Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tournament Draw and Prediction Thread
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Mr.O may be thinking of the early season game when he made that prediction .Don't remember who the POR was in that game. 9 run difference early.
I thought the same thing when I reviewed the schedule and results. HAS to be thinking about that game only, I don't think he's taking the whole season for Belfry into consideration. That game was at Lawrence County, and was a weekend n which LC posted two of their total 8 games in double digit runs. Really can't base a prediction only on that. I'm not saying Belfry is Murderer's Row, but definitely a better hitting team than they showed in that game.
jetpilot Wrote::Thumbs: I'm sure Pikeville is plenty worried about getting by Paintsville.
If the aren't, they darn well better be! It's tourney time, baby! Anything can happen. It's the time of the year when ya throw extra slop out for the hogs, hook the cows up to automatic milkers, and kick the girlfriend outta the house, cuz ya can't lose focus now, or you'll be bounced. With the exception of Shelby Valley and Pike Central, EVERY other team has a chance to win this tourney if they get on a roll or if the other team comes out flat. I don't mean to disrespect PC or SV (I know I probably just did though), but they just don't have enough bench to win 3 games in a row.
PHSForever Wrote:If the aren't, they darn well better be! It's tourney time, baby! Anything can happen. It's the time of the year when ya throw extra slop out for the hogs, hook the cows up to automatic milkers, and kick the girlfriend outta the house, cuz ya can't lose focus now, or you'll be bounced. With the exception of Shelby Valley and Pike Central, EVERY other team has a chance to win this tourney if they get on a roll or if the other team comes out flat. I don't mean to disrespect PC or SV (I know I probably just did though), but they just don't have enough bench to win 3 games in a row.

:Thumbs:
In everybodys honest opinion, Which 1st round game would be the best to watch or see?
PHSForever I do believe this is one of the best posts I've ever read on here! LOL
long_time_pirate Wrote:PHSForever I do believe this is one of the best posts I've ever read on here! LOL

:kneel: :thanks:
they should be worried. after all they also got beat by JCHS and we all know what paintsville did to them.
BASEBALL SLUGGER Wrote:they should be worried. after all they also got beat by JCHS and we all know what paintsville did to them.
One game out of 36... Don't base too much on that one game, alright? After all, Pikeville has beat Paintsville by a combined 20-2 in 3 games this year. Y'all beat a JC team that had lost at least one of it's best players to injury according to another poster on this site.
PHSForever Wrote:Whoa! You think LC is going to hold Belfry scoreless? Same Belfry that has posted double-digits in runs 13 games out of 32 versus 8 out of 29 for LC? And has only been shut out once this year (by Pikeville)? I don't know about that one. I was trying to kick a little dirt with my prediction of Belfry over LC, but I did it with the thought that Belfry's offense could make some noise and get them a big upset, but I would not see them being scoreless unless Chandler throws, then maybe they would be held scoreless. MAYBE

belfry's offense? 8 runs in six games down the stretch. those where decent teams. the double digit games?-Man, Williamson, allen central, PCC, come on! remember, LC beat them 10-1 already. but ....this is the post season, who knows???
southbound Wrote:belfry's offense? 8 runs in six games down the stretch. those where decent teams. the double digit games?-Man, Williamson, allen central, PCC, come on! remember, LC beat them 10-1 already. but ....this is the post season, who knows???
Actually 18 down the stretch if you count the game against PCC. Don't forget, this team also hung a 12-0 shellacking on Pburg, pasted the same Magoffin County team 15-0 that battled LC to a 1-0 game in districts, etc. They DO have some pop in their bats, always have. Their problem has always been pitching, never more than one, maybe two good pitchers in any given year traditionally. That seems to be the case again this year, so an upset is not out of the question.
PHSForever Wrote:Whoa! You think LC is going to hold Belfry scoreless? Same Belfry that has posted double-digits in runs 13 games out of 32 versus 8 out of 29 for LC? And has only been shut out once this year (by Pikeville)? I don't know about that one. I was trying to kick a little dirt with my prediction of Belfry over LC, but I did it with the thought that Belfry's offense could make some noise and get them a big upset, but I would not see them being scoreless unless Chandler throws, then maybe they would be held scoreless. MAYBE

The same Belfry that scored only 1 run against Lawrence the only time they played them this year. It's not like it would be the craziest thing in the world if it happened. Thanks for your concern though douche.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville got the worst possible draw. Hopefully they can deal with it and advance.

