Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painstville Baseball 2006 Part 2
[quote author=The Guru link=topic=20302.msg207291#msg207291 date=1141926737]
[quote author=Eagle89 link=topic=20302.msg207234#msg207234 date=1141921714]
I watch Daniel pitch the entire year when he was 12, and I have to disagree with you that Grim was a better pitcher.  I think Daniel threw the ball harder and he was more feared that year.   I know that you are not going to agree with that, but several kids in the league that year would have ten times rather faced Grimm than Pugh.
[/quote]

LMAO!!! I readf this post and about got choked!!! I too saw every pitch he threw as a 12 year old, 11 year old, most that he threw as a 10 year old!! He did throw hard, and he was definately feared!!! But it was because, he threw hard, and had no problems with putting one in someone's earhole!!! And that wasn't where he wanted it to go!!
DP is a great athlete, and just as, if not better than a great person!!! Consumate team player!!
[/quote]Then why didnt he pitch in all stars? and why has he not pitched in high school. Are you saying that Coach Adkins is an idiot. Paintsille needed pitching deperately the last two years. Adkins is going to do what it takes to win if he had someone that could help out in the fashion he is not going to not pitch them. Right? Are you saying that John Doug was an idiot. I think he coached the all stars back then if I am not mistaken. Those are some pretty good baseball guys that know exactly what they were doing. If he was so good then why did Matt and Shane do all the pitching back then during the all stars.
[quote author=rockhouse link=topic=20302.msg207297#msg207297 date=1141927483]
[quote author=2000PHS link=topic=20302.msg207265#msg207265 date=1141924093]
[quote author=rockhouse link=topic=20302.msg207247#msg207247 date=1141922870]
I watch Daniel pitch the entire year when he was 12, and I have to disagree with you that Grim was a better pitcher.  I think Daniel threw the ball harder and he was more feared that year.  I know that you are not going to agree with that, but several kids in the league that year would have ten times rather faced Grimm than Pugh.
[/quote]Your right , I dont agree at all. Grim has not gotten a lot better as time has gone on but he's not worked on that much either. But when they were both in LL, Grim was alot better pitcher . Maybe it's because he is left handed,Idk because they are harder for most people to hit off of.. But he was definately the better of the 2 at that time. He didnt strike fear in anybody unless it was some of the 9 or 10 year olds. Noone of the good 11 and 12 year olds were afraid of him. The truth is that neither Grim or Pugh was not the best 12 year old. It was Matt Fyffe but Grim was better than Pugh. If Daniel was so interested and would work on something all that much he would have played with the rest of the guys in the summer. Like I said it has all been a big ego deal with him and his dad. He is a good athlete , maybe the best at Paintsville but he does have some big ego problems. He played SS in LL too because his dad was always his coach. But when his dad was not his coach and everyone else coached him he didnt play SS or pitch either one. Explain that to me. I guess your saying that not only did coach Adkins did not know what he was doing but nobody else does either.You just dont automaticly become a good pitcher in high school without ever working on it. If you think that Pugh is a great athlete I will agree with you on that 100% but that does not mean is is a good pitcher and that dont mean hes gods gift to the baseball field. Your insulting all of the other guys who have worlked hard to be good ones with your comments, and I along with everyone else resent that. Like I told you before Adkins tried to pitch him and he was awful.
[/quote]

