Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel?
Did Brad Sizemore get the job?
^ That's what some people are hearing. If true then it will be official today when the Principal got back from Vacation
Parrett would be an awful hire. There is a HUGE difference between girl's basketball and boy's basketball. Look at Ivy Burchell at Clay County. He struggled mightily as the boy's coach, but has won 4 of 5 girl's regional championships. Greg was a tremendous girl's coach, but I don't think that would carry over to boy's.
Brad Sizemore to South Laurel is official
Hit and Run Wrote:Parrett would be an awful hire. There is a HUGE difference between girl's basketball and boy's basketball. Look at Ivy Burchell at Clay County. He struggled mightily as the boy's coach, but has won 4 of 5 girl's regional championships. Greg was a tremendous girl's coach, but I don't think that would carry over to boy's.

You're probably right. Most boys teams are probably not tough enough to handle his practices.
Strikeout King Wrote:Brad Sizemore to South Laurel is official

Do you have a link?
Gold Charger Wrote:Do you have a link?

they haven't had an officical presser yet but everyone in Garrard County says that he's going to South and the Garrard County Job is listed as Open on KHSAA. I'm sure he will be announced as the new head coach within the next few days. Reason I put official is because he's the guy that South Choose meaning that there would be no more applicants or interviews
Big news out of London, is there's job opening for North and South Laurel HC for their Mens Basketball teams. Rumor is North Laurel, came in the back door on South Laurel and offered Brad Sizemore the job. While South Laurel could'nt make up their mind to offer Sizemore the job offically. Just what I'm hearing from London. Who knows ??:popcorn:
^ I've heard he got the South Laurel job today
Strikeout King Wrote:http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...7863.story

This is were he has resigned at Garrard Co....any official word on his announcement to either South or North Laurel?
Gold Charger Wrote:This is were he has resigned at Garrard Co....any official word on his announcement to either South or North Laurel?

everything seems to point to South. I've heard that he was hired at South this morning and some people say that, that isn't so and that North is still in the picture. I do believe he will be at South. Some people from Garrard County have said that he left Garrard to go to South
what's the latest? I've heard he was hired officially then I've heard he's turned down South's job, then I've heard he hasn't turned it down and that he has turned it down. Back and forth between hiring and turning it down
I believe that he is pulling his name from consideration for the South Laurel job..........going to get interesting in Laurel County next week.
^ I did hear that he turned down the SL job today, now whether that's true or not I don't know
Strikeout King Wrote:what's the latest? I've heard he was hired officially then I've heard he's turned down South's job, then I've heard he hasn't turned it down and that he has turned it down. Back and forth between hiring and turning it down
What a mess!!
North seems like a much better fit to me for Brad right now. Whether you liked Steve Wright or not he won ball games. There are some big shoes to be filled on those sidelines and I do not think that South has the talent to be overly competitive.
Would NL hire Brad?
the people I've talked to have said that he has turned down South
Brad Sizemore will be the next coach at North Laurel.
kygolfer Wrote:Brad Sizemore will be the next coach at North Laurel.

That's what I'm hearing.

I read on another site that South will settle for Dave Fraley
Any word on when south will make decision on coach
^ From what I've heard South has hired David Fraley (Yes the same coach that took Knott Central to the State Tournament couple years back)
What has happened to South Laurel that they have to hire a coach out of desperation. Coach Fraley is a championship caliber coach but he will probably only stay for a couple of years due to his age.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:What has happened to South Laurel that they have to hire a coach out of desperation. Coach Fraley is a championship caliber coach but he will probably only stay for a couple of years due to his age.

How old is he?
Gold Charger Wrote:How old is he?

I would say late sixties early seventies
It would be kind of strange to see Dave Fraley coaching at his close friend's (Steve Wright) former school. But it would be a great coaching match-up if South Laurel and Southwestern were to play one another.
Fraley says he is not going to South, Today.
^ Thanks. That clears that rumor up
What now for South???