Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 15th Region (pre-season ranking)
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Burton is the second best pitcher on that staff, i think anyway? They have an ace and until somebody can legitamately take that away from him then Burton will be a solid #2. What I am saying is depending on the draw we may not see LC's #1 or #2 against Pikeville. They may very well have to burn them to get to the finals. Their offense will not be as strong as years past so the luxury of saving people may not be an option for them? Pikeville has the fire power to definetely blow some people out, and if they can do that in the first round and save one of their top 2, they would have the edge. Personally, I think based on offensively and defensively that Pikeville is the better team in that match up. However, when you throw Shep on the mound, he can single handily beat anybody. It's really going to come down to the draw I think?

I am not sure what your question was asking? If that doesn't clear it up let me know and i'll try again?
This whole thing assumes that Pikeville and LC would be in the finals(which may of cource not happen). My basic question was assuming as you have held that Burton was the Pikeville#2 getting the call and Moore is the Lc#2 also getting the nod. In this situation what would you think the reason for a Panther victory. LC's failure to hit Burton or Pikeville's hitting of Moore or perhaps a combination of several things. It in someways is a surprise that you call Burton a Pikeville #2. I wonder how the Pikeville faithful would call that order.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Timmy Hayes

Timmy was a good player but the fact is he was a UofL walkon(where is I guess it didn't pan out), and then transferred to a JUCO himself (Potomac State) where evidently the same applied.

I dont know that that is really any better.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:This whole thing assumes that Pikeville and LC would be in the finals(which may of cource not happen). My basic question was assuming as you have held that Burton was the Pikeville#2 getting the call and Moore is the Lc#2 also getting the nod. In this situation what would you think the reason for a Panther victory. LC's failure to hit Burton or Pikeville's hitting of Moore or perhaps a combination of several things. It in someways is a surprise that you call Burton a Pikeville #2. I wonder how the Pikeville faithful would call that order.

Lawrence may even develope the same mentality that the JC basketball program developed this year and not make it anywhere. Kind of sounds like the players, (based on posts on here) have it all won before the season even starts.
doomsday Wrote:And I did not say anything bad about Pikeville College (University now)

I was stating thats where he will be because thats what talent level he is on, the same as everyone else around here.

Walter State is a top JUCO school in the nation,
they recruit nationally, name one thing Burton has done? name one good stat he has?
He was number #3 in the roatation here so what makes you think he's going to go to Walters State with the best of the best and do anything.
He has done nothing to prove himself, and to be among the best from all over?

like I previously stated its common sense not knocking him but without the free finacial aid college do you think he would be there? Would you waste a scholorship on him? When there are so many other kids who are proven and much higher on the talent scale to give it to.Stop being so biased and trying to bash every LC fan. Not all of us try to do nothing but start trouble like most of the people on here lately, which should be ignored because you can base everything of a small group of kids trying to start trouble because they are bored.

For the most part that is not much different than what the vast majority of what everyone else receives. The vast majority of those that do receive scholarships may only receive $500-$2,000 a year(nonrenewable) at best, coupled with other forms of financial aide/academic awards, finished off with out-of-pocket. Nobody gets anywhere near a free ride on just baseball abilities alone. As good as Stevie Blevins was, he is a good example.
Bob Seger Wrote:For the most part that is not much different than what the vast majority of what everyone else receives. The vast majority of those that do receive scholarships may only receive $500-$2,000 a year(nonrenewable) at best, coupled with other forms of financial aide/academic awards, finished off with out-of-pocket. Nobody gets anywhere near a free ride on just baseball abilities alone. As good as Stevie Blevins was, he is a good example.

Yea you are right about that! It really cracks me up when I see so many people post on here and they throw around the phrase "free ride," like everyone that gets a scholarship gets a free ride?
doomsday Wrote:And I did not say anything bad about Pikeville College (University now)

I was stating thats where he will be because thats what talent level he is on, the same as everyone else around here.

Walter State is a top JUCO school in the nation,
they recruit nationally, name one thing Burton has done? name one good stat he has?
He was number #3 in the roatation here so what makes you think he's going to go to Walters State with the best of the best and do anything.
He has done nothing to prove himself, and to be among the best from all over?

like I previously stated its common sense not knocking him but without the free finacial aid college do you think he would be there? Would you waste a scholorship on him? When there are so many other kids who are proven and much higher on the talent scale to give it to.

Stop being so biased and trying to bash every LC fan. Not all of us try to do nothing but start trouble like most of the people on here lately, which should be ignored because you can base everything of a small group of kids trying to start trouble because they are bored.

Sounds like the same thing said three years ago about a W/S player who is going to UK next year, Shane Grimm.

Burton is receiving Baseball money at W/S, I know for a fact that Coach Campbell used one of his out of state tuition waivers on Sam. Get over your jealousy, he may be the only former Lawrence County player pitching in the SEC in three years. JEALOUSY is a devastating thing to deal with, good luck with that.
Bob Seger Wrote:Lawrence may even develope the same mentality that the JC basketball program developed this year and not make it anywhere. Kind of sounds like the players, (based on posts on here) have it all won before the season even starts.
Bob ,I think that really and truly you have to remove the LC players and coaches out of this equation. The response to which you elude is isolated within the framework of a few individuals that are indeed lacking or affected. Heck we may very well see Belfry/JC/Paintsville. Been thinking about your water hypothesis. Since the water starts in the Fishtrap/Haysi area and goes through Pikeville,Prestonsburg,Paintsville and Lousia I have taken the liberity of filing a compliant with the EPA. I would doubt that Lc doesn't make for any reason other than they just got beat.
Commanche Wrote:Sounds like the same thing said three years ago about a W/S player who is going to UK next year, Shane Grimm.

Burton is receiving Baseball money at W/S, I know for a fact that Coach Campbell used one of his out of state tuition waivers on Sam. Get over your jealousy, he may be the only former Lawrence County player pitching in the SEC in three years. JEALOUSY is a devastating thing to deal with, good luck with that.

Why would he be the only one in the SEC? Are you saying Shep is going to get drafted?
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Bob ,I think that really and truly you have to remove the LC players and coaches out of this equation. The response to which you elude is isolated within the framework of a few individuals that are indeed lacking or affected. Heck we may very well see Belfry/JC/Paintsville. Been thinking about your water hypothesis. Since the water starts in the Fishtrap/Haysi area and goes through Pikeville,Prestonsburg,Paintsville and Lousia I have taken the liberity of filing a compliant with the EPA. I would doubt that Lc doesn't make for any reason other than they just got beat.

Seeing that a lot of the posts are coming from LC players both past and present I offer the theory that it may be derived from water coming from out of the Yatesville basin then. There is no other theory that I can come up with as to why the native youth react in the manner in which they do. Wait, on second thought another possible theory may be at hand here. Perhaps the baby formula for all involved came from a common contaminated source during the infancy stages and now has irreversable effects. Perhaps it's not the EPA that needs consulted but rather the FDA. Granted there may be those that are not native to the geographic community that indeed do need to be considered unaffected or immune to where ever the original source of brain cell rot has been derived. Confusedhh: :biggrin: Regardless, I have a lot of confidence in the staff, but from all indications, they sure do have their hands full.

LOL, Dont take me serious Charlie, I'm just kidding around.
Sometimes these forums can get a little entertaining. Anyone can bring up some hype over Chandler being the "Big Ace" of the 15th Region, or maybe even the state, or even the fact that a former LC player (Sam Burton) is now on the team the "upset" LC last year - it's all just hype. In my opinion, I say just wait, watch, and listen. When the season progresses, we will find out all the desiring answers to are hypothetical questions. Will Pikeville repeat, or will Lawrence County recapture their "throne" on the 15th Region? Will Sam Burton be the deciding factor in for Pikeville this year? Like I said, let's just wait, watch, and listen. Let the game play out guys, and then when the smoke is all cleared, then say "I told you so", or then say Sam really deserves his scholarship. Don't speed up the season - let it play out! Baseball is a spectacle all in it's self. Set back and watch the bats swing. Then come back and say what you want.
Bob Seger Wrote:Seeing that a lot of the posts are coming from LC players both past and present I offer the theory that it may be derived from water coming from out of the Yatesville basin then. There is no other theory that I can come up with as to why the native youth react in the manner in which they do. Wait, on second thought another possible theory may be at hand here. Perhaps the baby formula for all involved came from a common contaminated source during the infancy stages and now has irreversable effects. Perhaps it's not the EPA that needs consulted but rather the FDA. Granted there may be those that are not native to the geographic community that indeed do need to be considered unaffected or immune to where ever the original source of brain cell rot has been derived. Confusedhh: :biggrin: Regardless, I have a lot of confidence in the staff, but from all indications, they sure do have their hands full.

LOL, Dont take me serious Charlie, I'm just kidding around.
I understand and don't have a theory for the little people. They certainly make you want to avoid posting and reading. I guess I do not understand a Universal absence from other realms. They will start eating candy bars and the trolls will surface.
THExBURCHINATER Wrote:Sometimes these forums can get a little entertaining. Anyone can bring up some hype over Chandler being the "Big Ace" of the 15th Region, or maybe even the state, or even the fact that a former LC player (Sam Burton) is now on the team the "upset" LC last year - it's all just hype. In my opinion, I say just wait, watch, and listen. When the season progresses, we will find out all the desiring answers to are hypothetical questions. Will Pikeville repeat, or will Lawrence County recapture their "throne" on the 15th Region? Will Sam Burton be the deciding factor in for Pikeville this year? Like I said, let's just wait, watch, and listen. Let the game play out guys, and then when the smoke is all cleared, then say "I told you so", or then say Sam really deserves his scholarship. Don't speed up the season - let it play out! Baseball is a spectacle all in it's self. Set back and watch the bats swing. Then come back and say what you want.
Excellent post!!!! You managed to step out of the pile on that one.:Thumbs:
THExBURCHINATER Wrote:Sometimes these forums can get a little entertaining. Anyone can bring up some hype over Chandler being the "Big Ace" of the 15th Region, or maybe even the state, or even the fact that a former LC player (Sam Burton) is now on the team the "upset" LC last year - it's all just hype. In my opinion, I say just wait, watch, and listen. When the season progresses, we will find out all the desiring answers to are hypothetical questions. Will Pikeville repeat, or will Lawrence County recapture their "throne" on the 15th Region? Will Sam Burton be the deciding factor in for Pikeville this year? Like I said, let's just wait, watch, and listen. Let the game play out guys, and then when the smoke is all cleared, then say "I told you so", or then say Sam really deserves his scholarship. Don't speed up the season - let it play out! Baseball is a spectacle all in it's self. Set back and watch the bats swing. Then come back and say what you want.

Great post :Thumbs:
LC looked good in there scrimmage
Once again another thread has turned in to a "LAWRENCE County" thread. Feel free to start another thread on Lawrence if you wish BUT this thread is about ranking the 15th region... NOT who is going to college where and how and why.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
9-POINT Wrote:I heard sam was going straight pro!! :Cheerlead

See PHS1986, whether it be the water or the other theory, they just cant help themselves. LOL
Bob Seger Wrote:See PHS1986, whether it be the water or the other theory, they just cant help themselves. LOL

I understand the frustration one may say about the comments derived by the lack of educational kids/parents of this area (which will not be named) One must elude away from the stupidity of these arrogant remarks. I notice that there are some issues and tech. difficulties of the website pertaining to this. IN comparison should one believe that IP addressing should be able to be banned? this could solve this problem. or having a membership to post what is actually needed and respectful to the site.
I agree I 100% believe that a fee should be charged to post or if you continue to make arrogant, post showing ones true stupidity then you should be banned from the IP adress.

Also I believe the ones pointing the fingers are part of the problem.

CH and BS can use google to educate themselves with synonyms to make them sound smart and 99.9 % of the time say stuff that makes no sense; they provoke all of these young immature posters and make themselves easy targets to submiss ones boredom
SweetTea Wrote:I agree I 100% believe that a fee should be charged to post or if you continue to make arrogant, post showing ones true stupidity then you should be banned from the IP adress.

Also I believe the ones pointing the fingers are part of the problem.

CH and BS can use google to educate themselves with synonyms to make them sound smart and 99.9 % of the time say stuff that makes no sense; they provoke all of these young immature posters and make themselves easy targets to submiss ones boredom

And the evidence continues to build in the case that not only CH and BS have been bringing forth. BUT, everyone else on here also. It's not boredom, it's not funny and sure as heck isn't intellectual.
Talk about pointing fingers. And the thing is...you're pointing them in the wrong direction. And saying things that couldn't be further from the truth. I know both CH & BS, pretty well, and they were well educated waaayy long before "google" was even thought of. They got their knowledge from books (most kids now days don't know what those are), not the world wide web. I for one, deal with it by just flat out refusing to repond to anything they say. I don't even read their post. Acting as if they don't even exist. Except for this one....and it is my last for your amusement.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
doomsday Wrote:chandler shepherd, cody moore, &
tate banks will.

Spencer harris, eric parker, michael compton.

winner :1:
9-POINT Wrote:winner :1:

Spencer Harris... I said the last 5 or 6 years. Pay attention!!!!!!

Chandler Shepherd.... Hasn't even reported to campus yet.

Cody Moore..........JUCO

Michael Compton...........Walkon at Georgetown, played 2 years and quit.

Eric Parker.........Dont make me even laugh at this one. We all know how he got on ther worst team in D1 at the time to begin with, yet still never got to play.

Tate Banks.........Tate Banks will. (will what?) He's not gone anywhere yet. Do better than Pikeville? Probably not.

As I said , name one who has done better.

Interesting that you didn't name the multitude that couldn't make it at Pikeville too, because they flunked out.

Now flash that little trophy some more when you know what you're talking about.

Keep em comin.....NEXT??
chandler wont be reporting to campus because he is gonna be draftedWink
SweetTea Wrote:chandler wont be reporting to campus because he is gonna be draftedWink
On your part, I'm not sure that that is nothing more than a just wild guess, but if he stays healthy, that could be true.
You know nothing about baseball anyways, probably didnt even play in highschool and if you did played for crappy team and rode the bench.
you get on here with CH and say stuff that is absoulutely moronic, and your redundency of making accusations against people from LC being troublemakers is ridiculious.
we have some of the classiest fans around.
sure a few people who may or may not be kids are on here trying to start stuff to get under your skin but your partly the blame, your both at fault.
And if your so well edcuated and classy etc, then you should not even attempt to comment back and argue with them because thats what they want?
your an educated adult so hold yourself accountable.

Your extreme biased posts on a regular baisis are a bit pessimistic and goes overboard on things.
i dont know if your jealous of LC or some of their players or what but you can never give them credit.
i say its time you wake up and realize that yes pikeville won last year, but Lc is the team to beat still in the region. LC is who everyone wants to beat.
And give some credit to them.

MR. seger i suggest that you just turn the page.
Steve Blevins
Bob Seger Wrote:On your part, I'm not sure that that is nothing more than a just wild guess, but if he stays healthy, that could be true.

scouts are at the LC practices, will be attending the scrimmage this week.
scouts were very impressed with shepherd, i think its about time shep starts thinking about a signing bonus instead of what his major will beSmile
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Steve Blevins

exactly, we may see steve in the show here in another season or two.
SweetTea Wrote:You know nothing about baseball anyways, probably didnt even play in highschool and if you did played for crappy team and rode the bench.
you get on here with CH and say stuff that is absoulutely moronic, and your redundency of making accusations against people from LC being troublemakers is ridiculious.
we have some of the classiest fans around.
sure a few people who may or may not be kids are on here trying to start stuff to get under your skin but your partly the blame, your both at fault.
And if your so well edcuated and classy etc, then you should not even attempt to comment back and argue with them because thats what they want?
your an educated adult so hold yourself accountable.

Your extreme biased posts on a regular baisis are a bit pessimistic and goes overboard on things.
i dont know if your jealous of LC or some of their players or what but you can never give them credit.
i say its time you wake up and realize that yes pikeville won last year, but Lc is the team to beat still in the region. LC is who everyone wants to beat.
And give some credit to them.

MR. seger i suggest that you just turn the page.
Haha....Well, it has seemed that I know more about your program than you know yourself. I think it just upsets you and your little comrades that I do. Hurts that I am spot on, doesn't it?

Classy??? I guess I could post the profanity laced PM you sent me the other day. Yeah, you're sure classy.

Pikeville fan? lol.........Hardly.
1. Lc
2. Pikeville

3,4,5,6 and the rest of region doesnt matter. its between these two teams. enough said.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Steve Blevins

The question was, name someone other than Stevie Blevins.