Guys they were 12, a lot changes in a few years.  Also I am getting tired of hearing about Daniel and his "ego" problem.  He is the ideal team player. Ask any  coach worth their weight in salt, if they would want a team full of players like him, the answer is yes  You say he has an ego problem but he had no problem moving to the outfield last year to help the team. How many players with an ego problem would have left the infield and moved to the outfield ansewer = zero.  If Coach Howard thinks the team is better off with him at SS, 3rd, LF,Catcher, Pitcher, or CF, Daniel will play that position and be very good both at the plate and in the field. I agree that not all athletes are good pitchers but thats not taking anything away from Daniel. When you play 3 sports its hard to become a great pitcher because it demands so much practice. Who cares if he doesn't play summer ball?  He has been the starting QB for Paintsville since he was a freshman so he probably thought it would be in the best interests of the school football team for him to be at 2-a-days. Trust me if he wasn't a team player he would have played baseball just to miss 2-a-days.  And no I'm not saying that kids that do play summer baseball aren't team players, in way they are team players also because they are risking getting knocked out of positions due to lack of practice time. So please stop with the Daniel "ego talk" because once you look at the facts the arguement holds no water. 
[/quote] Your right when you play 3 sports it is hard to be real good at all of them. Maybe that has something to do with it but Chas Harmon played all 3 and a bunch of other guys did to but they all played summer baseball to and were some good pitchers because they worked on their baseball game to. Daniel has never proven to be as good as Chas was either has he.I played football and baseball both in the summer and the best I remember 2 a dys did not start until the end of July. There was plenty of time to play baseball if he had wanted to. Tell the truth on this , Daniel did not play summer ball becuse him and his dad both thought that JL and SL was beneath him. Everybody including the players knew exactly why he wasnt playing with the rest of them so what your saying is garbage. Pugh played Centerfield because that is where coach Adkins told him to play and it was either his way or the highway. If he wanted to play he didnt have a choice. Dont start this for the good of the team junk. Daniel is a little younger than me and he never personally never did anything to me but that dont mean that I am blind and stupid to. If Daniel does not want to play summer ball  with everyone else then that is fine just dont go on and on about how great he is at pitching and how great he is at baseball because he's not. He is pretty good but nothing near what some of you guys are making him sound like. I just get tired of a lot of hard working kids get the shaft that has worked there tails off to be good at baseball and then you have some premadonna that never done crap get the glory . Sorry for getting all worked up but its all the truth. I am a Tiger will always be a tiger but I aint afraid to tell it like it is and give the best players and the hardest workers the credit they deserve. Daniel just dont deserve the credit in this case. Maybe in football yes, not in baseball.
[/quote]

Where did I say he was a great pitcher?  I missed that post by me.  So let me get this straight, LL was not beneath him but SL and JL was, ok that makes a lot of sense.  Chas was/is a great athlete and so is Daniel. I have not posted on negative thing about any Tigers and never will; a lot kids have worked hard to make themeselves better, you seem to have a vendetta against Pugh for some reason.  And yes Summer ball does over lap football and not having your Qb at practice really makes it hard to work on offense, which always needs more work than defense early on. I know more than anyone what Chas could do on the football field and trust me I'd take them both on my team.  Chas is one of the best pitchers to ever put on  a Tiger uniform so why even compare him to Daniel since he doesn't even pitch?  You seem to contradict yourself by saying "he is pretty good" but follow it up with "then you have some premadonna that never done crap get the glory."  Le's make up our mind here is he pretty good or has he "not done crap"?
[quote author=rockhouse link=topic=20302.msg207374#msg207374 date=1141932003]
[/quote]I guess to are entitled to have your opinion and if he wants to play 20 sports then that is all fine and dandy. Just don't go on and on about how great he is at pitching or baseball in general because you think he was good when he was 12 years old. How good you are when your 12 and how good you are when you are a junior in high school has nothing to do with the other. If you think he is a better QB than Chas then I guess you have the Right to think so but it's not true. Daniel is more physical than Chas but Chas could throw rings around him. I know all about what Chas could do on the football field. Chas was also a better basketball player and a heck of a lot better baseball player. Its like daylight and dark. At least Chas didn't think he was better than the rest of us.

You can throw your comment about boxing out the window as to why he did not play baseball with the other guys all these years because he just started boxing a year or year and a half ago. He and his dad thought it was beneath him and thats the honest truth.  You know its the truth just like I do. At least be courageous enough to speak the truth on the matter.
Quote:

