Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stardust would you please stop!!!!!
Bob, you are too funny. And, you have very limited tunnel vision. Some of the Bluebird fans were here before I, such as tradition and charlie. But you are very limited in your recollection to see how many members from Ryle, Simon Kenton, Holmes, NCC, Brossart, Scott, Boone, Conner and Cooper - Who don't know anything about EKY teams (well, except through this site now) post regularly. LOL, now during Basketball, the haters for all the Holmes Basketball supporters would drive everyone else nuts. So patting myself on the back, maybe a little. But I did do everything in my power to publicize this site, and still do. I could care less who gets the credit as long as this site grows into a statewide site. And it has came light years since the day that I joined, where the conversations were too renationalized for me to even post. Honestly Bob, I love to fight, argue, debate, so this whole thread is perfect for me. As I said, I am doing exactly the same things now that I did when I started in December of 2008. So, it's not going to change no matter the comments. As for calling me out, like I said, don't take that as something that you need to apologize for. Because I like it!

Bob Seger Wrote:I cant cant say much about basketball because I throughly hate what that game has become, so there is not much interest on my part for those threads BUT when it comes to the now Northern Kentucky following on the football threads, I think that you are patting yourself I little too hard on the back on that one. I think what originally got NKy posters sparked to join this site was simply nothing more than the development of a new eastern Kentucky adversary in the playoffs for northern Kentucky teams by the name of Johnson Central High School. A membership I think followed in respect to those matchups. It started on the other website and bled over to this one. The other website as you realize, has stock (both real and imaginary) that is 100% owned by followers of Fort Thomas Highlands (where you at Chuck22, Left Wing nutjob2001, and Wacky n' Tacky) . They had nobody to argue and boast with over there due to the fact that verbal opposition and unfavorable statements are prohibited followed by an ensuing ban of the website if violated. When JC and other eastern Kentucky followers were able to freely state said expressions on this website, then came the NKy folk. I am sure you played a big part of that however. I am sure you got ahold of your buddies and told them about all of those dumb hillbillies and you should see the things they are saying. "They've actually got it in their heads they can complete with us up here". They had no choice to get on here and attempt to neutralize JC follower claims.Thus a ratings boost for BGR and a membership base ensued from those members verbal encounters with primarily JCHS followers. People liked what they saw with this website and for the most part stayed, but rarely post on anything other than football threads. Now that's a fact Dusty, whether you like that one or not. I had no doubt that you would take all of the credit for the sucess part of the forum however.

As far as calling anyone out, sorry for that, but you are the only one who pulls these annoying stunts.

Publity Hound?? Naw, probably just an impulsive disorder.
Doesn't it feel great being the Heel here SD haha, Keep up the work man.
You guy's are a buncha babies.. Stardust does as Stardust pleases.. Just like me..
We are all adults here, get over it..
:Clap:keep up the good work StarDust
Why should I have to go hunting all over the place to get scores and comments when I can come here.

Isn't that the point of a website like this? One stop, I see what I want, I can comment if I want, I can skip a subgroup if I want
nky Wrote::Clap:keep up the good work StarDust
Why should I have to go hunting all over the place to get scores and comments when I can come here.

Isn't that the point of a website like this? One stop, I see what I want, I can comment if I want, I can skip a subgroup if I want

Groupie.:biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:Groupie.:biggrin:
:Thumbs: plenty of room on the bandwagon:Cheerlead
Bob Seger Wrote:I cant cant say much about basketball because I throughly hate what that game has become, so there is not much interest on my part for those threads BUT when it comes to the now Northern Kentucky following on the football threads, I think that you are patting yourself I little too hard on the back on that one. I think what originally got NKy posters sparked to join this site was simply nothing more than the development of a new eastern Kentucky adversary in the playoffs for northern Kentucky teams by the name of Johnson Central High School. A membership I think followed in respect to those matchups. It started on the other website and bled over to this one. The other website as you realize, has stock (both real and imaginary) that is 100% owned by followers of Fort Thomas Highlands (where you at Chuck22, Left Wing nutjob2001, and Wacky n' Tacky) . They had nobody to argue and boast with over there due to the fact that verbal opposition and unfavorable statements are prohibited followed by an ensuing ban of the website if violated. When JC and other eastern Kentucky followers were able to freely state said expressions on this website, then came the NKy folk. I am sure you played a big part of that however. I am sure you got ahold of your buddies and told them about all of those dumb hillbillies and you should see the things they are saying. "They've actually got it in their heads they can complete with us up here". They had no choice to get on here and attempt to neutralize JC follower claims.Thus a ratings boost for BGR and a membership base ensued from those members verbal encounters with primarily JCHS followers. People liked what they saw with this website and for the most part stayed, but rarely post on anything other than football threads. Now that's a fact Dusty, whether you like that one or not. I had no doubt that you would take all of the credit for the sucess part of the forum however.

