Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good is Perry Central - Find out next 10 days
No I dont dislike or hate Perry Central. Dont even hate the fact he recruits. Its just fans that have no clue that gets under my skin.
You have no clue. Sounds like if Perry would have made free throws the outcome may have been different. If all you have to do is talk down about a very good basketball team, then you need to get a life. Perry is a great team. Good luck lady dores. You have support behind you.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Perry missing 20 free throws meant they played bad too. The game was at Mercy. Thats' a 10 point advantage right there.
But...Mercy is a good team, they also beat the unbeatable Manual a few weeks back.

Perry Central is as good as any team in the state. Do you honestly think Perry Central wouldn't beat Mercy by 10 or more if the game were played in Hazard. Mercy had what we call a home court advantage.

I couldn't find a box score on this game anywhere so I watched it on ihigh. I kept a rough count on PCC's free throw shooting and ended with 15 of 30 although I could be off by one or two. Interestingly, Mercy missed some free throws as well but they didn't miss them down the stretch when they really counted. That's typical of Mercy teams from what I've seen.

Intersting thought process in your post. The officials favored Mercy but Perry Central shot more free throws? That seems contradictory to me, particiularly in light of the fact that free throws were only as close as they were (I did not count Mercy's free throws but it certainly seemed that PCC shot more for the game).

From my neutral perspective......I have no tie to either team......I thought the game was vey evenly officiated. And the crowd didn't seem to be much of a factor either. In fact you could often hear the PCC fans over the home fans. Was there a home court advantage? Obviously, but I saw nothing beyond what is normal.

One thing that struck me as odd, and a bit disappointing.............for this to be a game between two Top 5 teams there didn't seem to be much intensity. At times both teams just seemed to be going through the motions. I would have thought they would have been scratching and clawing but they weren't. IMO, either team is vulnerable if they play like that against a number of state teams who are "on their game". But that's what makes girls basketball so unpredictable!
Well I am glad I found someone who watched the same game as I did. Thanks WVFrank, I thought I was going nuts.....
lillianhidgepork Wrote:This maybe one of the most unrealist posts in history. So you are saying the refs beat Perry Central? And are you insinuating that the refs would help you win at Perry?

No. I'm not saying that at all.

I'm saying that if a team is playing on a floor that they practice on daily, with familiar surroundings, familiar rims, familiar seating,---it is a home court advantage. A team is more in a comfort zone. It means as much a 10 points in some cases.
I'm not saying that's what happened in this case, but occasionally referees have a say in the outcome too. I mean, these people will be rated by the coaches from their region for post season tournament assignments. If nothing else, the home team will almost always get the 50/50 calls if they are playing an out-of-region team. It's just the way it is. In a game where two teams are fairly even in talent, those 50/50 calls are a big advantage.
Hey, lillianhidgepork

:haters:
king360 Wrote:Hey, lillianhidgepork

:haters:

I just realized who this was a sketch of. It is the Perry Central principal going to get in the unemployment line. LOL.
Dont worry about our Principal. He may be better off. He's a great guy and done the best he could for Perry County. Whoever gets him will be VERY lucky.
Orangenowblue- the principal has nothing to do with this. You are coming to the game tommorow - right?
It will be Big Randy when he dont win the amount of games and beat the teams all his unreaslist fans think he should. They will turn on him when he dont win it all. Manual awaits you guys......Im sure we will talk after that game. :biglmao:
Lillianhodgepork you are a joke. I don't know what your deal is talking about this team and coach. You are exposing your weakness by doing this. Any of the 16 teams that make it to state have a chance to win. They didn't get there for no reason.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I just realized who this was a sketch of. LOL.

Would of guessed the two coaches from Letcher walking out of the gym tonight after getting stomped by about 40+, but the guy is way to skinny to say that!:biglmao:
D1Recruiter Wrote:Would of guessed the two coaches from Letcher walking out of the gym tonight after getting stomped by about 40+, but the guy is way to skinny to say that!:biglmao:

Maybe it was Perry Central's coach walking off the floor tonight relieved that his team finally pulled it out in a very close game against a team that most BluegrassRivals posters gave no chance of competing with Perry(some idiotic dumb@$$e$ even predicted a 40+ win for Perry Central). Maybe it was the official from Owsley County who walked off the floor stating " I made the punkin patch proud tonight as I did not make hardly any calls against them"
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Maybe it was the official from Owsley County who walked off the floor stating " I made the punkin patch proud tonight as I did not make hardly any calls against them"

Funny stuff, I believe there was another official there from Letcher county too, definitely a wakeup call for the Lady Dores. Will be totally different in the Regional tourney though, Perry slept throught this game and still came out on top, Letcher played as good as they could play, won't even be close to this kind of game in March. But Letcher will have to battle to even get to play them again. Congrats to the Lady Cougars on a well played game.
If Letcher would of hit their layups in the 2nd quarter, they may of came out on top. But they blew their chance. I didnt think Eldridge played very well for Letcher either. May be because Kendall was guarding her. Letcher has a good team and on any given night could upset the Dores if they get HOT.
LCC played ok missed alot of layups n Eldridge didnt shoot well only scoring 10 points, PCC put Crawford n Noble on her to stop her. PCC played very good defense after halftime, congrats to PCC.. Hopefully these 2 teams will meet in 14th region finals...
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Funny stuff, I believe there was another official there from Letcher county too, definitely a wakeup call for the Lady Dores. Will be totally different in the Regional tourney though, Perry slept throught this game and still came out on top, Letcher played as good as they could play, won't even be close to this kind of game in March. But Letcher will have to battle to even get to play them again. Congrats to the Lady Cougars on a well played game.
Come on. Give LCC credit. Who is going to give either LCC or PCC a battle in this region? LCC just lost Vannah Breeding and it will take a while to adjust to her absence. Is PCC going to improve anymore? Is LCC? We will see come March.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Funny stuff, I believe there was another official there from Letcher county too, definitely a wakeup call for the Lady Dores. Will be totally different in the Regional tourney though, Perry slept throught this game and still came out on top, Letcher played as good as they could play, won't even be close to this kind of game in March. But Letcher will have to battle to even get to play them again. Congrats to the Lady Cougars on a well played game.

We shall see. Most of these posters, including you, stated that no one could come even close to this all-star team but now someone has. So we shall see what happens in March on a neutral floor without MM bowing to Randos every whim and wimper. If you think Letcher played as good as they can play you need to rethink your GURU status. Could make for a great region. East Kentucky All-Stars versus Letcher Centrals homegrown talent.
Perry Central will play Sacred Heart Friday at 7 PM
All Perry does is recruit. Cant do it with their homegrown kids.
Perry is Overated at this point until they beat a good team out in the state the jury is still out on this team, However Rankin is one of the best players in Kentucky and she just a sophmore, They have struggled at the free thow line and play lackadazeckle at times, Letcher should have beat them tuesday night, Noble is not playing well and at this point until they win a signature game they are Overated to me. in the 14th region the only challange is Letcher,Cent and they could upset Perry.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:I spoke the truth. Show me one thing that isnt the truth. Case closed.

You ass a douche bag piece of trash. Truth. Case closed
Perry Played Mercy close the whole game and could have won, they beat letcher, won there first round of the LIT and then played the number one team in the state to the wire. They have proved themselves, any doubters are just jealous haters.