I'm finely going to say it, does everyone from Pikeville complain? Or just you?
Pburgbaseball Wrote:I'm finely going to say it, does everyone from Pikeville complain? Or just you?

:thatsfunn :Clap:
Pburgbaseball Wrote:I'm finely going to say it, does everyone from Pikeville complain? Or just you?
How is that complaining? It is a fact.

They have to face the two best pitchers in the region (Jackson, Shepherd) if they advance that far, and the 3 best teams not named Pikeville in the tournament. Where as LC will play Shelby Valley, Belfry/AC, and Pikeville/Pburg.

So, care to show me where this statement is not factual?

Is everyone from P'burg an expert speller?:biggrin:

I don't think he was complaining at all, just giving Paintsville and Prestonsburg their due.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:The same Belfry that scored only 1 run against Lawrence the only time they played them this year. It's not like it would be the craziest thing in the world if it happened. Thanks for your concern though douche.

Seems to me as if YOU are possibly the douche here. Didn't LC let a 5-12 SV team score 5 runs on them last night and force a 7 inning game? HUM???
long_time_pirate Wrote:Seems to me as if YOU are possibly the douche here. Didn't LC let a 5-12 SV team score 5 runs on them last night and force a 7 inning game? HUM???

Please. With their #5 pitcher throwing. They pulled their #3 after 2 innings and he struck out 5 of the six outs didn't he? It would have been a mercy shutout if he had stayed in the game.

Besides, didn't Pikeville just beat this same Shelby Valley team just 10-3 in district? Hmmm?
long_time_pirate Wrote:Seems to me as if YOU are possibly the douche here. Didn't LC let a 5-12 SV team score 5 runs on them last night and force a 7 inning game? HUM???

Typical clueless Pirate.
That's funny. Shelby Valley is 5-17 not 5-12 first of all, and they are young but talented and you can tell that. They have good swings and will be fine. With that being said Musick did give up some hits but the game was already over at that point.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:The same Belfry that scored only 1 run against Lawrence the only time they played them this year. It's not like it would be the craziest thing in the world if it happened. Thanks for your concern though douche.
Dude, you need to chill, no need to call me a douche because I disagreed with you. Typical Lawrence County fan, blowhard, blowup, and then disappear. There are some rational ones here on the board, but sounds like you're one of the ones other people always complain about. Go infect another thread.
PHSForever Wrote:Dude, you need to chill, no need to call me a douche because I disagreed with you. Typical Lawrence County fan, blowhard, blowup, and then disappear. There are some rational ones here on the board, but sounds like you're one of the ones other people always complain about. Go infect another thread.

Not a LC fan. Just an observer who can spot one of your kind from a mile away.Confusedhh:
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Typical clueless Pirate.

Clueless
LMAO... you dear sir sound like a blubbering idoit! Your posts are full of sarcasim and PHS was correct, you had not right in calling him a douche... especially when you are the "summer's eve" of em' all!
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Not a LC fan. Just an observer who can spot one of your kind from a mile away.Confusedhh:
One of my kind? Oh...you must mean the kind that is obviously smarter than you. Yeah, you can spot my kind a mile away, we are the ones that DON'T walk around looking dazed and confused and needing to be slapped just to remind us to breathe. Thanks for your concern yourself. Go back and look at how many times Belfry has been shut out this year (one time, by Pikeville) and you will see it's the same number of times LC has been shut out. They have offense, and I really doubt LC can shut them out. Not knocking LC at all.