As far as calling anyone out, sorry for that, but you are the only one who pulls these annoying stunts.

Publity Hound?? Naw, probably just an impulsive disorder.

Bob, I like ya, your very opinionated but I think you are giving JCHS a little too much credit. Sure the JCHS fans may have brought some NKY posters over, but there are other rivalries. Boyle County posters are on here, Rockcastle posters are on here (I have heard from many Highlands posters that they would LOVE to avenge their loss to Rockcastle in the playoffs that year), etc...

Not to mention others. When I was a mod and would look through extremely old threads from the first 6 months and year of this site, it was all about a small nucleus of schools, now we have Christian County, Bowling Green, Boone County, Boyle County, etc....
Stardust Wrote:Bob, you are too funny. And, you have very limited tunnel vision. Some of the Bluebird fans were here before I, such as tradition and charlie. But you are very limited in your recollection to see how many members from Ryle, Simon Kenton, Holmes, NCC, Brossart, Scott, Boone, Conner and Cooper - Who don't know anything about EKY teams (well, except through this site now) post regularly. LOL, now during Basketball, the haters for all the Holmes Basketball supporters would drive everyone else nuts. So patting myself on the back, maybe a little. But I did do everything in my power to publicize this site, and still do. I could care less who gets the credit as long as this site grows into a statewide site. And it has came light years since the day that I joined, where the conversations were too renationalized for me to even post. Honestly Bob, I love to fight, argue, debate, so this whole thread is perfect for me. As I said, I am doing exactly the same things now that I did when I started in December of 2008. So, it's not going to change no matter the comments. As for calling me out, like I said, don't take that as something that you need to apologize for. Because I like it!

That's my point.

Perhaps a lot.

A ratings Bonanza.....An increase of over a hundred views in a little over an hour. Dont be sad though, your threads are still holding strong at 2 -3 views after 24-48 hours.Confusedhh:

Ah, we can still be buddies. There's no malice here. Just pointing out that there are many who dont like to have to dig through a hundred threads.
As far as the original subject goes, I don't mind seeing all the scores across the state. It really it useful but kinda hard on the eyes to follow all of those scores. Is there any easier way to post them?

Thanks for the scores, atleast your trying to help people out. I appreciate you..
This might be the most viewed thread in the history of the high school baseball thread, lol.
LWC Wrote:Bob, I like ya, your very opinionated but I think you are giving JCHS a little too much credit. Sure the JCHS fans may have brought some NKY posters over, but there are other rivalries. Boyle County posters are on here, Rockcastle posters are on here (I have heard from many Highlands posters that they would LOVE to avenge their loss to Rockcastle in the playoffs that year), etc...

Not to mention others. When I was a mod and would look through extremely old threads from the first 6 months and year of this site, it was all about a small nucleus of schools, now we have Christian County, Bowling Green, Boone County, Boyle County, etc....

