Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region preseason picks
Hill looked like last year he would develop into a really nice player. He'll have to play a big role on a down Corbin team, but should get some real good experience this year.
HDE Wrote:Knox probably won't be rated in the top three but they are very capable of beating anyone in the region.
I'm not saying Canady isn't a great athlete who could help, but it's the same story every year. He's playing. He's not playing. He's playing. He's not playing.
If he liked basketball he'd be there in the summer and it wouldn't be such a mystery every year.

Your statement shows how you know nothing about this kid, the kid will play D-1 football next year. He loves football and he likes playing basketball with his buddies. The summer months he spent at various College football camps thats why he has several offers and more on the way.:thanks:
I didn't say I did.
It's not at all unusual for Division I football players to play basketball.
Coach Evans has known Canadys plan every year. It's only the fans that has said he playing, he not playing.
I heard today that Canady is playing this year he has to wait to be released from the doctor to play from where he hurt his shoulder in the football game at Lexington Catholic.
He is waiting on a Dr. release, that is a true statement. Canady is playing because of a bargain he and Barger made before football season. Barger wasnt going to play football, just basketball and baseball. Canady convinced him to play football in return, Canady would play his Sr. year of basketball with Barger.
That will help Knox Central, and make them a top 5 team in the region.
Picks for the Region by District:
49th:
North over Red Bird
Clay over Jackson Co
North Over Clay
50th:
Corbin over Williamsburg
South over Whitley co
South over Corbin
51st:
Knox Central over Lynn Camp
Pineville over Barbourville
Knox Central over Pineville
52nd:
Harlan Co over Bell Co
Middlesboro over Harlan
Harlan Co over Middlesboro

13th Region:
North Laurel over Corbin
Harlan Co over Pineville
Clay over South Laurel
Knox Central over Middlesboro

Harlan over North Laurel
Knox Central over Clay Co

Harlan Co over Knox Central

Harlan County will be the 2013 13th Region Champion
Jackson County, will be in the regional tournament. North Laurel or Clay County. will not get out of their district.
I have now watched Harlan County, Clay, Bell, Pineville, North Laurel, & Barbourville play this year. The team that had impressed me the most was the mountain lions of Pineville. There guards can really shoot the ball. But there big men will be near impossible to stop. Simpson will be to strong to handle for anyone in the 13th region. I put them as the best team in region followed by Harlan County. Bell county is looking really down this year and could be one of the worst teams in school history. Clay is also looking d
Looking down*
Scouting Wrote:I have now watched Harlan County, Clay, Bell, Pineville, North Laurel, & Barbourville play this year. The team that had impressed me the most was the mountain lions of Pineville. There guards can really shoot the ball. But there big men will be near impossible to stop. Simpson will be to strong to handle for anyone in the 13th region. I put them as the best team in region followed by Harlan County. Bell county is looking really down this year and could be one of the worst teams in school history. Clay is also looking d

How do you get that from the scrimmage?
Harlan County won by 12 without Caldwell, who is still playing football.
Clay County looked terrible against the worst Bell County team I've seen in a long time. Bell has one player in Potter. Clay ended up winning the scrimmage 64-60 but were outscored by 15 in the second half. Clay looked like they were experimenting with different players and defenses but if they don't play with more effort than they showed they are very beatable. Defenses are going to key on McDaniel and force the others to beat them. If Pineville's guards can continue to improve then they could definitely be there come March. Harlan County will be the same team they've been for the last 3 years under Mike Jones, the same team that hasn't proved anything in the postseason. The 13th is wide open at this stage.
Most of you all are overlooking a solid Middlesboro team,
Canady is-- not-- playing Basketball for KNOX this year. I was told several of the schools that have already and are getting ready to offer have requested he not play. At this point an offer is only worth a handshake, and until Feb. he can change his mind and so can the schools. Oh well I don't blame him and I totally understand, but we could of sure used him.:rockon: Good Luck young man you have worked your A## off.