Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top teams in 13th,14th,15th regions.
IntheZone Wrote:Coach Hall has forgot more about baseball then youll ever know man. Schs had no pitcher last year that had thrown in any varsity game. he does get results in 09 an 10 schs was an error away from kncking LCHS out of the first round of districts with inferior teams its obvious your just a homer and if we dont think LC is amazing your gonna be butt hurt. Over look them this season and a few season to come and your gonna be going home with your tail between your legs. its obvious you dont keep tabs on your middle school program or you would know that Martin county middle has been as good f not better than lCMS for the past couple seasons.

You mean the same middle school that LMS beat last year? Confusednicker: The one problem is that those middle school kids worked harder in grades 6-8 than they will 9-12, because they had a coach at the middle school level that would coach them. Once they get to high school, Feb. 15th to 3rd week of May, then see you next Feb. 15th.

Does Mike know baseball? Sure. But what use is it? He doesn't work the kids. That's a fact. Don't believe me, just ask some of his middle school parents. They want him OUT. Trust me. We hear the rumbling here in LC all the time.

But, sure, Mike Hall is the 15th region's Connie Mack. :biglmao:
Now that the season is a little under a month away from officially starting, has there been any updates on your respected programs? Any news? Have they been working out?
As far as updates are concerned, Middlesboro received another solid transfer within the past couple of weeks in Jesse Hoskins from Bell County. Jesse started for Bell County as a middle schooler and is very athletic. From what I understand, he sustained a knew injury in the first week of the season last year that put him out for the rest of the year.

Additionally, his family moved to Middlesboro. His paperwork is still being processed but the Jackets are hopeful that he will be out around Feb 15.

Jesse is in great position to start at second base or in the outfield.

Baseball season is around the corner!
Has the Cumberland Gap transfer you talked about eligible? I know you guys will need somebody to fill Epperson's spot.
FanofThegame12 Wrote:Has the Cumberland Gap transfer you talked about eligible? I know you guys will need somebody to fill Epperson's spot.

Yes he is eligible and is working out with the team. From what I am being told, defensively, we will be better off at SS for sure. Offensively, he is more of a 1 or 2 hitter and not so much of an option at 3 or 4 like Epperson was. Long story short, not quite as much power.
Belfry will have to fill some shoes this upcoming season with the loss of the 4 seniors (Williams, Fields, Dotson and Masters) but I think they will make some noise in the 15th. JC, Painstville, Pikeville could and should all be as they usually are and have good teams as well. I look forward to watching some great baseball this season!
fieldofdreams Wrote:Belfry will have to fill some shoes this upcoming season with the loss of the 4 seniors (Williams, Fields, Dotson and Masters) but I think they will make some noise in the 15th. JC, Painstville, Pikeville could and should all be as they usually are and have good teams as well. I look forward to watching some great baseball this season!

I like the way this is going thus far. Nobody is saying anything about Lawrence. But, I think by the middle of the year, everyone will be talking about them. From what I've seen with my own eyes, and heard from others, could be something special for the next 4-6 years at LCHS. But, please, continue talking only about Pikeville, Paintsville, Johnson Central, and even Magoffin or Sheldon Clark. Even though LCHS did not lose to Magoffin or Sheldon Clark last year, and return 90% of their offense/defense, and 100% of their pitching.
lchsalumnus Wrote:I like the way this is going thus far. Nobody is saying anything about Lawrence. But, I think by the middle of the year, everyone will be talking about them. From what I've seen with my own eyes, and heard from others, could be something special for the next 4-6 years at LCHS. But, please, continue talking only about Pikeville, Paintsville, Johnson Central, and even Magoffin or Sheldon Clark. Even though LCHS did not lose to Magoffin or Sheldon Clark last year, and return 90% of their offense/defense, and 100% of their pitching.

It must feel good to be a LCHS alum! Sounds like good times are ahead! Seriously, I have read this entire thread and saw nothing posted by anyone that counted the bulldogs out. Placing them in the top 4 or 5 based on last year sounds reasonable! Good luck to all. As always just the opinion of an outsider looking in.
When my own said that being in a state championship tournament was just another game I started thinking. You play 35 games high school, 40 games summer ball and another 20 games fall ball, it becomes just another game. Every coach, parent, college scout, Ad, etc is measuring W/L,stats,etc. Nobody is thinking that the player is just going through the routine. We have abandoned league play for travel ball. We have abandoned the multitude for the few in search of misguided glory. In high school we have demanded year around dedication to a particular sport. All others need not apply. When a high school championship game is just another game, the sport has become a JOB with no pay and few benefits for the player. Nobody is interested in developing long term standards, only short term results. A coach has tremendous influence on kids. But nobody talks about the coach that went 15-20 but had 5 seniors that all went on to higher learning. Sports are an extra-curricular activity that is part of the overall development of the individual. We all like to win but the best win is smart, productive young folks that feel a part of the community. Use the influence to strenghten your community for the future. Involve as many as possible. Encourage and invest in a strong little league. It benefits all in the long run. I know this is way off topic but I felt it needed saying somewhere.
AMEN! And well said!!!
Middlesboro is the worst acting team in the region hands down, they are trained to be unsportsmanlike. They all act like a bunch of softball girls chanting & they even sound like a bunch of girls too, just like their girly coaches. Can't wait to see H.C. & Boggs & companyt destroy that bunch of yellowbellies. Bears all the way
dawgbyte02 Wrote:When my own said that being in a state championship tournament was just another game I started thinking. You play 35 games high school, 40 games summer ball and another 20 games fall ball, it becomes just another game. Every coach, parent, college scout, Ad, etc is measuring W/L,stats,etc. Nobody is thinking that the player is just going through the routine. We have abandoned league play for travel ball. We have abandoned the multitude for the few in search of misguided glory. In high school we have demanded year around dedication to a particular sport. All others need not apply. When a high school championship game is just another game, the sport has become a JOB with no pay and few benefits for the player. Nobody is interested in developing long term standards, only short term results. A coach has tremendous influence on kids. But nobody talks about the coach that went 15-20 but had 5 seniors that all went on to higher learning. Sports are an extra-curricular activity that is part of the overall development of the individual. We all like to win but the best win is smart, productive young folks that feel a part of the community. Use the influence to strenghten your community for the future. Involve as many as possible. Encourage and invest in a strong little league. It benefits all in the long run. I know this is way off topic but I felt it needed saying somewhere.

Regardless of what you think, nobody holds a gun to the heads of the players forcing them to play summer or fall. People seem to think they are forced, but they aren't. Trust me. They play because they WANT to play. They enjoy it. Nothing is required, other than play hard.
BlackBearMtn.Man511 Wrote:Middlesboro is the worst acting team in the region hands down, they are trained to be unsportsmanlike. They all act like a bunch of softball girls chanting & they even sound like a bunch of girls too, just like their girly coaches. Can't wait to see H.C. & Boggs & companyt destroy that bunch of yellowbellies. Bears all the way

Think everyone knows HC ain't good for nothin but choking, that's why they were 1-2 against middlesboro last year and lost on the own field
I dont think Hazard will have the 14th to easy this year....
Middlesboro is unsportsmanlike? They walked in your brand new stadium cool as a cucumber and beat you twice. There was no chanting, and I can remember multiple times during your Pregame they tried to throw it in middlesboro's dugout. If anyone is unsportsmanlike it is HC
dawgbyte02 Wrote:When my own said that being in a state championship tournament was just another game I started thinking. You play 35 games high school, 40 games summer ball and another 20 games fall ball, it becomes just another game. Every coach, parent, college scout, Ad, etc is measuring W/L,stats,etc. Nobody is thinking that the player is just going through the routine. We have abandoned league play for travel ball. We have abandoned the multitude for the few in search of misguided glory. In high school we have demanded year around dedication to a particular sport. All others need not apply. When a high school championship game is just another game, the sport has become a JOB with no pay and few benefits for the player. Nobody is interested in developing long term standards, only short term results. A coach has tremendous influence on kids. But nobody talks about the coach that went 15-20 but had 5 seniors that all went on to higher learning. Sports are an extra-curricular activity that is part of the overall development of the individual. We all like to win but the best win is smart, productive young folks that feel a part of the community. Use the influence to strenghten your community for the future. Involve as many as possible. Encourage and invest in a strong little league. It benefits all in the long run. I know this is way off topic but I felt it needed saying somewhere.

Gotta take it in context, he may have meant it as no pressure, just another game. I always wanted my sons to play in those atmospheres as it was just another game. By playing those extra games they understand that they can compete against anyone. All of mine played in a Final Four of either the All A State or the State tournament and played it as just another game. You dont want them to get caught up in the atmosphere. A well run summer program will put them in ball parks and situations which will help if they reach that level of high school play. I never forced mine to play, they played with a passion for the game that I was proud of. Next time you talk to your son see how the comment was meant to be taken. My guess is you will get a reaction similar to what I stated above.
Commanche Wrote:Gotta take it in context, he may have meant it as no pressure, just another game. I always wanted my sons to play in those atmospheres as it was just another game. By playing those extra games they understand that they can compete against anyone. All of mine played in a Final Four of either the All A State or the State tournament and played it as just another game. You dont want them to get caught up in the atmosphere. A well run summer program will put them in ball parks and situations which will help if they reach that level of high school play. I never forced mine to play, they played with a passion for the game that I was proud of. Next time you talk to your son see how the comment was meant to be taken. My guess is you will get a reaction similar to what I stated above.

Well Said! Good post!
Pass
Middlesboro
Hazard
Pikeville
i think everyone is counting out lee county in the 14th region. they lost 3 seniors but have alot of good talent.
Estill isnt as good as they are being talked aboutin my opinion. maybe you guys see something i dont.
With Lawrence county's 5 and 0 start and several losses by the quote "top teams" may need to rethink the 15th region!