Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Catholic / Lawrence County UPDATES
Cline strikes out and no crotch grab!
9-0 After 3 and a half.
PHSForever Wrote:Of course, wouldn't expect any different. Just remember, LC put up 8 in one inning against a kid many (not all) considered the best pitcher on a 60-14 team over the past two years (Hamilton of Pikeville). As one of the other posters said, "Baseball is a funny game". Those LC bats can potentially get hot.

They will need to put up more than 8 in an inning and to do it they have the chance to do it against NCC's #4 pitcher. I'm surprised that the Breds did not go with Schmits or Gray since Cain will be able to come back so soon.
Where are all the fans the stands look empty.
Ncc 10-0
looks like they are calling it foul
NCC is putting the bat on the ball very well.
Nevermind, NCC gets it back with a double by Sullivan, advances to 3rd on the error. Breds up 10-0 with the Mercy rule at-hand
Panther Thunder Wrote:NCC is putting the bat on the ball very well.

NCC is a pure FB hitting team. The teams they seen in the 9th region fully prepared them for a team that's throws primarily gas.
Stardust Wrote:Nevermind, NCC gets it back with a double by Sullivan, advances to 3rd on the error. Breds up 10-0 with the Mercy rule at-hand
3 outs away from a matchup withe the Elite 8 favorite, and they will have Cain to throw against the winner of LexCath and PRP's #2.
11-0 on the single by Luke Schmits
Stardust Wrote:NCC is a pure FB hitting team. The teams they seen in the 9th region fully prepared them for a team that's throws primarily gas.
They have hit Banks well and he mixes it up pretty well. Very Impressed by what I have seen out of them.
PHSForever Wrote:Of course, wouldn't expect any different. Just remember, LC put up 8 in one inning against a kid many (not all) considered the best pitcher on a 60-14 team over the past two years (Hamilton of Pikeville). As one of the other posters said, "Baseball is a funny game". Those LC bats can potentially get hot.

Actually, it was 7 in one inning if you were there...however, had your coach taken Hamilton out when they started hitting him, PHS would have been in Whitaker today and the win would have been PHS 6, LC 2...but he didn't know his ace on the bench had nine innings left in the regional tourney, thought he had one...go figure. I know this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but..."I'm just saying..." :HitWall:
BigStick1977 Wrote:Actually, it was 7 in one inning if you were there...however, had your coach taken Hamilton out when they started hitting him, PHS would have been in Whitaker today and the win would have been PHS 6, LC 2...but he didn't know his ace on the bench had nine innings left in the regional tourney, thought he had one...go figure. I know this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but..."I'm just saying..." :HitWall:
Pikeville would have struggled with NewCath today. They are on. But I do wish the Panthers would have at least had the shot. Oh well, that's life.
Panther Thunder Wrote:3 outs away from a matchup withe the Elite 8 favorite, and they will have Cain to throw against the winner of LexCath and PRP's #2.

Vance Sullivan may be the best #2 in the state. He beat PRP 13-0 earlier in the season. NCC may only need Cain for relief.
LC needs to keep this going or it will end in this inning.
It won't end in the top of the 5th
LC extends the game 11-3.
Lawrence County coaches acting a fool.
11-3 after 4 and a half
Panther Thunder Wrote:Lawrence County coaches acting a fool.

That was embarassing
I said in the prediction thread that the way to beat NCC was with slow-junk. Right now the Breds look terrible at the plate
Winning run at 1st base for the Breds.
I didn't think Schulkens had the guts to do it. Bunt your winning run to 2nd with Hightchew on deck. End this and go home. You don't have to worry about etiquette when you save your pitching.
Brady is looking to shoot this down 3rd base line
Stardust Wrote:I didn't think Schulkens had the guts to do it. Bunt your winning run to 2nd with Hightchew on deck. End this and go home. You don't have to worry about etiquette when you save your pitching.
At this stage, do what you gotta do, and worry about feelings later.
Winning run at 2nd base.
Player of the Game Vance Sullivan has a chance to end this game now.
Panther Thunder Wrote:At this stage, do what you gotta do, and worry about feelings later.

Amen. It worked out, but still play to get to the next game at this stage
Nice cut home slice.