Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade School Kids???
Poor Richard Wrote:I don't see how setting on the bench at a high school game can help as much as playing in a middle school game. AND if a kid can throw a no hitter in the 7th grade why don't we see him pitching in the little league world series?

Because the kids 15 he stayed back for basketball like alot of people
catsman Wrote:Because the kids 15 he stayed back for basketball like alot of people
He was a 15 year old 7th grader??
Baseball, more than any other sport, affords younger kids the opportunity to compete on the varsity level. Although it is a team sport the you are not usually battling against another person like you are in basketball and football. A young kid who is a great fielder may not be able to throw someone out from deep in the hole at short but would play very well at 2nd base. Also, that same kid may not be able to drive the ball 375 feet over the fence but is a great contact hitter. Give me someone like that and I will find him a place in my lineup. Didn't Harrison County win the state a few years ago with a couple of grade school players in their starting lineup?
compete; sorry about the typing error.
catsman Wrote:Because the kids 15 he stayed back for basketball like alot of people

Let's see,,, From all your post, I can tell your from JBS, and your saying something about holdbacks???

Anyhow, The "kid" was just a 13 year old 7th grader that threw a NO HITTER in a high school varsity game. Not just any team, but Perry Central. I challenge you or anyone on here to find were it has ever been done before. All I know is I hope this 14 year old 8th grader get to picth aginst you this year.
Perhaps there are hard feelings. I think "the kid" you are referring to attended JBS during elementary school.
I don't know about hard feelings, but we'll take any more they got like him.
gotcha2 Wrote:Perhaps there are hard feelings. I think "the kid" you are referring to attended JBS during elementary school.

hmmmm...im not sure but I think Evan Potter may have attended Hindman....I cant remember but I think he was on their academic team when my son was in gradeschool.....I could be wrong though......but either way, he is a very good player.......
Poor Richard Wrote:I just can't see how a kid in the 7th grade can compete with a senior in high school. How could the have the arm strength or mental discipline to play at this level, not to mention PITCH?
the Amburgey kid from JBS has been starting center since 7th grade.. basketball takes up most of the kids over there... and going into his freshman year this year he is only 29 steals away from breaking the school record... the potter kid from KCC has been about the same he is an outstanding player
i started playing in 7th grade and was never scared or intimitated by the older players. Its just a part of the game, growing up and being introduced to the so called "big leagues" for most players in their baseball careers.
If you let these kids play against the older kids then they will only get better. I think this is a very good thing. It may not put many teams in a spot to win district or region but by the time they are seniors they will be in a place to win.
Does JBS have a middle school team and do some of these kids play for high school?
KCC Fan Wrote:Let's see,,, From all your post, I can tell your from JBS, and your saying something about holdbacks???

Anyhow, The "kid" was just a 13 year old 7th grader that threw a NO HITTER in a high school varsity game. Not just any team, but Perry Central. I challenge you or anyone on here to find were it has ever been done before. All I know is I hope this 14 year old 8th grader get to picth aginst you this year.

No im not from JBS. I do like to keep up with there sports though and Evan Potter did go to JBS. I know that just about there whole starting lineup in basketball has been held back. Im just sayin hes older than most 7th graders.
nolookpass Wrote:the Amburgey kid from JBS has been starting center since 7th grade.. basketball takes up most of the kids over there... and going into his freshman year this year he is only 29 steals away from breaking the school record... the potter kid from KCC has been about the same he is an outstanding player

JBS has had more than one kid start since 7th grade. They had Tyler Mullins who now attend PCC. And they had another kid who was been the DH since 7th grade. Im not sure but i believe his last name is Kincaid. Those 2(Amburgey and Kincaid) will be very good this year.
TongueirateSho :Cheerlead