were not playing Ashland. Is that the best you have to rely on? Matter of fact it hasn't been 24hrs since your game. I hope you all think you can just skate right by us.[/quote]

You bet your life this will NEVER happen. Coach Haywood doesn't take any game or any team lightly. The boys will practice full force and will be prepared come game time....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Boozer Wrote:You are playing Russell not W Carter.

UM.... he knows who BELFRY is playing... ALTHOUGH he doesn't attend BHS!!! Wink

jgrubby Wrote:Go BIG RED DEVILS!!!!!
lol...That respect is there and you know that I am correct with this statement regardless of what side of the line of scrimmage we are on and you know that neither team will run away with this game. It will be close!Cool
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:lol...That respect is there and you know that I am correct with this statement regardless of what side of the line of scrimmage we are on and you know that neither team will run away with this game. It will be close!Cool
Yes respect will be there. Words are cheap. This will be a great game. I can not wait. This is a rivalry game we have seen for over 30 years now. Early 80's til now. Playoffs just aren't the same without Russell-Belfry near the end. This will go down to the last play.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
some of you guys are being homers..
lets look at this realistically..
what has been so great about Russells season this year?
lets be honest, Russell is down this year compared to what they usually bring to the table.. even you guys have been frustrated with this team..
the 41-14 victory is not really that much of a feat.. everyone usually beats up on PC.. it is what should have happened..
do you guys honestly believe that Belfry is not much better than West Carter?
its normal that a undefeated team be flat every now and then.. Belfry doesn't have a L where they get that flat game out of thier system..
Belfry will come out on fire next week.. and I believe that will just be too much for Russell this year.. they finally get revenge on the team who crushed thier dreams in 06..

Like I stated earlier.. Belfry 48-20
mrfootball03 Wrote:some of you guys are being homers..
lets be honest, Russell is down this year compared to what they usually bring to the table.. even you guys have been frustrated with this team..
the 41-14 victory is not really that much of a feat.. everyone usually beats up on PC.. it is what should have happened..
do you guys honestly believe that Belfry is not much better than West Carter..
its normal that a undefeated team be flat every now and then.. Belfry doesn't have a L where they get that flat game out of thier system..
Belfry will come out on fire next week.. and I believe that will just be too much for Russell this year.. they finally get to have revenge on the team who crushed thier dreams in 06..

I hope you all think you will just go right buy Russell!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:I hope you all think you will just go right buy Russell!

Did you not read my earlier post?? No one will over look Russell... You don't have to worry about that...

Belfry rolls in this one.
mrfootball03 Wrote:some of you guys are being homers..
do you guys honestly believe that Belfry is not much better than West Carter?
Belfry will come out on fire next week.. and I believe that will just be too much for Russell this year.. they finally get revenge on the team who crushed thier dreams in 06..

Ordinarily...I agree with ya whole heartedly, but football is a mind-set also! You must have the skill and the ability to get the statisitics, but..when it comes to a Russell-Belfry play-off game, the statistics go out the window. The game becomes mental and anything goes! It will be a close game, which makes for a great Friday Night! I do think my Pirates have the upperhand in this game and will get the W! That team is on a mission and it ends on the carpet!
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:Pfffttt...get over it would you? There is respect there and has been for yrs. We know who beat us in the play-offs at CAM and that stays with us! Belfry and Russell have a mutual respect for each other and that respect has been evident since the Coach Roddy days! This game will be an all out war! I am sure of this and the point spread will be small..Go BIG Red!!!!!

GET OVER WHAT????????????? I DON'T THINK I SAID ANYTHING TO YOU THERE PUNCHY.
kybaseball Wrote:GET OVER WHAT????????????? I DON'T THINK I SAID ANYTHING TO YOU THERE PUNCHY.

It was a reply to the post you made about Russell not getting any respect... If they are respected by any, its Belfry. The Belfry/Russell games are always GREAT games, GREAT friends, and GREAT food shared with friends at the tailgates!!! Belfry has respect for Russell..... Maybe there are individuals who do not show it themselves but as a whole.... It's there!!

phs1986 Wrote:Did you not read my earlier post?? No one will over look Russell... You don't have to worry about that...
mrfootball didn't
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:mrfootball didn't

LOL.... okay!

Big Grin

kybaseball Wrote:GET OVER WHAT????????????? I DON'T THINK I SAID ANYTHING TO YOU THERE PUNCHY.
Just replying to the comment about respect...Belfry/Russell share a mutual respect..[B][/B]
I'm kind of curious why all the Sheldon Clark people think Belfry will lose. Is it an actual prediction, or just hoping that we do lose?

~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:Just replying to the comment about respect...Belfry/Russell share a mutual respect..
OK kids, keep it cool. This is going to be a great thread. Keep it going positively. This one has the making for a BGR record. :redboxer: May need a crow thread too. LOL
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:OK kids, keep it cool. This is going to be a great thread. Keep it going positively. This one has the making for a BGR record. :redboxer: May need a crow thread too. LOL
Am I not always positiveCool :Thumbs:
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:Am I not always positiveCool :Thumbs:
Then constructive.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Just because I added a lil Pfft...to it...lol..there was sensitivity...honestly I am teasing..and I apologize if anyone was offended...not my intention..
jgrubby Wrote:I hope you all think you will just go right buy Russell!

Belfry will not overlook them.. if they both bring their A game.. Belfrys A game > Russells A game..
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:Ordinarily...I agree with ya whole heartedly, but football is a mind-set also! You must have the skill and the ability to get the statisitics, but..when it comes to a Russell-Belfry play-off game, the statistics go out the window. The game becomes mental and anything goes! It will be a close game, which makes for a great Friday Night! I do think my Pirates have the upperhand in this game and will get the W! That team is on a mission and it ends on the carpet!

it wont be a very close game.. it will be a 2+ TD game.. mark it down..
mrfootball03 Wrote:Belfry will not overlook them.. if they both bring their A game.. Belfrys A game > Russells A game..

Russell is the one team Belfry will never overlook.

I'll be the very first to say that if Belfry does not bring their A-game and turn the ball over they can and will lose... but when Belfry is on top of their game they are 2-3 TD's better than any other team in 3A except Lou. Central....

Any Russell fan who puts alot of stock in Belfry struggling with WC in the First half is in for a rude awakening...

Any Belfry fan who takes stock in Ashland beating Russell, then JC destroying Ashland may be equally dellusional.
Belfry is tough team no doubt about that! But they do have some weekness's that Russell should exploit! If Ivan mixes the run and pass properly Russell should move the ball well! I then think it will come down to defense to determine the outcome!!
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next