Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region 2011-12
Brock has natural power. That is all I will say.
REW2 Wrote:Thanks for the answer, was curious how Corbin stacked up against the other teams in the region.

They should do well.
Im not sure they can compete for a region title this year but its possible.
They are loaded with juniors, around 10 i think, but only have 2 seniors.
They should improve throughout the year.
FanofThegame12 Wrote:Look I don't know all their stats and I was just saying/let's not be harsh ok?

You cannot put Middlesboro ahead of HC, I mean I know they're your team but they're just not better. And giving up a home run to a player doesn't mean their better. All I know is Harlan County beat Middlesboro twice right? one with a lefty who they weren't sure was gonna start. And the other in the 52nd district championship with their ace . So Harlan County won when it mattered so I'll leave it at that.

So Middlesboro isn't better huh? Ok. Their sophomore 1 hit you all last night at your place in a game that was never really in doubt. I will leave it at that.
I wouldn't hang my hat on that 1 game......... :dontthink
And our sophomore held you guys too two runs? HC had a bad night, that's all I'm going to say. I know these boys. And they'll pick up, I have a good feeling about this group.
FanofThegame12 Wrote:And our sophomore held you guys too two runs? HC had a bad night, that's all I'm going to say. I know these boys. And they'll pick up, I have a good feeling about this group.

Really? We're comparing a kid that gave up two runs in 5 innings to a kid that gave up 1 hit in 7 innings?

Both sophomores. I will take Crawford's performance over Cornett's any day of the week.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Really? We're comparing a kid that gave up two runs in 5 innings to a kid that gave up 1 hit in 7 innings?

Both sophomores. I will take Crawford's performance over Cornett's any day of the week.
I dont think anyone would disagree with your comment regarding Crawford's performance, but it seems like you always choose to be somewhat of a jerk when you make your points! I believe what rudedog was trying to point out is that Cornett really was not as sharp as he can be, but still battled hard and gave up only 2 runs in 5 innings. Crawford pitched a great game, but Cornett along with other young pitchers for HC is capable of pitching just as well or better.

Hats off to Lucas Crawford for a well pitched game!
I guess the 10-7 win tonight for HC will get overlooked and a game not in doubt, HC was up 7-0 at one point and 10-3 going into the bottom of the 7th. Two sophs pitched for HC this night as well.
In no way was I comparing. Lord, you need to teach your kids down there some class. Walking through the line saying "1 seed." I'll take Cornett over Crawford anyday. Plus what happened to Epperson? Goodness, no control whatsoever.
The Epperson kid threw hard but has no control and probably is not even in the rotation. The HC staff looks good and the Cornett kid will be a stud when he puts his mind to it. Boggs, Bond, Bailey, Cornett and Leisge make up a really good pitching staff and when the hits are there this team is hard to beat. The Middlesboro coaches just in my opionon is classless they dont give the other team credit when credit is due but make excuses. The kids from Middlesboro can play and wish them the best in the all A but think the program will be better in a few years with the young kids they have coming up and a new coaching staff.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I dont think anyone would disagree with your comment regarding Crawford's performance, but it seems like you always choose to be somewhat of a jerk when you make your points! I believe what rudedog was trying to point out is that Cornett really was not as sharp as he can be, but still battled hard and gave up only 2 runs in 5 innings. Crawford pitched a great game, but Cornett along with other young pitchers for HC is capable of pitching just as well or better.

Hats off to Lucas Crawford for a well pitched game!

Exactly. The sky is the limit for this entire group of sophomore pitchers.....
I know for a fact that the Region Tournament is being held at South Laurel this year, incase that has not been correctly said (i skipped over a couple pages of comments). Also, what about Banfield of Barbourville in a solid pitching discussion. When his pitching is working, he can no-no any team in the region like he did to Mboro last night, they scored 2 runs, both unearned.
tigerbaseballer Wrote:I know for a fact that the Region Tournament is being held at South Laurel this year, incase that has not been correctly said (i skipped over a couple pages of comments). Also, what about Banfield of Barbourville in a solid pitching discussion. When his pitching is working, he can no-no any team in the region like he did to Mboro last night, they scored 2 runs, both unearned.

A no-no from Banfield vs Clay or North highly unlikely even when he is on his game.
tigerbaseballer Wrote:I know for a fact that the Region Tournament is being held at South Laurel this year, incase that has not been correctly said (i skipped over a couple pages of comments). Also, what about Banfield of Barbourville in a solid pitching discussion. When his pitching is working, he can no-no any team in the region like he did to Mboro last night, they scored 2 runs, both unearned.

No-no? Were you even at the game? If by no-no you mean giving up 4 hits, 2 runs, and walking 6 batters in a losing effort, then yeah, Banfield definitely had that. Middlesboro played flat and still won.

By the way, not that it meant anything to the kids, but you all did all that trash talking about how you were going to beat Middlesboro and you end up losing 3 times to them in 1 season. Solid. Like I said before in another thread, whoever draws B'ville in region will be ecstatic.

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/view...ville-2-1?
Epperson threw a no hitter and struck out 15 tonight against KC.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Epperson threw a no hitter and struck out 15 tonight against KC.

I heard 1 hitter? Either way no big deal, impressive game regardless. Did it go 7?
It was a no hitter for what it's worth. And yes, it went a full 7. MHS plays SL I think on Monday.

So who are the 1 seeds for the districts in the 13th? I know MHS is the top seed in the 52nd.
I would say:

?- South Laurel
49th - Clay Co?
51st - Barbourville
52nd - Middlesboro

Districts are a week away for most teams. I lve the postseason because it shows who's hot and playing well. I'm personally excited for the 52nd district tournament and a matchup between M'boro and HC. What's everybody's predictions on district champs throughout the region?