No I'm not at all. There was a huge opposition to JC upstart arrogance on the other website. As a result most vocal posters were banned or threatened to be banned. However,they were able to speak on this website, something that drives the likes of the Wacky n Tackys insane. They just cant leave it alone. They have to get their two cents in....lol Like I said I am sure that SD was hugely responsible for tipping others in the area off to "Hey, we've got a good one going on over here." Nothing wrong with that at all. Credit for that is due but not for what initiated the look see. Not saying that was the case for all new members, but dont think for a second that those two program's sometimes colorful verbal exchanges didn't play a huge role in NKy participation on this website. I dont have an idea for what initiated any western Ky participation, perhaps there was an reason similar to what created a Nky expansion. This site has grown on word of mouth contacts, IMO. That's how I learned of it anyways and I doubt that I am any different than anyone else who initially joined this site. We were told about it by someone else. I dont think that someone posting a bunch of scores had anything to do with that. For someone to see a score, they have to be viewing the website to begin with. Right?
Bob Seger Wrote:No I'm not at all. There was a huge opposition to JC upstart arrogance on the other website. As a result most vocal posters were banned or threatened to be banned. However,they were able to speak on this website, something that drives the likes of the Wacky n Tackys insane. They just cant leave it alone. They have to get their two cents in....lol Like I said I am sure that SD was hugely responsible for tipping others in the area off to "Hey, we've got a good one going on over here." Nothing wrong with that at all. Credit for that is due but not for what initiated the look see. Not saying that was the case for all new members, but dont think for a second that those two program's sometimes colorful verbal exchanges didn't play a huge role in NKy participation on this website. I dont have an idea for what initiated any western Ky participation, perhaps there was an reason similar to what created a Nky expansion. This site has grown on word of mouth contacts, IMO. That's how I learned of it anyways and I doubt that I am any different than anyone else who initially joined this site. We were told about it by someone else. I dont think that someone posting a bunch of scores had anything to do with that. For someone to see a score, they have to be viewing the website to begin with. Right?
you give stardust to much credit:biggrin:
I stumbled on this site by accident and never left. I like to gloss over a page and see makeups and scores without having to open up the actual subgroup
LWC Wrote:This might be the most viewed thread in the history of the high school baseball thread, lol.

This thread has now generated over 200 views in a little over an hour. In the same amount of time,in the 8 threads that SD posted this morning none have received over 3 views. Might I mention again, you get credited for 1 view just by starting the thread.
nky Wrote:you give stardust to much credit:biggrin:
I stumbled on this site by accident and never left. I like to gloss over a page and see makeups and scores without having to open up the actual subgroup

You mean he is giving himself way to much credit? ......lol

I didn't say all, but I think most have become members here in the manner in which I implied.
Bob Seger Wrote:That's my point.

Perhaps a lot.

A ratings Bonanza.....An increase of over a hundred views in a little over an hour. Dont be sad though, your threads are still holding strong at 2 -3 views after 24-48 hours.Confusedhh:

Ah, we can still be buddies. There's no malice here. Just pointing out that there are many who dont like to have to dig through a hundred threads.

Seems like more who DON'T have a problem with it than those who do:biggrin:

So, I will crown myself the champion of this fight, and give myself a big ole pat on the back:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:TongueirateSho
Stardust Wrote:^BS, all wrong. This site was originated for STATWIDE coverage of HS sports as an option to the other statewide HS sports blog. This is a social media site, exactly like Twitter, Facebook and MySpace - and what do people on those sites do - POST! So, since this is statewide meant, then it's logical that we want this site to be statewide coverage. Your comments were specific to "no replies", but go look again to see the number of views (which means someone opened the thread). People are looking for informaiton, hopeful to learn something. Your logic would only hold true if members are not even looking at the thread at all.

I've been through this many, many times before. And until we have posters on this site from all across the state (like the other site), then I will continue to push the buttons of trying to find others to post. Members like you hated this when I did this for football. Now we have a tremendous following in NKY who REPLY to those and create their own threads during the football season. Finally, we got the WKY members to reply during football season, and starting to get them to reply more during basketball season. They have all disappeared during Baseball. That's not good enough, they need to participate during this time of the year as well.

So, get in line if you dislike it, but obviously there is another line across from you who doesn't care.

And they are finding ZERO info on those threads! Because the only thing that they see is "Final" or "Congrats"........ZERO INFO.

If someone wants to talk about a game. Let that person start a thread or just start a thread with all the scores listed for everyone to see. That way the board isn't cluttered with ZERO reply threads.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I don't know maybe I'm a little slow today (it is Friday:ThumbsSmile
But I just don't get what all the hub bub is all about.
posting the score and other information in the tread topic line is a great service. That way you don't have to open the thread up (thus no views) yet I get to see the information I want to see.
It seems to be a whole lot of nothing over something trivial.
Every board has this happening especially in the playoffs/tournment period. It was done on the football board, basketball board, ect.

Again I guess I'm missing the point of the complaint
^ It started that same way with football and basketball. This is an old argument that those with blinders just can't see past. We now have game threads that are started in the EXACT same manner today - with FINAL. And those threads carry on conversation. It was NOT the people who had something to say about it that started the thread. Lol, too funny!
nky Wrote:I don't know maybe I'm a little slow today (it is Friday:ThumbsSmile
But I just don't get what all the hub bub is all about.
posting the score and other information in the tread topic line is a great service. That way you don't have to open the thread up (thus no views) yet I get to see the information I want to see.
It seems to be a whole lot of nothing over something trivial.
Every board has this happening especially in the playoffs/tournment period. It was done on the football board, basketball board, ect.

Again I guess I'm missing the point of the complaint

Lol, they get riled up because someone has nothing better to do than to post scores or post simple comments. Yet, they have nothing better to do than to take simpleminded pot shots.

Now, for me, I wouldn't trade it for anything on this site. This site was founded on discussion, and this thread prompted it! As is any other topic, there are some who feel their opinion is right and there is no other opinion. We have heard from all sides on this thread. In the grand scheme of things, it changes nothing. The threads will continue. Those threads will get more comments as we gain more interest. And finally, we will have a very well rounded site that has contributions from all over the state. Until then, we can have fun with contrite pot-shots like this thread. A PM would have been such a wasteful opporunity, so I love that this was put out on the public topics list:biggrin:
Hahaha classic!!!!
For example I saw that Campbell County got lucky:biggrin: and beat Bishop Brossart in the 37th District Championship. Now I don't need to open that thread to see that the Camels won or what they were playing for, I don't need to go to Kentucky Enquires site or KHSSA to see who won either. I got all the information I needed in this simple line.
Campbell County 8 - vs. Bishop Brossart 7 (37th District Championship)

I also don't want to open it and just post a simple "Congrats" because that would be padding your stats and no socially acceptable:dontthink
^ LOL, you would not dare Congrat the Camels without losing your Camel-Haters card.....:biggrin:
^ lol
Bob Seger Wrote:Never meant to imply that he wasn't. The creators of this site were kind enough include a link to the KHSAA website that shows every score of every game. It's as easy as clicking on one of those "congrats" posts if you want to see all the scores. To me that is a better alternative than cluttering up what is of interest to most. Perhaps we should ALL post every score of every game in West Virginia, Ohio, Tennessee, Indiana, Illinois, Virginia,and Missouri too, and if we dont get any replies lets blame it on the membership base of being insensitive to the feelings of sportsfans of those states, and not caring. Come on guys, lets, ALL do a better job of getting our neighbors involved and interested in what we do here. Lets make it grow. That's what we are. That's who we are!! :eyeroll:

Sounds stupid doesn't it? And yet it is no different.

Oh, and by the way JP........Yo momma!!! :biggrin:

hehe Bob you have unwittingly fed SD's media machine!:devilflam
Stardust Wrote:Lol, they get riled up because someone has nothing better to do than to post scores or post simple comments. Yet, they have nothing better to do than to take simpleminded pot shots.

Now, for me, I wouldn't trade it for anything on this site. This site was founded on discussion, and this thread prompted it! As is any other topic, there are some who feel their opinion is right and there is no other opinion. We have heard from all sides on this thread. In the grand scheme of things, it changes nothing. The threads will continue. Those threads will get more comments as we gain more interest. And finally, we will have a very well rounded site that has contributions from all over the state. Until then, we can have fun with contrite pot-shots like this thread. A PM would have been such a wasteful opporunity, so I love that this was put out on the public topics list:biggrin:

Glad that you have enjoyed it SD. I've had a blast too. I especially like the way in which tou seem to come on so eloquently at making it appear you won a battle of "pot shots". The point is being proven as we speak that after 48 hours almost all of your threads have had ZERO interest and very close to ZERO views.The point has been proven that all you have done is waste a lot of people's time. You can spin it all around, up and down, and sideways, but my point still stands. Facts tell the whole story here, but go ahead and try to save all the face you can. In fact you might want to wipe the spit off of it that just has blown back in it, because bottom line that's about all you have succeeded with the useless defense you are putting on. Your word "simpleminded" should very much describe why anyone would be so obsessed with doing this. Again I refer to the "What songs" mentality. Like I said the facts show the whole story here. If your intention is to just get scores available for all to see, wouldn't it serve the same purpose to put them all in one thread seeing that some have indicated they are to honery to click to the KHSAA website? Then again, you couldn't break the previous world's record for useless and meaningless posts (which by all apearances you have it shattered).....congratulations!!!. Reckon there is a reason why TORQQE put access to the KHSAA website on here to begin with? I have had no doubt that you would aggressively defend whatever reason anybody would put such a jumbled up mess on the forum. I guess when it's your baby, you have no other choice. I guess when your sinking deeper and deeper in the swamp about all one can desperately do is get personal with their arguement....lol... To repeat yourself, "it still doesn't change a thing". You have been shown to be wrong. Nothing changed. Did it?
jetpilot Wrote:hehe Bob you have unwittingly fed SD's media machine!:devilflam

