•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia moving to the top of the 14th?
I so do apologize for my ignorance. I come by it honestly though. You see I didn't graduate from Cordia.

For the record, no I have not talk to the Coach at the Combs boy. I was voicing my opinion. I watched Cordia play only twice last year and he is the only one that impressed me on the team. Unless he has recruited 5 boys, I would start him.

My name may give the wrong idea. I am not a die hard KCC fan. I made my account to respond to something negative about KCC and so indicated that I was becoming a new KCC fan. I am actually not tied to any certain team. I enjoy basketball. Every year I decide who I think will dominate and follow that team and see if I am right. I thought maybe for the first time I might give Cordia some attention, but it's people like you who make it almost imposible for anyone off "the Creek" to want to you guys do anything. It's a big world out here, full of great people. Maybe you need to get off "the Creek" sometime.
I can't believe there is 7 pages in this thread.
zaga_fan Wrote:I dunno man....
we're talking about how there are no guards or forwards that are going to do anything with him....
maybe I think it's a freaking meaningless point to make if the guy is going to be playing the 5.

So what's your point?

Just making sure because IMO this Cordia team would be able to play man with the Perry team this year.
Ballers Wrote:Just making sure because IMO this Cordia team would be able to play man with the Perry team this year.

If Cordia plays Perry man to man Dalton Cornett will score 60.
ANEWPAT Wrote:I so do apologize for my ignorance. I come by it honestly though. You see I didn't graduate from Cordia.

For the record, no I have not talk to the Coach at the Combs boy. I was voicing my opinion. I watched Cordia play only twice last year and he is the only one that impressed me on the team. Unless he has recruited 5 boys, I would start him.

My name may give the wrong idea. I am not a die hard KCC fan. I made my account to respond to something negative about KCC and so indicated that I was becoming a new KCC fan. I am actually not tied to any certain team. I enjoy basketball. Every year I decide who I think will dominate and follow that team and see if I am right. I thought maybe for the first time I might give Cordia some attention, but it's people like you who make it almost imposible for anyone off "the Creek" to want to you guys do anything. It's a big world out here, full of great people. Maybe you need to get off "the Creek" sometime.

No need to apologize. Welcome to the club.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Glad to hear you'll be attending some cordia games this year, first game november 28th, cordia vs south floyd. It was BB's first year as a coach and just like every coach knott has had is all about politics and who their daddy works for. Owens was told he would have to wait for his playing time just like everybody else, what happened an 8th grader comes along last year, starts over owens and this year same thing happened. So owens done what was best for him and transferred to where he would be treated as an equal and will in fact get playing time.

That 8th grader had something like 15pts and 12 rebounds in the championship game of the district. Don't think Owens would be putting up numbers like that. Besides they play different positions.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:That 8th grader had something like 15pts and 12 rebounds in the championship game of the district. Don't think Owens would be putting up numbers like that. Besides they play different positions.

I watched that game and the 8th grader in question is an excellent player.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:No need to apologize. Welcome to the club.

I just didn't understand why he went off on me. I said absolutely nothing negative about Cordia. I was actually saying that I intended to throw Cordia a little support this year. As for the Combs kids, at least he is actually a "Creeker". You would think that the Cordia faithful would want to see some of their home boys on the floor instead of just riding the pine while the Texas recruits do what ever gets done.

As for Evan Hall, I watched him play all last year. He is a great player and earned his playing time. I was a little worried the first night that he got a lot of play. Turned out to be a little case of nerves and after that held his own with some of the best inside guys in the region. Plus, like you said, he plays inside and Owens is a guard. Even if Evan was on the bench, Owens wouldn't have received any more playing time. Now, I will be the last person to say that politics doesn't come into play in high school sports, but if BB had one of the top shooters in the region on his team during the final minutes of that Regional Championship game last year, he would have been on the floor not on the bench. He wanted to go to state too bad to leave him sitting there.
ANEWPAT Wrote:I just didn't understand why he went off on me. I said absolutely nothing negative about Cordia. I was actually saying that I intended to throw Cordia a little support this year. As for the Combs kids, at least he is actually a "Creeker". You would think that the Cordia faithful would want to see some of their home boys on the floor instead of just riding the pine while the Texas recruits do what ever gets done.

