Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
74.50%
Russell Red Devils
25.50%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
jgrubby Wrote:Just concerned!!! LOL, I would have loved to have heard the halftime speech!:flame:
Wasn't even so much concerned. I ddin't doubt Belfry would bounce back but was pretty disgusted with the effort, as I'm sure was the coaching staff. As a player you never take anything for granted and I'm sure they learned from that, but I would say the halftime speach wasn't pleasent.
bucslover68 Wrote:Yea I know, I said West did play with Belfry, East did not. East was the next to last regular season game and West was last Friday.

You guys know i don't have any sense.Smile Smile Smile Smile
jgrubby Wrote:Speech or concerned?

Well, I didn't want to hear the halftime lecture...lol.

Honestly, I wasn't too concerned with the game. I knew Belfry had just came off an emotional win against a very big and good Johnson Central team. Then they have to get up for a team they are expected to drill...just gotta remember they are still kids no matter how much the staff drills into them to be prepared mentally as well as physically.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, I didn't want to hear the halftime lecture...lol.

Honestly, I wasn't too concerned with the game. I knew Belfry had just came off an emotional win against a very big and good Johnson Central team. Then they have to get up for a team they are expected to drill...just gotta remember they are still kids no matter how much the staff drills into them to be prepared mentally as well as physically.
I agree with you whole heartedly. Anything can happen in this contest. Trust me Russell will not underestimate Belfry this year or any year! I just hope the Pirates do Russell. LOL, With all of the posts on here some of the Belfry fans do. I just hope the team thinks that way too! Can't wait!:redboxer:
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:I agree with you whole heartedly. Anything can happen in this contest. Trust me Russell will not underestimate Belfry this year or any year! I just hope the Pirates do Russell. LOL, With all of the posts on here some of the Belfry fans do. I just hope the team thinks that way too! Can't wait!:redboxer:

Well, both the Belfry and Russell fans in here are predicting a win for their respective team. IMO, Belfry will not underestimate Russell...we will be ready and focused.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:...and Russell suddenly has cured all their tackling, blocking, and run stopping issues when they beat Pike Central?

What kind of weaknesses do you think Belfry have?

They are weaker than normal in secondary! And they don't have the O-line to really push there O. But they have very good sized backs and they are a truly great team! Russell just had some injuries and a few set backs that caused most everyone of the Russell fans among others to lose confidence. But Ivan need to correct his O-line issues or Belfry is going to win this one IMHO!
SmackDaddy2 Wrote:They are weaker than normal in secondary! And they don't have the O-line to really push there O. But they have very good sized backs and they are a truly great team! Russell just had some injuries and a few set backs that caused most everyone of the Russell fans among others to lose confidence. But Ivan need to correct his O-line issues or Belfry is going to win this one IMHO!

Belfry had a 4 yard surge every play vs. Johnson central, you see their O-line as a weakness?

Belfry traditionally has issues in the secondary, but this secondary is just as good as the 2005 and 2006 units Russell faced. What team was able to exploit Belfry in the secondary? Johnson Central only had 90 yards passing with the majority of that on three catches (two of which by ian Wlech), Russell has noone as talented as Welch at WR.
Belfry0304 Wrote:The last loss in CAM Stadium
Russell.

The last game Steve Phillips ever called
Russell.

The last time Belfry was shut out
Russell.

Gotta love that motivation.

I will bet you anything that if Coach haywood says that it over by halftime
kybaseball Wrote:You guys know i don't have any sense.Smile Smile Smile Smile

Yeah I know..we all saw your prediction for the JC/Belfry game and now your prediction for this week... Wink Smile
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Yeah I know..we all saw your prediction for the JC/Belfry game and now your prediction for this week... Wink Smile

In the JC/Belfry game i got it within a td just picked the wrong team. But I have it right this week.Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Yeah I know..we all saw your prediction for the JC/Belfry game and now your prediction for this week... Wink Smile

NOT to change the subject but EKU... this^^^^^ was your 1,000 post!!! Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Congrats EKUAlum05 lol
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
HAHA... 800 of them have been sarcastic
My prediction for the Russell game is that if Belfry comes out playing like they did against West carter,IT is over!!! Ivan Mcglone knows Belfry football as good as Haywood!!!! 2yrs ago' Better than Haywood!! LOL, I wish we could haved played them last year, OH well " water under the bridge", Mr Mcglone runs the blitz very, very well against Belfry! If Belfry is to win,,, "Watch films of Russell!!! And everyone knows!! (AND I MEAN EVERYONE KNOWS!!!!) Don't keep the snap count the same for 2-two quarters!!! If ya see the linebackers shooting the gaps,,,Change it.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA... 800 of them have been sarcastic
Really? Nah not you!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
This game has the making of a good one. Russell is a very worthy opponent who will come to play. I expect nothing but a good game. I do feel as if Belfry is the better team this year from what we really have to compare which is very little. I am not big on they beat them so they should beat this team and so on. We all know deep down that this has the making for a good game that both communities will be proud of. I totally respect the Russell players, coaches and community and I truly feel as if most from Russell feel the same about Belfry. I feel as if some of the posts are way out of line by both team’s fans. This is not about who has the best this and that. It is about who is the best football team and we should keep the focus more in that direction. Both programs have been blessed with tradition and it is only sad that one of the two must depart from the playoff so soon. Ivan and Haywood will prepare these young men for the battle and will expect nothing but the best from their respected players for 48 minutes. The battle on Friday will determine what we have been attempting to post on here with some in bad taste. Some will be right in their prediction and some will be wrong. We all know win or lose that both communities will deep down be itching for the next match-up between the two. Just remember to be more thankful of what each school has compared to what they don’t have. As a belfry fan, I know that we can never overlook a well coached Russell team any year. This team, like Belfry, will make you pay for your mistakes! I hope that we have the opportunity to watch one for the ages and everyone can walk away without injury. I will be picking my Pirates as stated earlier in a very close game at the half; however, the Pirates will put the game away in the second half.

Belfry- 35
Russell- 21
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Do you all think that the fans could change this game? Louder than ever with disruption. Your radio jockeys down there say you all waste your time being loud. They think it has no effect. So, why go and spend a cold night watching football then?(To be fair only one of the radio hosts didn't though.)
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Alright here's my prediction:

IMO it is simple algebra:
Belfry's A Game > Russell's A Game
Belfry's B Game < Russell's A Game
Belfry's B Game = Russell's B Game

Belfry + Home Field + Stronger Line Play + Unfinished Business=

Belfry 28
Russell 17

Pirates grind out a loooong, tiring, time consuming drive in the 4th Quarter to seal the deal.
Wow, almost 400 posts and 13 pages and its only Monday....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Alright here's my prediction:

IMO it is simple algebra:
Belfry's A Game > Russell's A Game
Belfry's B Game < Russell's A Game
Belfry's B Game = Russell's B Game

Belfry + Home Field + Stronger Line Play + Unfinished Business=

Belfry 28
Russell 17

Pirates grind out a loooong, tiring, time consuming drive in the 4th Quarter to seal the deal.
LMAO!!! Thats awesome. So you believe in the Massey Ratings too I assume. Its still an argument though.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
My prediction for the game, If Belfry's "D" line holds up!! We are in for a Barnburner!!
madmann1 Wrote:My prediction for the game, If Belfry's "D" line holds up!! We are in for a Barnburner!!

Barnburner in the first half...Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Barnburner in the first half...Big Grin
Keep on thinking that!!!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
phs1986 Wrote:NO... I don't need it!!! LMAO.... I guess I should say...

Can you hold on to $20.00 for more than a day????

Does that refresh your memory?
Oh yeah LOLSmile
My call, From what i have seen from Both teams!!!

RUSSELL 35

Belfry 21
bucslover68 Wrote:Nice to know it is better. The old press box at Vipperman was, well, old. There is no place you will go that will treat you better than the folks at Belfry will. The homemade candy is provided by Mrs. Brenda Phillips, widow of legendary Belfry PA announcer Steve Phillips. She and a group of ladies from their church, which Haywood attends, fixes it each week. Each member of the print or radio or TV media gets their own individual container of candy. Also, any film crew or others from a visiting school get one as well. The Pirettes, the school's representatives for football, will take your food order for halftime and a stand-up cooler of drinks is provided. Also, coffee and hot chocolate can be ordered as well.
Hey Bucslover, You think I could get a press pass so we could keep Joe from breaking his diet?:lmao:
bucslover68 Wrote:BTW, to answer a previous question, the series, according to the Belfry program, which lists the all-time records versus each team, has Russell ahead 11-9.

1973 Russell 26 Belfry 6
1974 Russell 14 Belfry 12
1975 Belfry 13 Russell 9
1976 Belfry 8 Russell 0 OT
1977 Russell 10 Belfry 0
1978 Russell 7 Belfry 6
1979 Belfry 6 Russell 0
1980 Belfry 21 Russell 6
1981 Russell 12 Belfry 6 OT
1982 Russell 41 Belfry 16
1983 Russell 10 Belfry 7 OT
1984 Russell 28 Belfry 0
1985 Belfry 14 Russell 6
1986 Belfry 40 Russell 6
1988 Russell 1 Belfry 0 (Belfry forfeit because KHSAA rules violation actual score was 28-14 Belfry)

1989 Russell 15 Belfry 6
1990 Belfry 33 Russell 8
2004 Belfry 39 Russell 17
2005 Russell 20 Belfry 14
2006 Russell 19 Belfry 0
footballcrazy08 Wrote:Okay, okay, here we go. Belfry WILL beat Russell this Friday night and it will not be pretty. The Junior and Senior Class for the Pirates remember the 06' game very well. They will be out for revenge! All the bashing and bickering is way far fetched. Yes West Carter did plan an excellent first half against the Pirates but did anyone catch a glance at the scoreboard at the END of the game? Belfry won. So just because a little miracle team came in and made a couple of big plays does not mean they were better than Belfry. If so, they would have kicked Belfry's tail all four quraters which has yet to be seen. So if you Russell fans HONESTLY think you can drive down to Cam Stadium and take a big "W" home with you than c'mon down!

-Jealousy is a sickness, GET WELL SOON RED DEVILS! Smile

Belfry 35 Russell 14
...LOL
FBALL Wrote:1973 Russell 26 Belfry 6
1974 Russell 14 Belfry 12
1975 Belfry 13 Russell 9
1976 Belfry 8 Russell 0 OT
1977 Russell 10 Belfry 0
1978 Russell 7 Belfry 6
1979 Belfry 6 Russell 0
1980 Belfry 21 Russell 6
1981 Russell 12 Belfry 6 OT
1982 Russell 41 Belfry 16
1983 Russell 10 Belfry 7 OT
1984 Russell 28 Belfry 0
1985 Belfry 14 Russell 6
1986 Belfry 40 Russell 6
1988 Russell 1 Belfry 0 (Belfry forfeit because KHSAA rules violation actual score was 28-14 Belfry)

1989 Russell 15 Belfry 6
1990 Belfry 33 Russell 8
2004 Belfry 38 Russell 17
2005 Russell 27 Belfry 20
2006 Russell 19 Belfry 0

well im not sure where you got that at... but i know the 2005 game, Russell won 20-14 not 27-20

And in 04 it was Belfry 39-17
My IQ has dropped about 50 points from reading this thread.

There you go fellas. Have a ball with it.
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next