Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region 2011-12
Hit and Run Wrote:Carson isn't even the top pitcher on his own staff. Give me Shears and Eversole and you can have Carson. To argue that any of those 3 are close to Vorbeck, Boggs, or Smith is outrageous.

I didnt say he was, i said he may be.....

You'd be very surprised at what a year can do for an arm.
I personally know.
I will also say he may be the best all around player.
You never know the kid could have a breakout year... What are your all's thoughts on who has the best pitching staff in the region?
IMHO, and this may seem like favortisim but I would have to give it to Harlan County.

They're four or five pitchers deep, with more young ones developing.
I think Tyler Boggs, a junior, will have a year that everybody has been waiting for. James Bond, a junior, will be on the team now that basketball is over, it may take him a little bit to get back in the groove of things but he'll be solid this year. And their next pitcher is Tyler Cornett, a sophomore, who I think will play a big role in their championship hunt this year. I just recently moved to HC but from what I've saw, this kid has alot of potential. He'll be a good 3 pitcher in the rotation this year, look for him to get some innings. And then fellow sophomore Connor Leisge, who pitched in relief some last year, I expect to get solid innings. Kid has good breaking pitches, and knows how to locate. Along with those four they have fellow sophomores, Jacob Hensley, and Scotty Bailey, who will help them in relief and solid starts when they need them.
^
Harlan County and North Laurel will probabaly have the best overall pitching staffs.
Teams like Corbin have a good ace, but from top to bottom HC and NL are at the top.
I know last year Knox Central had King who could beat alot of teams if he had a good night, do they have anybody returning, other than Gilbert?
tiger baseball Wrote:^ that's ok buddy, just wait till the season starts then you will think differently!

Middlesboro scrimmages b'ville today and now where going to see how it really works. trust me, middlesboro will be the better team and were going to prove that today on the field. Knowing that the players after the game are gonna say ''wait till we get deeper in the season and play you all'' it dosent matter. a better team is a better team.:argue:
Harlan County has a scrimmage at Clay County tomorrow .
tiger baseball Wrote:I think that barbourville is in that 6 instead of middlesboro, dont get me wrong they are a good team but barbourville has too much talent and will beat middlesboro in the regular season and the All "A" Classic!

Middlesboro beat Bville in a scrimmage tonight 8-0. Not even close really. Epperson had two hits, Brock had a deep HR and Middlesboro through 4 different pitchers. Epperson was untouchable on the mound and Roark looked pretty dominant as well. Could be Middlesboro's best team in several years.

Any thoughts on the scrimmage?
Well i have some thoughts on the scrimmage, Thomas epperson looked better than he has in two years, he looked like he was alot more accurate. lucas crawford looked pretty good with only being a sophmore and he had 5 strikeouts, nick capps, has gotten better from lastyear and was pitching very well the first two innings, Roark in all honesty didnt show me nothing to be impressed aBOUT, @MHSPARENT4life, can you tell me what Roark done so specail??? from what i seen the batters bailed him out, all i seen were more balls then strikes.
Nothing Barbourville people? Nothing to say about yesterday's scrimmage?
Id like to say mhsparent4life. The jackets D looked flawless lastnight. Also i would like to add they the sticks wasnt going as much as we hope for. But they still looked very solid either way. The fact of the matter is that middlesboro done work on barbourville last night and that sets a example on how they are going to be looking through the season. all the pictures looked good, epp was un touchable like you said and roark was dominate, crowford had five strikeouts and capps look great as well.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Nothing Barbourville people? Nothing to say about yesterday's scrimmage?

They seemed to disappear after that loss to Pineville in basketball.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Middlesboro beat Bville in a scrimmage tonight 8-0. Not even close really. Epperson had two hits, Brock had a deep HR and Middlesboro through 4 different pitchers. Epperson was untouchable on the mound and Roark looked pretty dominant as well. Could be Middlesboro's best team in several years.

Any thoughts on the scrimmage?

I think we heard the same thing last year.
i have one thing to say barbourville has hit the new bats 1 time before the middlesboro game and just wait for all a i gurantee barbourville will beat middlesboro! and by the way epperson pitched against 3 bench players which put up a good fight against him so that doesnt say much about him!
jed Wrote:I think we heard the same thing last year.

