Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Catfish Bait?
groundhog guts works too...
Use liver and never use gizzard
chicken livers.
soft crawdads...and sometimes catava worms
i use livers soaked in powerbaits BLOOD scent, and it has worked for me over at Dewey, ponds and the river
Chicken Liver
i like to use a big ol gobb of night crawlers and mill worms and sometime cherry chicken, and sometimes night crawlers and baccer spit
Chub minnows
Chicken Cool-Aid
I like a mixture of chicken liver, dog poop and WD-40.
night crawler and liver
Bait always depends on species of catfish, what kind of forage is in the body of water you are fishing, and time of year.
Chicken livers are good ,but I think you can't underestimate a big fat nightcrawler.
chicken liver drinched in cherry coolade
i've tried the cherry chicken, livers, nightcrawlers, stink bate, bluegill, hotdogs, ect...

but the best luck i've had is just raw chicken breast tenders.. cut them cold into 1 inch squares... you can add some type of oil based scent to draw them in at all depths of water.......
Chicken livers is my #1 choice. Should I be at a pay lake my choice is a chub minnow "threaded" on the hook and soft craws.
A few years ago I caught a 42 pounder with a gold fish at lower A&T paylake. They dont like for you to use them though cause they can take over a pond.
slingblade93 Wrote:A few years ago I caught a 42 pounder with a gold fish at lower A&T paylake. They dont like for you to use them though cause they can take over a pond.

Goldfish are very good bait, I had forgot all about those.
caught 4 on chicken livers today.
TakeItToTheHouse/The2nd Wrote:I like a mixture of chicken liver, dog poop and WD-40.

That's hilarious. Are you serious?
cottage cheese with beef jerky
Bucket steak
Chicken Soaked In Kool-aid And Vineger
Chicken liver is favorite of mine.
For me, store bought shrimp works best. Take large shrimp u can find pretty much anywhere. Coat these in garlic powder. When u go 2 put them on th hook remove tip of tail and "shell". Don't leave your rod. Ive been told that they are just like soft shell crawdads but alot easier 2 find and easier 2 use...lol. An amazing bait.
If you havn't used some soft grawdeads then you dont know how to fish...I like some tobbyworms as well... Yellowbelly's, goldfish, and bluegill work pretty good to
Actually we usually have a lot more luck with white grubs which you can find in the woods by digging up decomposing wood stumps etc. FREE
Chicken Liver and Cool-Aid
TakeItToTheHouse/The2nd Wrote:I like a mixture of chicken liver, dog poop and WD-40.
One day i was at a paypond...and this man was catchin up all kinds of catfish, and no one else was, so i decided i was gonna find out what he was using for bait, so i eased on over there to him, and said man what r u using for bait?, he kinda looked at me , then looked at a yellow bucket, laughed and said take a look for yourself, so i did and it was dog poop!!!!! He would take a rubber glove and then squeeze it tight on his hook, i was in awww, then i said yeh i guess it works, but who would wanna eat a fish that eats poop!!!!Smile
Nothing like Chub Minners! Yes I said "Minners" not Minnows! lol