As for Evan Hall, I watched him play all last year. He is a great player and earned his playing time. I was a little worried the first night that he got a lot of play. Turned out to be a little case of nerves and after that held his own with some of the best inside guys in the region. Plus, like you said, he plays inside and Owens is a guard. Even if Evan was on the bench, Owens wouldn't have received any more playing time. Now, I will be the last person to say that politics doesn't come into play in high school sports, but if BB had one of the top shooters in the region on his team during the final minutes of that Regional Championship game last year, he would have been on the floor not on the bench. He wanted to go to state too bad to leave him sitting there.

You didn't say anything bad. If you say anything contrary to what they believe, they are coming after you. Several threads ago, I made comments questioning why Roderick Rhodes would come to any Eastern Kentucky school and they started attacking me personally. I have been rather vicious and uncouth in my retaliatory comments and they now try to be the victims. I am not sure the transfers will be eligible. Based on statements by posters from Cordia who claim to be experts on Lotts Creek basketball, there may be several KHSAA rules violations. I have addressed them in posts 176-180.
[quote=ANEWPAT]I just didn't understand why he went off on me. I said absolutely nothing negative about Cordia. I was actually saying that I intended to throw Cordia a little support this year. As for the Combs kids, at least he is actually a "Creeker". You would think that the Cordia faithful would want to see some of their home boys on the floor instead of just riding the pine while the Texas recruits do what ever gets done.

As for Evan Hall, I watched him play all last year. He is a great player and earned his playing time. I was a little worried the first night that he got a lot of play. Turned out to be a little case of nerves and after that held his own with some of the best inside guys in the region. Plus, like you said, he plays inside and Owens is a guard. Even if Evan was on the bench, Owens wouldn't have received any more playing time. Now, I will be the last person to say that politics doesn't come into play in high school sports, but if BB had one of the top shooters in the region on his team during the final minutes of that Regional Championship game last year, he would have been on the floor not on the bench. He wanted to go to state too bad to leave him sitting there.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, all these 14th region coaches want to win and go to the state tournament including Rhodes. If Rhodes can he will have 15 out of state transfers on his team and all of these so called "Creekers" won't even be on the bench.

Politics might get you an uniform but not playing time!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:If Cordia plays Perry man to man Dalton Cornett will score 60.

LOL. Ok, if you say so buddy. Ain't nobody on PCC's team that could put up 40 in a game with the style Hatcher has them playing. Dalton may be able to dunk, but his game is not that of a big man's if you watched him play at all last year.
What about the bald guy or the guy with the really bad hairline?
Owens could have easily started over that guy for sure.
KHSAA12 Wrote:lol Actually bro yes rod brought supporting videos of the tranfers before they came. And im not taking anything away from those players that you have mention. All iam saying ive seen the players your talking bout for about 3 or 4 years now prolly just like you have but u havent seen hudson play u havent seen him dominate on ppl that if were still in high skl would dominate your mentionable players. Like Ive said " TIME WILL TELL". And i kno where tlkin bout hudson right now but uve forgot about the williams brothers thats right beside him that i promise are just as good or in my opinion better then justice and beverly. Yes their top ranked but take them to where these kids have come from where the starting five are d1 prospects and i promise they would hand out the water just like everyone else. These kids have transferred from houston texas to come here so they could get looked at. They did get playing time but not what they deserved.

Wherever you go to school, the state needs to look at their English program.
HD28 Wrote:Wherever you go to school, the state needs to look at their English program.

ahh boys...
Ballers Wrote:LOL. Ok, if you say so buddy. Ain't nobody on PCC's team that could put up 40 in a game with the style Hatcher has them playing. Dalton may be able to dunk, but his game is not that of a big man's if you watched him play at all last year.

He had no reason to play like a big man last year.
He would spread the floor out and create space for shooters and his big brother who was the "big man".
Then he would crash the boards.

Tell me he didn't play like a big man on defense....
He and Dillon were probably 2 of the leading blockers in the region.
ANEWPAT Wrote:I so do apologize for my ignorance. I come by it honestly though. You see I didn't graduate from Cordia.

thanks for your opinion, but im fine the creeks a wonderful place.
Ballers Wrote:What about the bald guy or the guy with the really bad hairline?
Owens could have easily started over that guy for sure.

lol good post. True Statement along with the shrum boy and cory short. Both have alot of talent, but once again ridin the pine up in knott county.
HD28 Wrote:Wherever you go to school, the state needs to look at their English program.