You did. You're right, I was confident about last year and we fell far short from what I thought we'd do. That being said, we lost two of our best players to injuries for most of the season. Thomas Epperson broke a bone in his elbow and Bubba Brock injured his shoulder when a player from Bell County ran over him at the plate. These were by far our two best hitters that we missed.

In addition to having them healthy, the Jackets also added Chase Roark in the off-season who is a very solid player and pitcher.

The reason I am excited is because we are a different team than the one we were playing with most of the season last year.

And Barbourville guy, the bat you're swinging doesn't matter when you don't make contact. I'd said you all struck out about 15 times, no joke. To say they put up a good fight again Epperson is laughable. I'm acutally laughing right now at the thought of that. haha. Really, physically laughing.
you must not have been at the game then because i dont recall epperson striking anybody out easily! and if barbourville could use an illegal bat like middlesboro did then i bet we could hit homeruns to. and wait until tournament time middlesboro will be beat and epperson will get rocked!
tiger baseball Wrote:you must not have been at the game then because i dont recall epperson striking anybody out easily! and if barbourville could use an illegal bat like middlesboro did then i bet we could hit homeruns to. and wait until tournament time middlesboro will be beat and epperson will get rocked!

I was at the game for its entirety. I watched Epperson breeze through the last three outs of the game with Ks.

And the illegal bat argument? That's what you're going with? Middlesboro has been working with the new BBCOR bats since last July. Maybe if the B'ville players actually touched a baseball in the offseason, then they would know how to swing a bat too. Besides, Middlesboro hit 1 HR in that scrimmage and the person who hit it, Bubba Brock, has as much power as anyone in the region.

I'm beginning to think you are joking. You can't possibly be that brain washed to believe B'ville is that good.
i wouldnt be surprised if they got caught with illegal bats since they did last year and wait till tournament time thats all im saying
no illegal bats used in this leage my friend.
i also believe the umpires cleard all the bats we used last year and also cleared the on that wilson hit that homerun with.
all of this illegal bat stuff isnt the truth.
Beating B'ville 8-0 in a scrimmage is nothing to brag about in any form or fashion. It is a scrimmage so teams can build off of it.
thank you fanofthegame12! it will be a totally different game come tournament time!
FanofThegame12 Wrote:Beating B'ville 8-0 in a scrimmage is nothing to brag about in any form or fashion. It is a scrimmage so teams can build off of it.

tiger baseball Wrote:thank you fanofthegame12! it will be a totally different game come tournament time!

I 100% agree that scrimmages are not important in the scheme of the season. That being said, the only reason the results were talked about was because tiger was talking so much trash about how much better B'ville will be this year than Middlesboro. And while the game is very early, the All "A" will be played in two weeks. That is a pretty quick turnaround and it wouldn't be unrealistic for one to expect the same Barbourville team to show up, seeing as how it is just 10 or so days away.

The score could have been much worse, as is usually the case in scrimmages. They played absolutely everybody on the bench and their ace only pitched 1 inning.
I completely understand with what you're saying MHSParent, I wouldn't be talking the talk if I couldn't walk the walk. It was a scrimmage and I'd say Coach Powell wanted his young ones to get experience.
barbourville played everybody as well and pitched several different pitchers to! it will be a much closer game when it comes tournament time!
Ok! what bats are in question that were being used? Some BBCORE bats are already ban from play!
Was wondering what the 13th region experts thought about Corbin?
I saw them play over the weekend, are they a top 3, top 5, top 10 team in the region?
^
Id say top 5.
Them and South should battle it out for the 50th district title.
Wburg has improved as well.
Thanks for the answer, was curious how Corbin stacked up against the other teams in the region.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:I was at the game for its entirety. I watched Epperson breeze through the last three outs of the game with Ks.

And the illegal bat argument? That's what you're going with? Middlesboro has been working with the new BBCOR bats since last July. Maybe if the B'ville players actually touched a baseball in the offseason, then they would know how to swing a bat too. Besides, Middlesboro hit 1 HR in that scrimmage and the person who hit it, Bubba Brock, has as much power as anyone in the region.I'm beginning to think you are joking. You can't possibly be that brain washed to believe B'ville is that good.

Im sure the kid has power. But I dont think he has as much as Vorbeck or Storm.