Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville: Do you root for them?
I try to root for Louisville, I really do but I usually fail except when they are playing a team that I really hate like UConn or Duke. I enjoyed watching Pitino's UK teams play and I respect his coaching ability, but I soured on him as a human being because of the way he abused Roderick Rhodes. I don't root against Louisville because of Pitino but if their coach was less of a jerk, then it would be a little bit easier to support the Cards.
I will root for louisville as long as EJ playes for them, I love to see a mountain kid doing well, I am also glad to see UK back on top, College basketball just wasnt the same without them being one of the top teams !!!!!!!!!
In no circumstance would I ever cheer for or hope that Louisville wins any game. I hope Elisha does well, but I'd be fine if they didn't win any games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^^Because it's Loserville, and their nasty fans, and coach, and ugh bro...duh.

I found myself rooting for them against UCONN actually. But no, I usually don't. I like to see Elisha do well though, like everyone else. Even though he's from Valley.
vundy33 Wrote:^^Because it's Loserville, and their nasty fans, and coach, and ugh bro...duh.

I found myself rooting for them against UCONN actually. But no, I usually don't. I like to see Elisha do well though, like everyone else. Even though he's from Valley.

This part KILLS me. I am a UK fan through and through, yet there are things that I don't like and I get blasted by BLIND UK fans. And we can dare say that any other school in the country has NASTY Fans? That's laughable to think we our fans are 2nd to anyone when being NASTY!
How and why do you hate pitino as a coach? He is fabulous! Look at the talent he has this season, its the worst he has had in 10-12 years lol... and we are finding ways to win against big teams....Off the court issues have crippled him recruiting though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
vundy33 Wrote:^^Because it's Loserville, and their nasty fans, and coach, and ugh bro...duh.

Nasty fans? and coach??? How?? there fans are not near as bad as UK fans! UK fans are the dirtiest fans ever! and there coach has had off the court issues
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:How and why do you hate pitino as a coach? He is fabulous! Look at the talent he has this season, its the worst he has had in 10-12 years lol... and we are finding ways to win against big teams....Off the court issues have crippled him recruiting though
It's got alot to do with the Big East being WAY overrated... A few decent teams, but none that stand out as good to great teams.
I would cheer for Louisville ( I did in the past) but the whole Pitino scandal where he cheated on his wife turns me off. I know some people could care less, but that makes me rout against him. I'm a man that believes in ethics and honesty. Pitino has neither.
letthebighogroot Wrote:It's got alot to do with the Big East being WAY overrated... A few decent teams, but none that stand out as good to great teams.

The Beast East is not overrated. The conference consistently has 7-8 ranked teams.
Aslan Wrote:The Beast East is not overrated. The conference consistently has 7-8 ranked teams.

So having ranked teams means that the conference can't be overrated ??? Do you honestly think after watching last nights game that G'town and Louisville are the 13th and 14th best teams in the nation ? The 'Cuse has lost 4 in a row, Wva got it handed to them by Marshall, Uconn peaked 3 weeks ago, Nova is an enigma, same as the Johnnies......Lets see, who's left ? Notre Dame, (they get the same treatment as their football team) no rational fan that watches basketball and has never been molested by a catholic priest confuses them with a legit team.
Pitt is the only Big East team that has been both good and consistent this season. So yeah, IMO the Big East is vastly overrated. If you have evidence to the contrary please provide it....
Every team goes through ups and downs. Name a conference that's better.
SEC? UK that's about it, and were very inconsistent. Florida and Tenn are even more inconsistent.
B12? Top heavy. Texas & Kansas. Baylor might make the tournament. Missouri is pretty good. Texas A&M is very overrated imo.
B10? Ohio State is the best team in the country. Purdue is good, but without Robbie Hummel there not an elite team. Michigan State is currently on the bubble.
PAC10? Worse than the SEC.
ACC? UNC is improving, they might make it to the dance. Duke is good, but they just got embarrassed by one of the worst Big East teams, St Johns.

There is no great dominate team in college basketball this year. There just a lot of good teams. The Big East has many of them. Pitt, UCONN, Villanova, Lville, Notre Dame, Cuse, and Gtown. Good teams, not great, but still better than the rest of the country.
Anyone who knows anything about college basketball will acknowledge that the Big East is the BEST conference in college basketball. It's not even debatable!
^Without a doubt! It's the SEC of college football.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Stardust Wrote:Anyone who knows anything about college basketball will acknowledge that the Big East is the BEST conference in college basketball. It's not even debatable!

Nobody is debating the best conference, debating if the Big East is overrated or equal to the media hype.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Nobody is debating the best conference, debating if the Big East is overrated or equal to the media hype.

There's no other conference to hype up. College basketball is down this year, but the Big East has still stayed strong.
Aslan Wrote:Every team goes through ups and downs. Name a conference that's better.
SEC? UK that's about it, and were very inconsistent. Florida and Tenn are even more inconsistent.
B12? Top heavy. Texas & Kansas. Baylor might make the tournament. Missouri is pretty good. Texas A&M is very overrated imo.
B10? Ohio State is the best team in the country. Purdue is good, but without Robbie Hummel there not an elite team. Michigan State is currently on the bubble.
PAC10? Worse than the SEC.
ACC? UNC is improving, they might make it to the dance. Duke is good, but they just got embarrassed by one of the worst Big East teams, St Johns.

There is no great dominate team in college basketball this year. There just a lot of good teams. The Big East has many of them. Pitt, UCONN, Villanova, Lville, Notre Dame, Cuse, and Gtown. Good teams, not great, but still better than the rest of the country.

You basically made my point. I wasn't trying to say there was a better top to bottom conference than the Big East. I said the Big East was overrated and very incosistent. You just said the same thing.
Aslan Wrote:There's no other conference to hype up. College basketball is down this year, but the Big East has still stayed strong.

Again, making my point. "There isn't any conference to hype, so we will hype the Big East."
Guess we will have to. Now to get back to the question.... No way would I ever root for Louisville.
The Big East is the best but even this year it is down. All of college basketball is down. All the big dogs are getting beat by teams that are horrible.
In a word, NO. If my kids decide to go there, they go on their own dime. If UK isn't in the NCAA tourney, there are 63 other teams I would like to see win it over UL. I hate TN and SC, and would rather see them win the tourney over UL.
I used to be dead set on hating everything about Louisville..
But I have to say, this year they are ok...

I mean UK beat them, that made me happy.
But can't root against your fellow brethren unless we end up meeting them in the tournament.

We have to shots at the title IMO. UK and Louisville. I will be rooting for UK to win against UL every year.. But my hate for Louisville is no more..
Unless I have $$$ on the other side.....YES
I like Pitino, I appreciate him for putting UK Basketball back into PRIMETIME, however, I cannot root for UofL. I will not and choose not to and that should be fine with UK and UofL fans because it is a rival and people can choose what they wish.

RP said many times over that his biggest mistake was to leave UK for Boston, it wasn't a popular decision by us Blue Bloods at the time but he made a mistake and you can't hate a guy for trying something that could've made him a legend at Boston.
letthebighogroot Wrote:So having ranked teams means that the conference can't be overrated ??? Do you honestly think after watching last nights game that G'town and Louisville are the 13th and 14th best teams in the nation ? The 'Cuse has lost 4 in a row, Wva got it handed to them by Marshall, Uconn peaked 3 weeks ago, Nova is an enigma, same as the Johnnies......Lets see, who's left ? Notre Dame, (they get the same treatment as their football team) no rational fan that watches basketball and has never been molested by a catholic priest confuses them with a legit team.
Pitt is the only Big East team that has been both good and consistent this season. So yeah, IMO the Big East is vastly overrated. If you have evidence to the contrary please provide it....

I dont see that... that just means that all the teams are good to me... I mean UL and gtown, that was a typical game of teams ranked that close..Notre dame has some big wins
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
On the topic of the Big East this year..
They are hands down the best conference this year...
All other conferences are just down..

ACC - Duke, UNC
SEC - UK, Florida, Vandy, (Tenn. sometimes)
Big East - Pittsburgh 10-1 22-2
Notre Dame 8-3 19-4
Villanova 7-3 19-4
Louisville 7-3 18-5
Syracuse 7-4 20-4
Georgetown 7-4 18-5
Connecticut 6-4 18-4
West Virginia 6-5 15-8
Cincinnati 5-5 18-5
Marquette 5-5 14-9
St. John's 5-5 13-9
Definitley head and shoulders better than the other conferences..

Big 10 - Ohio State, Wisconsin, Purdue

All other conferences really aren't even factored into this, because I don't see them relevant. Smile
No.
I do not root for Louisville.
but if Rick Pitino ever mentioned coming back to UK I would be the first one to meet him in Lexington Wink
No! No! No! but I do think they are playing pretty good basketball lately. I don't like what their Coach has become but I respect the way he coaches.
zaga_fan Wrote:No.
I do not root for Louisville.
but if Rick Pitino ever mentioned coming back to UK I would be the first one to meet him in Lexington Wink

Me and you both!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL