Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 10 Johnson Central 6
Moundbound Wrote:Johnson centrals Logan simkins appears to be third in the rotation for the eagles. Jc will be tough especially if their sticks still continue to produce.

Pikeville will be very beatable without Burton on the mound. With Burton pitching they will be a very tough team. Very good matchup will be pikeville throwing Burton and LC throwing shep. Can't wait for that one.

If your trying to compare burton to shep, you might as well unplug your computer.
Moundbound Wrote:Johnson centrals Logan simkins appears to be third in the rotation for the eagles. Jc will be tough especially if their sticks still continue to produce.

Pikeville will be very beatable without Burton on the mound. With Burton pitching they will be a very tough team. Very good matchup will be pikeville throwing Burton and LC throwing shep. Can't wait for that one.

Wow..just log off Pikeville=:flush:
no comparison
Panther Thunder Wrote:Visitors at Pikeville have the advantage. Unless the team is better than the Panthers. Davis Park levels the playing field. Great facility, but it is detrimental to the better team.

I agree to this one, Pikeville field is legit, Pikeville and LC have the best facilities in EKY perhaps among the top in KY.
Pikevilles field has not flaws along with Lc, i dont mean to bring lc into the discusion but i believe everyone will agree that their field is among the best grass fields around.

as far as the field goes at pikeville is completely fair to both teams,
same at lc. they only separation there is the fans.
9-POINT Wrote:Wow..just log off Pikeville=:flush:
no comparison

no, pikeville and Lc are both legit teams.
the only complete legit teams in the region.
I just believe lc is #1 this year.
last year means nothing, just like 2009 meant nothing for the dawgs last year.
burton may be harder to hit with LCs sticks are down more than you think. dont get me wrong the game will definatly be a low scoring game thats for sure.
Moundbound Wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing pikeville play jc at another ballpark besides their own.

Last year the 8th grader shut them out in 5 innings with 11 KS at the Johnson Central Complex
LAsweetness Wrote:If your trying to compare burton to shep, you might as well unplug your computer.

Sweet Pea calm down or you will be throwing the f bombs around and be suspended again. You will run out of IP addresses.
:lmao:
[quote=Moundbound]Johnson centrals Logan simkins appears to be third in the rotation for the eagles. Jc will be tough especially if their sticks still continue to produce.

Pikeville will be very beatable without Burton on the mound. With Burton pitching they will be a very tough team. Very good matchup will be pikeville throwing Burton and LC throwing shep. Can't wait for that one.[/QUOTE]

I think there is a preconceived notion that Burton would be throwing in that game? I'm not sure he gives you the best chance to win in that situation? You have a couple of other pitchers on that staff that can probably give you a better game against LC? I may be wrong, but I think it would be a bad move to start Burton against LC? Shep handles those situations better than Sam, he has been since he was in 7th grade. I just think if you try and put Shep against Sam then your setting Sam up for failure. I would much rather see Cecil go against LC?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:[quote=Moundbound]Johnson centrals Logan simkins appears to be third in the rotation for the eagles. Jc will be tough especially if their sticks still continue to produce.

Pikeville will be very beatable without Burton on the mound. With Burton pitching they will be a very tough team. Very good matchup will be pikeville throwing Burton and LC throwing shep. Can't wait for that one.[/QUOTE]

I think there is a preconceived notion that Burton would be throwing in that game? I'm not sure he gives you the best chance to win in that situation? You have a couple of other pitchers on that staff that can probably give you a better game against LC? I may be wrong, but I think it would be a bad move to start Burton against LC? Shep handles those situations better than Sam, he has been since he was in 7th grade. I just think if you try and put Shep against Sam then your setting Sam up for failure. I would much rather see Cecil go against LC?

the players of LC would of course yell at sam, maybe trying to get to his head, his heart.... either way i agree putting burton in that type of situation could probably be handled another way, we will see cecils frist start against williamson but pikeville has hamilton who is perfectly capable of pitching against LC as well.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:[quote=Moundbound]Johnson centrals Logan simkins appears to be third in the rotation for the eagles. Jc will be tough especially if their sticks still continue to produce.

Excellent observation in your next to last sentence.

Agreed JRS! Emotions are not a good thing for pitchers and baseball. Sam has been dogged by so many of the LC regime that I think it would be stupid to pit him against LC. Heckling would be awful if they did that. I like Cecil against them as well, he proved last year that he can beat them.
Commanche Wrote:[quote=JackRabbitSlim]

Agreed JRS! Emotions are not a good thing for pitchers and baseball. Sam has been dogged by so many of the LC regime that I think it would be stupid to pit him against LC. Heckling would be awful if they did that. I like Cecil against them as well, he proved last year that he can beat them.
Another good point.I don't know about you guys,but I want to see a ballgame not visit a "Zoo".
Well in my theory we've seen what the left field loonies are capable of at LC when playing PCC can only imagine what they say when a previous dawg, burton, rolls in and pitching.
Dashiprock Wrote:Well in my theory we've seen what the left field loonies are capable of at LC when playing PCC can only imagine what they say when a previous dawg, burton, rolls in and pitching.

They got very quiet the last time Pikeville was there.:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:They got very quiet the last time Pikeville was there.:biggrin:
If "Left Field" is their spot, they probably moved to avoid all the balls flying at them. (McDonald 2, Maynard 1)

Lol that's my smack for the day.
Dashiprock Wrote:Well in my theory we've seen what the left field loonies are capable of at LC when playing PCC can only imagine what they say when a previous dawg, burton, rolls in and pitching.

I think punks would be a more fitting term.
lol @ PT, pikeville has a very legit chance to beat LC after seeing the lack of hits tonight against Paintsville
Bob Seger Wrote:I think punks would be a more fitting term.

Oh come on guys? That's one of the best parts about high school sports!! Now there is a difference in heckling and being very mean, but Pikeville has been known to put students in the stands out in the football bleachers to do the same thing. So I wouldn't start throwing stones just yet about heckling. Pikeville has been known for that for years. I don't know if it's continued but I know it use to be a huge gathering out there in centerfield at Pikeville?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Oh come on guys? That's one of the best parts about high school sports!! Now there is a difference in heckling and being very mean, but Pikeville has been known to put students in the stands out in the football bleachers to do the same thing. So I wouldn't start throwing stones just yet about heckling. Pikeville has been known for that for years. I don't know if it's continued but I know it use to be a huge gathering out there in centerfield at Pikeville?

But there is a difference. In dont think at Pikeville you ever had the umpires stop the game and the home team's administration have police intervene. Obviously you have seen the F Bomb dropping bunch of thugs on here. One and the same.
Bob Seger Wrote:But there is a difference. In dont think at Pikeville you ever had the umpires stop the game and the home team's administration have police intervene. Obviously you have seen the F Bomb dropping bunch of thugs on here. One and the same.

very true
Bob Seger Wrote:But there is a difference. In dont think at Pikeville you ever had the umpires stop the game and the home team's administration have police intervene. Obviously you have seen the F Bomb dropping bunch of thugs on here. One and the same.

The police never had to intervene, and administration wasnt a big deal. how many games have you seen kids hollering and yelling, its part of having the homefield advantage, getting inside the other teams head. Now have you ever seen a game be stopped? there was no Fbomb being dropped and even if it was its not that big of a deal, parents act up just as much.
The paintsville fans on the right field line last night was quite absurd to say so myself, nobody from LC cried about it, its part of it.
Now I can tell you right now that There was parents out there in those bleachers who are big in the church and one Chuck Price a preacher at 1st baptist, do you think he would stand for that? do you think those kids who go to his youth and that know him like they do would do that infront of him? He said they wasnt out of line and nobody was cussing them.

If you are talking about a zoo thats paintsville, drunk parents fighting coaches etc etc.

get over yourself segar.
LAsweetness Wrote:The police never had to intervene, and administration wasnt a big deal. how many games have you seen kids hollering and yelling, its part of having the homefield advantage, getting inside the other teams head. Now have you ever seen a game be stopped? there was no Fbomb being dropped and even if it was its not that big of a deal, parents act up just as much.
The paintsville fans on the right field line last night was quite absurd to say so myself, nobody from LC cried about it, its part of it.
Now I can tell you right now that There was parents out there in those bleachers who are big in the church and one Chuck Price a preacher at 1st baptist, do you think he would stand for that? do you think those kids who go to his youth and that know him like they do would do that infront of him? He said they wasnt out of line and nobody was cussing them.

If you are talking about a zoo thats paintsville, drunk parents fighting coaches etc etc.

get over yourself segar.

it was also ridiculous for Jene to stop that game, who has ever seen that happen?... I have witness much worse at ball games
LAsweetness Wrote:The police never had to intervene, and administration wasnt a big deal. how many games have you seen kids hollering and yelling, its part of having the homefield advantage, getting inside the other teams head. Now have you ever seen a game be stopped? there was no Fbomb being dropped and even if it was its not that big of a deal, parents act up just as much.

get over yourself segar.

Now just how did I know you would be the first to get on here suave it over..... your pretty predictable there Sweet Pea....... It's always the guilty party that speaks up the loudest, aint it?....LOL
I think that is Seger or Cigar. I really don't know which is intended. In advance I appologize as the following comment has nothing to do with JC or Pikeville. At the LC/Paintsville game there were no problems,just a great game. The Paintsville fans questioned one call on what they thought was a hit batter. As to the inference of "Zoo",let me tell you that what happened at Paintsville was terrible situation and can't be defended. I will not try to do that. I will tell you that there was a great personality conflict that took place on a public stage. It is not representive of the Paintsville Fan base. At a baseball game they normally couldn't fill a school bus. I will further tell you that there are many types of "Zoos". In some the eval. of behavior shows sporadic and irregular response, at others there is regular and predictable movement. This all has to do with the inhabitants.:biggrin:

Not drunk parents, very irritated parents - there is a difference. Not during a game, but afterwards. Is that any better not by a long shot. Everyone needs to remember that these are HIGH SCHOOL kids playing a game they love.
Back on topic - Congrats Pikeville, was hoping for a win against the Panthers, maybe next time. We are still in the early part of the season
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Oh come on guys? That's one of the best parts about high school sports!! Now there is a difference in heckling and being very mean, but Pikeville has been known to put students in the stands out in the football bleachers to do the same thing. So I wouldn't start throwing stones just yet about heckling. Pikeville has been known for that for years. I don't know if it's continued but I know it use to be a huge gathering out there in centerfield at Pikeville?
It's all fun and games. I love that part about high school sports. Fans help add to the intensity of games. Especially the heckling fans (heckling, not out of control). Some players are able to use that to their advantage and to motivate them to perform at a higher level, and others they let it get to them and their performance suffers. There is nothing like coming off the field after a having solid inning in which the fans are letting you have it.
Why WHY are people so obsessed with PAINTSVILLE? For goodness sakes, this thread is Pikeville and JCHS!! Talk about the thread!!!!