It's fine and dandy with me if he played 20 sports and I'd probably support Daniel at all 20 if he chose to do that. I've not said one word about Daniel's pitching, I thought he did a decent job when he was 12 but that doesn't mean a hill of beans now. He just got up there and threw when he was 12, when you're in high school things are a little different. You're entitled to your opinion as well, but I guess when Coach Runyon says be like Tony and not Chas it means nothing?? Chas had one thing that Daniel doesn't, a receiver that had the talents of Dustin Hall. Don't get me wrong Freno was a good receiver but he didn't have the separation that Dustin would get on defenders. Chas made Dustin and Dustin made Chas, I don't think the same could be said for Freno nor Pugh. They are both talented players in their own right. I'll agree Chas was the better basketball player and baseball player. But comparing them is like night and day on the diamond. I don't have a problem with you voicing an opinion doesn't bother me in the least. If David and Daniel felt that they were above the Junior and Senior league than so be it. So is it the same case for some other players such as Kevin Williams. He was still eligible for All-Stars even last year and I honestly don't remember Andrew Brown playing Junior or Senior league. These are kids, they have other things on their minds than just sports most of the time. Boxing would have interfered with All-Stars had Daniel played last year or possibly the year before because I'm pretty sure he's been at it for almost two whole years now. The only person it hurt by not playing All-Stars is Daniel, I've even heard him and Kevin say I wished I'd played with you all last year. If Daniel doesn't want to play it's is prerogative and he'll be the one that deals with it.
[quote author=rockhouse link=topic=20302.msg207384#msg207384 date=1141932419]
[quote author=The Guru link=topic=20302.msg207291#msg207291 date=1141926737]
I watch Daniel pitch the entire year when he was 12, and I have to disagree with you that Grim was a better pitcher.  I think Daniel threw the ball harder and he was more feared that year.   I know that you are not going to agree with that, but several kids in the league that year would have ten times rather faced Grimm than Pugh.
[/quote]

LMAO!!! I readf this post and about got choked!!! I too saw every pitch he threw as a 12 year old, 11 year old, most that he threw as a 10 year old!! He did throw hard, and he was definately feared!!! But it was because, he threw hard, and had no problems with putting one in someone's earhole!!! And that wasn't where he wanted it to go!!
DP is a great athlete, and just as, if not better than a great person!!! Consumate team player!!
[/quote]Then why didnt he pitch in all stars? and why has he not pitched in high school. Are you saying that Coach Adkins is an idiot. Paintsille needed pitching deperately the last two years. Adkins is going to do what it takes to win if he had someone that could help out in the fashion he is not going to not pitch them. Right? Are you saying that John Doug was an idiot. I think he coached the all stars back then if I am not mistaken. Those are some pretty good baseball guys that know exactly what they were doing. If he was so good then why did Matt and Shane do all the pitching back then during the all stars.
[/quote]What makes you think I am saying that Adkins and miller were idiots??? I don't know why he didn't pitch in all stars!!! Ehy don't you ask John Doug??? Then go ask Adkins why he never pitched Pugh. Then come back here and tell us! my best guess, and that is all I can give, is that neither coach was comfortable with him on the mound! I know they both were thrilled with being able to put him at any fielding position and know he would do a great job!!! I watched DP throw batting practice last year, and he even laughed at hitting people so much!!!
I'm hearing that J.D. Vanhoose has chose not to play this season. I hope this isn't true, J.D. is a fine player and could be a very big asset to the Tigers lineup. If it is true I hope J.D. changes his mind.
[quote author=MOJO link=topic=20302.msg207840#msg207840 date=1141983287]
I'm hearing that J.D. Vanhoose has chose not to play this season. I hope this isn't true, J.D. is a fine player and could be a very big asset to the Tigers lineup. If it is true I hope J.D. changes his mind.
[/quote]
Kind of surprising.
[quote author=MOJO link=topic=20302.msg207840#msg207840 date=1141983287]
[/quote]

Would be a mistake if he decided not to play, baseball is is best sport IMO.  However, if he doesn't want to play then so be it. 
Quote:
Your right , I dont agree at all. Grim has not gotten a lot better as time has gone on but he's not worked on that much either. But when they were both in LL, Grim was alot better pitcher . Maybe it's because he is left handed,Idk because they are harder for most people to hit off of.. But he was definately the better of the 2 at that time. He didnt strike fear in anybody unless it was some of the 9 or 10 year olds. Noone of the good 11 and 12 year olds were afraid of him. The truth is that neither Grim or Pugh was not the best 12 year old. It was Matt Fyffe but Grim was better than Pugh. If Daniel was so interested and would work on something all that much he would have played with the rest of the guys in the summer. Like I said it has all been a big ego deal with him and his dad. He is a good athlete , maybe the best at Paintsville but he does have some big ego problems.  He played SS in LL too because his dad was always his coach. But when his dad was not his coach and everyone else coached him he didnt play SS or pitch either one. Explain that to me. I guess your saying that not only did coach Adkins did not know what he was doing but nobody else does either.You just dont automaticly become a good pitcher in high school without ever working on it. If you think that Pugh is a great athlete I will agree with you on that 100% but that does not mean is is a good pitcher and that dont mean hes gods gift to the baseball field. Your insulting all of the other guys who have worlked hard to be good ones with your comments, and I along with everyone else resent that. Like I told you before Adkins tried to pitch him and he was awful.
Quote:
AMEN!.. It always seems to me that Daniel gets all the credit for everything, when he isn't really good at anything!..In my opinion, all Pugh cares about working on is how he looks, so i don't think theres an even slight chance of him caring about baseball!