Hey JP, my whole intention was to help this site grow. I dont need a lot of fanfare and recoqnition. Anything just to get the job done, is what I'm all about. If SD gets some badly needed attention (and a shot at the world record) out of this I am delighted. That's satisfaction enough for me. I'm happy to just sit in the background and see the happy smile on the little fellars face.:biggrin:
This entire thread makes me lol. I am happy. Y'all are great. This is why I love this site.
Save face - LOL. What was I trying to save face about? I thought this was about whether or not to post the game scores or not? I added my comment, but your reasoning is NO ONE wants to see them. Well, I guess I didn't prove you wrong, but those who outnumbered YOU proved you are wrong. Spin what? Spin the FACT that more said you opinion of not posting them was outwieghed by those who have NO problem with it! Too funny. You can say whatever you want. You hold hold as much creed and respect on this site as I do? And that's probably very little! So, little feller, your opinion is about as useless as mine!

Bob Seger Wrote:Glad that you have enjoyed it SD. I've had a blast too. I especially like the way in which tou seem to come on so eloquently at making it appear you won a battle of "pot shots". The point is being proven as we speak that after 48 hours almost all of your threads have had ZERO interest and very close to ZERO views.The point has been proven that all you have done is waste a lot of people's time. You can spin it all around, up and down, and sideways, but my point still stands. Facts tell the whole story here, but go ahead and try to save all the face you can. In fact you might want to wipe the spit off of it that just has blown back in it, because bottom line that's about all you have succeeded with the useless defense you are putting on. Your word "simpleminded" should very much describe why anyone would be so obsessed with doing this. Again I refer to the "What songs" mentality. Like I said the facts show the whole story here. If your intention is to just get scores available for all to see, wouldn't it serve the same purpose to put them all in one thread seeing that some have indicated they are to honery to click to the KHSAA website? Then again, you couldn't break the previous world's record for useless and meaningless posts (which by all apearances you have it shattered).....congratulations!!!. Reckon there is a reason why TORQQE put access to the KHSAA website on here to begin with? I have had no doubt that you would aggressively defend whatever reason anybody would put such a jumbled up mess on the forum. I guess when it's your baby, you have no other choice. I guess when your sinking deeper and deeper in the swamp about all one can desperately do is get personal with their arguement....lol... To repeat yourself, "it still doesn't change a thing". You have been shown to be wrong. Nothing changed. Did it?
Bob Seger Wrote:Hey JP, my whole intention was to help this site grow. I dont need a lot of fanfare and recoqnition. Anything just to get the job done, is what I'm all about. If SD gets some badly needed attention (and a shot at the world record) out of this I am delighted. That's satisfaction enough for me. I'm happy to just sit in the background and see the happy smile on the little fellars face.:biggrin:

You have completely hurt my feelings, and now I am going to tuck tail and run back into my hole and hide, never to be seen on BGR again. All because I'm not liked or respected by Bobby. I can't see fit to even acknowledge the pain and humility that I have faced as a result of this!

Ahh, nevermind - I think I can manage up another 3-4K posts as a result of this and they will all be dedicated to Bobby!
Stardust Wrote:You have completely hurt my feelings, and now I am going to tuck tail and run back into my hole and hide, never to be seen on BGR again. All because I'm not liked or respected by Bobby. I can't see fit to even acknowledge the pain and humility that I have faced as a result of this!

Ahh, nevermind - I think I can manage up another 3-4K posts as a result of this and they will all be dedicated to Bobby!

And that should put you all the way up until what.... say about Wednesday, before you had to come up with someone else to dedicate them to from then on?:biggrin: