Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 1 Paintsville 0
Bob Seger Wrote:John Doug is pretty sharp. I dont think you'll see him pull any stupid stunts.
There is no doubt about that. It does concern me that if you are in the kitchen trying to make biscuits and you have one cup of flower you will use it to get the job done. Another great job "Action". You are a great pitcher and even better kid. Your coach ain't to shabby either. He showed his class act during the game last night and shows what he bring to the table at Paintsville.Good luck coach.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well I am not saying he isn't smart, but the kid threw 5 innings on saturday and then came back on Tuesday and threw 6 more. That's a lot of innings this early in the season. A kid with his talent needs to be brought a long the right way, and so far that isn't happening? Sometimes a kids future is more important than a "W"

I've known him as a good friend and watched him coach for 20+ years now. I think the player will always be his first priority. Innings is not always the determining factor. The focal point would be pitch count. I dont know exactly what it was, but me knowing how he operates, he should be given that benefit of a doubt.
Fastball toped out at 90 mr triple crown, plus it was freezing...
Bob Seger Wrote:I've known him as a good friend and watched him coach for 20+ years now. I think the player will always be his first priority. Innings is not always the determining factor. The focal point would be pitch count. I dont know exactly what it was, but me knowing how he operates, he should be given that benefit of a doubt.

Well around 150 pitches in 3 days is not what you want your #1 pitcher throwing this early in the season? I understand the benefit of the doubt, but this is a kid with a lot of potential and I really think that is too many pitches in that amount of time?
the scout left after the 2nd and we asked him what he clocked out at and he said 90. i dont think dawgbyte02 is correct. and triple crown, yes there was a 90 thrown. i dont believe you had a gun that night.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well around 150 pitches in 3 days is not what you want your #1 pitcher throwing this early in the season? I understand the benefit of the doubt, but this is a kid with a lot of potential and I really think that is too many pitches in that amount of time?

Like I said, I have no idea what the pitch count saturday was. Coach Miller didn't email me the stat sheet.:biggrin:
Bottom line, LC won
they had 3 hits, paintsville had 0. LC scored one run, paintsville scored 0.

Bob segar can get on here along with anyone else and say crap but you cant argue because who won?
sure LC didnt get as many hits a they should have or wanted to but atleast they got 3, and im sure paintsville wanted to get atleast 1 hit. bob I can remember back to you saying with Jackson on the mound LC had no chance or something like that well guess what ill take a 1 run game of paintsville this early.
better luck next timeWink
LAsweetness Wrote:Bottom line, LC won

Bob segar can get on here along with anyone else and say crap but you cant argue because who won?
sure LC didnt get as many hits a they should have or wanted to but atleast they got 3, and im sure paintsville wanted to get atleast 1 hit. bob I can remember back to you saying with Jackson on the mound LC had no chance or something like that well guess what ill take a 1 run game of paintsville this early.

a teeny bopper as proclaimed bob lol, dont sweat it.
LAsweetness Wrote:Bottom line, LC won

Nope you didn't.You better back track and re-read that sweetie Pea. I did say LC better be able to at least eek one run across. Chandler can throw a no hitter and still be in jeopardy of loosing in that matchup if the right situation comes up. Recheck it sweetie. Looks like I was 100% right, and I called it spot on... And it dosn't have to be against Jackson for that scenerio to happen. Pikeville has proven that LC has trouble with their pitchers as well. LC better be able to produce a few runs, I dont care who they put on the mound.

Anything else Sweet Pea?
Dashiprock Wrote:a teeny bopper as proclaimed bob lol, dont sweat it.