AMEN!.. It always seems to me that Daniel gets all the credit for everything, when he isn't really good at anything!..In my opinion, all Pugh cares about working on is how he looks, so i don't think theres an even slight chance of him caring about baseball!
Quote:

So you wouldn't want a player like him on any of your teams? I'm not going to list his stats because its a waste of time but will mention some highlights,  He led the Tigers in assists this year after setting out a season, he was Mr. Everything on the football field, and his best sport is probably baseball.  Do some research before you post negative posts about a fine young man.
Quote:
Quote:

No need for a Big long response on this one!  Because everyone that reads that post knows that YOU HAVE NO CLUE what you are talking about!  You need to get out of the house more often.  Rolleyes
Daniel was the best baseball player Paintsville had last year and was playing a position(CF), that he had never played in his life, and 95% of the 15th region thought he was top three outfielders in the region!!! Nuff said on that!
Why hasn't Pugh played SS or pitched in HS?? Simple!!! As a freshman, Adkins needed a third baseman, Pugh was the man!!!, As a Soph. Adkins was in need of a Centerfielder!!! Pugh was the man!!! In his Jr. year, Howard needs a solid SS!!! Pugh IS the man!!! If you think it is ego with Daniel!!! You are a fool!!! And know nothing about him!!!

As far as JD, I hope he plays. Coach Howard gave the basketball players three days off if they wanted them. Pugh, Williams and Ison didn't want the break, Grimm needed a day off, and JD took all three!!! I look for him to be at practice monday!!! IMO, I think JD could get a scholorship in 3 different sports!!! But I think the only serious playing time would be in baseball!! That is not a knock at JD, as I dearly love the kid!!! It is just my opinion. But if he decides not to play, then that should be his and only his decision!!!
The only thing I find out of all this that is funny is that some people are getting tore up over who pitched in little league all-stars.  Heck I even pitched in LL all-stars and never even went out for my high school baseball team.  My brother was a different story, he liked it and stuck with it, right now he's in Disney World rubbin' elbows with Cinderella and Minnie, going to the World Baseball Classic and playing ball at the Wide World of Sports venues.  But Daniel is just an athlete, he can do whatever he wants and be good at it if he works on it.  If he wants to be a pitcher or coach wants him to be a pitcher I'm sure he'll do fine with a little work.  If he has to play SS I'm sure he'll be good at that too with some practice.  He can adapt well to various positions, always has and I'm sure he'll continue to.
I got to see Daniel throw a little bit yesterday at practice. He's got some great velocity, but his control is a little wild. I'm sure if he keeps on working hard at pitching he'll do great though.
Daniel Pugh is a great player..he will help out this tiger ball club alot..offensively, and defensively..Daniel keep up the hard work!

But arent we supposed to be talking about tiger baseball?