Yep. They need to fire the teacher who taught their students that you spell probably, prolly.
zaga_fan Wrote:He had no reason to play like a big man last year.
He would spread the floor out and create space for shooters and his big brother who was the "big man".
Then he would crash the boards.

Tell me he didn't play like a big man on defense....
He and Dillon were probably 2 of the leading blockers in the region.

You don't have to be a big man to be able to block shots...
Ballers Wrote:Just making sure because IMO this Cordia team would be able to play man with the Perry team this year.

If I were them I would go man with everyone.
Im just start off by saying sorry if i was to offend anyone with my comments or opinons just thought where im close to the program id voice what i know and how i think the schools going to be a top contender. Im not the type to get on here and argue and thinks quite sillly for anyone else to do so. But orangnowblue and anyone else that ive argued with on here lets be cool and i hope your teams the best of luck this year. Hope you dont take this as me giving in to something you've posted or some nonsense like that. Just wanted to do what i thought was right and apologize if anyone was be offened. But as far as Rodrick breaking any of those khsaa rules that was posted he hasn't, but thats also for the khsaa to decide if they wish to pursue it.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Yep. They need to fire the teacher who taught their students that you spell probably, prolly.

It's actually slang for probably. I'm sure the user knows how to spell the word. :igiveup:
zaga_fan Wrote:If I were them I would go man with everyone.

If your team is able to go man-to-man with a team, it's the best defensive weapon to use.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Im just start off by saying sorry if i was to offend anyone with my comments or opinons just thought where im close to the program id voice what i know and how i think the schools going to be a top contender. Im not the type to get on here and argue and thinks quite sillly for anyone else to do so. But orangnowblue and anyone else that ive argued with on here lets be cool and i hope your teams the best of luck this year. Hope you dont take this as me giving in to something you've posted or some nonsense like that. Just wanted to do what i thought was right and apologize if anyone was be offened. But as far as Rodrick breaking any of those khsaa rules that was posted he hasn't, but thats also for the khsaa to decide if they wish to pursue it.

I do not know for a fact that he has broken any rules. All the info that I have given was by posters from Cordia. They were the only ones who volunteered info on these threads that appear to be violations. Everything I stated was taken from a previous post by a Cordia poster. If it is true or not, they may want to keep their fingers still and their mouth shut because they appear to be ignorant of the rules.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I do not know for a fact that he has broken any rules. All the info that i have given was by posters from Cordia. They were the only ones who volunteered info on these threads that appear to be violations. Everything I stated was taken from a previous post by a Cordia poster. If it is true or not, they may want to keep their fingers still and their mouth shut because they appear to be ignorant of the rules.

Thank you Orangenowblue.
KHSAA, don't mind Orangeandblue.. He's just ranting on and on.. He's got cougar glasses on and he doesn't know any better. He will find any way possible to bang on what-ever school poses a threat to his. I guess he just doesn't want to accept the fact that Cordia has gotten better :Thumbs:
ballstar Wrote:I think rhodes will do a fine job at cordia. He has more connections than anyone in this area to the inner city kids. look for him to feel up the dorms on lotts creek with players from other states.

If this is true. This is several KHSAA rules violations.
Ballers Wrote:KHSAA, don't mind Orangeandblue.. He's just ranting on and on.. He's got cougar glasses on and he doesn't know any better. He will find any way possible to bang on what-ever school poses a threat to his. I guess he just doesn't want to accept the fact that Cordia has gotten better :Thumbs:

Thanks ballers. Ahh, i guess i just dont like arguing on the computer. Like said in ealier posts time will tell and i hope all can accept it when cordia does show up as one of the top contenders this year.
windowscreen Wrote:If you are gonna talk recruits, then get your facts straight! The boys are from Texas--NOT New Jersey! (If you knew anythign about Coach Rhodes or Cordia you would know this)

Another possible KHSAA rules violation.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:If this is true. This is several KHSAA rules violations.

See what I mean?
His trollness has reached high output.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next