Have you "let it go" as long as you can again, Dash-Rip-Rock? :biggrin: I think if I was going to use that as my moniker I would at least learn to spell it right.. J/K...lol
It would appear that there is a counsious effort to make last night's game between the Dawgs and Tigers an even closer affair. For example:error to base hit,hits that were small and lucky,statistically historic data and the use of a historically moronic statement. What you must remember in all of this is that this is one of the best games if not the best game that will be played all season. It was played by 18 + young men who put it all out there in a full 7 innings of baseball in extremely adverse weather. I think you have to go to MLB to get it better but I really don't know how. To try and make it better would demean the game of two great young pitchers and a field of players in their "FIELD OF DREAMS". To fully appreciate this game you would have to have made the observation that I did.Am I going to explain? "NO WAY".You cant make this game better or closer it can't be done!!!!!!
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:It would appear that there is a counsious effort to make last night's game between the Dawgs and Tigers an even closer affair. For example:error to base hit,hits that were small and lucky,statistically historic data and the use of a historically moronic statement. What you must remember in all of this is that this is one of the best games if not the best game that will be played all season. It was played by 18 + young men who put it all out there in a full 7 innings of baseball in extremely adverse weather. I think you have to go to MLB to get it better but I really don't know how. To try and make it better would demean the game of two great young pitchers and a field of players in their "FIELD OF DREAMS". To fully appreciate this game you would have to have made the observation that I did.Am I going to explain? "NO WAY".You cant make this game better or closer it can't be done!!!!!!

Sheeeew!!! Charlie, when I have a day or two to dissect what you just said I'll try to repond with something witty. You went over my head, ole buddy.:biggrin:
I have a question for the true baseball community. This is not for the jokers with to much time on their hands but rather those who have a true"Love Of The Game" and the experience to be able to rationally discuss the same. L.C.is getting all the publicity and that blows me away. But what does the program need to do to get the respect of the baseball institution. What or where is the Bar? We are speaking to the Coaches,players and people on the playing surface and not to the "HaHa" boys behind the fence. If it is simply matter of the the little people then I don't know what is to be done.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I have a question for the true baseball community. This is not for the jokers with to much time on their hands but rather those who have a true"Love Of The Game" and the experience to be able to rationally discuss the same. L.C.is getting all the publicity and that blows me away. But what does the program need to do to get the respect of the baseball institution. What or where is the Bar? We are speaking to the Coaches,players and people on the playing surface and not to the "HaHa" boys behind the fence. If it is simply matter of the the little people then I don't know what is to be done.

Why would you even ask that question, you being a Paintsville guy and all? That is of course according to Sweet Pea. :biggrin: They do have that respect you seek from those that are in the know. However your last sentence does add an obstacle to the equation.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Not bad for a guy not worthy of cleaning someone's spikes.

Lol!! Or even lacing them up. Would have thought more runs from the dawgs.
What the youngsters miss that us that have lived a while in this world is discernment and wisdom. Although wisdom does not come to all with age we who are older (and fair) can look at the game being played out and can admire and respect the play of an opponent and be honest about our own shortcomings. I am an LC fan but I thought that Paintsville played a solid game defensively and the Jackson kid is legit. But LC's bats must wake up, that is a glaring weakness. Respect all and fear none except GOD.
White Gold Wielder Wrote:What the youngsters miss that us that have lived a while in this world is discernment and wisdom. Although wisdom does not come to all with age we who are older (and fair) can look at the game being played out and can admire and respect the play of an opponent and be honest about our own shortcomings. I am an LC fan but I thought that Paintsville played a solid game defensively and the Jackson kid is legit. But LC's bats must wake up, that is a glaring weakness. Respect all and fear none except GOD.
Your last sentence says it all about about the one with the last say.
I read on another site that Shep pitched a No Hitter
Strikeout King Wrote:I read on another site that Shep pitched a No Hitter
You will hear other stories and there are other opinions. It was however a no-hitter.The offical record called it.The Umpire confirmed with a call and I saw the game. There are those who do not want to believe it but that is ok to. It is what it is and there will be others. Jackson I might add also had a game that dreams are made of as well. He to will have the no-no this yearI have no doubt.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:It would appear that there is a counsious effort to make last night's game between the Dawgs and Tigers an even closer affair. For example:error to base hit,hits that were small and lucky,statistically historic data and the use of a historically moronic statement. What you must remember in all of this is that this is one of the best games if not the best game that will be played all season. It was played by 18 + young men who put it all out there in a full 7 innings of baseball in extremely adverse weather. I think you have to go to MLB to get it better but I really don't know how. To try and make it better would demean the game of two great young pitchers and a field of players in their "FIELD OF DREAMS". To fully appreciate this game you would have to have made the observation that I did.Am I going to explain? "NO WAY".You cant make this game better or closer it can't be done!!!!!!

Great Post!

It was a VERY close game. The score shows that. We witnessed two young men throw a GREAT game of baseball last night. And I wouldn't call any of the hits last night "lucky" They were hits. Plain and simple. Some may say that they were lucky and some may say that they were a good piece of two strike hitting. But, if you hang around the game as long as we have. You will see that a little of both go hand in hand. As for the NO-NO, the home team said it was and that's all that matters. If you recall we witnessed one of those last year on our home field and my son took the error just so it would stay intact. I just hope no one thinks I was trying to take anything away from any of those kids. It was just a matter of opinion and my opinion don't matter...LOL! Can't wait to see these two go at it again. Good Luck on the rest of the season CH and wish him luck for me. I miss him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
LC has enough respect and envy is seems as we can see from here every thread on here, for example, johnson central- pikeville thread, turn into an LC thread. the teeny boppers have nestled in as of right now in their holes but LC does get its deserved respect its those who dont from posters on here.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I have a question for the true baseball community. This is not for the jokers with to much time on their hands but rather those who have a true"Love Of The Game" and the experience to be able to rationally discuss the same. L.C.is getting all the publicity and that blows me away. But what does the program need to do to get the respect of the baseball institution. What or where is the Bar? We are speaking to the Coaches,players and people on the playing surface and not to the "HaHa" boys behind the fence. If it is simply matter of the the little people then I don't know what is to be done.

it really doesnt matter what you, bob segar, commanche, or anyone thinks.
all that matter is wins and losses, your opinions does not affect anything? whether you think lc can hit or not or agree that shep is better than jackson doesnt matter at all. nobodies will continue to be nobodies
keep cheering bob:Cheerlead
LAsweetness Wrote:it really doesnt matter what you, bob segar, commanche, or anyone thinks.
all that matter is wins and losses, your opinions does not affect anything? whether you think lc can hit or not or agree that shep is better than jackson doesnt matter at all. nobodies will continue to be nobodies

That's certainly some top notch thinkin there BL, err Sweet Pea.:lmao:
LAsweetness Wrote:it really doesnt matter what you, bob segar, commanche, or anyone thinks.
Young man you are totally incorrect.I won't expect you to understand at your young,fragile and penetrated age. As you go through life you will learn that it does matter how you are percieved in society. You don't understand that. You have placed yourself as a target. It's not the Dawgs its you these guys have pointed the finger toward. They know the game all to well and respect those who play it. They know the coaches,players and who can play and who can't. They do not dislike the Dawgs but have dislike for a daily exhibition of negative response. You did not understand in the least my last post. For your information it was constructive. Grow up son you will soon be 30 and your rep. and lifecource will be set.

To WHOM are you referring as "nobodies?"
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Young man you are totally incorrect.I won't expect you to understand at your young,fragile and penetrated age. As you go through life you will learn that it does matter how you are percieved in society. You don't understand that. You have placed yourself as a target. It's not the Dawgs its you these guys have pointed the finger toward. They know the game all to well and respect those who play it. They know the coaches,players and who can play and who can't. They do not dislike the Dawgs but have dislike for a daily exhibition of negative response. You did not understand in the least my last post. For your information it was constructive. Grow up son you will soon be 30 and your rep. and lifecource will be set.

Everyone is titled to there own opinion
Bob Seger Wrote:That's certainly some top notch thinkin there BL, err Sweet Pea.:lmao:

sorry to say bob, im stumped on trying to figure what the BL means in your post? could it be assumed to say its initails of "sweet peas" name? just curious
Dashiprock Wrote:sorry to say bob, im stumped on trying to figure what the BL means in your post? could it be assumed to say its initails of "sweet peas" name? just curious

Back in the early 70's while traveling from Detroit to my next show in Katmandu I wrote a hit song called "Beautiful Loser". For some reason that just popped in my head. Go figger!!
Bob Seger Wrote:Back in the early 70's while traveling from Detroit to my next show in Katmandu I wrote a hit song called "Beautiful Loser". For some reason that just popped in my head. Go figger!!

lol...thought it stood for something else