This tiger team will be better than last years, there is no doubt about it. This Tiger team has chemistry and chemistry is what helps a team win..uve got to play together!..Good Luck To The Boys In Blue
I would say Paintsville will be stronger and better than last year. Pitching will probably find new younger faces on the mound, but everyone has to begin somewhere! I am looking forward to watching this group grow and gel into a great Tiger team. Most players don't really care where they have to play as long as they get to play! This group will be fine and they'll play well as a team together.  :clap: At Paintsville, there are plenty of talented kids that have grown up there and come thru the system. These young men and their parents understand that playing together as a team and winning is a lot more fun than not.
[quote author=SnakE link=topic=20302.msg209780#msg209780 date=1142190761]
I would say Paintsville will be stronger and better than last year. Pitching will probably find new younger faces on the mound, but everyone has to begin somewhere! I am looking forward to watching this group grow and gel into a great Tiger team. Most players don't really care where they have to play as long as they get to play! This group will be fine and they'll play well as a team together.  :clap: At Paintsville, there are plenty of talented kids that have grown up there and come thru the system. These young men and their parents understand that playing together as a team and winning is a lot more fun than not.
[/quote]
They WILL NOT be stronger and better than last year.
[quote author=FUPA link=topic=20302.msg209933#msg209933 date=1142202677]
[/quote]
[/quote]
ur crazy fupa.. they will be stronger than last year.. ask anyone.. they will tell you.. this team has chemistry .. unlike last years
[quote author=Err Is Human link=topic=20302.msg210175#msg210175 date=1142218153]
[/quote]
[/quote]
ur crazy fupa.. they will be stronger than last year.. ask anyone.. they will tell you.. this team has chemistry .. unlike last years
[/quote]
I respect your opinon but I disagree with it. I will tell you why. Last year team had Chemisty, they had some hot heads but they were a close group of kids. Baseball is a game of 9 individuals doing there job to make the team better. These 9 individual on this team would not beat the 9 guys on the last team. Simple, they aren't as good defensivley, pitching, and nearly all of them lack experience. All of those things are needed to win baseball games. This team will probablly be better at hitting because of the good pitchers the 15th lost last season. Conley, Blanton, Vanhoose, McCown, Miller, Horn and so on. So with that being said I hope you see what your trying to say.
[quote author=FUPA link=topic=20302.msg210288#msg210288 date=1142236295]
[quote author=Err Is Human link=topic=20302.msg210175#msg210175 date=1142218153]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I respect your opinon but I disagree with it. I will tell you why. Last year team had Chemisty, they had some hot heads but they were a close group of kids. Baseball is a game of 9 individuals doing there job to make the team better. These 9 individual on this team would not beat the 9 guys on the last team. Simple, they aren't as good defensivley, pitching, and nearly all of them lack experience. All of those things are needed to win baseball games. This team will probablly be better at hitting because of the good pitchers the 15th lost last season. Conley, Blanton, Vanhoose, McCown, Miller, Horn and so on. So with that being said I hope you see what your trying to say.
[/quote]

I am so glad you can respect our opinions! This tells me you're maturing! :thumpsup: We know all about last year's team, but their day is over and it's time to push on.... respectfully.
You know this.
I won't go into detail on last year's group, I liked them all & watched them play since LL, I will say that this year's Paintsville Baseball team will do fine. We'll win some and we'll lose some, but we'll surely improve and hopefully be right in the thick of things considering that several of our players from last year, can finally play their position instead of having to shuffled around..... I say all of this respectfully. I would have hoped you could have moved along to the perspective that it's now about this new group and so forth instead of repeatedly looking backward and being preachy. Come on, you used to never be this person, you used to be a "gun-ho" type, very supportive and loathed those who never could give your group a good word. FUPA, I'll be looking for you to be around and getting to know the new and younger guys, giving history lessons and getting updated on the latest talk. Who knows, you may come to appreciate this group as much as your own!
[/quote]Right Rolleyes
[quote author=SnakE link=topic=20302.msg210356#msg210356 date=1142261428]
[quote author=FUPA link=topic=20302.msg210288#msg210288 date=1142236295]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I am so glad you can respect our opinions! This tells me you're maturing! :thumpsup: We know all about last year's team, but their day is over and it's time to push on.... respectfully.
You know this.
I won't go into detail on last year's group, I liked them all & watched them play since LL, I will say that this year's Paintsville Baseball team will do fine. We'll win some and we'll lose some, but we'll surely improve and hopefully be right in the thick of things considering that several of our players from last year, can finally play their position instead of having to shuffled around..... I say all of this respectfully. I would have hoped you could have moved along to the perspective that it's now about this new group and so forth instead of repeatedly looking backward and being preachy. Come on, you used to never be this person, you used to be a "gun-ho" type, very supportive and loathed those who never could give your group a good word. FUPA, I'll be looking for you to be around and getting to know the new and younger guys, giving history lessons and getting updated on the latest talk. Who knows, you may come to appreciate this group as much as your own!
[/quote]
Better=winning more games. This team will not win 20 games, a district title and lose in the region championship game. They will be a good team and compete with the other top 4 teams for this region. Its funny how people think they know who they are talking about.