Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Softball
I think the girls are and will do awesome this year.
sportsfan Wrote:flamethrower I know that Magoffin Co hasn't got the hard sche for the year and i guess you want everone to know that your team is number one. I was just on here talking about the girls hittin good and just look back on my post and see that i never said that the girls was the best around i was just talking about how well that they was hitting. You don't have to be the number one team to get on here and talk about your team. Just remember that any team can have a off night and get beat.
YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT and I apologize .magoffin is a very good team that could very well win the 15th region.
Why does everyone keep saying that Magoffin Co. has a weak schedule. They tried to schedule the big teams but everyone's schedule was full. That's why they had to go outside the region to find games. Everyone says Lawrence Co. is a powerhouse and Magoffin Co. beat them. How about giving these girls some credit. It doesn't matter who you play, you still have to hit the ball and field the ball to win and these girls are doing just that.
BUNDY Wrote:Why does everyone keep saying that Magoffin Co. has a weak schedule. They tried to schedule the big teams but everyone's schedule was full. That's why they had to go outside the region to find games. Everyone says Lawrence Co. is a powerhouse and Magoffin Co. beat them. How about giving these girls some credit. It doesn't matter who you play, you still have to hit the ball and field the ball to win and these girls are doing just that.
It does matter the strength of the schedule if your team wants to be able to compete at higher levels If you just want to settle having a winning record against losing teams or if you want to be a state competitor You dont see the Louisville and Lexington teams playing weak schedules and then you see who is end up being state champs
so dawgbyte02, you are saying Lawrence Co., Johnson Cent., and Paintsville are all losing teams? Also Magoffin is playing in a tournament at Bryan Station in Lexington in two weeks. They'll be some good competition there.
BUNDY Wrote:so dawgbyte02, you are saying Lawrence Co., Johnson Cent., and Paintsville are all losing teams? Also Magoffin is playing in a tournament at Bryan Station in Lexington in two weeks. They'll be some good competition there.
not at all.I'm just saying if you play atough schedule you will become a better team.and you are exactly right about the lex.tourney it will give magoffin good experience win or lose.right now magoffin is the only team that can win the 15th region besides sv or pikeville.they have already wrapped up the 57th district.the question is who will be runner up to magoffin and I figure it will be jc or paintsville who are very solid teams.lc and sc will battle for last place.
BUNDY Wrote:so dawgbyte02, you are saying Lawrence Co., Johnson Cent., and Paintsville are all losing teams? Also Magoffin is playing in a tournament at Bryan Station in Lexington in two weeks. They'll be some good competition there.
Just a note to record neither team LCHS or MC have ever won any type of regional title so it would appear that both teams need a lot of work. In the 15th region MC has had strong teams like Shelby Valley to play and when LCHS was in the 16th, they had both Boyd Co and Russell which all manage to make the state tournaments. A strong schedule does make for a strong team maybe both of you better talk to your team coaches about stepping up the level of play in your schedules. At this point the team to beat in the 57th is definitely the Lady Eagles

Go Eagles
MC beat Paintsville today. Great WIN Lady Hornets.
mc has to play jc on mon and lc on tues,any predictions
sportsfan Wrote:MC beat Paintsville today. Great WIN Lady Hornets.
MC really smacked the crap out of the ball early....2 run shot by Jade Howard and a solo by Michaela!!! Paintsville had some opps but couldn't convert enough.
Paintsville has lost to JC and MC in about an 18 hour span and both of those teams hit great early but played great D for the whole games!
The Fan Wrote:they are 4-0 right now,are they regional contenders i dont know the softball scene in the 15th region some info please
there 4 and 1 now thanks to 10 to ZERO GAME FROM CENTRAL
firebird Wrote:there 4 and 1 now thanks to 10 to ZERO GAME FROM CENTRAL
Some ppl don't need to be smart about it!
mc travels to lc on tues.4/25 should be an interesting game.
magoffin is hott!:flame:the games i've saw were played good but i ask you.. didn't mchs play paintsville ? now i lived there in paintsville and they are togh but i think we beat them sum 1 give the 411 on that since a paintsville team was at the park. so go MCHS!
ballfan87 Wrote:Just a note to record neither team LCHS or MC have ever won any type of regional title so it would appear that both teams need a lot of work. In the 15th region MC has had strong teams like Shelby Valley to play and when LCHS was in the 16th, they had both Boyd Co and Russell which all manage to make the state tournaments. A strong schedule does make for a strong team maybe both of you better talk to your team coaches about stepping up the level of play in your schedules. At this point the team to beat in the 57th is definitely the Lady Eagles

Go Eagles

The Eagles haven't been the same since their VERY dominant pitcher graduated. Can't remember her name, but I think she graduated '04.
Yeah she did that was the Daniels girl. She could flat out pitch, she came and pitched to us once at practice and she was pretty amazing to watch she could tell you where her pitches was going end up and to us that was pretty amazing considering our pitchers where pretty inconsistent.
Magoffin is now 10-2.
twentythree Wrote:The Eagles haven't been the same since their VERY dominant pitcher graduated. Can't remember her name, but I think she graduated '04.
jc won the district in '05
baseballfan Wrote:Magoffin is now 10-2.
lawrence is 10-11 overall and 3-3 district with 13 games left 3of which are district games.lc plays sc 5/2 and phs 5/3.