Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best upcoming juniors in the 15th
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:Not sure that I would say the worst I have seen. Paintsville isn't even in the worse situation in the 57th. That would solely belong to Magoffin.

Yulp. It's awful. There was a new sports facility in the works but I have no idea when or even if it will happen.
I don't agree with Magoffin having the worst field? Regardless, it is still THEIR field at the end of the day, and they don't have to share it with another sport? Just think about it from a coach's perspective and what it does to year around workouts? The KHSAA just passed that new rule and it completely puts Paintsville at a disadvantage because they can't get on their field in the fall? It's impossible, now a days, for a school to be competitive year in year out without going year around?
I find it hard to believe anyone could think any other team in the 57th has a field that is worse then MC's. Its sorry to say that for some reason they are not getting the same as the rest of the 57th. When SC get a new field and they are faced with the same problems as MC then there is an issue. In my opinion, it starts from the top down over there, and by top I do mean Central Office.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I find it hard to believe anyone could think any other team in the 57th has a field that is worse then MC's. Its sorry to say that for some reason they are not getting the same as the rest of the 57th. When SC get a new field and they are faced with the same problems as MC then there is an issue. In my opinion, it starts from the top down over there, and by top I do mean Central Office.

Even if the condition of the field is better, magoffin still has a better situation because they don't have to share their field, and they are open to using their field in the fall. That alone gives them a better condition
Paintsville's baseball field is a good park for playing baseball. It is a lousy venue for fans, but it's a player's park. I actually liked the field better before they put grass and brick in the infield. Coach Adkins and his players worked that dirt infield like sifting flour. I think the man knew each and every grain of dirt personally. You always got a true hop playing that infield. Now the outfield grass looks too long and thatched. Smoked line drives just die when they hit that mess. Some body, either the city or the school board, or a combination of the two really needs to pony up some funds to build a grandstand, re- model the dugouts, and cosmetically improve that old park, and it will make an excellent ball park. The Soccer teams need a proper field as well.
ForearmShiver Wrote:Paintsville's baseball field is a good park for playing baseball. It is a lousy venue for fans, but it's a player's park. I actually liked the field better before they put grass and brick in the infield. Coach Adkins and his players worked that dirt infield like sifting flour. I think the man knew each and every grain of dirt personally. You always got a true hop playing that infield. Now the outfield grass looks too long and thatched. Smoked line drives just die when they hit that mess. Some body, either the city or the school board, or a combination of the two really needs to pony up some funds to build a grandstand, re- model the dugouts, and cosmetically improve that old park, and it will make an excellent ball park. The Soccer teams need a proper field as well.

It may have use to be that way, but its not anymore. The only reason it's a players park now is because you can still hit it in the pool, but with the new bat change that's not going to be the case either
ForearmShiver Wrote:Paintsville's baseball field is a good park for playing baseball. It is a lousy venue for fans, but it's a player's park. I actually liked the field better before they put grass and brick in the infield. Coach Adkins and his players worked that dirt infield like sifting flour. I think the man knew each and every grain of dirt personally. You always got a true hop playing that infield. Now the outfield grass looks too long and thatched. Smoked line drives just die when they hit that mess. Some body, either the city or the school board, or a combination of the two really needs to pony up some funds to build a grandstand, re- model the dugouts, and cosmetically improve that old park, and it will make an excellent ball park. The Soccer teams need a proper field as well.

I understand what you are saying. But, what does this have to do with up and coming Juniors?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:It may have use to be that way, but its not anymore. The only reason it's a players park now is because you can still hit it in the pool, but with the new bat change that's not going to be the case either
A true power hitter could take a 1970's tee ball bat and hit it out to left at Paintsville. Surely the new bats aren't that bad.
EP90 is correct. If you can't hit one out to the pool in left field then you have no power regardless of the bat used. JCMS had a kid hit one out just this past spring season in a middle school game versus Paintsville.
I like Paintsville's baseball field as a baseball field. but not as a soccer field. Soccer could be in worse shape though. They could have to play at American standard still lol. And didn't Johnson central have to play soccer on the baseball field until they got the turf?
GAP1 Wrote:EP90 is correct. If you can't hit one out to the pool in left field then you have no power regardless of the bat used. JCMS had a kid hit one out just this past spring season in a middle school game versus Paintsville.

Hitting a homerun and hitting one into the pool are completely two different things
Soccer has palyed on the baseball field several seasons..........it's not the greatest situation, but as stated above it sure beats American Standard.

As for the new bats........wow, what a difference.

Top Juniors in the 15th..........there are several good ones and it will make for a great season, come on SPRING!
Point being at Paintsville left field is a short porch as evident in a middle school kid putting one over the fence.
GAP1 Wrote:EP90 is correct. If you can't hit one out to the pool in left field then you have no power regardless of the bat used. JCMS had a kid hit one out just this past spring season in a middle school game versus Paintsville.

Just one?

OLD BATS!

We have had a few MS kids hit it out at Paintsville. How bout this. We had a TRUE 7th grader hit one out at LC last season. No big deal. OLD BATS. Asfor left field. 292'...measured it my self. Only an 8 foot difference than Sheldon Clark's new field. Doesn't matter though. Still won't see many pokes this season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Just one?

OLD BATS!

We have had a few MS kids hit it out at Paintsville. How bout this. We had a TRUE 7th grader hit one out at LC last season. No big deal. OLD BATS. Asfor left field. 292'...measured it my self. Only an 8 foot difference than Sheldon Clark's new field. Doesn't matter though. Still won't see many pokes this season.
Austin Mayhorn of Phelps put 3 out of there this summer in Legion ball. New bats or old, if you get a hold of one to Left, it's gone. However, with the new bats you actually have to get a hold of it. Before you could pop one up at some places.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Austin Mayhorn of Phelps put 3 out of there this summer in Legion ball. New bats or old, if you get a hold of one to Left, it's gone. However, with the new bats you actually have to get a hold of it. Before you could pop one up at some places.

Actually it was Kash (lefty) that hit it to right, at LC. Were you are talking about Paintsville or LC, PT?
But, you are right. If you get a hold of one in the sweet spot, it will still go. The old bats were all sweet spot any more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:I understand what you are saying. But, what does this have to do with up and coming Juniors?

Hell, I don't know. I suppose I got caught up in what I was reading, and responded to that instead of sticking to the subject of the thread. :insane:
ForearmShiver Wrote:Hell, I don't know. I suppose I got caught up in what I was reading, and responded to that instead of sticking to the subject of the thread. :insane:

That's alright...lol. This train is off track and headin across the city pool now...lol.:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis